Founded: Federation of Free Wanderers

Pirx Danford

Elite
Society
Federation of Free Wanderers
Pirx Danford
Hello everybody.

Today I founded the Federation of Free Wanderers as I did not find anything fitting to me.
We are logically not approved yet, but I want to tell about the background and goals nonetheless and maybe the one or the other might be interested in joining.

Mainly the society is about the freedom of the individual and having fun together.
We agree on a Code of Conduct which is in place to protect the principles of the society and by this guarantees the most freedom possible to the individual.

The Code of Conduct replaces the old Codex which is mentioned at the bottom.

Code of Conduct
  • We are a society of autonomous people and respect each other as equals.
  • We support, advise and help our fellow society members and others when needed and we are up to it.
  • We behave in a fair and respectful manner towards everyone.
  • We hold our honour and our word in high esteem and will fulfill any commitments we have agreed on as persons or society.

Old Codex
  • We are a federation of liberals
  • We fight together and support each other
  • We act fair and respectfully towards others
  • We stand for our word and to our friends

Thanks for reading this announcement and have a nice and lucky day,
Pirx Danford

Last edited:
Just a tiny bump for our new soc announcement! Applications now being taken for any players who are interested in having a nice group of friends to play and learn with.

No bossing around, no bullying, just respect and a group of friends to call on when you need it. If you are a lone wolf like me but still want to have a reliable group of friends to call on and to socialize with when you feel like it, this is it folks. Last but not least, no awful (and wrong) advice will be given, if we aren't 100% sure of something then we won't tell you to do it that way, maybe offer an opinion instead or send you to the forums and guides to check for yourself.

Our illustrous leader is one of the most trustworthy guys you will ever find, lots of fun, and loves helping folks. Don't think I would still be in the game if it weren't for his help and friendship :wise: (Tell me if I have any of this wrong oh noble one!)

So, come on folks, lets get those applications rolling for some fun times ahead.

Ta
Lee

Of course you got nothing wrong bosswoman (you brought that on yourself Lee :D ).
But calling me noble is a tidbit exaggerated - after all having fun together includes my side also :cool:

As there was some unclarity about the line "- We act fair and respectfully towards others"
I will specify that a bit more.
Thanks Mr. Beck for bringing that one up.

The following explanation can be hopefully adapted to every one of the rules.

First of all it describes the extremes.
Running around naked and yelling diffamities may certainly be offending some people, but running around a mob and wooing it may be just the right thing to do in a certain moment :eek:

So if everyone in a spot is having fun one might decide to ignore the request of one of the common "wet blankets" or "Miesmuschel" as we germans do say to behave normally.
As long as one is not insulting that person directly one may keep up having fun!
Or even better, but tremendously complicated, one might want to set out on the task to explain to an austere person the need for fun.

So its all common sense as usual - it's like with rule one (We are a federation of liberals):
if any future member feels like it wants to being bossed around it just might find someone to do that.
If one does not want to claim the right on liberality one has the freedom of giving up on that... even if I believe that such members will join more militaristic organized societies.

Thanks for reading
P. Danford

I'm happy to say we are now three. Thanks to you Pirx and Lee for accepting me :tiphat: Being something of a lone wolf myself, this society suits me perfectly. I can "be my own boss" but still have the support and friendship that comes from being a member of a great society. The rules are pretty simple really:

Respect each other and other players.
Support each other in times of need.
Have fun but don't spoil other people's fun.

I think I've summarised correctly. Any other free thinkers who naturally treat others with respect and don't need to be ordered around should consider joining us at the Federation of Free Wanderers :thumbup:

Last edited:
Count me in!

As of today, I am now a member of the Federation of Free Wanderers. Thank you Mr. Danford for accepting me. I will do my best to make a worthwhile contribution to the society.

Sincerely,
Donald

Welcome aboard Donald :tiphat: Your membership must surely make ours the most stylish and sophisticated society on Calypso :yup:

Further applications from the stylish and/or sophisticated welcome.

