Stop what your doing or your account will be locked! HELP! :(

Status

Kimmi

Slayer
Kimmi Kimmi EFnet
I got this in the mail today:

MINDARK said:
Dear Participant, We regret having to inform you that we have received reports on your avatar. According to these reports you are using non approved channels to gain advantages within the Entropia Universe. Should these accusations be true, we kindly ask you to stop this kind of behavior. As clearly stated in the EULA, using third party software is a violation which can lead to a permanent termination of your Entropia Universe Account without further notice. Note; this is a no-reply email. Contact with Support can be made via the support section of the website.
Kind regards,Entropia Universe Support

Now who in Entropia dont like me, please raise your hand.

Now I figure this has something to do with my scanning in twin during the 3x skill event. Personly I dont go around reporting everyone who is skilling on basic filters. So not sure what to do. Stop scanning...:scratch2: :laugh:

I know there was alot of people standing around scanning the 3x skill event, have anyone else been reported?

You dont need to post here, but it would be interesting to see if 2009 is gonna be the year MA start locking people that use clickers.

What group of players can gain something from my lock ;) :D

You dont need to post here, but it would be interesting to see if 2009 is gonna be the year MA start locking people that use clickers.

Oer :eek:

So you were using an autoclicker to scan with?

Send a support to ask what it is you should stop doing

And please post the result :)

Oh man Kimmi that sucks :(

clickers should be allowed in PE.

hmm..

either they caught you with an autoclicker or something, or some other program that's similar (not sure if they have a way to catch PE assistant yet? - I never used it)... ask support so that they can clarify. Also, if you didn't autoclick, and you are being blamed for it, ask why, etc. and what proof is.

OH NO... Just made a realization..
As clearly stated in the EULA, using third party software is a violation which can lead to a permanent termination of your Entropia Universe Account without further notice.

Internet Explorer or Firefox is a third party software, and so too is this forum! AHHHH... WE ALL COULD BE IN TROUBLE! :) ;)

A little late, but I'd like to see them do it...sorry...I don't use clickers and those that do should be locked.

'Me fingers are 'me clickers

Nothing else needed - But I can understand why people use them, some people even need to use them

either they caught you with an autoclicker or something, or some other program that's similar (not sure if they have a way to catch PE assistant yet? - I never used it)... ask support so that they can clarify. Also, if you didn't autoclick, and you are being blamed for it, ask why, etc. and what proof is.

OH NO... Just made a realization..

Internet Explorer or Firefox is a third party software, and so too is this forum! AHHHH... WE ALL COULD BE IN TROUBLE! :) ;)

I understand that Explorer or Firefox is a third party software, how can someone guess Im running PEass nad report me. In the email I got it says "reports" meening more then one avatar??? have reported me.

...OR am I miss reading this email completely and it actually meens, Mindark have issued out reports to support team... etc... so that the real problem is a software that is running in the background?

Sendt supportcase now to clear atleast that up.

maybe a bad haircut .. or a violation against decent dress code colours :dunno: ?

Sorry, not funny :D then again, never claimed I was ;)

Gl

U got a warning atleast;)

I got this in the mail today:

Now who in Entropia dont like me, please raise your hand.

Now I figure this has something to do with my scanning in twin during the 3x skill event. Personly I dont go around reporting everyone who is skilling on basic filters. So not sure what to do. Stop scanning...:scratch2: :laugh:

I know there was alot of people standing around scanning the 3x skill event, have anyone else been reported?

What group of players can gain something from my lock ;) :D

I think that they just wanna ask you kindly to switch to blue, black or green that the ladies can wear pink again :)

Dear MA support.
Thank you for your recent E-Mail (Copy of email quoted here).
I will gladly stop using third party software, however I find that when I remove all 3rd party software that interacts with EU from my PC, EU stops working. (Windows XP/Vista included as it is, after all, 3rd party software.)
I look forward to receiving a new operating system CD written by Mindark, complete with all necessary drivers for my hardware, in the post soon.
I realise it might take your software department some months to write this Operating system, so look forward to your suggestions as to what all your customers should do in the meantime.

