Can I give my Seredipity Back?

Tarponhuntr

Provider
Society
Wilddaemons Reloaded
Assura Azira Vonnegut
Of course I am just kidding, but I thought you guys may get a kick outta this. This is typical of life in EU sometimes. Up is Down , and Down is Up.
About a month ago I unlocked Serendipity :yay: And I was extremely happy. And understood that this would really help my ava.

Up until recently my little guy has been really fortunate throughout his enire life. He has a long list of globals , a tower , and several HOF's . So needless to say he's a little spoiled. And here comes the punchline.

Since unlocking serendipity , the rate of globals has literally been cut in half , if not more. The average return on a 100 or 200 ped hunt is 20- 30 ped for a 100 ped'r and about the same average for a 200 ped'r. The globals I have gotten have not been large enough to even make a solo hunt break even. ( more explanation of this later) In addition to all of this other luck I have received , I am down 3000 ped for the week. Thats pretty big for a little guy with only high 50's in evade, and an LR48. Here is what also makes this look funny. When hunting in a team , I almost always at least break even , and sometimes profit. But the minute that I go back to solo..... WAH, WAH, WAH ! It wont be long before my socmates won't even hunt with me ! :laugh:

Dont get me wrong this isnt a whining thread. I understand that everything is DYNAMIC :laugh: Things will definitely turn around at some point , but I found it terribly ironic that as soon as I inherited the skill that is supposed to make you more furtunate that , I became unfortunate. So just a word of advice, if you see my ava in game be sure to keep at least 6 feet between him and yourself. It might be contagious !:eek:

Happy hunting

Tarpon

actually quite funny

since some people would sweat that serendipity increases your chance to loot 2 times or so :D

and to answer it, yes you could

just chip out til you aren't lvl 30 anymore :silly2:

either way, i doubt its connected

the amount of globals and hofs didnt go back for me since i unlocked it (which was quite a while ago tho)

and a tower before serendipity

not many people can say that ^^

Serendipity will not affect your globals.... the icon of a skill in your skills menu can show what the skill can mean more than most "theories".. i unlocked serendipity and had no difference whatsoever regarding loots/globals.hofs... blah blah...etc etc.

the term you say is "fortunate"...again..look at the icon in your skills menu..it's about being lucky in combat not loots

in addition.. my rate of globals dropped to nothing after my last one early february this year and had my latest global today after near 3 months and i'm used to globaling at least once a week sometimes twice a day..look me up tracker to see what i mean.. maybe your drop in globals is due to a sudden drop in general loot...

Yeah , guys Im with ya. To clarify , I really dont think there is a connection. I just thought is was ironic. However , as one poster mentioned, the luck in combat is real. My number of critical hits has been way up. I have had as many as 3 crits in a row since the unlock. It just so happens that Im killin mobs faster , to find out that their cheap ass isn't carrying any loot. :laugh:

But again , please don't read the OP as being literal. I know there is know connection between bad loot , and serendipity

Anyway , thanks for the replies.

Tarpon

Hehehehe you'd be surprised about the things i think of that could influence loots in a good way or make them bad.... like keeping my loot window open will prevent good loots and also zooming fully out while looting, which are just pure presonal superstition etc etc..........and god knows what else.... LOL !

People told me things would go bad after unlocking serendipity and other unlocks. But for me I seem to get a "reward" loot around the times I unlock things or reach ranks etc. I look forward to them. It`s going to be different for everyone and playing style I think has alot to do with it. I do think though that as you progress in skills the hills and valleys of the loot cycle can get more pronounced. But then it stands to reason that the chances increase for a bigger loot or better item when you do score with higher skills. Take it all with a grain of salt and just keep doing your thing. The loot comes when it comes and sometimes there is nothing you can do to change course.

I read somewhere that it's do do with combat, mob attacks and dmg offered to armour, with serendipidydoodah it offers it there 1st to see if you get hit or not or something

People told me things would go bad after unlocking serendipity and other unlocks. But for me I seem to get a "reward" loot around the times I unlock things or reach ranks etc. I look forward to them. It`s going to be different for everyone and playing style I think has alot to do with it. I do think though that as you progress in skills the hills and valleys of the loot cycle can get more pronounced. But then it stands to reason that the chances increase for a bigger loot or better item when you do score with higher skills. Take it all with a grain of salt and just keep doing your thing. The loot comes when it comes and sometimes there is nothing you can do to change course.

i heard a comment from a hunter... while doing a tp run myslef and a hunter had crap loots.. then a freind of the guy that was helping me get tp's joined in on the tp run... all of a sudden we started getting good loots and the new team mate said "i have serendipty" that's why loots are now better since i joined you.... bullshit that's what i say... :D

:yay:
I think theory that seredipity decrease/increase loot is as rubish as a theory that business stimulus package supposed to reverse the economic down turn...

:yay:
I think theory that seredipity decrease/increase loot is as rubish as a theory that business stimulus package supposed to reverse the economic down turn...

If u hit crit chances are high that u woould get no loot......thats my observation

think its just a dose of good ole fashioned bad luck :)

GL getting out of it :laugh:

Hehehehe you'd be surprised about the things i think of that could influence loots in a good way or make them bad.... like keeping my loot window open will prevent good loots and also zooming fully out while looting, which are just pure presonal superstition etc etc..........and god knows what else.... LOL !

