Enjoy Fine Arts and ... Win 2000 PED!!!

Week of intense studies... you have no idea! :laugh:

I'm afraid only my fellow schoolmates will get that one. That is to say, nobody in EF.

Week of intense studies... you have no idea! :laugh:

I'm afraid only my fellow schoolmates will get that one. That is to say, nobody in EF.

Well most of my friends in college are doing finals right now, so i think i got ya m8 ;)

Thanks again for a unique event auk

And I got ya too Bizarrick ... I just finished a week of administering finals to my students. Although, I must admit, I have the easy part, until it comes to grading exams and writing assignments and 48 hours to pull together the final grades and get them posted at the college website. :eek:

Fantastic contest my Dear Auk ... I'm looking forward to seeing who came closest to knowing you a little. As soon as you have announced the winner(s) ... I will post my top 3 choices in picture format and see just who came the closest ... it will be interesting to see if anyone nailed it. :D

Good luck everyone!
And once more a thank you for this great event!

Yup, students and teachers frustrated alike. :silly2:
(Desperate housewives? Don't make me laugh!)

Back on topic:
I have selected my two winners! No one got my list entirely right. X-|
In addition to the promised 500 EFD for each lucky person,
I'll give an extra 333 EFD to a runner-up who came quite close!

Now, when would it be an appropiate time to announce them...? :scratch2:

Last edited:
And I got ya too Bizarrick ... I just finished a week of administering finals to my students. Although, I must admit, I have the easy part, until it comes to grading exams and writing assignments and 48 hours to pull together the final grades and get them posted at the college website. :eek:

I'm busy processing grades and awards for about 400 students, 20 modules and 3 courses here. Fortunately I don't have to do the marking :D

I'm sorry buddy You were a bit late and as well was bad idea to edit post. I mentioned MA time.

To those who were late: I will see if you are pretenders to prize and will try to findout something additional. I know what that means intense studies - hard to control sleep ;)

Looking beyond the edit, his post was actually posted at 23:06 Ma time, a whole 53 Minutes before the end of the competition ^^

Damn, i couldn't make it on time, late night work. Something only a few will understand :D.

uffff just put all your data to database. Now the task will be to recognise artworks and to get single number for each of your lines - # according official list (eh, my first event - I needed to set requirement for formated guesses)

I have had riddle with The Doctor's guess:)
1 p1ss3d off n00b - Jamhot Jamhot DaddyO)
2 calida - Geertje paintings peggeman
3 5 Nadia Lexxy Chey - Diptic, buildings in nude1 p1ss3d off n00b - Jamhot 3 5 Nadia Lexxy Chey - Diptic, buildings in nude1 p1ss3d off n00b - Jamhot
4 The Entropian (Digital art) - The onciest
Jamhot DaddyO)
3 The Entropian (Digital art) - The onciest
4 Dagny Lilac Lane - Continents In Her Eyes
5 Nadia Lexxy Chey - Diptic, buildings in nude

After some studies I found it should be:
3 The Entropian (Digital art) - The onciest
4 Dagny Lilac Lane - Continents In Her Eyes

though lower chance for it could be:
3 Dagny Lilac Lane - Continents In Her Eyes
4 The Entropian (Digital art) - The onciest

Which one it is? :scratch2:

Few more hours plz to process data (48+2+1=51 contestants (2 ones edited; 1 stands for The Doctor's riddle))

I would like to clear rule about edit. If it was done during contest time. Not yet final decision tho.

simon90, thanks! Strash, budd, you should have kicked me for that shock (we have each other on our FL and having chat). I will have for you something special for the shock.

Last edited:
No problem Auktuma. We understand it takes time to process..
It's almost impossible to not get a prize lol :D

Shame, I could have done with 777 PEDs...

Argh! I wasn't aware we had to do detailed lists.
Yet another sleepless night I guess... :rolleyes:

Congratz to everyone who won something!

Congrats to everyone who chose my painting ;) Or.. wait, thanks? Yes, thankyou ;)

:mad: I hate math! :mad:

EDIT: Revising equations.
Please stand by.

Last edited:
Congrats to everyone who entered (and didn't edit their post).

