Newly Discovered Moon to be Auctioned

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
[h=2]Newly Discovered Moon to be Auctioned[/h] [h=3]Entropia Universe All Planets Bulletin[/h] Gothenburg, Sweden – March 1, 2013 /Entropia Universe/ – Entropia Universe announced today that it will be auctioning a newly discovered moon starting on March 21, 2013. This unique opportunity combines the Entropia Universe Planet Partner and Marketing Partner programs, allowing the winner to operate an estate in a virtual universe which just celebrated its tenth anniversary.

The winning bidder will work closely with the MindArk team throughout the estate’s development process with direct input on important design decisions, and will share revenue with MindArk resulting from all activity on the moon. As a way to further increase earning potential, the winning bidder will also have the ability to recruit newparticipants through marketing, and receive a share of revenue from resulting activity anywhere in Entropia Universe.

The moon estate includes a Lunar Command Center and two Lunar Habitats, along with eight subsurface caverns filled with unique creatures and rare resources.

The auction for rights to manage the moon estate will begin on March 21 and end two weeks later, on April 4, 2013. The estate deed will be listed on the Entropia Universe global auction with a starting bid of 1.5 million PED (150,000 USD).

For more information about the auction including full details regarding the Moon Estate, please visit the following URL: www.entropiauniverse.com/entropia-universe/announcements/moon

Originally Posted Here

Damn sweet :yay::yay: ( Was more a placeholder. Just glad they at released info at least)

Having read through the details, sounds more like Bank V2.0

Good luck getting the 150k USD SB :)

Cheers,

Divinity

Last edited:
:hammer: I'm too slow

IT'S NEW MOON

Last edited:
If i read the link correctly, there will not be taxes set. But similar to the clds', ir revenue share instead

Damn impressive, but will come down to, how big it is. How many mobs, what type of resources can be found.

Rare is all well and good, but if there are no bps for them, then they will be useless etc

Will be interesting to see what happens

Rgds

Ace

Calling bank lol who can possibly afford this ;p
Would shares not have been better in some way? Ah no then ppl stop spending again.

Calling bank lol who can possibly afford this ;p
Would shares not have been better in some way? Ah no then ppl stop spending again.

They probably want to make sure only someone with a lot of money will buy it, as they also want the moon manager to do marketing and probably stay as long as possible without the moon changing hands again

Well, when reading this, im a bit skeptic....

Revenue Sharing

Revenue generated through participant activity will be shared with the Moon Manager as follows:

Activity on the moon estate by participants recruited by Moon Manager: 35%
Activity on the moon estate by all other participants: 10%
Activity elsewhere within Entropia Universe by participants recruited by the Moon Manager: 25%

Seem's like you pay 1.5mill + to be a manager/caretaker, you do all of the work, and you'll just get a small piece of the cake...

What does it mean that it combines the PP with the marketing programme? Is this going to be an independant Planet, or part of an existing one? What is the model behind it?

Well, when reading this, im a bit skeptic....

Seem's like you pay 1.5mill + to be a manager/caretaker, you do all of the work, and you'll just get a small piece of the cake...

As far as I understand it, it means revenue sharing is like it is for Planet Partners... Only you get a smaller % of the revenue and you do not have to pay for development.

So how this moon well be floating around or you going to place it next to next island:scratch2:

Can't see the answer to the only question I care about - the moon of what? Is it one of the Caly's moons or some lootius-forsaken rock beyond Next Island (as implied by the words "deep space")? In the latter case it rather is an asteroid than a moon.

The positive thing is that in order to maximize profits, moon manager has to to do some marketing as well - recruit people to EU. That's good. Because up until now, the big estate owners can sit back and relax, maybe organize a few events and that's it...

P.S. I don't want to disregard anyone who has put a lot of time into his management, but still, I think the big land owners are just there to collect profits (Foma domes especially, but other popular LAs as well).

Can't see the answer to the only question I care about - the moon of what? Is it one of the Caly's moons or some lootius-forsaken rock beyond Next Island (as implied by the words "deep space")? In the latter case it rather is an asteroid than a moon.

Should be placed in the middle of the map, imo... would make a good stopping point for intergalactic travellers to rest and resupply :yup:

Looks like Planet Partner lite. All the advertising costs but none of the development.

I guess they learned their lesson with Medusa and set a minimum price for it as well. But it's a :nutkick: to the PP's

Last edited:
What does it mean that it combines the PP with the marketing programme? Is this going to be an independant Planet, or part of an existing one? What is the model behind it?

Mind "we screw anyone for a buck" Ark now taking it to the Planet Partners, have they milked them dry already or has player growth generated by the PP's flatlined for so long they have given up on them.
i think MA misunderstood the old saying divide et impera, its not fragment to profit, but divide and conquer, and refers to enemies in war, and not your own customers.

http://www.entropiauniverse.com/entropia-universe/announcements/moon/

We need pics, video of landscape and more explaination what owner will be allowed to do.
As i understant I would be able to design appartments, commercial structures, new mobs ( beside those 'nex' mobs') like any planet partner ?
150k startbid is 1/10 of the value of planet partner if i ain't mistaken. If it is truely that, bidwar may not exceed that although it is a planet delivered ready for use but it's con is less revenue share as a true PP.

Does moon theme means selling ESA fail junk ?

http://www.entropiauniverse.com/entropia-universe/announcements/moon/

We need pics, video of landscape and more explaination what owner will be allowed to do.
As i understant I would be able to design appartments, commercial structures, new mobs ( beside those 'nex' mobs') like any planet partner ?
150k startbid is 1/10 of the value of planet partner if i ain't mistaken. If it is truely that, bidwar may not exceed that although it is a planet delivered ready for use but it's con is less revenue share as a true PP.

Does moon theme means selling ESA fail junk ?

I think it will be a get what your given and when we feel like it and not a true PP.

Mindark in control of development means, quality control. No halfnaked slutty women mobs or funky monkeys.

A new moon has been discovered, really?:laugh:

You discovered new planets years ago and were not able to discover this moon which is closer to Calypso than other planets?...

This does not adds up:silly2:

Mindark in control of development means, quality control. No halfnaked slutty women mobs or funky monkeys.

Yeah :)

Certainly interesting developments here. The owner of this is like a PP but doesn't have to develop anything. They can just concentrate on marketing and maximising their returns. Excellent concept and design this should be good for the game as a whole as it's likely to bring in new players.

Seems MindArk have learnt from some of the failures of existing PP and devised this accordingly.

Bottom line is it's likely to be very profitable for owner and good for the game.

You discovered new planets years ago and were not able to discover this moon which is closer to Calypso than other planets?...

Where did you read that it's closer than others planets? can't find it :scratch2:

I see New Era of Whine in the future!

What's wrong with half naked slutty women?:)

Because gamers are a highly intelectual species who treat women with respect and in no way demean them :wise:

50% are even real women :wise:

:eyecrazy:

Back