P.S. I wrote this message in an internet Café, so do not worry, I have not re-installed any 3rd party software.

Dear MA support.
Thank you for your recent E-Mail (Copy of email quoted here).
I will gladly stop using third party software, however I find that when I remove all 3rd party software that interacts with EU from my PC, EU stops working. (Windows XP/Vista included as it is, after all, 3rd party software.)
I look forward to receiving a new operating system CD written by Mindark, complete with all necessary drivers for my hardware, in the post soon.
I realise it might take your software department some months to write this Operating system, so look forward to your suggestions as to what all your customers should do in the meantime.

P.S. I wrote this message in an internet Café, so do not worry, I have not re-installed any 3rd party software.

heheheheheeheehehee

It's a conspiracy of tasteless people who don't like the pink color :silly2:

Hmmm.... :scratch2:
Damn. Well I guess MA has a point. If it's being used to gain an advantage, then yes you should be banned (I am not sayin gyou are using it, just generally speaking)

But there are a lot of people in EU who do stuff that is against the EULA, like scamming, advertising web sites in chat, etc.

Maybe, you should just stop playing for a while till it cools down, or just write them back and find out exactly what it is you are doing. I mean they have to provide proof right? If they can't or won't provide it, heck I'd get all legal on their asses. And when I say proof, I mean Screen shots, webcam footage in your house, or code that shows you were doing something wrong.

I certainly hope that MA would not ban someone simply on the words of others, even if those words are from several different people.

That almost sounds like the emails from others I saw posted about some third party programs being flagged by MA. The "reports" part in your email though is bit ambiguous. Do they mean reports from their team as you said or other players? Either way if you have an ac you can probably guess what it is. If not then definitely more help and clarification from support would be nice. I think someone was trying to put together a list of other programs that would cause MA to take notice like graphics accelerators and such. Hard to say without concrete facts. I know I burned up a few scanners without incident.

Jaas I don`t think they have to provide any evidence. They according to EULA can terminate any account at any time for any reason, no explaination needed. It`s funny how people talk about all the other "confidence issues" while overlooking this first big signpost.

Let us know what they say back please. I have nothing against people who use clickers. It was to my understanding that the EU rules stated something along that lines that the only software that can't be used is software that gives players and unfair advantage. They need to define that, because in my mind a player can click so why can't a program. If what they are referring to is autoclicking, then that should be clearly stated in the rules. The only thing that annoyed me during the 3x were auto dodge/evade players who ran out into 100s of mobs with a big Fap, and just fapped away, then repeated, causeing mobs to run everywhere and getting people trained to death. Auto clicking for scanning/crafting/ whatever just seems to be a time saver to me, not an unfair advantage. I wish you the best and please let us know whats going on. If they say its for autoclicking I will be as I'm sure others will, send a support case saying thats a load of you know what.

Mindark appear to have an inconsistent policy towards third party software.

Xfire - Encouraged
FRAPS - Recommended (no screenshot function within Entropia yet)
PE-Ass - No offical comment
Autoclickers - Disallowed but a blind eye often turned towards them

However, Mindark have spoken, so you'd better stop whatever it is you are doing.

*raises her hand*

I'm kidding .. seriously Kimmi - I hope you get it figured out.

The best way to figure it out - imo - would be to not use an autoclicker. :dunno:

Why not use the diplomatic approach, Kimmi?

"DEAR SUPPORT! RAWR, UP YOURS BUDDY, I KNOW WHERE YOUR CHILDREN GO TO SKOOL!".

In all seriousness, try asking theme xactly what it is they want you to stop? It's kind of hard to guess what MA hints at (though you might be aware, in which case I would highly advise you to share it with the community, so everyone posting advice at least knows all the details).

