Bad rep for Entropia Universe :(

Rentonx

Dominant
Banned
With the on-coming release of the new planets and well awaited cryengine, i have been anticipating what pospects it will hold for entropia.

Something that i have only recently noticed is that there is a considerable amount of bad rep the game itself is recieving from general gamers. I was browsing one of the largest MMO forums on the net at work just out of curiosity to see if i could find anything on Entropia. I assumed for the most part, many gamers (in particular ones interested into mmo's) weren't aware that it even existed. Turns out that alot of poeple actually have bad opions of the game, thinking its a game purely for "gamblers", "promises of high riches"... and so much more.

I was actually quite suprised as 90% of the things that were being said were total lies, "such as the people who earn money from the game are on a contract with MA etc... etc...". The reason why it bothered me though is that these opinions were views of many people/gamers on the most popular mmo forum on the net. In my mind this is very damaging to Entropia, specially to all the others that read on that forum, so i made an account there and tried to fend in the name of the game as much i could.

Some of the arguements however from the members there were quite valid tho, one in particular "Its not an afordable game to the normal P2P gamer". I'm just thinking if MA need to give new opportunities for these sort of people with the new planets. They need to seriously work on there PR department too (stop me from doing it =P), if they plan on getting more new players to the game.
With the arrival of the new planets we need a huge influx of players to fill them too.... I can't imagine the 50k or so active players we have now spread across all the planets will be signs of success.

Here's the forum: http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/forum/614

Join in the fun, and back EU :yay:

With the arrival of the new planets we need a huge influx of players to fill them too.... I can't imagine the 50k or so active players we have now spread across all the planets will be signs of success.

MA's plan is to within 3-4 years have 150 million registrered accounts, with up to 7 million players active at all times :wise:

(this is what they have said themselves several times)

MA's plan is to within 3-4 years have 150 million registrered accounts, with up to 7 million players active at all times :wise:

a plan is nothing definative.... as you may or may not know MA have had many plans in their time - not many of those have surfaced. I am sure that they do make intentions to go forward with these plans, but things get in the way i guess.

The worst part with this is that in my eyes MA and their reps adds 2 this bad wiew on EU themselves by their lack of communication with us players, the total lies they have been spreading in media especially last year about
1. Existing "working" Cashcards that we players was supposed 2 have access to.
2. Wellters BIG lie in Swedish newsarticles in Aug 2007 where he claimed that the "average" player witdrew 20 K peds MONTHLY with the nonexisting cashcard.
3. Promises about Cryengines release first it was spring 2008 then during summer they said later this summer even later on August 2008. Now im so tired of their promises so i havent even noticed if they made any NEW promises.
ALL of this behaviour is and has been REALLY bad PR 4 EU. I know of a bunch of players who started after NO.2 and quit as fast as they started cause didnt take them 2 loong 2 figure out that this "monthly income" was pure BS.
Ive been working with sales since 1976 and first thing ive learned was IF u want 2 be succesful as a salesrep. DONT FFS DONT spread BS promises u cant fullfil.
Its quite obvious that NONE of MAs frontfaces NEVER attended a sales course/class.
I belive that everything mentioned above has been hurting EU more then anything. And the sad part is that MAs representatives doesnt seem 2 learn from their own misstakes.
EU COULD be a fantastic game IF there was more/better communication with the players and IF MA reps at least could be honest.

All this bad rep is 100% MA's fault.

What do you expect when you go pushing your game around as a make money thing. Play for free, earn money killing mob, etc. When this does not deliver and new players see just how much it costs to play this game, post like that happen on websites like that.

We've been telling them for years that they need to change the way they advertise, but MA is too concerned with $$$$.

1. Existing "working" Cashcards that we players was supposed 2 have access to.
2. Wellters BIG lie in Swedish newsarticles in Aug 2007 where he claimed that the "average" player witdrew 20 K peds MONTHLY with the nonexisting cashcard.
3. Promises about Cryengines release first it was spring 2008 then during summer they said later this summer even later on August 2008. Now im so tired of their promises so i havent even noticed if they made any NEW promises.

this is exactly what i got in the other forum as well. I attempted to back it up as best i could.

But you guys are getting things wrong, you're not suppose to mention anything bad in this thread:duh:. Spread the good rep about the game you love and enjoy! I think every person who plays today knows that somewhere within Entropia Universe there is true potential.

At mmorpg forums there mostly are players who like games such as WoW, lineage and other grinding party games... basicly they like games where they can say ''Hey look, my orc has bigger dick than your orc!! w00tz0r'' ... :laugh:

+ 60% of players are children, they doesn't seem to be interested in EU..

btw, MA will never get 7mil active players... eaven if they tell whole china and japan about this game ..

I think every person who plays today knows that somewhere within Entropia Universe there is true potential.

The true potential seems to be sweat

Isn't that what the Chinese planet creators said?

At mmorpg forums there mostly are players who like games such as WoW, lineage and other grinding party games...

