Event: EU World Championship Boxing Tournament

Oleg

Mutated
Oleg Oleg McMullery
“So you think you’re a tough guy, eh?
You think you’ve got what it takes to make it in the ring?
Come on then, tough guy, show me what you’re made of!
Let’s see if you’ve got what it takes to be a champion!”

Entropian Events present…

The First
Entropia Universe
World Championship Boxing Tournament

A knockout PvP boxing tournament to find out who are the greatest fist-fighters on Calypso.

We begin on Saturday 9 August, and we go till the last challenger falls and only champions remain.

The tournament is open to all, and free to enter. Your only cost will be a few PEDs in fist decay, and the weight system means that players will be matched against similarly-skilled avatars.

There are no set times or dates – fixtures will be arranged according to player availability.

In short, there are no excuses for not entering this event! Sign up, tell your friends to sign up, and let’s make this big!

Conditions of Entry

Entrants will be split into weight divisions depending on their Health:

• Flyweight: Up to 100 Health
  • Lightweight: 100-125 Health
  • Welterweight: 125-150 Health
  • Middleweight: 150-200 Health
  • Heavyweight: 200+ Health

Players will be required to prove their current Health at a ‘weigh-in’ by posting a screenshot here showing their current Health before a match. Heavyweight and Welterweight competitors do not need to do this (except in the case of an ‘over-weight’ Welterweight player – see below).

Players’ Health is likely to increase during the course of the tournament, so players will be allowed to play ‘over-weight’ by up to 3 Health points, as long as they start the tournament in the correct weight division. There is no penalty for being ‘under-weight’. If you think you are likely to go ‘over-weight’ by more than 3 points, you should enter the higher weight category.

Example: Oleg joins the Welterweight division and starts the tournament with 147 Health. By the semi-final he was reached 152 Health and is allowed as an ‘over-weight’ player. But by the final he has 154 Health and is disqualified – he should have entered the Middleweight category!

Since new players’ Health increases very quickly, we will try to complete the entire Flyweight competition in a single day or two at the beginning of the tournament.

How to Enter

To enter the competition, make a post in your thread giving your full avatar name, your Health (no need for a screenshot yet) and the weight division you would like to enter.

You may also post on behalf of a friend who wants to enter (e.g. if they have no forum account), but remember that ‘weigh-in’ screenshots will need to be provided later.

There is no entry fee.

The deadline for entry is Saturday 2 August.

Prizes

The prize fund for this event is growing all the time!

Currently each of the five division winners will receive:

• A unique customised T-shirt commemorating the victory, courtesy of EntropiaOutfitters.com
  • A customised forum signature made by Globex Designs
  • 50 PED
  • 7000 EFD (thanks to Jimmy B and Joser)
  • The glory of being a world champion!

In addition:

• The Lightweight winner will receive a Manticore Deathbringer Mentor Edition (thanks Joser!)
  • The Flyweight winner will receive a beginner's mining kit worth 100 PED (thanks Kosh!)

If you are interested in sponsoring a prize, please PM me to discuss it or simply post here in the thread.

Match Rules

1. The tournament follows a knockout format, with ties decided by random draw before each round in each weight division.
  2. Dates and venues for matches will be announced in this thread.
  3. Depending on the number of entrants in each division, some players may receive a bye in the first round. These will be decided by random draw.
  4. Matches consist of up to 5 rounds, each lasting 3 minutes.
  5. If one player dies within 3 minutes, his opponent is awarded a win by knockout for the round. If both players are still alive at the end of the round, the player with the highest proportion of health remaining (as determined by the judge by looking at the player’s on-screen health bars) will be awarded a win on points.
  6. Any player leaving the ring during a round will forfeit the round to their opponent.
  7. The winner of the match is the first player to win 3 rounds.
  8. The final round will consists of up to 15 rounds, with the winner being the first player to win 8 rounds.
  9. Armour or healing is not allowed during a round. Players may of course heal between rounds.
  10. The only weapon allowed is the Castorian EnKnuckles-A (TT Powerfist), except in the Heavyweight division where players may use any Powerfist.
  11. In case of any dispute, the judge’s decision is final. We reserve the right to disqualify any entrant in the event of suspected or proven cheating or foul play.

PUT ‘EM UP, TOUGH GUY!