Beck.

Last edited:
A big welcome to both Beck and Donald as well as those who have now joined but not posted here :grouphug:

Despite some minor hiccups with the start up process and a bit of editing to the code we seem to be on our way! Now I need to get out there and find some more females to join us ;)

Just to keep things clear, from what I have gathered FoFW has nothing to do with Wanderers Society (being the soc leader of the latter and all). :D

Good luck with the society and I sincerely hope it works out as planned.

Hi guys

Do you have any membership requirements with regards to skills/weapons/armor of location (I am playing from South Africa which is GMT+2)?

Would love to join if this is not the case.

Regards

Mornelius said:
Hi guys

Do you have any membership requirements with regards to skills/weapons/armor of location (I am playing from South Africa which is GMT+2)?

Would love to join if this is not the case.

Regards

Hi Mornelius, I am taking the liberty to reply to this since I am not sure our leader is online at the moment ;) No, we do not have any such requirements, our most important requirements being that soc members be honest and nice people, so please feel free to apply at a soc terminal if you are interested.
(Our leader is going to edit/update the original post at some point I believe to explain our goals and requirements a bit better as some confusion arose from some words)

Personally, I think it is good to have members from all sorts of time zones, it may make it a bit tricky for everyone to get to know each other but it also makes the chances greater that someone will be online from your time zone if the soc numbers grow.
Hope that helps.
Ta
Lee

Thanks Lee. :)

I will submit my application as soon as I get home from work.

Regards,
Mornelius

In a matter of very short time I will update the initial posting with a complete revamp of our description.
Very much thanks to Donald for bringing to my attention that the term "liberal" is quite tainted by political tantrum and even more thanks to Lee for a complete rewording, which is "more english".

We have renamed the "Codex" into "Code of Conduct".
On that note I am happy to confirm the statements of Lee to Mr. Mornelius.
There are absolutely no requirements other than the will to abide the Code of Conduct, which should be no problem for any upright person.

Lee had a nice description which does not fit into the terminal,
which makes all of this even more clear:
"Our society is founded on the principle that all members are autonomous individuals who do not need or want to be dictated to or ruled over, but
would like the benefit of a society of friends to have fun with, help and support each other, and to help those players not in the soc if and when needed.

We understand and respect that each player has their own way of doing things, and will sometimes want to participate in group activities with the soc while at other times would like to be on their own."

And to answer Mr. Hrafninn:
It is right we do not have anything to do with the other, but I sincerely believe that quite a lot of your and our members like to roam the lands.

Donald, old chap, from our previous conversations, I value your opinion, don't you know.

I have noticed that you have elected to join the newly formed and seemingly most attractive Federation of Free Wanderers.

I too am looking for new friends on Calypso and am seeking an undemanding society to join. I don't get on much, usually only Friday's so I would appreciate more of a loose association rather than a full on active society and, from what Mr Danford and Ms Lee have said, FoFW seems to fit the bill admirably - but do you think I would suit FoFW?

I have around 35k of skills although I still need to learn so much - but I do have grey haired wisdom to pass on to those that would listen and a dry sense of humour to go with it - perhaps though, just one old-timer in any society is enough?

Best regards and with all due respect

Arrun

oh, I can speak common too!

Arrun said:
I too am looking for new friends on Calypso and am seeking an undemanding society to join. I don't get on much, usually only Friday's so I would appreciate more of a loose association rather than a full on active society and, from what Mr Danford and Ms Lee have said, FoFW seems to fit the bill admirably - but do you think I would suit FoFW?

!

Hi Arrun, I know you were asking for Donald's thoughts, and I am sure he will reply when he finds time (I believe he is busy with his haircut sales job at the moment ;) ), but let me say that I have no objection to you applying to join us. I do think that with the fairly open structure we have that we will end up with a nice variety of members, old, young, active and not so active, and that will all add to the fun and camaraderie I think. The more the merrier, as long as you are able to follow the very basic code of conduct, which as Dan has said should be easy for any upright person to do.
Ta
Lee

Interesting idea folks.

