So, If your reader stops working or gold card...

RexExtreme

Dominant
Society
CRIMSON DEVILS
Renee Rex Extreme
Are you just screwed for a few months? I just sent in support case. I have never had it this bad.

Error 72, Error 73, Error 76...Over and over all day.

this would happen once in awhile but NEVER a code? This has not happened to me yet. Only had this gold card less then one year.

Can anyone else explain their experience in getting a new reader if you live in USA?

And I cant tell if its the reader or the card, because no one around me here in LA. Plays...

So...If anyone can tell me what to expect, that would be great.

try changing the batteries and also clean the contacts on the card before asking for a new one

try changing the batteries and also clean the contacts on the card before asking for a new one

Thank you for your reply, I cleaned the card with a wipe with cleaner on it. So, I should open up the reader and replace the battery? Hmm... Okay. Thanks :)

Does anyone have a screwdriver small enough to fit the back of this reader? if so please send me a pm lol :laugh:

Find anyone that wears glasses. The screwdriver that fits the glasses should also fit the back of the reader.

Edit: Better yet, go to Walmart and grab the glasses "repair kit" for like $10. Done and done.

Find anyone that wears glasses. The screwdriver that fits the glasses should also fit the back of the reader.

Edit: Better yet, go to Walmart and grab the glasses "repair kit" for like $10. Done and done.

:eek: Will do.... :) Thanks!

I realise it's not very helpful for you with your current problem, but this is why I bought a spare reader a while ago. If it's really broken and changing the battery doesnt work, you'll have to wait a while for MA to send you a replacement one (and only after you've sent them the broken one).

With a spare reader you can use that to log in while you're waiting for the replacement to arrive.

I realise it's not very helpful for you with your current problem, but this is why I bought a spare reader a while ago. If it's really broken and changing the battery doesnt work, you'll have to wait a while for MA to send you a replacement one (and only after you've sent them the broken one).

With a spare reader you can use that to log in while you're waiting for the replacement to arrive.

Hi Oleg,

Yes, I have read about people doing this...Now I do this on the new Planet Calypso website, and I don't have to have my gold card working to order it?
If not I will order one right now and have a spare. Excellent idea.

Thank you :)

Hi Oleg,

Yes, I have read about people doing this...Now I do this on the new Planet Calypso website, and I don't have to have my gold card working to order it?
If not I will order one right now and have a spare. Excellent idea.

Thank you :)

I don't know if you can do that, but worth a look. I bought mine from the TT which is no longer possible and obviously required a working card and reader to be able to log in.

Are you just screwed for a few months? I just sent in support case. I have never had it this bad.

Error 72, Error 73, Error 76...Over and over all day.

this would happen once in awhile but NEVER a code? This has not happened to me yet. Only had this gold card less then one year.

Can anyone else explain their experience in getting a new reader if you live in USA?

And I cant tell if its the reader or the card, because no one around me here in LA. Plays...

So...If anyone can tell me what to expect, that would be great.

I too tend to get the same error reads over and over again. Try inserting the card slowly, it works for me :)

Just wanted to thank both of you for your advice.

I went to store purchased eye glass repair kit. $1.99
Sat in car and unscrewed 3 of the screws to find out what type of batteries were in it: (3V 2016 flat nickel batteries).

Went back in store, bought the batteries $6.99

Came home, put the new batteries in and screwed that puppy back together.

Wala! It works! Time and Effort: "Priceless"

Thanks guys! :cool:

Hey hey well done!
Glad you were able to fix it on your own.

Just wanted to thank both of you for your advice.

I went to store purchased eye glass repair kit. $1.99
Sat in car and unscrewed 3 of the screws to find out what type of batteries were in it: (3V 2016 flat nickel batteries).

Went back in store, bought the batteries $6.99

Came home, put the new batteries in and screwed that puppy back together.

Wala! It works! Time and Effort: "Priceless"

Thanks guys! :cool:

I hate Gold Card Reader fault related panics like this :)

glad it works now :yay:

Hey hey well done!
Glad you were able to fix it on your own.

:yay: Me too! Thanks ELVENSON!:silly2:

And this goes out to anyone who has trouble with their reader. Those are the types of batteries the reader takes. And it takes two baby!