Funny that you mention that zooming out, has anyone noticed a zoom in then out just prior to something swirly coming along I wonder? When this happens (only when hunting) I find it really hard to stop a hunt even to go buy ammo in case I miss something :laugh:

t

Funny that you mention that zooming out, has anyone noticed a zoom in then out just prior to something swirly coming along I wonder? When this happens (only when hunting) I find it really hard to stop a hunt even to go buy ammo in case I miss something :laugh:

t

From my experience that zooming in is just a bad joke from MA.
I get it so often it really depresses me.
One of the reasons I rarely hunt exos.

Ironic, certainly...

Also, seems to be the Opposite of Serendipidy, surely...

Serendipidy means "A happy co-incidence"

Reminds me of the joy I felt when I finally got my Basic Screws BP to 100%, only for the returns from it to drop to almost zero from that day onwards...

EU has a sick sense of humour sometimes...

Ironic, certainly...

Also, seems to be the Opposite of Serendipidy, surely...

Serendipidy means "A happy co-incidence"

Reminds me of the joy I felt when I finally got my Basic Screws BP to 100%, only for the returns from it to drop to almost zero from that day onwards...

EU has a swedish sense of humour sometimes...

corrected :D

:D Well also, as a thought you could... Forget about hunting/crafting/mining and engage yourself solely to fruit picking/dung collector/stone seeker. :D
That's like 100% profits... No ammo/serverys/bombs/materials... So serendipity worth be an obstacle for you.
I think i can recall someone HOFing on fruits too ( if I’m not mistaken it was around 300 peds) :wtg:

:cry: And I am on the edge of Serendipity/Mineral Sense unlock! NO!!!!! :jawdrop:

Ok, now back on topic ;)
I am glad to see someone can take this sort of loses with a sense of humor and do post like the OP here instead of crying on the forum. Respect mate!

I think that this is dynamic. Loot comes and goes, and then comes back again. All you can do is try to look for new possibilities - hunts something you didn't hunt berfore, mine where you didn't mine for a long time. Maybe that helps :)
If you hunt on Eudoria, try hunting in Amethera. If you mine Amethera, try mining Eudoria... you get what I mean.

The zooming in after looting is a joke :laugh: but the truth about it is that a mob when dies has some sort of space still occupied, when you loot in 3rd person the perspective changes a little because avatar looks down. If your avatar is connected with the "blocked space", for example stands in it, or has a head in it, you will get this sort of zoom. The very same happens when you run in 3rd person downhill in mountains. Camera bumps of the mountain, because it can't (usually can't) go through the texture.
At least that is what I think, but I am a n00b when it comes to PCs :rolleyes:

Incorrect on the reason for that autozoom. If you would like to test this, go shoot some Longu @ Corinth. No hills, (mostly) no trees, lots of autozoom. The best solution, aside from MA fixing the bug, is to kill large hitbox mobs in fps.

You missunderstood my post, sledgehammer.
I didn't mean that there are hills, just that the zooming happens also when you run down the hill.
The zooming when looting (as I think) happens because mob takes space, blocks space in front of the avatar. Like claim or other avatar. The space is blocked and you cannot walk there. The zoom happens if your avatar looks down, and the body of the mob - longu like you say is the best example. The space is locked and that casuses the zoom. I have no idea why, but that is what my mate who deals with program creation, also games creation. Big mobs (big in size) block more space so it is more common with them.
Anyway, no matter what causes the zoom, we agree that it sucks ;)

I do not think, that it is really the size of the hitbox, I only get it on certain mobs. Longtooth were really depressing, Exas are no joy and Longus are avoided.
And I never have that issue with Allos or Ambus or any other mob bigger than a Diripi.

you can always give the serendipity to me ;)

Anyhow, I certainly know how it feels. When I unlocked serendipity, I was also hopefull it would improve the overall experience, but if anything, it has had the opposite effect.

My only thing I would say is maybe you arnt going on long enough hunts for the mobs you are killing.... assuming you are taking "level 30" sized mobs then 100 or 200 ped runs is not long enough. My loot rate is about the same if not better since unlocking serendipity. I've pretty much learned that if you dont take enough to kill at least 100-150 mobs min. then your chance of "success" is cut down drastically. I hope your luck turns for the better though.

each time, if i was open a new hidden skill, like sere or coolness and a lot other hidden skills, i had the feeling my payback going more worse.

Maybe this all is dynamic--- :D

Ah, and you can be much happy to get a tower:yay:
i mine since over 3.5 years, and never got a tower thing:rolleyes:

LOL that is pretty funny...

of course ill have it if you don't wan't it :p

Hi,

As far as i remember some people have reported a bad period directly after the serendipity unlock. In my opinion, just try to minimize your decay bill and hunt smaller mobs until your chance come back

Axel

Haha that's funny, I have a personal superstition too, but it seems to be right most of the time (even though I know it isn't). The thing that I think of, is that if I kill a mob before it gets to me, it will have better loot. Doesn't work with mobs that I kill in 1-2 hits, but with mobs that seem to get close to me, they drop better when I kill them before they attack me :p

Back