Last edited:
Registered Entrants

Flyweight
Omega Omega Recrium
Alcante Vitrun Residus
Johny KoBrA Fighter
silent silentmado mado
Lilly Lethallove Landers
Vicky Ann Summers
Sakura SEXY Queen
Cobra Cob Guru

Lightweight
Octavius Joser Rex
Mojo Panic Swoptops
Elias Hudson Kosh
Jim Toecutter Profit
Black Woman Magic
Limnea Doc Ovata
Compusmurf's Softhart Lover
Dan Paderz Padley
Leona Cat Srelliw
Mit Timbo Witters
Stratos Arto Elvarian
Miranda Mimi Charles
asdf asdf asdf
Modified Akoz Power
Aio ai0 Dakina
Rico Readbird Killjoy
Overscore overscore Brunkman
Jackson BlackJack Blackwood
Lucius Pike Esox
James JH Haley

Welterweight
John Teacher Capital
Trex Twitchie Prada
Ali Lamp Baba
Sabriel Abby Abhorsen
Jod jod Ekul
Nathan Chimp Second
Nicholas wizzszz Wolf
Karl XII King Gollum
Hubert Sniqs Zycinski
Adam Nebu Jackyll
Marcus Macce Vallteng
Q'oriad Bob Govintl
Lanksia Nrkist Nity
Ferenc Fefe Magyar
Trinity Dusk Trinity

Middleweight
Onaya Oni Salnar
Thorfin Thor Skullsplitter
Dion Red Strike
RazorFire Gazman Thernwym

Heavyweight
Lexus Axel Laonna
Jade Demoniac Malkov
Migor Mice Oth
Rick Ter Scale

Last edited:
Onaya Oni Salnar

Very safely middleweight, currently weighing in a little under 159 HP.

As I'm contributing to my own Variety Bonus competition at the moment, I'll save my PED for that. But I will throw in 6000 EFD to the winner of each category.

Lexus Axel Laonna

Heavyweight

Onaya Oni Salnar

Very safely middleweight, currently weighing in a little under 159 HP.

As I'm contributing to my own Variety Bonus competition at the moment, I'll save my PED for that. But I will throw in 6000 EFD to the winner of each category.

Nice one, thanks for the donation!

Lexus Axel Laonna

Heavyweight

Excellent, the big boys are arriving already :)

Excellent, the big boys are arriving already :)

Mention boxing and Axel's there. It's one of the few searches he does on EF daily. :laugh:

John Teacher Capital, Welterweight signing up.

Trex Twitchie Prada
Walterweight

This is little old me signing up at welterweight, im only little so go easy on me

Unsure if I can actually make it, depending on time and date, but I'll sign up for the Welterweight. :)

The only weapon allowed is the Castorian EnKnuckles-A (TT Powerfist), except in the Heavyweight division where players may use any Powerfist.

As in any boxing championship I've ever seen - I disagree with using SIB weapons. Aggressio for the win, or even mir 1/2 or mux 1.

Also you need to make rules about running and jumping. I prefer "no running and no jumping" (ie all you're allowed to do is walk around). ;)

Unsure if I can actually make it, depending on time and date, but I'll sign up for the Welterweight. :)

The idea is that we'll be able to arrange fixtures around people's availability, so hopefully you'll be fine, thanks for entering :)

As in any boxing championship I've ever seen - I disagree with using SIB weapons. Aggressio for the win, or even mir 1/2 or mux 1.

Also you need to make rules about running and jumping. I prefer "no running and no jumping" (ie all you're allowed to do is walk around). ;)

I wanted this event to be accessible to as many players as possible, so I chose the TT fist. There is still an advantage for more skilled players because of Health, but when I've run smaller-scale versions of this event in our soc, we've found that those who did the best were usually the ones who had the best moves in the ring.

I made the exception for the Heavyweights for two reasons - firstly because it's the 'elite' end of the competition, I wanted to make sure skills and gear were very important. Secondly, if we waited for two 300+ HP ubers to kill each other with the TT fist, I think we'd be there all day :laugh:

Octavius Joser Rex signing up for the Lightweight Division at 122 hp. I'm also going to offer my Manticore Deathbringer ME up as a prize to the winner of the Lightweight Division.

Last edited:
Octavius Joser Rex signing up for the Lightweight Division at 122 hp. I'm also going to offer my Manticore Deathbringer ME up as a prize to the winner of the Lightweight Division.