Buy 2 readers, when one breaks send it in and use the other one.

Does anyone know....I bought GC and reader prior to "free" GC offer if u have depo'd enough. Can I still get a 2nd reader for free since I haven't gotten a free one?

Does anyone know....I bought GC and reader prior to "free" GC offer if u have depo'd enough. Can I still get a 2nd reader for free since I haven't gotten a free one?

No free one for you. I had to pay to get another.

Does anyone have a screwdriver small enough to fit the back of this reader? if so please send me a pm lol :laugh:

As It happens, I have such.
I use it to open up car-alarm remotes at work to change the batteries.
As you are now sorted, I won't bother with the Pm though... ;)

The screwdriver you need to open the case is a #0 phillips head.

While you're in there, it might not hurt to inspect the card contacts and switch assembly. My reader was requiring me to press firmly on the face to get a reading, so I took a 2mm flat balde screwdriver, inderted it under the arch of each card contact, and lifted them slightly to compensate for wear and metal fatigue. Be Careful to to exert too much force!!!

AG, having just done this and trying to do constructive stuff while he can't log in.

Necro but just to confirm my brand new gold card reader behaved like this. I changed the batteries and it worked.

Maybe it was sitting on a shelf since 2009? :D

Hell yes, Necro, but not outdated. Such thing may happen anytime again :D

Sidenote: Some years ago, my reader was really broken. Replacement by MA within 3 days, but I live in europe, other continent may take a few days more.

Another sidenote: my sister is playing EU, too and if one of our readers will break we can use each others reader.

IF card breaks, hell only MA can help with that :)
Glad that never happened to me so far.

76 Batteries ARE LOW!

76 Batteries ARE LOW! Ditto!

my readers been giving me error the past 5+ years.. but in the end it still always gives the code

Best I can say

Mine is problematic too! Just watch the... Burning man vids and try again or purchase batteries!

76 Batteries ARE LOW! Ditto!

Hello and welcome to 2017,

we have this thing called Entropia Pocket, try it out. It is completely free, and it doesn't give any low battery errors or similar (unless you keep forgetting to charge your mobile phone)

Or simply undo the screws to the reader and replace the batteries. Kinda simple as that.

my readers been giving me error the past 5+ years.. but in the end it still always gives the code

Why not order a new reader for free in the past 5 years? I've had a reader that started to malfunction (talking 2011 here) and all I did was a support case and they sent me a new one for free. Yeah, they even did send it to Scotland in just two days or so when I moved from Sweden to Scotland and had a craving for EU all of a sudden..

Entropia pocket eliminates all the problems that I used to have with reader/card etc.. and if I against all odds lose my phone, I can still have entropia pocket on my tablet at home. Or send a support case with my ID and stuff to have them remove it temporarily and use another unit for it.

How long is one without a phone these days any way :D

Hello and welcome to 2017,

we have this thing called Entropia Pocket, try it out. It is completely free, and it doesn't give any low battery errors or similar (unless you keep forgetting to charge your mobile phone)

Or simply undo the screws to the reader and replace the batteries. Kinda simple as that.

Why not order a new reader for free in the past 5 years? I've had a reader that started to malfunction (talking 2011 here) and all I did was a support case and they sent me a new one for free. Yeah, they even did send it to Scotland in just two days or so when I moved from Sweden to Scotland and had a craving for EU all of a sudden..

Entropia pocket eliminates all the problems that I used to have with reader/card etc.. and if I against all odds lose my phone, I can still have entropia pocket on my tablet at home. Or send a support case with my ID and stuff to have them remove it temporarily and use another unit for it.

How long is one without a phone these days any way :D

i have a spare reader, but like i said, it has always given the code after few tries... so no need to swap yet.

I almost gave up on my reader this time. Error 72 and all. Even with the new Reader. Cleaned the card with no luck. Then when I almost gave up I licked the card and welll, it started working again? Did I show it love?

suggestion: don't pull the card out completly, only as much that the display turns off. it seems the contacts inside the reader are scratching tiny plastic pieces from the card, which seems to be a source for those errors...

got a reserve reader long time ago at leipzig games convention, but my first reader still didn't give up after 11.5 years. crazy huh?

:wtg:

Back