OIL Rig script

skuggan1

Guardian
Society
SWE Hunt
mikael skuggan gustavsson
I have beeing at oil rigg lately some and it seems like some ppl use a pickup script once again as erlier. when dx says put oil at cord xxxx.xxxxx pick it up.
someone have done a new script corce its not possible to mark oilbarrel and pick up in some millisec as some do now. i just see oil barrel blink in some milli sec impossible to make it that fast if someone can film it it wuld me cool i havent manage to get in recorded.

These are serious accusations... if those ppl are really using bots you should report to MA, and they will probably get banned.

EDIT: there's alot of programmes out there to make a video. That wont prove that its a script... but it should be enough to scare them i think.

Last edited:
just shoot them

I wouldn't automatically assume its a script.

There can be many reasons for it.

Having "pickup" hotkeyed in first person mode without "move to target" checked you only have to look at it and hit they key assuming you are in range.

Remember these guys are mostly experienced PK'rs and have excellent aim and reaction times plus any network difference that may affect when you notice the barrel and when they notice it and its very possible.

Yes you can do it pretty quick manually as well if you stay focused.

But it is also very easy to make a script for it. Hard to tell the difference imo.

I dont really think people use scripts there. When I go there and people like Lars and some guy in DDr which are really fast. I try to grab oil but get a millisecond to late, so just because they are just the millisecond faster I dont think its script.
Also bear in mind that these fast pickers stand there 20hrs a day. If you do something that much you will be better and faster then the ones that doesnt do it.

Anyways, rig would be more fun if the barrels would come out on a bigger area, and smaller amounts, but more often. Say within the rigg walls it may spawn 2-300 barrels every 3-6 minutes, would make it more fun and more work :)

Also bear in mind that these fast pickers stand there 20hrs a day

But thats mental, people sit on thier arses in an on-line game..20 hours a day.. waiting to pick up oil?? :eek:

That cant be true.

Its either a bot.. or a mental person.

Even basic human activities take some time, sleep, poo-ing, eating, showering.. getting some air.. ffs having a life!! LOLOL etc.

scary looking human that sits at pc for 20 hours day, like some hybrid underweight albino rat Im thinking :scratch2:

Cant be true .. cant

who the fuc* sits here 20 hours a day?

But thats mental, people sit on thier arses in an on-line game..20 hours a day.. waiting to pick up oil?? :eek:

That cant be true.

Even basic human activities take some time, sleep, poo-ing, eating, showering.. getting some air.. ffs having a life!! LOLOL etc.

scary looking human that sits at pc for 20 hours day, like some hybrid underweight albino rat Im thinking :scratch2:

Cant be true .. cant

a mental greedy little bot worm BAN ALL BOTS

That cant be true.

Cant be true .. cant

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

+rep :D

and people like Lars and some guy in DDr which are really fast.
Also bear in mind that these fast pickers stand there 20hrs a day.

yeah

:rofl:

Is there a bot for picking up oil out there? Yep, at least that's what I've been told.

Do all the ppl at the rig that are fast to pick up oil use it? No, they don't. As someone else said you can set up hot keys to pick it up almost the instant it's seen. Also, there's lag and someone else may see it and pick it up before you ever even see it. Yep, have tested this and it's so. So, is it a bot or something else? Very hard to tell.

Just report it to ma then.

They would have to be nuts to think the same ava sit there 20 hours a day.. and are quite quick.. VERY quick to pick it up :laugh:

Id be see-ing double and not so alert after 12 hours, and bored shitless, and pissing myself.. let alone 20 hours!!

Just report it to ma then.

They would have to be nuts to think the same ava sit there 20 hours a day.. and are quite quick.. VERY quick to pick it up :laugh:

Id be see-ing double and not so alert after 12 hours, and bored shitless, and pissing myself.. let alone 20 hours!!

Thats because after 12 hours you would be well oiled :laugh:

Knowing that terminoligy such as this may not be universal: http://www.usingenglish.com/reference/idioms/well-oiled.html

np, I got it LOL :laugh:

The joke I mean .. Im not well oiled.. wait.. nevermind LOL :rofl:

:beerchug:

just shoot them, if they shoot back, their legit

That cant be true.

Cant be true .. cant

Well, there are people who sweat many hours a day. Staying at the oil rig is much more profitable than sweating, plus they get to hunt at the same time. It's a win-win situation. You make money, you get to hunt and never have to deposit.

I doubt people stay there 20 hours a day, but several hours a day can be fairly profitable.

