Compiled help for issues or errors installing VU10.0 client

Ok so, windows update is playing up on me big time, but apart from that I'm getting this message when trying to install the C++ fix thingy.

Any ideas???

Ok so, windows update is playing up on me big time, but apart from that I'm getting this message when trying to install the C++ fix thingy.

Any ideas???

Did you run as admin ?
Did you choose the x86 redistributable (really important on 64 Bit OS, you need the x86 one!) ? ?

Yep, I have the x86. I know because I've installed it fine on my PC, this is on my gf's laptop. Have been trying to update windows as recommended but not having much luck. Guess I'll just keep trying that. Thanks guys.

Yep, I have the x86. I know because I've installed it fine on my PC, this is on my gf's laptop. Have been trying to update windows as recommended but not having much luck. Guess I'll just keep trying that. Thanks guys.

Another option suggested would be to de-install anything C++ related, deinstall the client and then reinstall the client. Worked for some, but since you can not get the updates from S it is a bit weird. What OS and is it really a legal one ?

And can the laptop even handle CE2 ?

Another option suggested would be to de-install anything C++ related, deinstall the client and then reinstall the client. Worked for some, but since you can not get the updates from S it is a bit weird. What OS and is it really a legal one ?

And can the laptop even handle CE2 ?

Vista Ultimate 32bit SP1 (maybe should update that?), came with, registered.

Intel Core2Duo @ 2.50GHz 2.50GHz

2G RAM

GeForce 9500m GS gfx

Should run no problems.

How would I delete and reinstall the C++ related stuff?

Thanks again.

Dont know if i should post in here or not. i got everything working, but once i get my login screen p put lal my details in and click login just sits there for about a minute then says connectin lost, but soc mates haev been telling me on msn that they see me log in, wtf is up with that?? i just want to be able to ge ton lol

Vista Ultimate 32bit SP1 (maybe should update that?), came with, registered.

Intel Core2Duo @ 2.50GHz 2.50GHz

2G RAM

GeForce 9500m GS gfx

Should run no problems.

How would I delete and reinstall the C++ related stuff?

Thanks again.
Weird, what does it say when it tries to update ?
Maybe any Norton firewall/antivirus installed ?

The deinatallation should be left as last ressort :D

It says Windows can't download updates, then it says it can, then it says it is, but it never seems to get anywhere lol. Am installing SP2 as we speak, didnt realise it wasnt already on this pc, will let you know if it helps.

Thanks.

I came to the ava creation screen, did my change and pressed "accept"

then nothing... my ava looking at me but cant get in the game and no buttons to push

my problem is really wierd, I run the client loader, press launch and then a message pops up that says please run entropia from the client loader.exe :mad: WtF! I am running from client loader.exe? anyone know how to solve this problem? :scratch2:

¡Help me please!

When i run de client loader, previus the login, i get this error messages:

3_4a92b775589a3.jpg

and then:

3_4a92b782b0521.jpg

¡Help!

Thanks!

JoseM

Can not install the C++ redist? :p

Think this should be added to the start page:

I was having this problem:

Trying to install MS C++ redistributable but to do so it needs to uninstall the old version. However it can not "find the source" and keeps asking me to insert disk 1 or browse to it's source. Well I don't have either and thus my installs are failing because they can not remove the old version.

To fix this:

1. Install the "windows install cleanup tool"
2. uninstall the MS C++ redistributable "installs"
3. try to install the MS C++ Redist as before. Should work fine now.

Hope this helps.

OK, I need some help if you guys are upto it! :D

I finally was able to install the new Entropia....

And when starting it I get this:

(EDIT: this error message is directly after hiting the "Launch" icon in the client loader. It looks like it tries to start then crashes and gives this message.)
untitled_72157.jpg

I tried changing all the settings but no joy.

I'm running MS Windows XP "Media Center Edition" (Vers. 2002, SP3) and the CL thinks otherwise.... Maybe this is the problem?

Anyone have any fixes for this?

