FYI: You asked for my hitrate

Well, tbh Legion, i'm still confused as to what's so amazing about this so called system????

I'm not seeing anything different.

What is your pretty little picture supposed to prove??

I've always double bombed, and drop fairly close together when the hitrate is good.....spread em out when the hitrate is bad.

Sometimes I get lots of cliams close together...sometimes not.

Sometimes I get 3-4-5 claims bombing in a single spot.

Sometimes I could carpet bomb the same area and get 0 claims.

Maybe it's a language barrier??? Am I missing something here??? :scratch2::scratch2:

:laugh:

wtflol legion??

You start telling about veins and telling that 25% is uber hitrate and you are a genious?

When i run in direct line and drop bombs, my hitrate is usually bit under 30

The reason i overlap is that my skills tell me to drop there, and everytime i get a hit, IF i interpret the skillgain correct. But my low hitrate is due to double bombing. So i will from now on only double bomb when my skillgains tell me to. :)

Aaah! Another revolutionary mining theory :scratch2:

wtflol legion??

You start telling about veins and telling that 25% is uber hitrate and you are a genious?

When i run in direct line and drop bombs, my hitrate is usually bit under 30

if you read the entire thread you would know why it was so low as i explained it.

i got 25% hitrate too, just every time those sucky XIIs :mad::mad:

1) Start talking of a system when you get between 30-50% hit rates.
2) Get those hit rates from an area you have mined and hence know blindfolded.
3) You are not required to double-bomb when following a vein theory unless you got 2 possible veins mixed or crossing each other.
4) Once you start getting 30-50% hit rates ( if that will ever happen ), shut up and don't post anything cause you'll soon have no spaces to mine anymore :).

10% luck , 40% knowledge , 50% affordability is pretty much what i have come to believe are the requirements for the winning system.

Dude 49/200 is 25% at best:) Where are you getting 29%?

Those are prety much common hitrates. 20%-30% are kinda common thing. Such hitrates you can get if you just run blindly and bombs every 100m. No need for deep theories here.
I am not sayin skill gains means nothing, i am just curios, how do you know which DIRECTION to go,after you got skillgain? :D Specialy when some of them indicated deposit relatively far - 150-200m? Ok, you cancel dirrection from which one you "arrived". But still have like at least 3 ways to go....

1) Start talking of a system when you get between 30-50% hit rates.
2) Get those hit rates from an area you have mined and hence know blindfolded.
3) You are not required to double-bomb when following a vein theory unless you got 2 possible veins mixed or crossing each other.
4) Once you start getting 30-50% hit rates ( if that will ever happen ), shut up and don't post anything cause you'll soon have no spaces to mine anymore :).

10% luck , 40% knowledge , 50% affordability is pretty much what i have come to believe are the requirements for the winning system.

Well thing is with this system i dont have to know the area, i just pick a spot and mine it. And no i know, i shouldnt double bomb which i did last run but as i said gonna change that which should up the hitrate.

Those are prety much common hitrates. 20%-30% are kinda common thing. Such hitrates you can get if you just run blindly and bombs every 100m. No need for deep theories here.
I am not sayin skill gains means nothing, i am just curios, how do you know which DIRECTION to go,after you got skillgain? :D Specialy when some of them indicated deposit relatively far - 150-200m? Ok, you cancel dirrection from which one you "arrived". But still have like at least 3 ways to go....

I know what direction by what skillgain i get, more than that i wont say. :)

I know what direction by what skillgain i get, more than that i wont say. :)

Ofcourse you wont, cause you arnt sure. Specialy if you getting kinda low or average hit rate % by using almost flawless system, at least you told so :D
I got few runs with 40% hitrate w/o using anything special or bothering about skillgain exept MS. Just bombing my regular mining fields. But it was just my payback time nothing more.

Ofcourse you wont, cause you arnt sure. Specialy if you getting kinda low or average hit rate % by using almost flawless system, at least you told so :D
I got few runs with 40% hitrate w/o using anything special or bothering about skillgain exept MS. Just bombing my regular mining fields. But it was just my payback time nothing more.

i'm dead sure i can tell you :)

Actually...any data we have gathered to this point is completely useless until it is retested with the new VU. :)

Agreeing with Morse above, it sounds insane to know the direction you should go from skill gain... For a deposit of 200m away you have approximately 21-22 directions to get a hit ... For a deposit just 100m away, you have 11 possible directions (rough math by the way.. nothing precise since I am at work :p). How many different skill gains are there? 4 mining related ones, 2 general and 1 attribute? I fail to see how the skill gain will show you direction :scratch2: .. but even if you knew direction, you still have to figure out the distance.. claim anywhere between 50-1000 metres one direction can be expensive to find :D

I would probably start believing you have something there if you would present some results where after a few rounds you get consistently above 40% hit rate. But 20-35% hit rate rounds don't mean much.

