Journal of starter miner [ 0 skills ]

Schism

Prowler
Ok.. I saw some threads like this.. And I decide to start one to watch my progress [ I should do this with crafting too.. but now is too late :) ]

Playing this game about 1 month ( without depo ) and never tried mining, so I decide to buy myself TT equipment (enmatter for now ) and 20 probes ^^
These are my calculations - my 1st run :

20 probes = 10 PEDs
Equipment decay spent with this 20 probes :
Genesis Star Energy Extractor EE/01 = 0.36
Ziplex Ju10 MatterSeeker = 0.14

Total spent : 10.50

Found couple of tiny and uknown size claims and one VII claim, rest was no resources. So this are claims ( without markup )

1176 Force nexus = 11.76
19 Lytairian dust = 1.90

Total = 13.66

Total profit will be 13.66 - 10.50 =

Skills after 1st run :

Drilling - 20
Surveying - 14
Geology - 4
Prospeting - 1
Mining - 1
Metallurgy - 1

I think I will make my second run tonight.. If someone have some advices for mining, pls be free to post it ;)

Last edited:
GL with your project, subscribing.

BTW, I would recommend longer runs (eg 50 - 100 probes) to equal out bad mining fields with a lot of NRF ;)

have fun take your time and most of all, dont get frustraited, if you have a couple bad drops, move on to somewhere else.

GL with your project, subscribing.

BTW, I would recommend longer runs (eg 50 - 100 probes) to equal out bad mining fields with a lot of NRF ;)

I cannot afford myself that long runes.. But I will do it when I can ;)

NRF means no resources found, right? :)

My tactic is to go out in wilderness and run about 1 min, drop probe, then run again one 1-2 mins and drop probe again..

Thanks mate and Crux thanks to u2 on advices ;)

Here is a tip from Captain Mac ;)

If I am mining in an unknown area (which for you is everywhere), I drop a probes every 15 seconds of running. If I know the area to have claims I drop it to every 10 seconds.

Also as you get your feet under you, you might consider dropping both Bombs and Probes when ever you stop to drop. Helps develop a clear picture of what is where.

Also if you drop a probe, or bomb and it appears right where you are standing, drop another, most often than not you will find another claim.

GL and keep on minin! :)

Good luck! I don't think you need to track Metallurgy. That is a skill you gain through crafting metal components.

Thanks for all advices ;)

Fsteckler, I will try like that.. As I wrote.. I used to run about 1 min and drob probe, but now it will be 20 seconds ;)

Exactly where I`m standing.. Or that can be 5-10 metters from me? ^^

IceCold3000, name is from song.. and band is Tool :)
That program is allowed by MA, right? I checked out it.. It`s very usefull ;)

Lerxst, I was thinkin` about that too.. But it`s in "mining".. So I will track it.. ;)

Thanks again to all ;)

Tomorrow will be my second run I think :)

Exactly where I`m standing.. Or that can be 5-10 metters from me? ^^

If I might interpret . . . the idea (theory) is that if there are two claims within your search radius, your finder will find the closest claim to you. If the claim is VERY close to you (assuming you stood still the whole time), then a lot of the search area remains unknown. For example, if the claim is 20 meters away from you, then the unknown area (in m^2) is (55^2-20^2)*pi = 8250 m^2, which is quite a large fraction (about 87%) of the total search area. If the claim pops up right next to you, then nearly all the search area is unknown.

In my estimation for the above example, your chance to find another claim by dropping in the same spot would be about 87% of your chance of finding a claim when dropping in a random unexplored area (~25-30%). Maybe a bit more if nobody has mined there recently(?) I certainly don't find another claim "most often than not," but perhaps some people do.

In summary, dropping another probe if the claim appears close to you is nearly equivalent to dropping a probe in an un-explored area. In my estimation. And you have to stand still for the theory to hold.

Best of luck!

