Oxford Bank

Also i wonder why you say you will keep the fund at 20k...Nor the kind of number that make feel good about the bank , when i have more myself on my ped card...

20k is probably about 20k over what she needs to cover loans from people that still wanna do business with anshe :D

The crux here is that anshe didn't do anything at all to correct her "mistake", while it would have been SO easy to just pull the deed from auction once she noticed her "mistake", but she didn't. A swift action of her would have restored some trust.

It's gonna be interesting to see how many people now wanna sell their shares back, and if they get paid. That would restore some trust as well ofc.

And then a noobie question: How does it work when a loan expired? Lily is asking for the claim so people can get paid, but when a mining claim expires it just evaporates, is a loan claim in your inventory for ever? Or do you get a message like with a mining claim and then it's gone?

You get a message and its gone then. I did an experiment with few PED of lysterium sometimes ago.

You get a message and its gone then. I did an experiment with few PED of lysterium sometimes ago.

Wow, ain't that great. Then no-one can get their stuff back :rolleyes:

Nice offer anshe.

Wow, ain't that great. Then no-one can get their stuff back :rolleyes:

Nice offer anshe.

Due MA took guarantee for items at banks I'm as heavy loan taker not worried about it. But hope that access will be unrestricted these days. Will look in the evning for it, actually can't login. Want my items back...

Due MA took guarantee for items at banks I'm as heavy loan taker not worried about it. But hope that access will be unrestricted these days. Will look in the evning for it, actually can't login. Want my items back...

The bank is unrestircted and open for business

Last edited:

I know MA guarenteed it. I just mean that anshe's offer to give people their stuff back upon showing the claim is impossible. Just an attempt to restore faith that backfired.

Hi everyone.

Secondly, for individuals that had loans expire during the time the bank was on Auction. If you want your items back please IM me here on the EF and I will make arrangements to meet with you in the bank to return your items. All i need to see is the claim and I will be glad to return for exactly what was paid out + 30 days interest at a reduced rate. I will discuss this with you individually not in open forum. If you chose to disclose the details afterwards that is your business. I will hold these items for 7 days from today then they go in auction or in the Bank Shoppes.
  • Buy back offer good until 07:00 MA time 17 Nov 2008

You have NO right to charge any interest at all for the period after a loan expired during the closure period, or to set a time limit for items to be claimed.

Mindark have guaranteed unconditionally that loan-takers affected by a bank closure will suffer no loss.

If you aren't prepared to honour this, I hope MA will, when Support cases are filed, and then debit you the compensation.

Last edited:
You have NO right to charge any interest at all for the period after a loan expired during the closure period, or to set a time limit for items to be claimed.

Mindark have guaranteed unconditionally that loan-takers affected by a bank closure will suffer no loss.

If you aren't prepared to honour this, I hope MA will, when Support cases are filed, and then debit you the compensation.

Do hope so aswell.

Wish you the best of luck Aura in picking up the shatterd remains.
As we have all noticed in the last months TRUST is everything.
From Lehman to fortis to landsbanki and RBS they all have 1 thing in common lack of trust.

Lets how real this RL game is, Will we get a run on this bank?(highy probable)
Will there be government intervention(doubt that)
Terrible 4th quarter?(Im sure)

Anyway hope you prove me wrong

From Lehman to fortis to landsbanki and RBS they all have 1 thing in common lack of trust.

Not lack of trust but bad publicity, the media posting stuff which make no sense at all and creating -deliberate?- confusion.

So what's the story actually now then? Is the bank still on auction or it's retracted? Because this leads me to think MA pointed out some small prints of the Bank EULA. :D

I guess ppl understand if something brings profit is not for sale.;)

Not lack of trust but bad publicity, the media posting stuff which make no sense at all and creating -deliberate?- confusion.

So what's the story actually now then? Is the bank still on auction or it's retracted? Because this leads me to think MA pointed out some small prints of the Bank EULA. :D

Nah mate, Alot of stuff hasnt been made public thats all.
Trust me its about trust.

There was a run a few banks of which not many people know, Consumers stayed but business accounts got moved in a insane pace...

Private sector and the bad part, And media might inlfluence them. Media wont influence large companies, specially as they just guess a bit to often.

Welcome back Aura, you have a long treck ahead of you. Best wishes to you.

I must say that loans that expired during the auction period should be given a much longer redemption period as it is the bank that, for all practical purposes, defaulted on them. A month would be more reasonable.

Welcome back Aura, you have a long treck ahead of you. Best wishes to you.

I must say that loans that expired during the auction period should be given a much longer redemption period as it is the bank that, for all practical purposes, defaulted on them. A month would be more reasonable.

How many days have the bank been "out of order"?
Have it been 7-8 days right?
So as she said they have 7 days to redam their iteams .
Same as if the bank wouldent been out of order.They had 7 days to take it out.
I dont get it ? why should she/he give more time then really was expired?

Thx Aura for u comming back and try to build up the bank again.

