ONE-LINE HelPieS

Hurrikane

Slayer
Society
GloryHound Irregulars
Oscar Hurrikane SkyQuake
An add-to-it kinda thread with few rules.... all posts should be ONE LINE (sentence) and consist of a little helpful tip or trick you think others might benefit from knowing about. Don't worry if you think everyone knows it....somebody won't :laugh:

I'll kick it off:

When Teleporting by chip, clicking on a position outside of your lit range ensures you travel as far as you can, saving time and ME on long hops.

If you are down on health and notice a mob coming at you, walk backwards while fapping (the movement penalty doesn't apply) and you can get in one or two more uses before the mob gets to you.

While charging up mind force to sweat, jumping up and down will not disturb your concentration and may avoid being attacked by mobs if you time it perfectly.

The ESC key, known for initiallizing the exit process, has another function. If your cursor is in the chat box, or in a PM ESC removes the cursor from that section.

If multiple teleporting over long distances, after the first one, as soon as the screen turns white, hit whatever hot key you have assigned to the TP chip. By the time the screen loads up, you will already be 2/3rds charged for the next jump.

Always write down the location and level of your ship on CND and CP. :)

Sirhc said:
Always write down the location and level of your ship on CND and CP. :)

:rofl: Now where did I park....? :D

When in Team or Soc chat and you want to see all the chat (so you can see damage done and taken etc), hit "V" twice.

Don't run when someone is trying to heal you or run while healing yourself, this will decrease the amt healed.. :nurse:

You can direct your chat messages to the Local (All Chat), Events, Team and Society chats by prefixing them with"/l", "/e", "/t" and "/s" respectively (without quotes).

EDIT: Local chat "/l" shortcut suggested by Caveman, thanks.

Last edited:
Always mine on weekends and forget the weekdays because actuivity is higher on weekends and you will find more deposits with a greater chance of a global.

PINKY said:
If multiple teleporting over long distances, after the first one, as soon as the screen turns white, hit whatever hot key you have assigned to the TP chip. By the time the screen loads up, you will already be 2/3rds charged for the next jump.

As an addon to the above, you can also hotkey your FAP if you believe you may TP'ing into a hot zone, so you dont arrive dead. :wise:

SB2 said:
If you are down on health and notice a mob coming at you, walk backwards while fapping (the movement penalty doesn't apply) and you can get in one or two more uses before the mob gets to you.

Same thing applyes when your hunting with a rifle, Start shooting and walk backwards at the same time. If your lucky the monster dies before he can hit you and you will spare some decay.

When buying a new weapon, make sure you have "move to target" activated in the options. This ensures your getting maximum range on your weapon, and therefore least decay. You can turn this off as you get used to it.

There is a limit of maximum 30 items in one trade. If you want to trade more than 30 items, you will have to do multiple trades.

Wow....i have learnt so much....amazing tips peeps.. :eek:

This is one that i noticed:

When attacked by insects that keep on moving like Igni,Puppugi,Dripli...
dont shoot them as u miss and loose lots of ammo, but if u have a longblade hack at them and u will probably kill them and also if u sit down they hit u less often and u gain skills like evade and courage!..
just my observation...feel free to correct me peeps ;)

Mag

edit:Lots of commas and conjunctions used to make on 1 sentence :laugh:

Last edited:
Do not initiate a trade or private chat unless you have contacted the person in regular chat and they say its ok. :tiphat: Thank you ahead of time

When selling sweat make sure you have at least 1k to trade. If you have 357 sweat for sale you are not likely to get the same price for it (as many of the buyer don't run around for little amounts) ... So unless you need cash really urgent, save your sweat until you have 1k (or even 2k) and then sell it ...

Also, if you (like me) hate haggling for the last pec, offer your sweat at a slightly cheaper price then the one currently traded (just follow the chat and you'll see what prices are currently on) ...

I'd much rather spend time sweating & gaining skills then standing 10-15 minutes around hoping someone pays just those 10 pecs more (in that time I've probably made another 30-50 sweat)

Well, these are just my very n00bish observations, feel free to comment

ILW

PS: The advice about walking back and using the FAP-5 without penalty was solid gold for me - thanks -

In Love With said:
When selling sweat make sure you have at least 1k to trade. If you have 357 sweat for sale you are not likely to get the same price for it (as many of the buyer don't run around for little amounts) ... So unless you need cash really urgent, save your sweat until you have 1k (or even 2k) and then sell it ...

Also, if you (like me) hate haggling for the last pec, offer your sweat at a slightly cheaper price then the one currently traded (just follow the chat and you'll see what prices are currently on) ...

I'd much rather spend time sweating & gaining skills then standing 10-15 minutes around hoping someone pays just those 10 pecs more (in that time I've probably made another 30-50 sweat)

Well, these are just my very n00bish observations, feel free to comment

ILW

PS: The advice about walking back and using the FAP-5 without penalty was solid gold for me - thanks -

o n e l i n e h e l p i e s .

Not trading courses :wise:

Like this: :D

Rippersnappers can be lured onto land where they CANNOT HURT you but can be sweated, whilst in the water knives and axes kill them easily in small numbers.

You can run around after the mob while sweating, it's only in the charge-up of mindforce you need to stay still.

if killed by a mob, immediately press 'T' and then click 'Yes' when window pops up & you will revive at nearest terminal without having to wait for the 'You have died...' window.

PINKY said:

NetStalker said:
As an addon to the above, you can also hotkey your FAP if you believe you may TP'ing into a hot zone, so you dont arrive dead. :wise:

If you've been killed, and intend to TP back to the place where you were killed as fast as possible, press your hotkey for TP'ing as soon as the screen goes white when reviving. You can now TP almost at the moment of arrival at the RT. TP, and once the screen goes white, hotkey your FAP, and FAP while TP'ing. Repeat if needed.

With a weapon - always right-click your first shot and you'll move into range automatically

If fighting multiple mobs, don't switch between them, they heal in the meantime and take longer to kill.

Never ask for items or peds, since people who may have helped you in many other ways will run a mile :rolleyes:

Kras said:
Never ask for items or peds, since people who may have helped you in many other ways will run a mile :rolleyes:

That's a good one, and say thanks if anyone is kind enough to give you something for TT-value (I got a pair of goblin shins for TT today and thought it was the best thing since sliced bread :)

When you want to switch armor or clothes you don't need to take the old one off first. Put on the new and the old one is placed in your inventory.

Don't shoot at Hiryuu or Aetherex unless your gun has a 100+ range, (or if you're on a high hill and nearer to it).... you will just be firing into the sky.

Don´t buy anything on the auction or from another avatar before checking if you will be paying a reasonable price, look it up on peauction.com first.

(beware of auction scammers)

There is no way to upgrade armor through the crafting machine.

Live it and learn it, don't get scammed.

Back