Looks like a scam to me..

Antip Burdov

Guardian
Society
The Dreamweavers
Antip The Muffinman Burdov
Hiya! Just got this pm from Nicky-babe.. Since Im not very skilled and dont know anyone that would direct someone to me this makes no sence :confused: The first thing I thought was, scam scam scam :silly2:

I havent clicked the links because Im afraid I might get some uber haxxor trojan or so on my computer.. what do you guys think? should I dare to press the links or simply skipp it?

Ive removed the links for two reasons, incase it isnt a scam it would be pretty cruel to show the movie to the whole community, and if the links were shown Im sure someone whould press them.. if it´s a scam I dont wanna help nicky :silly2:

Hello!! One friend told me you are one of these very skilled players with very good knowlidge of PE :) I will be very glad if you will help me, iam trying to make video (for video contest) of PE, but i need help with professional comments and someone who will tell me 'this is bad, remake this part' so, please :) could you check out my review video? And send me only if you like it / its bad... You can download it from here: (removed) its about hunting AOAs and some next animals but iam really lost how to say something about it :-( Please help a girl :) (that video is in a bit bad quality and if it will not run, try download this codec here (removed) thanks a lot :) Nicky

It´s impossible to say what´s behind the links coz you removed them, but if your
antivirus-program and antispy software is updated you can ask yourself: "Do I feel
lucky today?"...

And it looks suspicious coz Nicky-babe has joined forum in 19.10.2005...

Last edited:
if its a .exe, more likely than mot it is....

The "movie" is a zip file and the other one is just a strange link to a site.. and No I dont fell very lucky today.. not at all :silly2:

Advanced people know zips don't help compress movies much at all, and a noob wouldnt think to zip a movie in the first place. I'd say theres a 95% chance its a scam. :confused:

Last edited:
And since the "girl" who send the pm is totaly unknown, zero posts I think the chance of a scam is higher than that.. :/

To late mate :silly2:

And wasnt this thread about if I should click the link or not.. I just wanted to see what people here thought about it and try to prevent other people from falling into the trap, hope I´ve managed to do so ;)

Edit: I´ll never create a new thread again :silly2:

Last edited:
u shouldn't click the link. especially the codec one. i mean, u could download ace codec packs, them are just fine for every media format, under my knowledge.

what i suggest to do, if u have a Mac at your hand, try the links:) Mac are invulnerable to viruses (coz most of them are for PC and noone troubles to make viruses for 5% of the market of computers :).

that was my entertainment with viruses on the mail, to dwld them on mac. them usually are "[nameoffile].[randomextension][many blank spaces][.exe]" and tho .exe becomes invisible.

probably a stupid joke or a trick to steal ur account. u bragged to anyone about your in-game wealth? there might be the answer ;)

No I havent bragged about my ingame wealth.. there are no such wealth :silly2: And besides that just silly to do so, To bad I dont have a mac that I could try the links with, would been fun to see if it realy is a movie there :)

Ill tell you one thing.. someone who SAYS she is a girl to GET SOMETHING from you is most likely not. And even if it is a she, I wouldnt trust somoene who needs to throw her gender at you to make you do things for her.

And .zip'ing a movie? naah... it all smells fishy. Dont go for it!

I have a macintosh btw, that I dont have anything I need to keep at. I can try it out. (no wait. .zip dont function on mac.. nvm...)

I STRONGLY advice NOT to download any of those files, Nicky-Babe has been "abusing" the PM system by sending many many PM's within a very short time to different members and without having any posts.

I dunno if the pm's are the same to all, but could very well be so.

If someone got a message from nicky-babe please pm me telling if it's the same pm as Antip's.

And Antip, please PM me the links, i can download the stuff from my "suspicious link" surfer pc and check it out.

I´ll send the links to mb ;) And skam that thing about throwing her gender at me, that was excactly what I reacted at to..

Skam said:
I have a macintosh btw, that I dont have anything I need to keep at. I can try it out. (no wait. .zip dont function on mac.. nvm...)

it functions ;) it's default opened by StuffIt (depends on the MacOs version tho)

I had the same pm sent to me. I checked with a friend whether to risk clicking or not and decided not to especially as Nicky-Babe is totally unknown and only joined EF recently and had no posts whatsoever.

I think it is probably a scam too :) but dont take the risk folks :wise:

MindBuster said:
And Antip, please PM me the links, i can download the stuff from my "suspicious link" surfer pc and check it out.

You have a own pc for that stuff? :eek: :laugh:

Skam said:

I do as well. I get laods of junk from clients that is suspicious that needs a look at. Its a linux system which can be trashed and rebuilt fast.

If this person was a bit smarter then maybe she/he should ahve targeted the horny teens within the forum and not the wiser ones :p

Jove said:
I do as well. I get laods of junk from clients that is suspicious that needs a look at. Its a linux system which can be trashed and rebuilt fast.

If this person was a bit smarter then maybe she/he should ahve targeted the horny teens within the forum and not the wiser ones :p

You called me smart :D Almost worth a +rep for that :silly2:

If it looks or smells like a scam, then it probably is :)

Skam said:

hehe. In this day and age with all this rubbish floating around, it's easy to do and worth having one. You just download all your junk to that PC and check it out. As long as it has no access to the rest of the network, you can be sure you won't get any attempts at infiltration on your other PC's. :)
Then if it does get infected, you can clear it out, or completely trash it and rebuild.

As for this type of PM. People, use some common sense in these situations. They have received information from a friend, they have some files for you to download, they have no posts and they could have easily posted a thread for others to look at also, if they really wanted some help(I wonder if MB actually checks out all the THread links to see if they are all safe?)
If you had a friend that would do that, they would tell you what they did. I know i always tell people when I forward someone to them, especially if they know something i don't.
And exactly what Skam said, if people need to add there gender to the situation to obtain something from you, it's more than likely a Scam.

Just inform MB of these individuals, so he can track what they are doing a lot more easily than we can.

Have fun people and don't let someone else ruin it for you. :)

I strongly suggest you dont bother clicking the links. ;)

Keyloggers are so simple to get onto people's machines.

I also received the same PM..

New right off it was a scam :)

Yeah it smells scam all right, not you skam :silly2: Thought it would be good to warn the comunity about this.. :)

Here is an excellent free online virus and spyware scanner - it has gotten great reviews from the likes of CNET and ZDnet - it doesn't load onto your machine and is run remotely - I use it all the time

http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

Yep

Skam said:
I do as well. Its a crappy old laptop that cant run much more than the OS, web-browser and on a good day power-DVD :p
I use it for IRC too btw, so just wait to be infected :p
But next reinstall chances are that it will be running linux again.. less voulnerable to viruses.. and Next reinstall is way overdue too i guess :p

BTW: I feel pretty offended not having received this scam mail! Im always left out on scam mails! Even the damn blaster virus took me over a week more than the people i know to get! :(

Last edited:
gimme the links I'll check it out on my 2nd computer. most like the movie is fine but its probally in the MKV format and there is a nasty trojan/backdoor installer going around with the markov codec pack. I would suggest if you dl movies dont even waste your time on mkv files.

Like every one says . don't take the chance :(

lol its shameful how some people behave, but its great that we try to get the word out about these people. :)

Back