Official Petition to get a Soc terminal at PA swamp camp!!!

Should there be a soc terminal at PA swamp camp??

• Yes

Votes: 83 73.5%
  • No

Votes: 30 26.5%

• Total voters

Pieman93

Guardian
Society
Freelancer
Matt Dobbo Dobbins
I apologise if this could be put in a subforum i wasn't sure :ahh:
but anyway i believe that there should be a society terminal placed at the swamp camp. It's alright for all the people with teleport chips but for noobs it's a terrible inconvience having to disrupt sweating to run to PA:mad:
PUT A DAMN SOCIETY TERMINAL AT SWAMP CAMP MA!!!!

Well, I do agree that it would be nice for all those interested in a society, and after seeing all those pets advertising, if they could just go to the society terminal and apply.

Especially seeing that Swamp Camp seems to be a popular place for finding new peeps for societies.

I'm way ahead of you.

01 Jun 2008 You wrote:
Can you please at a society terminal at the Port Atlantis Swamp Camp.

01 Jun 2008 Entropia Support:
Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to submit your suggestions! Feedback from participants is always appreciated. We will forward your suggestions to our design team for evaluation.

Kind regards,

Entropia Support

Put it in writing via the support feature of the official website.

Threads like this belong in the Wishlist forum, not General Discussion.

Please make an effort to post new threads in the proper forum or subforum. This makes EntropiaForum easier to browse for all members, and reduces the workload for our volunteer moderators and admins.

Thanks!

Threads like this belong in the Wishlist forum, not General Discussion.

Please make an effort to post new threads in the proper forum or subforum. This makes EntropiaForum easier to browse for all members, and reduces the workload for our volunteer moderators and admins.

Thanks!

sorry i wasn't sure which one it belonged in, if i make any future posts like tihs i'll make sure i put it in that subforum :D

If Swamp camp gets one I want to have one at the rig too.

While they're at it, how about one up on CP too? ;)

Screw a SOC terminal..

MA needs to get a damn SOC menu made for the game.

There shouldn't be terminals you need to go to, just to see information about your society. There should be a portable society terminal.. Just like pretty much EVERY OTHER MMO IN EXISTANCE! lol.

Society=Guild

So we need a damn guild window like other games.. The way it is now is so lame -_-.

I rather see a storage container :cool:

NO, just walk back to port atlantis!

I want port atlantis to stay crowded

I'm kind of torn on this issue.

While I do agree that it should be easy for newcomers to join societies on Calypso, I also know that there are those that swoop down upon newcomers and enlist them before they really know much about the world they are joining, let alone the benefits of joining one particular society compared to other options.

I'm kinda thinking that the closest Soc term to the newcomer arrival area should be at... I dunno, maybe Zychion Citadel or something like that. With the terminal that distant, it nearly assures that a noob has interacted with someone long enough to make at least a cursory descision about who they are and what the Society they are a part of may be about.

Does that make sense?

AG

I'm kind of torn on this issue.

While I do agree that it should be easy for newcomers to join societies on Calypso, I also know that there are those that swoop down upon newcomers and enlist them before they really know much about the world they are joining, let alone the benefits of joining one particular society compared to other options.

I'm kinda thinking that the closest Soc term to the newcomer arrival area should be at... I dunno, maybe Zychion Citadel or something like that. With the terminal that distant, it nearly assures that a noob has interacted with someone long enough to make at least a cursory descision about who they are and what the Society they are a part of may be about.

Does that make sense?

AG

Usually a newbie gets a random invite from a random fresh started society before he gets to much interest in a society terminal

Why not just add a TP while we're at it.

I vote no, if you want to approve new members while in camp, invite them at camp then use soc channel and have a soc mate do it from another location.
Yes, why in hell feed noob sweating socs by hundreds that will die a couple weeks later? Joining a soc should always be something thought at least twice over.

Good idea! Take out a repair terminal and replace it with a society one

Gets my vote.

Usually a newbie gets a random invite from a random fresh started society before he gets to much interest in a society terminal

Yes, I understand that, but offerring random noobs membership is no guarantee of Soc enrichment, nor is it a guarantee that a noob is really finds a Soc that's a good fit.

Make 'em hang out some before they can join a Soc.

AG

Is it not just as easy to leave a society as it is to join one? :silly2:

If a sweating noob joins a soc and quickly decides he doesn't like it, or decides he wants to explore other options/societies instead, then there's a little red arrow button called "leave society" at every society terminal. ;) If that terminal is near the noob's favorite sweating spot, then he can both join and leave a soc in a matter of minutes if he wants. :D

The real problem is as Koister put it - the entire society system is pretty much worthless as is.

For example, as a society leader if I invite someone to join the society I must go to an orange society terminal and approve the member.

Huh? I'm the society leader. Why do I need to go and approve the member when I was the one who invited him?

I could go on and on. The entire system is worthless. It is best to park an orange terminal wherever possible to ease the use. Otherwise, just overhaul the system.

13 Mar 2008 You wrote:
Hi again

sorry can't help getting on your nerves ;)

would be nice to have a soc terminal in PA swamp camp.

Lots of recruiting happening there, especially from new players / socs, who don't all have a tp chip, so would save the new ones the time to run back to PA or over to nus.

Kind regards,

13 Mar 2008 You wrote:
oeps sorry forgot to say,

there is a repair terminal next to the 2 revival terminals, maybe replace that one by a soc term? think one repair terminal is enough there anyway, more ppl usually in front of the TT's (and revivals ofc, lol) ;)

cheers,
13 Mar 2008 Entropia-Support:
Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to submit your suggestions. We really appreciate this kind of feedback and have forwarded your suggestions to the design team.

Unfortunately we are unable to say whether your suggestions will be implemented now or in the future, but please stay tuned to the News section and Version Update Content Lists on the website.

Thanks,

Entropia Support

I do not frequently visit swamp/sweat camp, but I do realy see the use for a soc terminal there.

Sing me up to the petition!

Uhm it's 2 mins of walking back to PA...sooner or later they will go there anyways (most likely to sell sweat)

I apologise if this could be put in a subforum i wasn't sure :ahh:
but anyway i believe that there should be a society terminal placed at the swamp camp. It's alright for all the people with teleport chips but for noobs it's a terrible inconvience having to disrupt sweating to run to PA:mad:
PUT A DAMN SOCIETY TERMINAL AT SWAMP CAMP MA!!!!

i agree and also auction and storage!!!:D:D:D
+rep for the idea

I think there is plenty of soc terminals but one at swamp camp could be okey too :p

Back