And yes, i to have heard of these scripts. What i was told a year or two ago was that the script(s?) checks the screen for a specific color (grey or green or both?) and is able to find the barrel. Of course, theirs no proof and i doubt even MA could find the players that use these considering how laughable MA's crackdown on exploiters is.

If scripts are truly being used, then this has been going on for nearly 3 years as far as i'm aware, so nothing new.

Well, there are people who sweat many hours a day. Staying at the oil rig is much more profitable than sweating, plus they get to hunt at the same time. It's a win-win situation. You make money, you get to hunt and never have to deposit.

I doubt people stay there 20 hours a day, but several hours a day can be fairly profitable.

I agree, but then so do you, 20 hours and you'd be dead within 3 months, tops.

prolly 3 weeks.

download fraps and record it

If someone can make a hunting bot, someone else - in a 100th of the time - can make an oil gathering bot I would imagine.

Generally, if you ever have any inkling that someone is cheating the system, they usually are.

...Even basic human activities take some time, sleep, poo-ing, eating, showering.. getting some air.. ffs having a life!! LOLOL etc...

Don't forget that some (if not all) of the things you mentioned can be resolved: cases of Red Bull, funny cigarettes, adult diapers, deodorant, a big fan etc. :wise:

As an old pro rigger i can tell you that there are some script. I used to be very fast at this :)
I remember someone who was in Australia with a very bad ping who used to be very slow. And once a day he picked up oil very fast, and even my "test" barrel of 1 pec, i couldn't take it back. (you have to know that when you drop a barrel of 1 pec and try to pick it up just after, normal riggers won't be able to get "your barrel", since you know where and when you have to click).

But a fast person doens't mean he uses script. You have to compare your lag and the lag of other persons, and also the human factor (read mouse move skill and eye time reaction).

The solution we used a few years ago is this:
Every riggers have to agree though. You put a 1 pec oil barrel next to the rig, and no one picks it up. If someone uses a script when the real barrel comes, he will have no choice to get this 1 pec oil barrel since scripts work on color or picture recognition. If someone get the 1 pec barrel, all riggers shoot him :)

Hmm and you really think that using a pick-up-bot or such does help much for a noob @ rig nway? :D
and i do not think ubers would risk theyr avatars for some barels of oil nway...
so i dont see it like a real problem...
Personaly i used to spend hours every day during more than 6 months there in my past and i can say that i was verry fast too after so long training..
Atm i dont care about rig anymore...

drop some dung nearby, if the picker grabs it wait for the "lol" to appear in all chat.....if not, defo a bot :wtg:

would be easier for Ma to male the oil appear randomly aroumnd the rig rather than in one spot. I never hanged round enough to find oil either dead or got bored waiting, we got a game to play. might as well watch paint dry if ya not going to pk each other.

Don't think you can drop dung nowadays

That cant be true.

Cant be true .. cant

When I first started and ended up at the rig, I spent a good 6+ hours there a day for a week.
First off, be in a voice chat room with plenty of friends doing something fun! You can share in quite easily while sitting on your ass doing nothing :D. Also helps deny the boredom bug... heh
Second, yes. There are people that fast. I'm one of them. Took me a day for someone to tell me about "move to target when interacting" so after I disabled that, if I was there - the oil was mine :laugh:. I used to be semi-pro FPS gamer. Unless you've seen the competitions videos, you have NO idea how fast our reaction time is! See a PIXEL glimmer or shift, BANG. Crosshairs centered & clicked within 1/30th of a second. Or less.
Third, I know some people who have multiple people play their account, such as sweaters or riggers. Not saying I know any who stay online for 20+ hours :eek:, but I knew some friends who shared an account way back for 9 hours (3 per person).
And finally, you can actually make a LIVING at the rig... I've got a friend who was tired of losing his ass on hunting, so he shucked all his equipment into storage, except for his teleport chip & 5k mind essence, and went to the rig.
1 1/2 months later, 8+ hours a day (every... single... day...), he had accrued over 9k ped oil (and oil then was ~125%!). And that was WITH oil rig shutdowns.
I could easily picture 3-5 people doing this with one account, splitting it up amongst them, 20+ hours a day, and making easily double what he did.

To the OP - best bet is submit a support case with time/name, and let them be the judge by looking through their records. If someone is picking up the oil BEFORE any pixels are spawning, or executing a pickup script (which would be VERY noticeable on MA's side considering what it does), they would know and will take appropriate action.

Back