The Twitching Hour

Status

twitchie

Alpha
Society
Skillin' Villains - Colonel; Co-Founder; Former Leader
Trex Twitchie Prada
2732699921_9f587dcebd.jpg

"The Twitching Hour" launched Sunday, July 19th @ 18:00MA. The regular party spot for this show is @ Billy's so everyone, young and old, can get there. There's plenty of places to hide goodies for prizes when I do them, there's a ring :handgun:, it's accessible, etc. It makes a good place for some fun times.

I'll have a mix loaded up as this show will be a mix theme. I'll be throwing in comedic bits as well, as has already become a staple of my time on the radio. I will, of course, be taking requests. However, be patient as if I don't have the song, I'll have to find it. It may also happen that I miss your request. I'll apologize in advance in case that happens. During the shows, there is a ton of messaging from a ton of people and things get missed sometimes. I do ask that you please refrain from req'ing songs that are completely inappropriate. I'd like to avoid songs that have excessive foul/offensive language, promote hate or racism. etc. Outside of that, let's party it up. :wtg:

Last edited:
why not the F. word or .od damned?

U find it offensive when used in music, or do u want to protect minors etc?

The reason i ask is that i think theres a pretty wide gap between how US ppl and europe ppl handle harsh language.

I myself is danish, and here we dont care so much about harsh language; F... is almost an everyday word here, even in tv at work in schools etc. we simply dont take offence from that. Same with the different lesserly honorable mentions of god, which also dont so much pose a problem.

I personally think that flavor of language should be free, and that proactive language hygene will be counterproductive almost always. Even small children should rather learn to express themselves fully, instead of being tabooed into speaking like elderly ppl.

All this said, i hope ur event will rock, and im sure the language policy will not be decisive to the success of the show :D

The reason i ask is that i think theres a pretty wide gap between how US ppl and europe ppl handle harsh language.

I myself is danish, and here we dont care so much about harsh language; F... is almost an everyday word here, even in tv at work in schools etc. we simply dont take offence from that. Same with the different lesserly honorable mentions of god, which also dont so much pose a problem.

Just replace danish with norwegian and you got what I was about to say.

I personally think that flavor of language should be free, and that proactive language hygene will be counterproductive almost always. Even small children should rather learn to express themselves fully, instead of being tabooed into speaking like elderly ppl.

I second that opinion.

I commend you Twitch for your standing by your priciples on this matter.

I personally am not offended by this language , but I do find that when I am surrounded by it I tend to loosen my own tongue , which is something that I have worked to curtail over the past 15 years when I started my family.

Good luck on the show.

Cheers :beerchug:

Bones

All this said, i hope ur event will rock, and im sure the language policy will not be decisive to the success of the show :D

Thanks for your input. The standards I set forth remain unchanged. Hope to see you there mate!

See MS9's reply below. She basically summed up my thoughts. Thanks!

Last edited:
If I may ... this type of discussion occurred at AHR, for a number of reasons, and especially since we have a EULA to abide by with regard to content, as well as the fact that MA/FPC markets EU to the real world if you will, and promotes in-world services, such as the radio stations, at their website. As such, the station manager at AHR took the question of what is acceptable and what is not to MA/FPC so that there was clarification.

That said ... while MA/FPC is certainly not prudish, nor are we at MSR, there are boundaries that limit us from presenting content that clearly pushes the envelope when it comes to the following ...

From the EULA

8. MindArk’s Rules of Conduct

c. You cannot interfere with any other participant's ability to use and enjoy the Entropia Universe.

d. You may not take any action, post, communicate, upload or otherwise use any content, including text, images and sounds, that MindArk, at its sole and absolute discretion determines to be sexually explicit, racially, ethnically, religiously or sexually offensive, hateful, vulgar, defamatory, libelous, harassing or threatening to another person or organization or otherwise objectionable. This includes communications in the Entropia Universe and in any other website or forum with connection to the Entropia Universe.

We understand ... that there is a global diversity within our virtual community, and as such, that countries vary when it comes to what's acceptable and what's not ... as well as what's seemingly common and everyday for some, and also what's not. As a public broadcasting service, it is our goal to remain respectful with regard to the content that we present to our community, as well as those outside of our community who may be listening in as a result of a broader reach of marketing by MA/FPC.

In addition ... we are not so stringent that we don't play music with colorful content. We just don't feel that every other word out of an artist's mouth has to be foul, degrading, sexually explicit, vulgar, racial, or hateful. Granted, there is an eclectic flavor preference for music within our community, and it is certainly our goal at MSR to appeal to such diversity, which I feel that we do, but not at the risk of offending our listeners in any way shape or form, or pushing the envelope to the edge and stepping across the line of our responsibilities as a public service.

