Compiled help for issues or errors installing VU10.0 client

Black Log In Screen

Uploaded new version, system states supported and computer can handle, unfortunately the log on screen comes up black and I cannot log on, have followed all recommendations including yours, any ideas?
Much appreciated
regards Billybraveheart

worked yesterday but after my posts in here.....

Yesterday I followed the instructions and did the c+ file, rebooted and logged in. I got kicked out alot but I could get in. I posted how pissed I was at what the new VU cost me in bandwidth and a couple of other negative posts. Guess what. No matter what I do I am not allowed to log in. Connection lost.... every time. While I loved the new look everything else seems to suck!

:yay::yay::yay:

I got it..finally...

I fixed the black loginscreen by running EU in admin mode...!!!

Help!!!

when i start EU, i get a message

"Application failed to start because application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix the problem"

i reinstalled it twice! i checked MD5 sums! help me pls!

System config
2 gigs ram
GeForce 8800
some Core 2 Duo processor

"Application failed to start because application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix the problem"

System config
2 gigs ram
GeForce 8800

U havent read the start post , did ya ?

Look the first post of this thread... find the link for visual C+++ and download the x86 version...and ur done.

U havent read the start post , did ya ?

Look the first post of this thread... find the link for visual C+++ and download the x86 version...and ur done.

nope i didnt mate!
thanks lol

I now downloaded all 6 files today in one folder...everything appeared to start out correctly however it is asking my now for a disk #2 or installation so i gave it the path with the correct folder. It says setup can not open the correct archive file(you may have inserted the wrong disk) but the path i gave it //documents/settings/hp adm/desktop ect is not registering and yes all my files are under one folder and yes the path adress is for setup exe file 2. Also as i cancel it all it says a decrompression arror occured in file 6 (read/write falure). should i try to redownload file 6? or what?

also i am on windows XP and i did not yet try to install the x.86 windows update from MA

I now downloaded all 6 files today in one folder...everything appeared to start out correctly however it is asking my now for a disk #2 or installation so i gave it the path with the correct folder. It says setup can not open the correct archive file(you may have inserted the wrong disk) but the path i gave it //documents/settings/hp adm/desktop ect is not registering and yes all my files are under one folder and yes the path adress is for setup exe file 2. Also as i cancel it all it says a decrompression arror occured in file 6 (read/write falure). should i try to redownload file 6? or what?

I'm having the same issue on my XP comp. I had no problems with getting it going on my Vista machine.
Any idea's what I should try next??

I have no problem installing or running, it is keeping it going for more than 2-3 min.

I tried every video setting all that does is make my chat window text fill the left side of my screen and keep my mobs and my health bar empty at all times.

Anyone got ideas?

Cheers Legion all that helped me to get to the point where the Client Loader is now happening. Here's one for you techie types? I got in briefly, accepted at Avatar creation and my PC froze. Did a pushup/restart and ever since I try to login it just times-out and now will not login. I had a friend/relative login from his place & he was able to get in ok, I'm thinking perhaps it's my port settings now? Anyone have a list of the ports we can open to facilitate playing?

Edit: Just saw Grampas post, my issue sounds very similar (has been reported to support)

Major Update = save Peds = Exploration is free :yay:

Last edited:

System config
2 gigs ram
GeForce 8800

same problem here but I allready installed this C++ thing on my comp.
But I still get same message. not able to start client :(

Running XP System, GeForce 7600GT, AMD Athlon 2700+ Processor, 1.75 GB ram (definately not enough) but yesterday I was able to login an play with low resolution.

I also have to say I decided today to re-install my computer from vista to XP today, since I run it with XP today (C++ thing allready installed again today) did not work with client start :(

any suggestions ?

Thanx for help!

same problem here but I allready installed this C++ thing on my comp.
But I still get same message. not able to start client :(

Running XP System, GeForce 7600GT, AMD Athlon 2700+ Processor, 1.75 GB ram (definately not enough) but yesterday I was able to login an play with low resolution.

I also have to say I decided today to re-install my computer from vista to XP today, since I run it with XP today (C++ thing allready installed again today) did not work with client start :(

any suggestions ?

Thanx for help!

SUGGESTION FOR YOU: READ THE FIRST POST :girl:

1) if on windows xp Go to Microsoft update. Install everything, meaning, all essential and optional updates. If it wants to reboot, let it reboot.
If on Vista go to windows update using the start menu, should be a "prog" in there
2) Repeat 1 untill all updates are installed (it can take a couple of minutes before new updates appear, so after a reboot wait 2-5minutes and check again)
3) Go to Visual C++ runtime update
4) download and install the vcredist_x86.exe on that page, EVEN if your on a 64bit os! it's the x86 you need.
5) Done

Last edited:
I have a problem.. EU V. 10 is downloaded, all the patches are downloaded and installed...

When i click on the launch button from the client loader, a black screen appears with music in the background.. After 10 secs or so, the black screen screen starts shaking like crazy with desktop appearing and disappearing.... no login no nothing... If i press ALT+TAB and go to the loader on the desktop and press Lanuch button again, i get a message entropia.exe is already running

Can anyone suggest a solution?

I have on my laptop:

Windows vista home premium edition 32 bit, NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS, Core 2 Duo 2.8 GHZ processor and 2 GB RAm

Last edited:
Hello!

I installed the game without problems but when i try to launch it this box pops up.

eu_error.jpg

Problem is it's not loading at all.

Is this a known problem?

Thanks in advice!

I have a problem.. EU V. 10 is downloaded, all the patches are downloaded and installed...

When i click on the launch button from the client loader, a black screen appears with music in the background.. After 10 secs or so, the black screen screen starts shaking like crazy with desktop appearing and disappearing.... no login no nothing... If i press ALT+TAB and go to the loader on the desktop and press Lanuch button again, i get a message entropia.exe is already running

I have on my laptop:

Windows vista home premium edition 32 bit, NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS, Core 2 Duo 2.8 GHZ processor and 2 GB RAm

in the options menu beside the start button, try to choose low quality for graphics.

I have on my laptop:

Download the latest drivers from nvidia.com

Hello!

I installed the game without problems but when i try to launch it this box pops up.

Problem is it's not loading at all.

Is this a known problem?

Thanks in advice!

Hi, try to check whether the UPDATE****.exe file is being blocked by your ANTIVIRUS or some other program. That could be the only reason you are not able to connect through coz something blocking it.

Thanks,
Ankit...

Download the latest drivers from nvidia.com

did that only 2 days ago.. also just checked the NVIDIA site and it confirms that i have the latest drivers and don't need any..

wtf is wrong with MA? didn't they do any debugging before launching v10?

Last edited:
Wow, first thread I try to find info on my problem.... actually provides the solution!

That's a first!

Followed your instructions on the C+++ and Now I can get past log in..But now I'm stuck at the Make your ava screen...No biggie except everything is black I can't see my ava...

Any idea what that's from?
And how to fix?

Apologies in advance if I missed the thread covering this (if there was one)

Eh screw it...I'm sure MA will fix it when they wondering why I quit depositing...

Just wanted to say thanks. I ran into an error when trying to install telling me that the files were corrupt and to redownload. Followed steps three and four. Worked after that.

Thanks again. :)

Followed your instructions on the C+++ and Now I can get past log in..But now I'm stuck at the Make your ava screen...No biggie except everything is black I can't see my ava...

Any idea what that's from?
And how to fix?

Apologies in advance if I missed the thread covering this (if there was one)

You are lucky you can get past the avatar creation.. i can't even see the login screen

Back