Old Alpha
Society
Caffeine Junkies
Angelica Coffee Lastrome
Coffee's Sweating Event (Team) For 4-27

EDIT: FULL, NO SPOTS LEFT.

Goal Time: 21:30 Calypso Time

Hello All Sweataholics,

Tired of the Revive Terminal? Want to maximize your productivity? Tired of the big crowds and Lag? This may be for you. :)

I'm going to be putting together my first attempt at an organized sweat team. My main goal is to be skilling biotropy, but I thought this would be an easy and fun way to help some people out while doing so. The objective for me is to gather eight (8) sweaters at Nea's and form a team. From there we will head North till we are out of range of other sweaters. I will be providing the following while we are teamed:

A) Focus Charges for all members. (Potent Focus Chip)
B) Heals Strong enough to keep you from RT (Potent Heal Chip)
C) Kill Service for Dry Mobs (No running to Turret Needed)

I don't ask for any anything in return as compensation. All I ask is that the following rules be followed while we are teamed for a smooth and enjoyable experience for all.

1) No avatars with agility over 50 Please! (Changed from 40 as there seems to be little interest from newer players.) I would like to assist the players with the greater handicap first. I will be scanning each player prior to adding to team to ensure this rule is followed.

2) Do NOT shoot at dry mobs. This is for the purpose of sweating and not team hunting. I do not want any strange situations arrising from a loot conflict in the case of a Global or HoF. I am a high level hunter and there is a high probability I may do just that while we are out there.

3) One mob at a time please. To ensure that no one heads to RT I ask that you wait till after the Dry Mob is dead prior to starting on a new Mob. I can't kill and heal at the same time. I also ask that you wait to start on a new mob till all focusing that is needed is done first. I will ask inbetween mobs who needs to be refocused.

4) Only 8 people at a time! (FIRST 8 to post a request to be added) Although I would like to be able to do more, this is the optimum number for me to work with and ensure everyone is taken care of. Besides lag, this is also why we will be heading far enough away from Nea's to limit my confusion during healing. If at any time someone wishes to drop out, they may find someone to substitute for them. If they have no one to substitute for them then the group leader will be in charge of finding an alternate from the current team.

5) Please listen to the appointed group leader. Healing this many requires concentration and leaves no time to chat beyond a word or two sometimes. I will appoint someone as group leader to select new mobs to sweat and ensure all people are focused before starting on it. They will also be responsible for ensuring any substitute sweaters are aware of and follow the rules. In the off hand chance that someone does end up at the RT (very unlikely) then they will also be in charge of assisting these people back to sweating location.

The above rules may seem a bit much at first, but they are all very reasonable and I think they will allow for a good time to be had by all.

Goal Time: 21:30 Calypso Time

Last edited:
i dont really see the point, anyone can sweat/hunt/heal/focus.. at neas, there is no need for such team.

i dont really see the point, anyone can sweat/hunt/heal/focus.. at neas, there is no need for such team.

The point of the team is to heal people while they are out sweating so they never have to see the revive term. Not heal while standing at revive. Helps keep people sweating more who want to.

Hi Coffee, i got my account up :yay:! count me in :)

You can add me to the team if cannot get the 8 needed under 40 agility.

Bones

Guess in your opinion there's no point / need :rolleyes:... but then Coffee obviously wants to do something different and it's a win / win for all.... the down side is :confused:

Rock on Coffee and have fun :) :wtg:

Guess in your opinion there's no point / need :rolleyes:... but then Coffee obviously wants to do something different and it's a win / win for all.... the down side is :confused:

Rock on Coffee and have fun :) :wtg:

The point of the team is to heal people while they are out sweating so they never have to see the revive term. Not heal while standing at revive. Helps keep people sweating more who want to.

you are both right, and trying to help sweaters is really appreciated but ppl are sweating in neas anyway and there are 2 healers most of the time, besides dieing once every 10min is not that bad.
i don't think its a bad idea, i just think running some noobs to neas or taking a team to TI to sweat Bristlehogs and get some dodge is a better idea.

I've done this with about 14-20 sweaters - just before ambus were changed (so you could keep the ambu attacking yourself @10% health). Didn't skil much bio it just wasn't fast enough.

My bet is there was some revive running :)

I've done this with about 14-20 sweaters - just before ambus were changed (so you could keep the ambu attacking yourself @10% health). Didn't skil much bio it just wasn't fast enough.

My bet is there was some revive running :)

Actually there was very little death and we were very close to the revive so no problem getting back. The point isn't to keep the Ambu on me. I heal everyone as they get attacked having their bars up to see who gets hit and using the bar to heal. I only kill mobs as they are dry, as we get spawned on, or tag them into us as we need more.

I have found going out like this gives me better skill gains then just sitting at the revive healing the sweaters and keeps me healing more often rather then waiting between revives for more people.

This also gives the people sweating more chances for skills themselves because they aren't constantly wasting time waiting to revive, waiting to heal, running to a mob.

It always goes very well, I'm just surprised more people don't jump at the chance. The reason I take 8 people is that it is a very good number of people to bring along. Enough to keep the ambu moving around to different people but small enough of a group to keep everyone safe if they stay close enough to me and don't draw in more than one at a time.

The only problems we had were during a few times when random hunters or sweaters would run by agro'ing more than one mob onto us. Usually in these intances I would be ok with three of them by shooting all three to agro me and killing them off one at a time till only one was left. Most of the time everyone would still survive this, but even if someone died we still had the north revive on radar, so it was very easy to get back to us.

you are both right, and trying to help sweaters is really appreciated but ppl are sweating in neas anyway and there are 2 healers most of the time, besides dieing once every 10min is not that bad.
i don't think its a bad idea, i just think running some noobs to neas or taking a team to TI to sweat Bristlehogs and get some dodge is a better idea.

For you it may be once every 10 minutes. I have healed a number of times at Nea's revive though. I have seen the same person there that many times in that many minutes numerously. You should really try coming out with me the next time I do this just to see how well it works. You may be self sufficient enough to handle them on your own. The point of this though is to help those who aren't while giving both them and myself a better opportunity for skills, and also them more sweat with more time sweating.

A very nice idea. Good luck with this Coffee, and +rep for an interesting idea. :wtg:

Speaking as someone who has sweated lots at nea's, this was a big help and made such a difference to just having healers at the revive (who do a great job). If you feel it's worth doing again just let me know. I wish i could have stayed longer but i was getting sleepy:zzz:
Thanks Coffee +rep

Speaking as someone who has sweated lots at nea's, this was a big help and made such a difference to just having healers at the revive (who do a great job). If you feel it's worth doing again just let me know. I wish i could have stayed longer but i was getting sleepy:zzz:
Thanks Coffee +rep

Thank you for the kind comments. As I'm mainly a hunter by proffession I don't do this very often. I will be trying for at least once every other weekend though. I have a strange work schedule and it may be changing again soon. Keep an eye on the sweating section of forum and I'll post again with more notice for next time. ;)

Back