Awesome, thank you very much for that donation! Maybe you'll win it back :laugh:

I wanted this event to be accessible to as many players as possible, so I chose the TT fist. There is still an advantage for more skilled players because of Health, but when I've run smaller-scale versions of this event in our soc, we've found that those who did the best were usually the ones who had the best moves in the ring.

The problem in my mind is that someone can have almost zero PF skills, still max the tt fist, still have a "lot" of HP from ranged and then win the competition because of that. I'd rather see someone with real brawling skills win. ;)

Sabriel Abby Abhorsen signing up for welter weight - will accept male challengers ;)

The Chosen Few are well represented.

:cool:

Entropian Events present…

The First
Entropia Universe
World Championship Boxing Tournament

I dont wanna brake your spirit but Boxing event is something we have had in entropia every year (maybe not 2007)

I found one post from 2006 on Entropia Pioneers

Maybe you can use some of the old rules we are all used to ???

Mojo Panic Swoptops

Lightweight at 113

sounds fun, and I'll rustle thru storage, see if I cant find at least something to donate to the cause lol.

Jod jod Ekul signing up for Welterweight @ 144hp and a natural skiller so no fear of breaking my weight class :D

Elias Hudson Kosh
Lightweight - 123 HP

Edit:
I Can sponsor a beginners miner kit for 100 ped to the flyweight winner. (TT tools and bombs or probes).

Last edited:
Entrants will be split into weight divisions depending on their Health:

• Flyweight: Up to 100 Health
  • Lightweight: 100-125 Health
  • Welterweight: 125-150 Health
  • Middleweight: 150-200 Health

Dont you meen:
  • Flyweight: Up to 99 Health
  • Lightweight: 100-124 Health
  • Welterweight: 125-149 Health
  • Middleweight: 150-199 Health

Too bad Chellie and I are on holiday during the start of the tournament. Should be are really cool competition! May the best Entropian win!

Dont you meen:

What about the people with between 99 and 100 health, 124 and 125 health, etc?

By up to 100 Health, Oleg means anyone from 0 Health to 99.999999 health.

The problem in my mind is that someone can have almost zero PF skills, still max the tt fist, still have a "lot" of HP from ranged and then win the competition because of that. I'd rather see someone with real brawling skills win. ;)

Looking at it the other way round, in your version the person with the most higher powerfist skill and health will win 99 times out of 100. No fun in that :)

I dont wanna brake your spirit but Boxing event is something we have had in entropia every year (maybe not 2007)

I found one post from 2006 on Entropia Pioneers

Maybe you can use some of the old rules we are all used to ???

It's been a while since those were on, and I wasn't around to see them. This is a new event. Thanks for posting the link, I'll read that later, it'll be interesting to see how it worked out back then.

Dont you meen:

Yep, what Jimmy B said. If your Health attribute says 125, then actually you are a little bit over 125. So in fact the Lightweight category, for example, is from 100-124.99999999999 health, and 'overweight' players can go up to 127.9999999999 health.

Thanks to everyone who has entered so far!

what is the differese if you are 99.9 or 99.0 ??
you are still below 100...

Updated first two posts with prizes and list of entrants so far.

what is the differese if you are 99.9 or 99.0 ??
you are still below 100...

"Up to 99 Health" implies 99 or less health. Which would not include 99.9 since that is more than 99 health. 100-124 implies between 100.000 and 124.0000 which would also not include 99.9.

So the way you wrote it, 99.9 wouldn't fit in any of the categories.

Its slightly pedantic I know, as I know what you mean. But Oleg's way of writing it was more technically correct. You both mean the same thing though I think.

Looking at it the other way round, in your version the person with the most higher powerfist skill and health will win 99 times out of 100. No fun in that :)

Hardly 99/100 - it takes some real skill as well to kill another person, not just ingame ones. But still, if we're all on a level playing field when it comes to damage - then the guy with the most HP will win 99 times out of 100, according to your logic. :silly2:

Signing in: Nicholas wizzszz Wolf - Welterweight

Hardly 99/100 - it takes some real skill as well to kill another person, not just ingame ones. But still, if we're all on a level playing field when it comes to damage - then the guy with the most HP will win 99 times out of 100, according to your logic. :silly2:

Hehe, well, we'll see what happens with these rules. Depending on how it works out I can always change the rules for future events (I'm hoping to run this annually if there is enough interest).

Is it a mudfight?

I am practiced in girls mudfights!!!

( just coming home from sushi and cocktails...they shouldn't give me 2 of them...)

Back