Noodles

Last edited:
2nd run

I finished my second run.. I not profited on it.. But hope some of next runs will be good ;)
Stats :

20 probes = 10 PEDs
Genesis Star Energy Extractor EE/0]1 = 0.12
Ziplex Ju10 MatterSeeker = 0.15

Total spent : 10.27

All claims was II and III.. Nothing better.. ;\ Stats ( without markup ) :

246 Force nexus = 2.46
62 Alicenies Liquid = 3.10
57 Sweetstuff = 0.57

Total = 6.13

Total profit will be 6.13 - 10.27 =

Skills after 2nd run :

Drilling - 23
Surveying - 24
Geology - 11
Prospeting - 1
Mining - 1
Metallurgy - 1

Last edited:
I wish you all the best in mining, but with dropping only 20 probes each run you may get broke too fast... I'd strongly suggest you to do longer runs...

name is from song.. and band is Tool :)

I know, that's why I like it :D

That program is allowed by MA, right?

I don't think anybody has ever got a straight answer from MA regarding this kind of software, but AFAIK nobody has ever been locked or banned for using NRF, PEass etc.

(Autoclickers are bad though, so don't start crafting :silly2::D)

If you haven't tried mining on Amethera, you might want to. I always do better there and it has some enmatters that Eudoria doesn't. Good luck :thumbup:

gl.

20 probe runs are a bit too short to tell you much about profit/loss I'm afraid, unless you manage to keep the experiment going for a long time.

My advice: use only maxed equipment, make sure you drop each probe a distance at least twice the finder's range away from previous drops (to avoid overlap, cf. Noodles post), track your finds and only return to places if they appear to drop resources with decent markup. Don't use amps until you have spots which you know have good markup.

^^ Thanks again guys :)

@Kubroz,
Soon I will try with 40 probes on 1 run, later maybe more... This was just to see how mining works :) Thanks mate. ;)

@IceCold3000
Damn mate, it`s realy nice to see some Tool fans arround ;) I`m realy glad, may I ask what u love more APC, or Tool? ^^ ( little offtopic :D )
Back to topic.
Fine then, I allready downloaded NRF tool, but I waited your "permission" for MA rules... I will use it ;)
I crafted first ( that`s my mistake in this game.. ) but my 1st and only global was from crafting (?) ... I readed a lot on forum, and saw that most of ppl have profit in mining, so I decide to be miner too ( and it is also fun.. ^^ )
Thanks for advice, I will drop probes on Amethera then.

@Jimmy B ( woohoo, moderator wroted on my thread :yay: :D
As i wroted ... I will do longest run soon ;)
Can u explain what u mean with using "maxed equipment" ? You mean on excavator and finder? ^^
Hmmm.. If I find smtng on one place, I can come back there in 1-2 days, and I will find resources there again? ^^ Didn`t know that..
About amp`s.. I will buy some amp when I`m skilled enough.. ( about 400-500 surveying will be good, right? )
Thanks for ur advices mate : )

Thanks again to all, I will wrote down my 3rd run little later.. ( I`m going to my girl.. She`s alone at home.. :wtg: )

C`ya l8er guys, thanks again and gl to every1 ;)

3rd run :mad:

IceCold3000, you should earlier tell me to drop probes only on Amethera :) My first 2 runs was there.. And this was on Eudora - South of Twin Peaks..

20 probes = 10 PEDs
Genesis Star Energy Extractor EE/0]1 = 0.13
Ziplex Ju10 MatterSeeker = 0.15

Total spent : 10.28

Droped 20 probes and found just 2 claims of Crude Oil and Garcen Grease.. Stats :

345 Crude Oil = 3.45
24 Garcen Grease = 2.40

Total : 5.85

Total profit will be : 5.85 - 10.28 =

Skills after 3rd run :

Surveying- 33
Drilling - 32
Geology - 15
Prospeting - 1
Mining - 1
Metallurgy - 1

Going bad for now.. But time will tell all ... ^^

4th run

Ok.. I listened and buyed 40 probes..