Thing is ... there is also diversity with Entropia's radio stations, and therefore, our wonderful community has a choice. Our listeners have been completely satisfied with the music content we have provided so far, and have been generous in their support of such, as well as the shows presented. We embrace diversity, but we also respect that certain content may be offensive to portions of our community, and ...

We are also ... held accountable for our content by our broadcasting host 711 ... and the disclaimer given when we receive our broadcasting details is as follows:

Do not broadcast any material that is obscene, violent or illegal. Do not defame any individuals, Entropia participants, MindArk staff, etc. You are responsible for all content that is broadcast through your broadcaster account.

While we may ... have personal preferences with regard to content provided ... that becomes secondary to what we are held accountable to, and this is what becomes the priority so that we are afforded the opportunity to bring our community the entertainment and fun that is also a major part of our mission here at MSR. So far, we have covered a wide range of genres, and our listening audience has been pleased and accepting of our content, even quite complimentary.

I hope ... that this gives clarification to our own broadcasting standard at MSR, and if you have listened to Twitchie's music content this past week as he's been taking the MSR stream for a test drive each night while gearing up for his first official show ... you would have found that colorful flavor I was talking about earlier, but not to the degree that it's the majority of a song's content. He presents quite an eclectic lineup, including his comedy tidbits that keep us all laughing our asses off, so be sure to tune in and give a listen.

Now let's get busy ... and rock this universe! :headbang:

2732699921_9f587dcebd.jpg

We will be launching my regular show, The Twitching Hour, this Sunday, July 19th @ 18:00MA. The regular party spot for this show will be @ Billy's so everyone, young and old, can get there. There's plenty of places to hide goodies for prizes when I do them, there's a ring :handgun:, it's accessible, etc. It makes a good place for some fun times.

I'll have a mix loaded up as this show will be a mix theme. I'll be throwing in comedic bits as well, as has already become a staple of my time on the radio. I will, of course, be taking requests. However, be patient as if I don't have the song, I'll have to find it. It may also happen that I miss your request. I'll apologize in advance in case that happens. During the shows, there is a ton of messaging from a ton of people and things get missed sometimes. I do ask that you please refrain from req'ing songs that are completely inappropriate. I'd like to avoid songs that have excessive foul/offensive language, promote hate or racism. etc. Outside of that, let's party it up. :wtg:

sundays are hard for me but i will try my best to come and support ya

Posted via Mobile Device

Listening now, I'll come see you at Billy's when I log in :)

Love the comedy stuff... Reminds me of being abused by my older brothers!

:rolleyes:

darri
:cool:

Great show, Twitch. Was a blast! :yay:

And thanks for the flight on MS9 Airlines, MindStar :D

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Woot that was a great flight. The honey roasted peanuts were fabulous!

Dude, nice SS! Thanx for posting it mate!

Darri - heck yeah. I love the comedy bits. Nice to change it up a little. :D

With MS9 Airlines ... it's always free ... and you always get lots of frequent flyer miles! :yay: The honey-roasteds are pretty cool, but we still don't have full beverage service.

HEY ... that's not my fault. :rolleyes:

Great fun Twitch ... super first show! :wtg: I'm pattin' myself on the back right now! :laugh: Can't wait to get started on the new projects. :D

Rock on Partner! :headbang:

I'd like to thank everyone who came out tot he party tonight. We had a great time. Some folks even walked away with some ped in their pockets! Remember, I'll play the same stumper song again next week, and every week there after, until someone correctly guesses the artist. :D

Below are some caps from the party. It was a great time. If you'd like to hear something specific, post it ehre and I'll do my best to get it ready for next week's shin-did. We will continue to have the comedy pieces as well.

Air gangsta'

Cherries does an upside down bicycle kick and pumps MS9 into the atmosphere. Crouching Tiger my back side!!

I landed in the fence and just hung there. Man that hurt!

Kiri threatens to dispatch me . . . just before he dies. He did get me quite a bit though. ;)

MS9's PK HOF (think I forgot to cap mine LOL)

Upside down splits. Man that couldn't have felt good! Lucky you cleared the fence!!

Thanks again for the fun everyone. I'll be making the Name That Tune a part of every show during the 2nd hour. We'll do it for that whole 2nd hour. I'll give you the chance to put some shiny in your pocket for your musical knowledge. :yay:

And of course, I want to thank MS9 for being the best partner I could hope for in this adventure. It's a BLAST working and chatting with you! Also, thanks to 711 for making it possible to even have the radio station inthe first place. Thanks to SV for supporting me and having fun with this with me! Props to you all!! A ship doesn't sail on its own. You're all awesome!!