Very similar to the Society that I myself am trying to set up. However, should my own soc fail qualification, perhaps you might see a new application or two more!

Good luck.

Mr. Arrun,

as you seem to be a quite polite and fluent person
you fit on our most important requirement perfectly.
I would like to welcome you very much for my part.

As you have addressed my colleague Donald directly
and as we are basically all equals within the society
I will leave the final answer now to him.

Best regards to you
P. Danford

Sorry, I was away...

...but I think it would be great if Arrun could join up with us! He and I have conversed via PM and have much in common. I have particularly enjoyed his discription of computing in the 'olden days' and his skillful use of the phrase, "Hell's Teeth!", which I have filched since first hearing it. Left up to me, Arrun, would be admitted immediately! (...sooner had I been more alert...)

Sincerely,
Donald

Nice work on the revamped society description. I must admit I needed to read the original a couple of times before I was comfortable with what I was signing up for :scratch::deal: The new description is very clear and concise.

Welcome to Mornelius and Arrun.

:tiphat: Beck

Thanks Beck

I had a nice chat with Pirx ingame lastnight, and I think I am going to be very happy in FoFW.

Regards,
Mornelius

thank you all so much for your replies - when next on PE, I will proceed immediately to the nearest soc terminal!!

All done and accepted - many thanks to all!

Seriously, I would join this society without any doubt if I was able to do so. It seems to have nice members and don't forget the wonderful name. ;)

The fact is I have my own society, not that I would call that a bad thing. I really like my society a lot, but like with women you sometimes dream about doing it with someone else than your own sweetheart. :laugh:

Hrafninn said:
I really like my society a lot, but like with women you sometimes dream about doing it with someone else than your own sweetheart. :laugh:

Oi! We're the "Federation of Free Wanderers". I think you're confusing us with our sister society, the "Federation of Free Fornicators" :makelove:

Last edited:
Hey Beck - that is a VERRRY neat sig pic!! Do we all get one?

Arrun said:
Hey Beck - that is a VERRRY neat sig pic!! Do we all get one?

I understand our dear Donald is working on one that we could all use, but it is clear that we could also make and use our own like Beck has done, bearing in mind the each to his/her own thing :) Nice banner Beck!

Thanks guys. I didn't realise Donald was making one. I didn't spend a lot of time on this, I just wanted to get something up quickly that links back to this thread. Feel free to modify mine if you like, or I can make something similar for whoever wants it. It's a Photoshop file so the text can be changed very easily. I'm also happy to replace it with whatever Donald comes up with instead for conformity.

Last edited:
gasp - I feel so inadequate!!

Simple, yet elegant. I like it!

I'm really like the siggie that Beck has come up with. It has simplicity and style and yet it says a lot. Look at those footprints! Who is the prey, and who the predator? Good job, I say... As for me, I haven't had a chance to put anything together and fail to see how I coud improve on Ilga's offering. Let's make it official (and then give me one with my name please...)! Where is Pirx?

Sincerely,
Donald

*jumps in*

I am here, I am here

Sirs you surprise me to no end!
I am so thrilled by your creativity Ilga - this signature is just...
well just like FoFW I dare say!
One can interpret it in so many ways I can't stop thinking of possible meanings.

The first one I noticed in Lees signature was depicting an idea I also had,
with this I refer to the scenery with the open sky, but it was a bit too calm for my taste.
The very individual Signature of Lee which is actually displayed would somehow be a bit unfitting for a bearded freak like me I am afraid.

Hopefully Ilga will send me the original image,
then I can also modify the names and create unique signatures.
If nobody of the FoFW disagrees with the signature I am all for making it official.
It goes without saying that nobody will be bound to use it.
As it is, it would be nice to have different signatures rotating,
so whomever likes may create an own version.

Back