Question: Need oa's time to kick in?

Galadea

Alpha
Society
The 3-Toed Sloths
Galadea Gala Durutti
There are a lot of posts about oreamps, but about this topic there hasn't been talked much.
I'm new to amped mining, not to mining though (lvl22 prospector). My tactic is to use one of105 without amp and one with amp. I usually use the unamped finder until i know that one of the next bombs will hit then i switch to the amped finder. But the amp (oa103 e.g.) seems to have no effect. The claims I'm getting are roughly the same size which i get unamped. If i constantly use the amped finder i do see a big difference in claim size, though.

So i came to the conclusion that amps need some time to kick in. Do others have the same experience?

unamped u will find more claims but not so big (ofc u can make ATH unamped)
with amp 103 and above u will find less but more Big claims a would say use 101 amp too lvl 25 prospector too use it efficient after that use 103 amp.

when i started too use oa 103 i found glowies all days i had much luck i think i had like 2 glowies each day around mostly substantial so i could get more and more amps too each run i started mining at the beginning off 2007 and my first ubah was 34k zinc after that it was crazy made 4 ubah in 5 days and the profit off 2007 was 130k peds and then 2008 begun now it all sux....

or use my tactic i used when i was miner mine everywhere amped 103 to 107 everytime have fun make loads off glowies too bad this new VU.s make that impossible too me so no idea iff it works now...;)

Last edited:
So i came to the conclusion that amps need some time to kick in. Do others have the same experience?

I think so too, ive tryed the same thing as you.. and with only amped i find better claims

after a while you seems to get a part of your lost money back, so yes it take a while after switching cause you need to loose more money first ;)

Well, from my experience (been mining with amps almost all my EU life), i can tell that amps do not amplify individual claims, but rather the whole output. If let's say, your average return is 80% in tt. So, if you drop 300 bombs, unamped, your return would be aprox 300*0.8=240peds. Now, if you drop 300 bombs amped with oa-103, return would be (300+300*2)*0.8=720peds.

Same rule should apply to mixed amped/unamped runs. If let's say, you drop 200 bombs unamped and 100 amped with oa-103, return would aproximately be (200+100*3)*0.8=400peds.

Hope it clarifies things a bit.

Thanky ou all for the good and usefull replies :)

unamped u will find more claims but not so big (ofc u can make ATH unamped)
with amp 103 and above u will find less but more Big claims a would say use 101 amp too lvl 25 prospector too use it efficient after that use 103 amp.

or use my tactic i used when i was miner mine everywhere amped 103 to 107 everytime have fun make loads off glowies too bad this new VU.s make that impossible too me so no idea iff it works now...;)

For daily mining i started to use oa101s just to speed up skilling a bit. And your suggestions about "having fun"...For me the fun of EU is developing a strategy and see if it works out (works out = not having to deposit). But just bombing away is a viable strategy so i think i'll try it for a few amps :wtg:

But sadly most of the time this doesn't work well and I just get in a bad mood if i loose too much. :rolleyes:

Well, from my experience (been mining with amps almost all my EU life), i can tell that amps do not amplify individual claims, but rather the whole output. If let's say, your average return is 80% in tt. So, if you drop 300 bombs, unamped, your return would be aprox 300*0.8=240peds. Now, if you drop 300 bombs amped with oa-103, return would be (300+300*2)*0.8=720peds.

Same rule should apply to mixed amped/unamped runs. If let's say, you drop 200 bombs unamped and 100 amped with oa-103, return would aproximately be (200+100*3)*0.8=400peds.

Hope it clarifies things a bit.

That makes a lot of sense. So me changing finder all the time is just stupid :)

Last edited:
They dont take time to kick in, its just luck.

A common bigger find with bombs is V, a small uncommon find is VIII or IX. A common small find with 103s is V, a common bigger find is VIII or IX. And the smal uncommon is a XI or XII.

So ya youll see the same claim sizes all the time with 103s vs unamped. On average you will see a LOT more of those VIIIs or IXs, but there is overlap for common sizes.

Last edited:
Back