FYI: You asked for my hitrate

Legion

Marauder
Society
Supremacy Reign
Iam Flatline Legion
Using my mining theory here is my latest run.

The theory is that skillgains tell you where to go.

Ped used 150, ped back 129. Got some nice markup ore but mainly not so high.

Amount of drops 200
amount of hits 49
Hitrate = and me and maths make that a ~25% hitrate.

I have to say this though, i did screw up quite a bit on some spots and confused myself :p it would be a whole lot easier with a program that tells me where to go so i dont screw up. And also i did not find the vein directly, which lowers the hitrate sligthly. I'll update this thread when i dont screw up :p

And also i have had to make a minor adjustment to the theory.

And here is what the vein looked like, it was all over the place as you can see.

Dude 49/200 is 25% at best:) Where are you getting 29%?

Meh, i get a higher hit rate every day without beleiving skill gains are guiding me. Not at all convinced in your theory.

Meh, i get a higher hit rate every day without beleiving skill gains are guiding me. Not at all convinced in your theory.

Maybe so, but as i said i screwed up a couple of times and would probably been doing better if i didnt.

I don't mean to sound rude, but what is this meant to prove?
Your hit rate seems to coincide with the majority of people (personally mine is closer to 30% but that's besides the point) and the pattern of claims could be attributed to many things, mainly (imo) the fact you were running in that direction/pattern. I'm sure if I ran in a square shape my claims would show up as a square shape too...
Again, I don't mean to sound rude, just making an observation.

My hit rate is around 28% in the long run.

The difference between 25 and 28% might be explained by the fact that your drops overlap quite a bit when I look at the graph...

Interesting graph though, good luck mining !

I don't mean to sound rude, but what is this meant to prove?
Your hit rate seems to coincide with the majority of people (personally mine is closer to 30% but that's besides the point) and the pattern of claims could be attributed to many things, mainly (imo) the fact you were running in that direction/pattern. I'm sure if I ran in a square shape my claims would show up as a square shape too...
Again, I don't mean to sound rude, just making an observation.

It's not meant to prove anything, but people wanted to know my hitrate using my skillgain teqnique so that's why i posted this. Although i have understood why it's so low now and will change how i mine slightly. And also i will try to not screw it up again then the hitrate should go up. And i didnt run in a square, i ran the direction of the vein. :)

My hit rate is around 28% in the long run.

The difference between 25 and 28% might be explained by the fact that your drops overlap quite a bit when I look at the graph...

Interesting graph though, good luck mining !

The reason why it's overlapping is due to that is where my skillgains tell me to drop, although some is due to me confusing myself and not following the vein :p

It's not meant to prove anything, but people wanted to know my hitrate using my skillgain teqnique so that's why i posted this. Although i have understood why it's so low now and will change how i mine slightly. And also i will try to not screw it up again then the hitrate should go up. And i didnt run in a square, i ran the direction of the vein. :)

The reason why it's overlapping is due to that is where my skillgains tell me to drop, although some is due to me confusing myself and not following the vein :p
What if there isn't any veins in the system?

I know you weren't running in a square :silly2:
I was just speculating that if I were to run in a square (eg: 1km x 1km) it is likely that a pattern similar to that of a square would appear ;)

I know you weren't running in a square :silly2:
I was just speculating that if I were to run in a square (eg: 1km x 1km) it is likely that a pattern similar to that of a square would appear ;)

ah :p and to short

Nice to see you thinking about it but veins have disappeared long time ago. Just becouse it became too easy for some to follow them and profit mining.

Also 25% hitrate is achieved by any random miner nowdays using any technique.

Imho.

Nice to see you thinking about it but veins have disappeared long time ago. Just becouse it became too easy for some to follow them and profit mining.

Also 25% hitrate is achieved by any random miner nowdays using any technique.

Imho.

No veins still exist, but they just dont look the same way as they used to.

And yes i know, that's why i'm gonna tweak how i mine, not changing what the skillgains mean though but how i do the mining. :)

The only useful observation I can make (which should explain your hit rate being on the lower side) is that you overlapped your drops waaaaay too many times.

I do some overlapping myself I must say but yours is quite something :D

The only useful observation I can make (which should explain your hit rate being on the lower side) is that you overlapped your drops waaaaay too many times.

I do some overlapping myself I must say but yours is quite something :D

The reason i overlap is that my skills tell me to drop there, and everytime i get a hit, IF i interpret the skillgain correct. But my low hitrate is due to double bombing. So i will from now on only double bomb when my skillgains tell me to. :)

It is not in the best interest of mining in general, to beat each other down, it's fine saying Ok If you are such an uber-miner prove it.

Easier said than done, threads like these are not meant to prove a miner's uberness, they are there to prove that the system is not random...

The spiral formula a few years back proved that for me without a shadow of a doubt, now it's completely different, or so it may seem.