These are stats :

40 probes = 20 PEDs
Equipment decay spent with this 40 probes :
Genesis Star Energy Extractor EE/0]1 = 0.32
Ziplex Ju10 MatterSeeker = 0.30

Total spent : 20.62

This time .. I found just nexus :

1132 Force Nexus = 11.32

Total = 11.32

Total profit will be : 11.32 - 20.62 =

Skills after 4th run :

Surveying- 52
Drilling - 50
Geology - 32
Prospeting - 1
Mining - 1
Metallurgy - 1

Grrrr... Lot of sweating puted in the ground... xD
I tried with tactic to drop probes if claim is near me... And NRF for now.. But that was just 3 times.. ;)

Things will get better once you start to see patterns for finds, and your ingame skills increase so you max the finders and tools. Maxing means that your skills are high enough that you are 100% efficient with that tool-with your current skills, the finder for example will have less range than it CAN have, and detect less things that might be underneath you :)

Mining is very tricky until you get the hang of it so don't give up!

Also...what are you doing with the ores? Are you selling them with markup? Or are you just tting them? :eek: Make sure you sell EVERYTHING you can with markup as it will really help-the markup could be what buys you the extra probe that gets you your global ;)
Frankenberry-NBK Legion

Hey my FAPy friend ;)

Thanks for advices ;)

I saw that depth on matterseeker is biger everytime I`m using it.. ;) So with more skills I`m able to found deeper resources ;)

I do enmatters for now mate, not ores.
I`m saving my enmatters and trying to find buyers for mark up. For now every enmat is sold for mark up ;)

But also I`m tring to get little biger % for force nexus cuz I remember that mark up was 130 % on it.. Now is 127 %... I found one buyer for 127 %, but I will try to get little biger for now :)

I don`t think that I`m close to global.. But who knows.. Maybe some of my next runs will be :)
Thanks again and +rep

EDIT :
P. S.
Damn dude... I hate that color of ur text :D :D :D

One thing that puts a smile on my face even when I have a non profit run is that I still gained skills. In the long run those skills gained will produce a more steady stream of profitable runs and also increase the frequency of finding either much bigger claims (Global and HOF) or more rarer claims that will get you much better MU and thus put you into profit.
So dont get down that you are loosing peds now the best is yet to come :)

One thing that puts a smile on my face even when I have a non profit run is that I still gained skills. In the long run those skills gained will produce a more steady stream of profitable runs and also increase the frequency of finding either much bigger claims (Global and HOF) or more rarer claims that will get you much better MU and thus put you into profit.
So dont get down that you are loosing peds now the best is yet to come :)

Hmmm.. :) If you say so.. For now .. I`m loosing.. But I`m hoping some decent claim.. ( and hoping it will be soon.. Cuz I`m running out of cash :D ) ^^

About how much probes u droped before ur first global? Or how much surveying u had? :)

5th run

40 probes = 20 PEDs
Genesis Star Energy Extractor EE/0]1 = 0.29

Total spent : 20.59

Bigest claim on this run was IV nexus.. And first 12 probes was NRF.. I was realy pissed of.. :) Later probes was better.. Stats :

1023 Force Nexus = 10.23
11 Typonolic Steam = 1.65
12 Alicenies Liquid = 0.60
Total = 12.48

Total profit will be : 12.48 - 20.59 =

Skills after 4th run :

Surveying- 71
Drilling - 70
Geology - 43
Prospeting - 1
Mining - 1
Metallurgy - 1

Ok.. Loosing again.. Going on my 6th run.. I hope it will be some profit on this.. Or I`m back to sweating probably :)

Nice project ! ;) (BTW where do you mine to get so much Force nexus ?)

About how much probes u droped before ur first global? Or how much surveying u had? :)

I don't mine a lot myself, only have around 700 in Surveying. I've never had a mining global but have found two spaceships (without beacon) and one out of the ordinary find. Other than that I've had good runs and bad even though I usually don't drop over 50-60 probes per run.

@IceCold3000
Damn mate, it`s realy nice to see some Tool fans arround ;) I`m realy glad, may I ask what u love more APC, or Tool? ^^ ( little offtopic :D )

Same here mate :yay: I like both but prefer Tool :cool: You?