You'd be suprised! Alot of the playerbase who play WoW actually consist of adults.

At mmorpg forums there mostly are players who like games such as WoW, lineage and other grinding party games... basicly they like games where they can say ''Hey look, my orc has bigger dick than your orc!! w00tz0r'' ... :laugh:

+ 60% of players are children, they doesn't seem to be interested in EU..

What a fucking stupid thing to say:loco:

Some of those people are old PE players who got tired of listening MA's "PR". I mean after 5 years of BS. Some people tend to get angry? I dont blame any of these bad spokers.

And if marco and the new company will start improving calypso to that level, that it was suppose to became 5 years ago. I bet many of those whiners will come back and be very quiet about their ranting in those forums... but that is big if...

About the potential.. :p Since 2003 i saw potential in this beta thign.. problem is that in these years i have been around.. MA hasnt had resources to make EU what it could be... :(

And my plan is to have full Supremacy, Mod fap, and Mod Merc without depositing and be active at all times :wise:
(this is what I have said myself several times)

:laugh::rolleyes:

7 million active users? maybe they should try to keep the 50k playsers they have atm by upping our loot i mean since they like to point out they have a turnover of over 360m a year and all players combined only make about 5-10m a year youd think theyd be more generous =/

I dont understand... is it only me who makes money from this game :scratch2:

u and that Always wenk or whatever his face is LOL

this is exactly what i got in the other forum as well. I attempted to back it up as best i could.

But you guys are getting things wrong, you're not suppose to mention anything bad in this thread:duh:. Spread the good rep about the game you love and enjoy! I think every person who plays today knows that somewhere within Entropia Universe there is true potential.

IF thats the case Let the MA reps show us that true potential. Seems 2 me as they dont care 2 much.

I think people get tired of not being able to be an unlimited uber in the game.Now its (L) and feels that way.I personally wish it wasnt (L).

that is actually kinda true lol, lots of ego problems on wow when compared to EU.

that is actually kinda true lol, lots of ego problems on wow when compared to EU.

Whats better egotripped players or Ego tripped gameowners whos only intrest in the game seems 2 be similar. But in their case Hey My Bancaccount are biggers then yours.

Ok well here it is.

Most people, who deposit into Entropia, are not thinking about it as spending money, but converting it into PED.

This is where the mistake is made.

DO NOT TREAT PED LIKE A CURRENCY.

How the hell do you expect something, which for the msot part, people think is just funnelling their money for a half cut game (look at other games, theres a shitload more content then entropia offers...).

I know its not nice, and i know its not what it should be like, but it is.

Whats better egotripped players or Ego tripped gameowners whos only intrest in the game seems 2 be similar. But in their case Hey My Bancaccount are biggers then yours.

i am abit confused :scratch2: u are saying that MA is ego tripped?

Ok well here it is.

Most people, who deposit into Entropia, are not thinking about it as spending money, but converting it into PED.

This is where the mistake is made.

DO NOT TREAT PED LIKE A CURRENCY.

How the hell do you expect something, which for the msot part, people think is just funnelling their money for a half cut game (look at other games, theres a shitload more content then entropia offers...).

I know its not nice, and i know its not what it should be like, but it is.

Agreed once that cash is ped dont expect it to become cash again

btw, MA will never get 7mil active players... eaven if they tell whole china and japan about this game ..

:laugh: I head those same predictions about so and so game back in 1999 When a certain Fantasy MMORPG was the Big Dog. It hit the unbelieveable number of half a million subscribers. With the number of players per server at a max of about 5K IIRC. This was slated as the absolute Maximum a game server could hold.

There were many who claimed this was the high water mark of MMORPGs and we would never see anyone achieve bigger numbers being all those that released after had failed to acheive such.

Then came 2004 and WOW ;) did that record fall fast!
Online gaming is still in its infancy. Sorta like American Television was in the late 50s and early 60s.

So predictions of "so and so" will never happen is a bit premature when talking about online gaming.

To paraphrase Al Jolson:

"You ain't seen nothing yet!"

Dex :cool:

:laugh: I head those same predictions about so and so game back in 1999 When a certain Fantasy MMORPG was the Big Dog. It hit the unbelieveable number of half a million subscribers. With the number of players per server at a max of about 5K IIRC. This was slated as the absolute Maximum a game server could hold.

There were many who claimed this was the high water mark of MMORPGs and we would never see anyone achieve bigger numbers being all those that released after had failed to acheive such.

Then came 2004 and WOW ;) did that record fall fast!
Online gaming is still in its infancy. Sorta like American Television was in the late 50s and early 60s.

So predictions of "so and so" will never happen is a bit premature when talking about online gaming.

To paraphrase Al Jolson:

"You ain't seen nothing yet!"

UO was big dog in 1999 :)

UO was big dog in 1999 :)

E***Q**** launched with modest expectations from Sony on March 16, 1999 and quickly became successful. By the end of the year, it had surpassed competitor U**** O***** in number of subscriptions.

;)

Back