Lets look at the facts however.....

Each mining tool has a range, a depth and a "timer" of sorts in the form of attempts per minute which is 8.

The reason that I took a look at a spiral type model was because of the timer. 8 claim attempts in 1 minute. I expanded that into one hour as placing 8 bombs / probed within the space of a minute would be quite troublsome. The math may not be exact but the results were stunning, near 100% hitrate, I could even tell which type of resource was where.

The key to Mindark's system I firmly believe is located in the frequency of hofs, that is most likely the apex of a set of numbers. Later on today, hopefully I will be posting the spiral theory (yes again) as it forms a good basis for using other math functions in Entropia Universe.

I already have a function in mind that I want to try, the method just eludes me as how to implement it, and seeing that it is untested it will NOT be posted.

I have finaly gotten fast enough, when doing both ores and enmatter, to drop bomb/probes continuesly, that's 8 drops per minute or 480 drops per hour. As I usually do 200+200 runs, this is great as I will not spend hours and hours on my mining runs. Well, of course theres still the problem with expirering claims, but still, not taking wasted time in to account, I still have 10 minutes, after I'm done dropping bomb/probes, to tp back to the claim with the least time left, and to extracting those precious ores and enmatters.

I have no idea why I wrote all this as it has noting to do with the subject, that just me being weird as usual, however, when it comes to hit rate, this has made it more clear to me how high ot low it is and I don't think I have ever experienced hitrates below 25% when doing runs which are long enough.

Do I use some sort of system? That's a big no. I usually have a starting point and an end point or I simply carpet bomb some are I've chosen.

So, enless you change that 25% hit rate to something higher, that is not an argument you can use.

I'm gonna press submit now... at least I think so... here goes...

Well there is, and you can see it in the pic. :)

The picture shows your mining path. Not a vein. Mine the whole picture grid and see what you get. What you will see is where someone else may have recently passed. Depending on regen.

Well there is, and you can see it in the pic. :)

i can bet that if you would run in the same pattern horizontally not vertically - you would get very similar result so this proves nothing

edit : btw VEIN by old PE definition is multiple claimhits in a row without single miss. so this big and very nice looking picture is not a vein. but still interesting and neat data though. :)

Claim % hits bolded in red...

105 103 amp 29.20% 1,120 bombs
105 102 amp 31.22% 1,960 bombs
TK120(L) 102 amp run 1 28.83% 1,960 bombs
TK120(L) 102 amp run 2 26.58% 1,960 bombs
TK120(L) no amp 28.30% 2,000 bombs
105 103 amp (2 amps) 30.83% 2,240 bombs

Oh come on Legion.
You always know how everything works and if you shall prove it you messed something up, MA did change something or whatever. How can someone be so stubborn and not willing to realize that he is totally wrong?

The picture shows your mining path. Not a vein. Mine the whole picture grid and see what you get. What you will see is where someone else may have recently passed. Depending on regen.

Well i call that a vein atleast, as it is something that i follow, and the misses i have is because the "vein" or whatever you want to call it changes direction.

i can bet that if you would run in the same pattern horizontally not vertically - you would get very similar result so this proves nothing

edit : btw VEIN by old PE definition is multiple claimhits in a row without single miss. so this big and very nice looking picture is not a vein. but still interesting and neat data though. :)

And yes i know exactly what the old veins are, i was in cot so :p But i still claim this to be a vein it just dont look like the old ones.

Oh come on Legion.
You always know how everything works and if you shall prove it you messed something up, MA did change something or whatever. How can someone be so stubborn and not willing to realize that he is totally wrong?

Because my system works flawlesly?

Yes sure, absolutely flawlessly... :laugh:
It´s nothing personal but don´t you think it´s time to wake up?

nope, because it does work. Your entitled to not belive so but check the pic how close i am on most hits.

when will we see more... im eager to see if ur hit rate is 25% all the time.. my aint no matter how i mine... ur style or not

Because my system works flawlesly?

Ummmmm, i'd hardly call 25% hitrate flawless. :scratch2:

I get a higher hitrate running and dropping willy-nilly.... :laugh:

nope, because it does work. Your entitled to not belive so but check the pic how close i am on most hits.

"close"

In this case it just might be the differing definition of the word "flawless".

dunno...

when will we see more... im eager to see if ur hit rate is 25% all the time.. my aint no matter how i mine... ur style or not

As soon as i get to mine some more :p

Ummmmm, i'd hardly call 25% hitrate flawless. :scratch2:

I get a higher hitrate running and dropping willy-nilly.... :laugh:
Well as i said before, it's because i have been double dropping on each spot, which i shouldnt do. But i'll update soon.

"close"

In this case it just might be the differenting definition of the word "flawless".

dunno...

By that i mean check where i drop the bomb and where the find ends up.

Back