Actually...any data we have gathered to this point is completely useless until it is retested with the new VU. :)

hehe true that :p

Agreeing with Morse above, it sounds insane to know the direction you should go from skill gain... For a deposit of 200m away you have approximately 21-22 directions to get a hit ... For a deposit just 100m away, you have 11 possible directions (rough math by the way.. nothing precise since I am at work :p). How many different skill gains are there? 4 mining related ones, 2 general and 1 attribute? I fail to see how the skill gain will show you direction :scratch2: .. but even if you knew direction, you still have to figure out the distance.. claim anywhere between 50-1000 metres one direction can be expensive to find :D

I would probably start believing you have something there if you would present some results where after a few rounds you get consistently above 40% hit rate. But 20-35% hit rate rounds don't mean much.

surv, prosp, geo, cga, mineralsense(which i dont have yet), miner, those are what we have.

But no, i go max 75m'ish. :)

I'd like to try this "theory"?

Quickly do a mining run again, please! =]

Maybe so, but as i said i screwed up a couple of times and would probably been doing better if i didnt.

Your theories seem to ALLWYAS be followed by excuses why they don't work.

My hit rate is around 60% o_O. I feel sorry for you XD

surv, prosp, geo, cga, mineralsense(which i dont have yet), miner, those are what we have.

Hey Legion,

Why do you not include serendipity and perception in your calculations?

The picture shows your mining path. Not a vein. Mine the whole picture grid and see what you get. What you will see is where someone else may have recently passed. Depending on regen.

This is an excellent point from which to begin. Thanks Westy!

First, define the term: Vein.
Last I checked, when using this term with mining of any type, it means a consistent line of hits of the SAME RESOURCE. I could go on all day and produce your pattern, but it won't be considered a "vein" unless it was all the same stuff, be it oil or lyst or whatever. Do not report any hits on resources that you are not tracking.

Next, prove that it is consistent.
Do this by mining the same area month after month and pulling up the same stuff as before in approximately the same pattern or area. Again, do not report any resources that you are not tracking. Be thorough. VERY thorough.

Finally, prove your point.
Publish your data in a way we all can understand. Show an image if you must, but numbers and coords speak volumes. If you are concerned about protecting your mining area (considering the sheer numbers of miners, not much you can do about it) then block out the FIRST digit of the coords and don't tell the continent.

I'm not trying to bust or make your theory here, Legion. I'm telling you that you'll get a LOT more credibility if you present things better. Put this all in a serious format, without any *secret formula* stuff, and we'll see about believing you. Until then, be happy that you are running near an average hit rate. We all have good and bad days.

GL to you.

100m from a set location, its SIX possible deposits max without overlapping...

interesting but still I got probz when I mine I end up bombing all over the place anyway :D

Your theories seem to ALLWYAS be followed by excuses why they don't work.

Well if i do screw up on a run what should i say? and it is pretty easy to screw up when you keep it only in your head. Ie the skillgains i get.

Hey Legion,

Why do you not include serendipity and perception in your calculations?

Well i do, but they dont really tell you where to go, atleast not perception. It only tells you something about the area sort of. And serendipity i havent figured out what it means but dont really have to as the other parts is enough.

This is an excellent point from which to begin. Thanks Westy!

First, define the term: Vein.
Last I checked, when using this term with mining of any type, it means a consistent line of hits of the SAME RESOURCE. I could go on all day and produce your pattern, but it won't be considered a "vein" unless it was all the same stuff, be it oil or lyst or whatever. Do not report any hits on resources that you are not tracking.

Next, prove that it is consistent.
Do this by mining the same area month after month and pulling up the same stuff as before in approximately the same pattern or area. Again, do not report any resources that you are not tracking. Be thorough. VERY thorough.

