Things you believed as a n00b

I was hunting argos at the very beginning after being born and at one time got so bored of the famous Hades outpost area that I actually started to look for the new area with them. so I found out a couple of coords and started running "there". at one point, I must have been closer to Rogue Plains, I was up in the hills and ran long in zero red dots spotted. suddenly, I had a skillgain of perception from a red dot appearing in the radius! I couldn't believe my eyes and ofcourse I was thinking I will max this skill by just running around. I was intelligent enough though to ask older players if that's how it works =) maybe it was just a lag skillgain, maybe a random bug but it was very wierd to be a pure coincidence back then...

oh, I just remembered another one but it's too much to tell. it's about how I believed what MA officials promise :super_roflz:

J.

It was my first mmo I though you could just pause a game and walk away. when I could not find out how to pause it I walked of latter comming back to my dead avatar. :scratch2:

Hey Darcy :)

I used to think higher maturity = better loot.
Now I believe it does - but for MA, not us ;)

Ultra Necro bump from me to share a noobish moment (out of the many tens of thousands I have every second)

Until very recenlty (i.e. my last trip to CP) I Always thought the PED balance in the window after activating the HUD in a spaceship was how much money the pilot had ><. It only dawned on me recently what it was when a pilot had to run to get some Oil while we were already seated, and I noticed Oil:3%

Then proceeded to connect the dots as to what the PED value in the bottom right hand corner really was :ahh:

I truly thought that unlocking Martial Arts would let me do kung-fu on the mobs.... still waiting to Unlock "Chuck Norris" lol

Hurrikane

Yep thought same thing and figured that one would move like the maffoids ;)

I thought that to "sweat" I had to run up and down and then sweat myself. After running for over an hour on autorun and finding so Atrox and dying I revived and asked a few questions.

With the MOBs stuck in the trees near the old Port Atlantis, I thought they were MOBs that lived up in the tree branches and spent a lot of time trying to see them.

I also thought that Drones were uber MOBs and spent lots of time searching for lone ones North of swamp camp and unsuccessfully trying to kill them. I thought one day I will be good enough to kill one and when I do it will surely be a massive loot. :)

I was scared to put PEDs in storage thinking they would get stolen.

I was scared to put PEDs in storage thinking they would get stolen.

Me too :ahh: "do I have to keep a log of what I put in there?"

I also used to think that dropping bombs at the base of trees was a good method to finding claim.

Used to think that runing and dropping bombs was a big no no, thought Id increase chances by stopping and then dropping.

The global value one still has me laughing, I too used to think..man they very expensive pants.

I could never understand why i could not extract materials using the Extractors i always looted in the old sweat camp. Could never get them placed on the material in order to make the extraction. Ofcourse my pride was at stake so i never asked :laugh:

Last edited:
When I was a noob i just thought that this game was skill based, and that stronger mobs gave an average of better loot.:)

I use to believe that the more perception skill a player had the better loot he would receive.

Many a discussion about who should loot with fellow n00bs when in team followed :laugh:

Yea I remember when a friend had that theory too.
When we teamed up he said that the one with most perception should loot.
I told him what my Perception level was (over 3k)and he said: You do the looting. ( I think he had about 200 in Perc)
We didn't profit anyway, even if we were using the bugged 1x0. :)

When i first logged in to PE i believed that 4 pecs was max you can get for a bottle of sweat while most traders were buying it for 5.6pec ;)

I was sweating for a good few days before i noticed I was being scammed by another player and learned that infomation is the most valuable resource in this universe - and that never changes.

i tried to catch bullets from the turrets , I used to drop dung whilst sweating telling other newbs it stopped the mobs attacking me ( lol ) before long half the newbs was dropping dung the othe rhalf picking it up .
I also tried to make money gathering dung & fruit ( you thought thought sweating was boring try hunting dung and fruit for a week ? )
when I got my first global I thought it was a bug and rebooted computer in case it was a virus or something .

Reactions: f2x
Ahhhh ...the oil fields ... go to the oil fields....

Not that i ever made it tho. First OP i revived i met my mentr :yay:

lol.

I believed that it was possible to profit hunting... lol.

I believed that it was better to go mellee rather than rifle...

I believed that it was possible to profit in any of the professions if you just studied it all hard enough to figure it out...

I believed that Nea was a real avatar since we have Nea's place... still not sure on that one, lol.