Special congrats to all who submitted their artworks. Was a pleasure looking at all of them.

Extra special congrats to Auktuma for making a fun event.

So Auktuma could you post what your favourite 3 were?

So Auktuma could you post what your favourite 3 were?

Hehe, that will be another fun for you to digg to our sets using top 20 lists and scores :) The day when I visited galery to choose the winner triplet for contest - I've seen i'm in mood that day to set #14 of all my favorite triplets I had to that day :D

I could name there that 1 contestant hit right my #1 of triplet and used it #1 on his/her guess, 1 contestant hit right my #2 of triplet and used it also #2 on his/her guess and 2 contestants hit right my #3 of triplet and used it #3 on his/her guess.

Here are my top 3 favorites:

Simon Gustav Hakansson
I Call this ... "Purple Inspiration"

entropia_2009-05-13_01-52-59-85.jpg

Abremalin Malin Gesticar
I call this ... "Somber Swamp"

entropia_2009-05-13_01-54-25-25.jpg

Abremalin Malin Gesticar
I call this ... "Liquid Energy"

entropia_2009-05-13_01-53-55-48.jpg

I happen to be ... a "Malin" photo art fan, and even did a video of his exhibit during the Christmas season one year, but YouTube removed the music track. :(

Anyway ... congratulations to the winners. :yay: I will be back in about 6 hours to see who came closest to my top 3 picks. :D Appreciating art is so subjective. ;)

Oh my... i finished last :clap:

Great competiton and congratulations to the winners! :)

Oh my... i finished last :clap:

Great competiton and congratulations to the winners! :)

Last? There were 51 contestants - you got above average even :p

Appreciating art is so subjective. ;)

That's so true my 3 fav would be diff from everyone elses 3. In fact wouldn't surprise me if we all had diff 3 fav's.

My 3 fav would be:
1 - colourful dancers by spawn because it's just so happy and colourful. I especially like the red flower matching the red skirt (very passionate :) )

2- the lady with blue fire in her hands - Just remarkable painting skills

3- Willem zilly doms, The dying Rose...(i think thats the right one)

Also depends on what mood and what day it is when we pick our favourite. If i was to pick a few tomm they would be diff from today :)

Thanks again Auktuma for a fun competition :yay: While I'm not quite sure what the "right" answers were at least I'm in the top 10 :D

Woot!

Thank you Mindstar9...without your mini contest attached my subjective view of art would not have matched anything...Also Great Big thanks to Auktuma for the contest...and I figured out your artworks...hope you don't mind me posting them here.

Nadia Lexxy Chey - Diptic Buildings in Nude
Simon Hakansson - Energy Flow
Jitse Akse - Moon Child

Happy I had 1 close...^_-

P.S. Could be wrong about the artworks but fairly sure...

Thanks for an awsome event guys!
Nice to see so many people supporting this with great prices, gratz to all the winners! :yay::yay:

I won on Jamhot's list and scored -4 on Auktuma's (whose choices I was guessing at :laugh:). It's a strange and wonderful world we live it, gratz to the winners, thanks for the reason to go and look at the artwork again Auk :)

so i must have missed it, who got last place :confused:

Well I realized not only did we not know auktuma's top 3 but we also were not told Jamhot's, Goni's, or Bizarrick's!

So I compiled a list based on each top 20...hopefully these are correct

Jamhot's Top 3
1. Ulla Jamira Braun - The Lone Hunter
2. Corey Wray (Onciest Dropkick Advrise) - The Entropian
3. Jitse Akse (Atlan Ion Leticron) - Moon Child

Goni's Top 3
1. Nadia Lexxy Chey - Diptic, Buildings in Nude
3. Abremalin Malin Gesticar - Saluda River

Bizarrick's Top 3
1. ?? Still can't figure this one out-think not enough info ??
3. Pradeilles Thomas (Draad Draad Ultran) - Le Dragon Noir

Still can't figure out bizarrick's number 1 spot...ah well I believe these are all correct from all my figuring...if I am wrong I give you three and auktuma permission to slap the back of my head to knock some sense into me...=P

:eek: Holy Moly! I failed to hit anyone's picks at all. :laugh:

Back