Nice project - thumbs up from me

a bit of advice from me:

The short runs have the disadvantage, that u have a chance of very bad proportional returns - ie. a 10 probe run of 10xnrf will give u 0% return - and its very unlikely that this will happen if u had 100 probes.

But as long as u can make another run of 20 probes, the only real difference is that u will visit the tt machine more often, and u will have less peds locked up in probes.

My experience is that its fine to do small runs; i do 20 bombs and probes runs most of the time.

Just remember to take the short runs into account when u evaluate ur profits and its just about same-same.

I saw u wrote u had an "unknown size" - its a bit bogus because u can see the size of the claim if u click the deed - its in u inventory next to ur ped card the deed for treasure island if ur Deathifier - which u aint ;D.

Another thing for how u record/post ur runs, i like to see the claim sizes when i follow projects like this one.

i would suggest one or both of these options :

0-0-XXV-0-0-0-XX-XX-XX-XXVII-0-0 etc to see the sequence and to encourage other miners that u can hit an XXV after 2 consecutive nrfs :D

the other;

oil X, VI, XXVII
Rugaritz XXV II
Dunkel X, X, XX, X
etc

this lets u see if u where lucky on the making the hit on the find so to speak; the above run was total crap cause the big one was oil and the smaller ones where rugarizt and dunkel.

I dont want to whip u or anything, but if its just a matter of formatting to u, u could consider these options.

@Marcoldman

Tnx mate :) I found some on TI .. And some on New Oxford.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/mining/125067-amethera-mining-chart.html
This is mining chart when u can see what can be found on some areas.. But u probably saw it allready ;D

@IceCold3000

I like both too.. But prefer Tool too :)
That`s maybe cuz Tool have more albums and longer "experience" together.. But if APC have more albums.. Maybe will be diferent :) Anyway Maynard is the man! ;) Btw.. Last year I was on Tool concert ( best in my life ^^ ) and catched stick who droped Danny Carey ^^
And ofc.. I will not sell it for any amounts of money or PED`s :p

Back to topic again.. What`s the beacon? And can u tell me more about robot spaceships? ^^

@JackATHherer
Nice. Btw, Do you profit with 20 probes on run? ^^
Yeah.. It`s little bogus, cuz u can see size of claim on ur deed.. Realized that.. Tnx ;)

I`m thinking on that options.. But it takes too much time to write post.. :) Maybe I will do it.. Don`t know yet.. :)
But for sure I will mention when I have some biger claim .. And ofc post screenshot if got any globals! :D

Thanks again to all.. Another run will be soon ;)

Run #6

40 probes = 20 PEDs
Genesis Star Energy Extractor EE/0]1 = 0.34

Total spent : 20.64

Again... I was pissed off at start.. First 10 probes was NRF.. But later was good.. And bigest claim ( IV alicenies ) put me back on track :) These are stats :

784 Force Nexus = 7.84
67 Alicenies Liquid = 3.35
333 Crude Oil = 3.33
Total = 14.52

Total profit will be : 14.52 - 20.64 =

Skills after run #6 :

Surveying- 90
Drilling - 92
Geology - 52
Prospeting - 1
Mining - 1
Metallurgy - 1

Loosing again.. But hope dies last ;)

I hope your not TTing the enmatters you find because the last couple runs would be alot closer to even if you sold at a markup. If you are selling at a markup you might want to add them to total. Good luck mate!

40 probes = 20 PEDs
Genesis Star Energy Extractor EE/0]1 = 0.34

Total spent : 20.64

Again... I was pissed off at start.. First 10 probes was NRF.. But later was good.. And bigest claim ( IV alicenies ) put me back on track :) These are stats :

784 Force Nexus = 7.84
67 Alicenies Liquid = 3.35
333 Crude Oil = 3.33
Total = 14.52

Total profit will be : 14.52 - 20.64 =

Skills after run #6 :

Surveying- 90
Drilling - 92
Geology - 52
Prospeting - 1
Mining - 1
Metallurgy - 1