Same with Billy's

For that matter - where the heck is Zeus? I could use him as a hunting partner. His lightning bolts might come in handy.

Second day in game and I was at the old swamp camp listening to people talking about animal taming. I saw all the big Daikibas with the soc names and advertising and thought it would be cool to have my own pet. So…

With no skills, no armour and no weapon I ran out and started trying to pat Daiks on the head. No guesses what happened next. After about a dozen miserable failures I suddenly “realised” that I hadn’t been talking to my intended new pet. So…

With an ever larger crowd cheering me on I started cooing and stuff followed by the inevitable quick death. This went on for ages till some kind soul explained things to me.

Even from the other side of the screen I still went bright red and didn’t go back to swamp camp for a fortnight.

Happy days in noobsville :yay:

I believed that Nea was a real avatar since we have Nea's place... still not sure on that one, lol.

Nea is a real avatar - she was in the soc DNA if I recall correctly. Was always under the impression it was named after her, but then again I could be horribly mistaken. :silly2:

I thought I was going to make money... and not deposit. :laugh:

I actually did the same thing as OP and thought that those globals meant someone crafted an item worth that much. I couldn't figure out how the system worked with people crafting items with different values. I thought it would make more sense to have a really low craft cause then it cost less to repair. :)

When I was a Noob I believed I would be able to be a regularly participating member and also be actively involved with a partner.

By the time I realised it was one or the other the "Significant other" had already made her choice, and become "actively involved" elsewhere.

Nothing Wrong with EU, but it's ONLY A GAME> do not let it ruin RL...

Nea is a real avatar - she was in the soc DNA if I recall correctly. Was always under the impression it was named after her, but then again I could be horribly mistaken. :silly2:

Double post, oops.............

Hurrikane

Last edited:

Yes, as far as I know, the rather striking Nea was gifted the area in her name after a comp, similar to Rei's Defence. She was a forum regular, still drops in from time to time I think. (Her avatar is REALLY tall, I mean I picked the tallest settings but she towered over me somehow... stack heels?)

As a noob I believed the internet was for everyone. Turns out if you're in a contract with T-Mobile (dead men walking as far as I'm concerned) as your provider, you might as well use f@cking carrier pigeons.

Hurrikane

when i was a noob i belived all "ubers" had man-skirts...turned out to be coats over the armor :laugh: Was looking for a man-skirt at auction alot of times, but never found one. So figured they would be really rare and expensive :cool:

I read about the PSG-1 on entropedia and i thought I would play EU for a while and get me one because it reminded me of the original PSG-1 from Hecklar&Koch. I thought i might even find the adj version because it wasn`t listed on entropedia yet. However the time told be that there is no such version and that I may never be able to find a PSG1 here and be able to use it. :rolleyes:

when i was a noob i belived all "ubers" had man-skirts...turned out to be coats over the armor :laugh: Was looking for a man-skirt at auction alot of times, but never found one. So figured they would be really rare and expensive :cool:

same here :laugh:

As a noob I believed the internet was for everyone. Turns out if you're in a contract with T-Mobile (dead men walking as far as I'm concerned) as your provider, you might as well use f@cking carrier pigeons.

HAHA! That, or you could take a further step down and use Royal Mail!

When I was a n00b I believed the two guys in Nemesis armor who came to the sweat camp south of Nymphtown and told me to "follow us to get peds".
(They subsequently lead me south in to pvp and shot me) :D

Same one here :ahh::ahh:

As a noob I believed that:

- Amethera was only for highly skilled players.
- I ran to oil rig for 3 hours thinking "this time I'll hit the jackpot". Just to find out that it's an pvp area.

ROFL same here! :laugh:

When I was a noob

I thought skilling hard with my Sollomate Opalo would bring me to my 2000 Rifle points and once graduated rifle I would be able to use any weapon! :laugh::laugh::laugh:
Then I realised I needed 10000 at least, didn't play for a few weeks after realising that I either skilled for years or deposited my car!
Still playing, still losing money :laugh::laugh:

As a fresh of the boat noob i went to TI, just because that was one of the few tp's in my list.

After i arrived i got the tax message and spend more then 30 minutes searching wheere i needed to pay the tax. Ofcourse i didn't find a person (deathifier) to collect the tax so i took the gamble exploring the island a bit. Affraid of being banned or something because i hadn't payed any tax :laugh:

Back