Compiled help for issues or errors installing VU10.0 client

Legion

Marauder
Society
Supremacy Reign
Iam Flatline Legion
Side by side error or config or client wont start at all

1) if on windows xp Go to Microsoft update. Install everything, meaning, all essential and optional updates. If it wants to reboot, let it reboot.
If on Vista go to windows update using the start menu, should be a "prog" in there
2) Repeat 1 untill all updates are installed (it can take a couple of minutes before new updates appear, so after a reboot wait 2-5minutes and check again)
3) Go to Visual C++ runtime update
4) download and install the vcredist_x86.exe on that page, EVEN if your on a 64bit os! it's the x86 you need.
5) Done

kudos to wody for this and editing and adding by me :)

If that doesnt work check this entire thread for a solution that could help
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/technical/159334-side-side-configuration-error.html

No Exe file to start the new VU?
Look in the bin32 folder

Direct X Errors
Go to http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...38-DB71-4C1B-BC6A-9B6652CD92A3&displaylang=en

Download that. If that doesnt help try the following.
But i made it work in my case with the following instructions.
(Please note that i CANT guarantee that it works and wont mess ur system upp even further)

1. Got start -> run
  2. Start register editor by typing "regedit" without "
  3. Find HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\DirectX
  4. if Version isent 4.09.00.0904 but starts with 4 then
  5. Back up ur old value either by manual work, either by right-click the Directx folder then export.
  6. When u have a backup of ur old version nr change it to 4.09.00.0904
  7. try the dxwebsetup.exe again
If running windows 7 and neither works, reinstall windows 7 should help.

Installer stuck in a loop
No current solution

Last edited:
followed steps 1-5 and works great at least upto login screen, can't test it any further :)

Thanks Legion for compiling this very useful..

Thnx Leg! I will try it

This needs a bump, good work Legion.:)

/Arwen

gj

gj :) have fun with ur EFD

Used step 1 to 5 and now it works

thx, great job :wtg:
:yay:

thank u very much :) now the clientloader works! :) :) :) +reppppppp

Yeah tnx, after making another thread about it finaly works :yay:

:cheer:

Can you change the title of side by side error, since on xp it's not called that way and confuses alot of people.

seems like i give u to much +rep, but this is gr8 anyway.

hmm the windows update page refuses to load for me... ;( and i get the side by side error.

Yeah tnx, after making another thread about it finaly works :yay:

:cheer:

hehe bump and i just comipled all the problems ppl have had into one thread :D

hmm the windows update page refuses to load for me... ;( and i get the side by side error.

using a fully legal windwos xp? if not then you might be screwed hehe.
if your running vista use the windows update in the start menu.

using a fully legal windwos xp? if not then you might be screwed hehe.
if your running vista use the windows update in the start menu.

yeah i use vista, that was the problem thx for the help.

Thx Legion! And to all the others that helped with the bugs.

I have a problem on XP64 SP2. As soon as i launch the ClientLoader, i get the message :
"This aplication could not start because the configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application could solve the problem." (translated from a french message)
When developping at work, i usually get that message when i deploy a new program on a computer that has not the Visual C++ runtime DLLs. But i don't think it's the case, since i have VisualC++ 2005 on this computer, and i even downloader the runtime DLLs of Visual C++ 2008 (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=A5C84275-3B97-4AB7-A40D-3802B2AF5FC2&displaylang=en)
Any ideas?

That's the first error (have you even read the opening post)?

Download C++ 2005 SP1
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...f7-ec73-40ff-b072-9112bab119c2&displaylang=en

I read it, and already had the 2005 SP1 x86 runtime. I didn't know that this file had multiple versions however. installing the new one actually solved the problem :yay:.
Maybe it should be added in the first post to check that the installed version is the same than the needed version from 7/28/2009?

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!

I'm completely ignorant when it comes to computers, but I followed your advice in the very first post...and it worked!!!:yay::yay::yay:

OK so i have read (and followed) the instructions and im still getting the same problem :(

Windows XP SP3

Any advice?

Suppose I got a couple days to fix the problem which the installer should cater for anyway!
You never know MA may get round to creating a patch for people who dont have access to this forum.

Last edited:
Shotgun that's a good advice here. +rep :yay:

another error - help -

ok:

Does anyone encounter the error where the installer just seems to be stuck in a loop? If so, HELP ME!

Any help and tips appreciated :)

OK so i have read (and followed) the instructions and im still getting the same problem :(

Windows XP SP2

Any advice?

Suppose I got a couple days to fix the problem which the installer should cater for anyway!
You never know MA may get round to creating a patch for people who dont have access to this forum.

read the entire thread for the side by side error, there might be something in that thread.

ok:

Does anyone encounter the error where the installer just seems to be stuck in a loop? If so, HELP ME!

Any help and tips appreciated :)

sorry no known solution at the moment. make a new post about it perhaps?

sorry no known solution at the moment. make a new post about it perhaps?

I'll see if I can work it out. I have had similar errors in the past with big fat GIG files. Prolly some corrupt files. If I can work it out, I'll post it here (I'll download the client again on a 'clean' line)

:wtg:

Windows XP SP2

Any advice?

Weird, shouldn't you be on SP3 if you have all available updates ?

Back