In other words: More info needed.

Why not use the diplomatic approach, Kimmi?

"DEAR SUPPORT! RAWR, UP YOURS BUDDY, I KNOW WHERE YOUR CHILDREN GO TO SKOOL!".

In all seriousness, try asking theme xactly what it is they want you to stop? It's kind of hard to guess what MA hints at (though you might be aware, in which case I would highly advise you to share it with the community, so everyone posting advice at least knows all the details).

In other words: More info needed.

yeah a support case is sendt, hopefully I will get a reply duing the next week. If it just was some scanning-clicking accident then its easy to fix.

but if it is a 3rd party program that I dont know of. It gonna be really difficuly to figure out. I have two computers as main gaming computers, one desktop and laptop. So I would have to go thru all background processes on those two. They are both 1year old and never been reinstalled since I bought them.

I know a person who got a very similar e mail and was locked during an investigation for about.. 20 hours. From knowing your details AND knowing this guys details.. autoclicker is what did you in :D

MA ended up asking him not to do it and to take this first offense as a warning.

I bet someone (ones?) sent screen shots of people standing scanning for long periods without moving or responding to chat, since they said they had "reports" and not that they actually identified you were doing something wrong. Standing around certainly doesn't mean you were doing anything wrong and there were a lot of people standing around scanning during 3x skilling. Frankly I ignored them as I went about my own business.

Hope MA gives you some info - it seems unfair to take action without disclosing evidence to the accused. And if they are starting to crackdown on potential "clickers" they should address the ambiguity so they can do it consistently.

I understand that Explorer or Firefox is a third party software, how can someone guess Im running PEass nad report me. In the email I got it says "reports" meening more then one avatar??? have reported me.

...OR am I miss reading this email completely and it actually meens, Mindark have issued out reports to support team... etc... so that the real problem is a software that is running in the background?

Sendt supportcase now to clear atleast that up.

Unless they changed their policy for the new year, I don't think they're too upset over PEAss. Twice now I've sent them screenshots with PEAss generated file names that also clearly show it running, and they haven't said boo about it (hm, maybe I should check my email). Other than rapidly taking taking screen shots, which is an "unfair advantage" against scammers and other knuckledragging lowlifes, it seems pretty harmless to me.

As for the plural "reports," perhaps it's a result of the paste-and-cut responses. After all why have two pre-generated messages when one will do the job. ;)

Hope you get it this straightened out :)

If it just was some scanning-clicking accident then its easy to fix.

:laugh:

Honest Judge, it was an accident that I download/installed/started and proceeded to use an auto clicker to gain skills during the 3X skilling period. An accident I tell you.

:silly2:

It would probably be a good place to start by removing the auto-clicker don't you think :scratch2:

:laugh: I think MA hired Kafka to write their E-mails...

Originally Posted by MINDARK
Dear Participant, We regret having to inform you that we have received reports on your avatar. According to these reports you are using non approved channels to gain advantages within the Entropia Universe. Should these accusations be true, we kindly ask you to stop this kind of behavior. As clearly stated in the EULA, using third party software is a violation which can lead to a permanent termination of your Entropia Universe Account without further notice. Note; this is a no-reply email. Contact with Support can be made via the support section of the website.
Kind regards,Entropia Universe Support

Yet another Mindark blooper!!

I have gotten response from other Entropia Players getting the same Email I got.
This all due to a missunderstaning, someone thought we where using autoclickers when scanning 5days straight, 24/7. This is ofc not true :D

What have we learned of this.
1 - Never scan publicly in twin anymore.
2 - My hunting bot is still safe.

Since this was a warning from MA, meening next time is a Strike and your out.
I have no other options then to:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/selling/138572-selling-es500-scanner.html
Buying Scan Human skills

Since I know why and how I got up in this mess, and how to fix it.

Where did I last see auktuma.... :scratch2: :D

Status
Back