Join the Mayhem!!
It’s time once again for Planet Calypso’s annual winter hunting extravaganza - Merry Mayhem! This year’s event features an additional category for avatars with profession levels of 100+, an improved scoring system and some exciting new prizes!
Running for 23 days over the Christmas and New Year holiday period, Merry Mayhem is among the most exciting and popular events in all of Entropia Universe.
So grab your best gear and join in the Mayhem!
Mission NPC & Instance Gates
- Dec. 20, 00:00:01 UTC - The Merry Mayhem Mission Broker NPC in Minopolis becomes active, participants can accept the event mission(s).
- Dec 20, 16:00:00 UTC - Event begins. Kills of creatures within the Merry Mayhem instances now award points, and time spent in the instances now counts toward the 30-hour average score calculation, as well as the 30-hour prize eligibility requirement.
- Jan 12, 23:59:59 UTC - Event ends.
- Jan 31 - Event results announced.
- Feb 7 - Participants can turn in the mission to the Merry Mayhem Mission Broker NPC and receive their Merry Mayhem diploma.
The Merry Mayhem Mission NPC and instance gates are located in Minopolis, at the following map coordiates: (87500, 85110).
You can register for the event by accepting one or both of the Merry Mayhem missions offered by the Merry Mayhem Mission Broker NPC in Minopolis. Registration opens on December 20 and will remain open until the event ends. Note that there are two separate missions: one for the solo event and one for the team event.
Do not abandon the missions! If you abandon a Merry Mayhem mission, all event points accumulated up to that time will be forfeit. Support cannot restore points lost due to abandoning one of the Merry Mayhem Missions.
When you accept the mission, you will automatically be placed in the appropriate category and will receive a stack of instance gate keys, each of which provides one hour of hunting time in the associated Merry Mayhem instance.
The Merry Mayhem Mission NPC will provide you with 500 keys for the solo event and 500 keys for the team event which will be flagged with your particular category. While the solo keys only allow you to enter the instance category specified in the item name, you can use the team keys to enter instances above your assigned level as well. Points are earned by killing special Merry Mayhem creatures found inside the instances.
Merry Mayhem offers several different competition categories to accommodate participants of varying profession levels. Participants will be sorted into one of the following five categories upon accepting one of the Merry Mayhem missions.
- Category 1: Highest Professional Standing 0-24
- Category 2: Highest Professional standing 25-49
- Category 3: Highest Professional standing 50-69
- Category 4: Highest Professional Standing 70-99
- Category 5: Professional Standing 100+
Note: If during the course of the event you gain enough skills to move into the next category you will no longer be able to enter the team instance arenas using your allotted keys.
Event points are earned based upon the type of creature killed:
- 1 Point - Merry Mayhem Kerberos
- 2 Points - Merry Mayhem Araneatrox
- 10 Points - Yulebot
A new scoring method is in place for this year's Merry Mayhem that will greatly minimize the impact of client crashes or server issues on the event results.
Final event scores will be calculated based on hourly point averages to derive each participant's 30-hour normalized event score.
This scoring method removes the need for participants to track time spent in the instances (beyond meeting the 30-hour prize eligibility requirement, described below), removes the risk of participants being inadvertently disqualified from the event for time reasons, and allows all participants to hunt as much as desired in the Merry Mayhem instances without giving an unfair advantage to those who are able to hunt for many, many hours.
- Avatar A - Point total: 4000, Hours : 32, Hourly point average: 125, 30-hour normalized score: 3750
- Avatar B - Point total: 8600, Hours: 72, Hourly point average: 119.44, 30-hour normalized score: 3583.33
In this example, Avatar A would place higher in the final results, even though Avatar B has more total points.
Highest Single Loot Bonus
- The participant who scores the highest single loot on each of the various Merry Mayhem creatures outlined above will receive a 25% boost to their final 30-hour normalized score!
Prizes will be awarded to the participants that achieve the highest 30-hour normalized scores within each category.
Rules & Notes
The solo category events are intended for solo hunters. Any attempt at abusing team mechanics or any other Entropia Universe systems or features in order to gain an unfair advantage over other participants will be grounds for disqualification from the event, forfeiture of any prizes, and possible sanctions imposed on one’s Entropia Universe account.
Do not abandon the Merry Mayhem missions! If you abandon one of the event missions for any reason, intentionally or accidentally, all points earned up to that point will be lost forever and will not be included in your final event score. Support cannot and will not restore points for abandoned missions, regardless of the situation.
A participant must complete at least 30 hours in the assigned Merry Mayhem instance in order to qualify for winning a prize.
For the Highest Single Loot (HSL) score bonus, if the participant who achieves the HSL on one of the Merry Mayhem creatures does not meet the 30-hour prize eligibility requirement, the next highest loot for the creature in question will be considered. And so on, until a prize-eligible participant is awarded the HLS score bonus.
Happy Holidays and Merry Mayhem!!
The Planet Calypso Team
Merry Mayhem 2013 Event Page
Event Scoring Q&A