How many days have the bank been "out of order"?
Have it been 7-8 days right?
So as she said they have 7 days to redam their iteams .
Same as if the bank wouldent been out of order.They had 7 days to take it out.
I dont get it ? why should she/he give more time then really was expired?

Because its her fault if part of customer was in deep shit , did lose money , get afraid to lose item ....
So , at least she can offer some compensation...
At least that how many business do when they are faulty.

Imagine case of guy who hade a gun in bank , could not get it , but got it sold to someone...The someone go away since seller can get gun from bank...during that time , the gun price whent down, and dont say me it impossible case...A204 whent from 25k to 17k in one week and from 17 to 13 the week after...

Imho put deed in auction was the first fault , but not take it out was second... not speaking about blame MA and let MA do the job...
I know that its somehow MA fault to not think about that case , but ints anshe fault to let all her customer in deep shit for some time and not even give any info.

So imho the least they can do is give some time to people who need , make all the loan free for those people and why not , gift some IPO to that people for show you want keep them as customers.

Well its not my business , but thats how i would probably do it.At least that somehow how do many IRL compagnie when they faulty...
I remember one of my website host , who while changing som server got a problem , and my site was down for 4 day because of that error.They just gave me 2 free month.My provider was latte when they make some change on my internet , something suposed to take 3 day took 15 day because of som mistake , they gift me 2 month.My bank did make an error when they deliver me my new credit card... they just got me new one for free , with some better service free , and i had 1 or 2 month free, and i can come with shit load on exemple just for me.
I am sure many people are used that , when a compagnie is faulty , they do a commercial gesture to their customer.

I am sure many people are used that , when a compagnie is faulty , they do a commercial gesture to their customer.

Not always. In some cases you - as customer - need to prove extensively the error of the company and mostly it depends of the person handling your complaint. The temp forces they use for customer services crack down easy so they're obliged to do a gesture as the errors keep stacking up while you're complaining. With a "veteran", you can dispute hours, you'll only end up with a huge phonebill.

Basically, the more people affected and the harder you scream, the larger the shot is for a gesture.

Not always. In some cases you - as customer - need to prove extensively the error of the company and mostly it depends of the person handling your complaint. The temp forces they use for customer services crack down easy so they're obliged to do a gesture as the errors keep stacking up while you're complaining. With a "veteran", you can dispute hours, you'll only end up with a huge phonebill.

Basically, the more people affected and the harder you scream, the larger the shot is for a gesture.

I didnt argue anything for those problem..Beside with my ISP , but argue was to get things solved in some good time frame , not to have some gesture.
Most of them just did ofered it straight away , or i had just to do 1 call to some special service ...

I never did waste hours begging to get anything...The case will be solve kinda fast:Hello , how much i own you? Here your money.Good bye i go concurence.

Many compagnie , after som kind of bad handled problem , did in the end , to eco som money at some customer , had to waste tons and tons of money in advert to get som new people...

Advert and market studie now , tend to prouf that ears say , and "product quality" , pay more in long term than shit load of advert.
Many big compagnie , do pay now what they did years ago.

So imho the least they can do is give some time to people who need , make all the loan free for those people and why not , gift some IPO to that people for show you want keep them as customers.

Well

I belive she just have to give the x days free from intresst not give them a month free time to redeam their loan.
She is her to invest not to do charity.
I dont say she did right or wrong to put it in the bank but i say ..she offers the ppl who lost their iteams in this mess can have it back for the money they own the bank..
And i probbely say not many lost so much in this 7 days.But i dont know , so dont u.

So flame me on now.
Iam ready to take the hits.

All i need to see is the claim and I will be glad to return for exactly what was paid out + 30 days interest at a reduced rate. I will discuss this with you individually not in open forum. If you chose to disclose the details afterwards that is your business. I will hold these items for 7 days from today then they go in auction or in the Bank Shoppes.

The more i think about this anshe bank situation, the weirder it gets. As someone before mentioned: is she really saying in that first bold line that she wants 30 days interest if people want their item back? so, close the bank for 7 days and then collect 30 days interest? but oh wait, at a reduced rate... how nice.... lol

I MUST be misreading that line.

The second part in bold is a bit worrying though. I thought MA had spoken to all parties involved? And that MA would handle the return of the items that expired during the auction time? If so, how can she just sell them off then?

Does that mean MA didn't speak to anshe? Or did they and is anshe just going her own way regardless? Or did they speak to her and gave her the okay to sell them off? And if THAT is the case, how is MA gonna return the items to the loantakers then?

I sort of understand that some people defend anshe when they have money or items outstanding that they hope to get back, but seriously, this smells fishy even from miles away.

And to the people that are petting anshe the moment she finally says something: no wonder that she gets away with stuff.

Damn, just imagine I handed something to the bank and wanted to get it back before I go to a 2 weeks vacation trip...

The more i think about this anshe bank situation, the weirder it gets. As someone before mentioned: is she really saying in that first bold line that she wants 30 days interest if people want their item back? so, close the bank for 7 days and then collect 30 days interest? but oh wait, at a reduced rate... how nice.... lol

I MUST be misreading that line.

