PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
  • Spaaaaace!



    MindArk has launched a new website for the whole platform Entropia Universe, which not only contains release notes, press releases and links to planet partners, but also their Latest Buzz, where the MindArk developers provide some inside information on what's going on. In the first Buzz, they reveal space!

    Happy reading!

    Comments 127 Comments
    1. Pretender's Avatar
      Pretender -
      loooks totally friggin awesome!
    1. Lee's Avatar
      Lee -
      worthy news for the front page, can't wait
    1. SunnyS's Avatar
      SunnyS -
      You know what would be AWESOME!... when we can actually fly between planets through space

      Is there something in the pipeline , Hanne?
    1. Hanne|SDS's Avatar
      Hanne|SDS -
      Quote Originally Posted by SunnyS View Post
      You know what would be AWESOME!... when we can actually fly between planets through space

      Is there something in the pipeline , Hanne?
      That's the idea. Read the link, more information there! And make sure you check out the concept art.
    1. Ludvig|MindArk's Avatar
      Ludvig|MindArk -
      Quote Originally Posted by Hanne|SDS View Post
      That's the idea. Read the link, more information there! And make sure you check out the concept art.
      Already did, hours ago

      The Cruiser looks like its well over 100 meters long compared to the ppl next to it in the concept art I mean

      EDIT: I would like to add that this is, for me, some of the most exciting news in a long time I hope it wont take too long before we get it ^^
    1. lokiscamaro's Avatar
      lokiscamaro -
      hmm not bad, can they pull it off?

      i just want to fly my VTOL in space............
    1. Butch C's Avatar
      Butch C -
      Quote Originally Posted by Nighthawk View Post
      Already did, hours ago

      The Cruiser looks like its well over 100 meters long
      i dont think thats gonna fit on my monitor damn it
    1. humanwoman's Avatar
      humanwoman -
      nice... also nice to know we are gonna pay for this...
      * locks in the AH for the next 6 months *
    1. SunnyS's Avatar
      SunnyS -
      Quote Originally Posted by Hanne|SDS View Post
      That's the idea. Read the link, more information there! And make sure you check out the concept art.
      YEEEEHHAW!!!... you just made my night Hanne! .. Thank you
    1. Serica's Avatar
      Serica -
      I've been reading over that site, and I'm a little unsure just how this will work.

      As I understand it, its:
      Planet <---- TP----- >Orbiting Spacedock<---- Mothership ---->Orbiting Spacedock <---- TP ---->Planet

      VTOL's can also be modified to use in space:
      Planet <---- Mod.VTOL ---->Space

      Cruisers are larger than destroyers (in the wet navy), so I assume the Cruiser is the larger of the vessels shown and therefore the 'mothership'.
      The Destroyer doesnt look like a mod.vtol, so I'm guessing must be the hangar ships (tho at the scale shown, its gonna be a tight fit in the hangar).

      What I dont really understand tho, is where the hangar ships fit into the overall picture now.
      As passenger carriers ?
      As cargo carriers?
      As fighting ships?
      If they can land in the hangar and on the mothership, are working pilots then faced with competiting with a TP for travel to/from the orbiting spacedocks?
      It seems to suggest landing on other planets too - so does that mean the pilot will have to also own a hangar there, or will there be a 'public' docking area (like the old CP and CND had)?
      If motherships can take 'many passengers' how long is it going to take for them to fill ?
      And who runs the motherships anyway ?
      Will these be sold on Auction, or are they an automated part of the universe (like say beacons were) ?

      I look forward to more information coming out soon
    1. DaisyColdFinger's Avatar
      DaisyColdFinger -
      .




      Some nice new designs by MA for sure...


      Love the mech suite vehicle type. And btw you cant have a destroyer space ship for space unless does what it says on the tin Also i see weapons on mothership etc....space wars

      Breaking gaming News : EU v/s EVE in cross platform Space wars !! Now that would be awesome
    1. Audrey Cheerful's Avatar
      Audrey Cheerful -
      * goes insane.
    1. valentin's Avatar
      valentin -
      As i always says better looking and nerfs.

    1. remontoire's Avatar
      remontoire -
      You must spread more ...

      So Serica for president! Its nice seeing people who were involved in space before look at teh system and ask right the questions. Us fanboys can only hope these get answered.
    1. eoden13's Avatar
      eoden13 -
      I look at the cruiser and all I can think about is Firefly...

      I have a sci-fi orgasm.
    1. Audrey Cheerful's Avatar
      Audrey Cheerful -
      Quote Originally Posted by Serica View Post
      I've been reading over that site, and I'm a little unsure just how this will work.

      As I understand it, its:
      Planet <---- TP----- >Orbiting Spacedock<---- Mothership ---->Orbiting Spacedock <---- TP ---->Planet

      VTOL's can also be modified to use in space:
      Planet <---- Mod.VTOL ---->Space

      Cruisers are larger than destroyers (in the wet navy), so I assume the Cruiser is the larger of the vessels shown and therefore the 'mothership'.
      The Destroyer doesnt look like a mod.vtol, so I'm guessing must be the hangar ships (tho at the scale shown, its gonna be a tight fit in the hangar).

      What I dont really understand tho, is where the hangar ships fit into the overall picture now.
      As passenger carriers ?
      As cargo carriers?
      As fighting ships?
      If they can land in the hangar and on the mothership, are working pilots then faced with competiting with a TP for travel to/from the orbiting spacedocks?
      It seems to suggest landing on other planets too - so does that mean the pilot will have to also own a hangar there, or will there be a 'public' docking area (like the old CP and CND had)?
      If motherships can take 'many passengers' how long is it going to take for them to fill ?
      And who runs the motherships anyway ?
      Will these be sold on Auction, or are they an automated part of the universe (like say beacons were) ?

      I look forward to more information coming out soon
      Yeah, I don't see how hangars fit in there either. Destroyers and cruisers are too big to fit in hangars. Maybe they can't land on the planets and the hangar ships as well as the modified VTOLs are used as shuttles to get to the bigger ships.

      After all I am glad I didn't buy a hangar. Maybe I can buy a big fat SPACE SHIP instead!

    1. Wisdom's Avatar
      Wisdom -
      Can I retrofit my gungnir with a space engine as well?
    1. Audrey Cheerful's Avatar
      Audrey Cheerful -
      Quote Originally Posted by eoden13 View Post
      I have a sci-fi orgasm.
      That times a hundred!
    1. melander's Avatar
      melander -
      Damn! space is gonna be epic

Follow Planet Calypso on Twitter  Follow Planet Calypso on Facebook