See you all next week!

Had a great time:yay:...everyone should check out this show next time.

fun times :)

i think the pic of me dying may be bogus ;P

fun times :)

i think the pic of me dying may be bogus ;P

:laugh: ... no it isn't ... :laugh: ... I witnessed the agony of defeat :wise: ... I adore your shawty azz ... but inside the ring ... all bets are off :nana:

*I can't believe I just said that* :eek:

:laugh: ... no it isn't ... :laugh: ... I witnessed the agony of defeat :wise: ... I adore your shawty azz ... but inside the ring ... all bets are off :nana:

*I can't believe I just said that* :eek:

Hm...you must be stupid tired :laugh:

Hm...you must be stupid tired :laugh:

Yup ... since that's what I told you in Skype chat last night :laugh: ... but I have sleep behind me now, and when I get home from teaching my class tonight? ... well, it ain't gonna be pretty! :eek: I was practicin' in my dreams Shawty ... and I won every time. :D

Yup ... since that's what I told you in Skype chat last night :laugh: ... but I have sleep behind me now, and when I get home from teaching my class tonight? ... well, it ain't gonna be pretty! :eek: I was practicin' in my dreams Shawty ... and I won every time. :D

hmm now you're dreaming about me eh? ;)

Posted via Mobile Device

We will be back @ Billy's again this Sunday at 18:00MA for 3 hours of fun and games.

Remember, the 2ndhour of music is the "Name That Tune" contest where every song earns the person who correctly names the artist first 5 ped and the stumper that hour wins 20 ped. :yay: PvP ring action as always. :)

Thanks to all who joined us @ Billy's today for my show. We had some great fun. We played a few games and people won some nice ped. I took screenies, but when pulling them up afterwards realized that Tracker had not grabbed them as the new version put out a couple days ago had the manual screenshot function broken. Two updates in 2 days. :mad: All it grabbed was my pk HOF. :( So... I'll just list the events we did and if you won them, reply here and I'll add you into the post. Also a first that I've seen, Xcite24 from ck Shadows and I were dueling and we killed each other at the same time. Both LR65's, both dead on the floor from each other's gun. That was quite interesting. Alex Coolguy said that was a first for him as well. Pretty funny.

Events & Prizes
1. Find the ingot: Gold. Ingot kept +25 ped
2. Find the ingot: Gold. Ingot kept +25 ped
3. MSR Team Name Global: Dirk DR Rand won 50 ped with his feffoid global and lit up all the teammates @ Billy's with the team name SV & MSR: Twitching Hour.
4. This Day In History: Churchill resigned. Full TT Svempa S40 (L). Sixx (iirc)
5. Name That Tune: Whole 2nd hour. Many winners. Sixx, Jen, Eol, Sali, + more. Each song was a 5 ped prize. The stumper (KMC KRU's Devil Came Up To Michigan) was 25 ped to Sixx. Sixx also got 75 ped from naming the songs' artists super fast. And Sali and Eol generously paid forward their few wins into the prize pool and the next person got 10 ped instead of 5. Thanks for the generosity guys!!
6. Traditional PK HOFs: MS9 and I got ours. Always happy to die for the cause!

I'll see everyone
next week. We may have a venue change - we shall see. :)

Last edited:
sounds like you all had a blast :)

hopefully i will be able to stay a bit longer next time :(

Great fun for sure ... and it was nice to see a couple of our cK Shadows friends joining us for some chaos in the ring. What's cool is ... the 3 level winner's podium is just outside the ring at Billy's, and I'm usually standing on one of the platforms dancing while facing the ring. I wait for my opportunity, and then rush the unsuspecting person in the ring for a smackdown. :laugh:
Ok, I don't always win! :rolleyes:

Great contests Twitch ... it's one thing to have the music and dancing, but another to add some extra activities into the mix to make it more fun ... people like action and mental stimulation. :hammer: Ok, maybe not that kind of mental stimulation, but you know what I mean. :D I'm looking forward to more creative fun from my partner for sure. :wtg:

Hi Twitchie...Where are we "twitching out" tommorrow?
Keep on a rocking! :dance:See ya all soon!:yay:

We will still be @ Billy's tomorrow. The other place doesn't have a pvp area and that is just essential! :)

YES, it's essential ... I like dancing on one of the winner's blocks in front of the Octagon, and then wait for the right moment to rush someone and blast them unsuspectingly. :laugh:

Status
Back