Finally, prove your point.
Publish your data in a way we all can understand. Show an image if you must, but numbers and coords speak volumes. If you are concerned about protecting your mining area (considering the sheer numbers of miners, not much you can do about it) then block out the FIRST digit of the coords and don't tell the continent.

I'm not trying to bust or make your theory here, Legion. I'm telling you that you'll get a LOT more credibility if you present things better. Put this all in a serious format, without any *secret formula* stuff, and we'll see about believing you. Until then, be happy that you are running near an average hit rate. We all have good and bad days.

GL to you.

A vein is simply a string of repeated hits, and no it does not have to be of the same type.

I care squat about the areas i mine, as if you mine one deposit another one repop almost instantly. And also the pattern doesnt have anythign to do with it, it's a randompatterned veins that i follow.

And i'm thinking about just blurting it all out, mindark aint replying to my questions so i'll just screw em instead if they dont respond :p But as i see this as a feature i'm quite sure they wont change it.

all said on page 1 and 4 (and i bet on the other pages too, didnt read em though)

next theory?

This is a bit like all the stock advisers that claim to be expert, they know how the system works and will give you great profits if you follow them, often it's been proven that monkeys are small children that pick stocks randomly get just as good or even better results :laugh:

...And also the pattern doesnt have anythign to do with it, it's a randompatterned veins that i follow...

randompatterned veins...:scratch2: Not quite sure I understand you there, Legion... Could you give a little more detail?

Wonder how many mining theories we have now, anyway either one of them work.

I run in straight lines, never dubblebomb or go after any type of "miningtheories" with a constant hitrate of 28-29%

My theory: Random claimsize, constant hitrate.

randompatterned veins...:scratch2: Not quite sure I understand you there, Legion... Could you give a little more detail?

The pattern of the vein is random sort of, but they come in a long string of hits, as you can see in the pic above.

The pattern of the vein is random sort of, but they come in a long string of hits, as you can see in the pic above.

Legion - With a hitrate below 30%, I'm pretty sure the image would look pretty much the same nomatter which route you ran.

I know you said that you made mistakes etc... But try to carpet bomb a 1000m * 1000m square area and see how it will look... Try to run 2000 bombs in a pattern that will spell your name and see what you will get...

Allmost willing to bet you that I can write HOF with claims if I ran the correct route...

The image still shows nothing at all - Your explanations shows nothing at all (Just like everything else you have said the entire time I known you hehe) I don't have anything against you really, so don't take it as a bashing or something like that, you know how I am :) But dude, you are holding on to a hope that you have found the holy grale or something, and still you are getting about same hitrate as I can get on CND with a bit of luck... :laugh:

Legion - With a hitrate below 30%, I'm pretty sure the image would look pretty much the same nomatter which route you ran.

I know you said that you made mistakes etc... But try to carpet bomb a 1000m * 1000m square area and see how it will look... Try to run 2000 bombs in a pattern that will spell your name and see what you will get...

Allmost willing to bet you that I can write HOF with claims if I ran the correct route...

The image still shows nothing at all - Your explanations shows nothing at all (Just like everything else you have said the entire time I known you hehe) I don't have anything against you really, so don't take it as a bashing or something like that, you know how I am :) But dude, you are holding on to a hope that you have found the holy grale or something, and still you are getting about same hitrate as I can get on CND with a bit of luck... :laugh:

sure it would look the same if you carpetbombed, as you would have found everything, but you will also get a hell of a lot of misses. But if you can use my theory and not screw up you will get a better hitrate and thus you will make a better profit as you wont miss as much.

sure it would look the same if you carpetbombed, as you would have found everything, but you will also get a hell of a lot of misses. But if you can use my theory and not screw up you will get a better hitrate and thus you will make a better profit as you wont miss as much.

I think what Waheed and everybody else is trying to tell you is this:
If you take a random simulator with a hit-rate of 30% on a grid (nothing to do with EU, can be easily done with excel, matlab or other programs), you will get patterns that look exactly like yours.

The fact that a random simulator can get the same patterns as your mining method doesn't prove you are wrong or that the mining system is random. However, it does mean that the patterns you are seeing and presenting do not prove your theory or even increase the chances of it being correct.
If you are serious about proving your theories there have been plenty of suggestions in your threads how to test it with a scientific approach.

I suggest you do some reading on topics such as: random process, gambler's fallacy and brownian movement (as Nyxy already mentioned).

Back