The second part in bold is a bit worrying though. I thought MA had spoken to all parties involved? And that MA would handle the return of the items that expired during the auction time? If so, how can she just sell them off then?

Does that mean MA didn't speak to anshe? Or did they and is anshe just going her own way regardless? Or did they speak to her and gave her the okay to sell them off? And if THAT is the case, how is MA gonna return the items to the loantakers then?

I sort of understand that some people defend anshe when they have money or items outstanding that they hope to get back, but seriously, this smells fishy even from miles away.

And to the people that are petting anshe the moment she finally says something: no wonder that she gets away with stuff.

The part you misread the loudest was not the point. The point of that paragraph is:

Aura Lily said:
... I will discuss this with you individually not in open forum. If you chose to disclose the details afterwards that is your business. ...

.. and pretains to items i have in storage at the moment. Does not include items MA extended the due date on.

Last edited:
I think theres a lot of opinions about a bank system that none of us knows anything about. None of us ever saw how the loans look to the bankers or how the system works or the interface and controls and stuff.

I think they have a good thing that adds to out virtual world. I am glad that mindark saw that problem with their auction system shutting down the bank and will put in a fix. how this is anyone but mindark's fault is beyond me. I know if I just spend that much ped putting the deed in the auction I sure would not pull it back out till the auction time was done

>^.^<

You finally said something i agree with Etopia

I dont post please you or anyone else.
I dont post folowing your or anyone else agenda.
I just give out my opinion , and , as your , mine stink too.
Yet i run business in here since years , while "your" seemed bankrupcy last week ...

That you agree me or not is irevelant , what is interessing to watch often is fact.
Now , lets see if you will agrea to pay back IPO at those who ask it , and how many will run away with their ped?

Hello , some people are not understanding or speaking without thinking here. Aura said she give back item for the amount loaned + 30 days Reduced interest.
People would be paying what the borrowed + 30 REGULAR interest if they were able to pull item from the bank. Sooo this means they are getting a better deal for borrowing the money then they normally would with normal bank usage. In other words 30 days interest is not in addition to what was borrowed it is already owed but a discount is being applied for the inconvenience.

Does that clear anything up for peeps. Anshe loses mioney she could have had if she didn't put deed on auction. probly at reduced interest will be a few hundred dollars US.

Hello , some people are not understanding or speaking without thinking here. Aura said she give back item for the amount loaned + 30 days Reduced interest.
People would be paying what the borrowed + 30 REGULAR interest if they were able to pull item from the bank. Sooo this means they are getting a better deal for borrowing the money then they normally would with normal bank usage. In other words 30 days interest is not in addition to what was borrowed it is already owed but a discount is being applied for the inconvenience.

Does that clear anything up for peeps. Anshe loses mioney she could have had if she didn't put deed on auction. probly at reduced interest will be a few hundred dollars US.

Dont get upset, most off them are here to just flame away and show off their finace guru abilty´s.
They can read but just love to stir things around ...

She could have just said reduced interest to make it clear at once if that's what she meant.

Secondly, for individuals that had loans expire during the time the bank was on Auction. If you want your items back please IM me here on the EF and I will make arrangements to meet with you in the bank to return your items. All i need to see is the claim and I will be glad to return for exactly what was paid out + 30 days interest at a reduced rate. I will discuss this with you individually not in open forum. If you chose to disclose the details afterwards that is your business. I will hold these items for 7 days from today then they go in auction or in the Bank Shoppes.
  • Buy back offer good until 07:00 MA time 17 Nov 2008

I am glad to see this issue is moving forward, however I want to point out something that may be missed. Entropia Forum is a fan forum, and while it is the largest fan forum for EU, it is not used by all EU participants.

Posting this notice on EF and requiring bank customers that have a loan that expired while the bank was unavailable to them to IM you on this forum may not be enough. You state above that you will hold these items for 7 days from today and then dispose of them. I am not sure how this can be proper notice to all users of the bank, those users that do not have an account on Entropia Forum, or did not read the offer you made buried in the middle of this thread will have their items sold.

What happens in the case of the person that trusted this bank, put an item in the bank, then before leaving for a two week vacation or military duty was unable to take the item out. You are going to sell the item because they did not see your post and/or are unable to log into EU for a period of time. The fault that they did not pick up the item at the scheduled time is not theirs, it is the fault of the bank and yet they will be penalized because they did not view this post, buried in the middle of a thread on a non-official MA forum, within the 7 days you established.

Marco stated that MA contacted all customers already, you should be working with MA to make the contact to all customers that the bank is reopened and they can now collect their items. Contact them through some official means and remember the BREACH of contract did not originate on their end and they should not suffer a loss because of this breach.

Finally as to the Interest being charged - This is a reduced rate of interest only up until the time the item was due for pickup nor for time after that event occurred correct? If not you might want to contact Marco to verify that MA is ok with this change as well.

No, the extended period is interest free.

Back