Thanks! :)

p.s. Yes I did all the things in the opening post.... :p

Hi everyone.. trying to go around my problem, can't even start client loader, says the configurations are incorrect and to try reinstal the aplication or something like that...a little mess around here, didn't searched completely to see if this is a common problem..

Hi everyone.. trying to go around my problem, can't even start client loader, says the configurations are incorrect and to try reinstal the aplication or something like that...a little mess around here, didn't searched completely to see if this is a common problem..

Read two post up! ;) Think I had the same problem and fixed it as I show there.... Read starting post too though! :)

So, no one had this problem and managed to fix it?
H:\Jogos\Entropia Universe\bin32\Clientloader.exe

This Application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstally the ap may fix this problem.

So, no one had this problem and managed to fix it?
H:\Jogos\Entropia Universe\bin32\Clientloader.exe

This Application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstally the ap may fix this problem.

I encountered the same problem, re-launched setup, waited until completion, then it worked.
Of course, now i stumbled upon the problem of never passing authentication in login screen, but, that's another story

Well, i searched a bit more, and came across something regarding the microsoft c++ thing, and so i installed some security update for it and installed it. and so, now it works, updating the software.. now the problem is i got antivirus so far that don't work due to that first problem i encontered when lauching the game... oh well, updating, downloading, installing.... what a wave :laugh:

I now downloaded all 6 files today in one folder...everything appeared to start out correctly however it is asking my now for a disk #2 or installation so i gave it the path with the correct folder. It says setup can not open the correct archive file(you may have inserted the wrong disk) but the path i gave it //documents/settings/hp adm/desktop ect is not registering and yes all my files are under one folder and yes the path adress is for setup exe file 2. Also as i cancel it all it says a decrompression arror occured in file 6 (read/write falure). should i try to redownload file 6? or what?

I had the same problem until I renamed the downloaded files to match

entropia_universe_setup.exe
entropia_universe_setup.2
entropia_universe_setup.3
entropia_universe_setup.4
entropia_universe_setup.5
entropia_universe_setup.6

(some of them had the .html extension)

Even so, I'm having a problem where the installation is asking for Disk # 7. I haven't read of anyone else having the same problem. This has got me completely stumped!

Okay guys, I can't get the install to work... I've read every post on every page of this thread, installed stuff, uninstalled stuff and reinstalled stuff. No go. Here's my specs:

Vista Home Premium SP2 (legal and registered)
Intel Pentium Dual CPU E2200 @ 2.20GHz
3 GB RAM
32 bit OS

Yes, I installed everything suggested from the first post. All I get from Vista when I try to run the primary entropia_universe_setup is "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." Which it never does. I downloaded these setup files on 8/20. Should I just deleted them all and re-download?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

I also got problems, when i try to login its all black.. The mouse is as it should but its all black.. what to do?

the patcher wont download entropia.exe :confused: i thought maybe i was downloading a corrupt file but no one else seems to have the problem

OK, I need some help if you guys are upto it! :D

I finally was able to install the new Entropia....

And when starting it I get this:

(EDIT: this error message is directly after hiting the "Launch" icon in the client loader. It looks like it tries to start then crashes and gives this message.)
untitled_72157.jpg

I tried changing all the settings but no joy.

I'm running MS Windows XP "Media Center Edition" (Vers. 2002, SP3) and the CL thinks otherwise.... Maybe this is the problem?

Anyone have any fixes for this?

Thanks! :)

p.s. Yes I did all the things in the opening post.... :p

I had the same problem. I went into bin.32 where the client loader is and left clicked it, went down to properties, under the compatibility tab, I had the compatibility mode check, I unchecked it then it started working correctly. Good Luck! :wtg:

Your Computer

Operating System: Windows XP
Memory: 3072
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT

Maybe answered somewhere else however, I have 4gb memory in both my dell and hp computers.

The dell above was reading 2048 until the second last update when it jumped to the above 3072 and game improved dramatically.

However the HP remains on 2048 and graphics are not so good.

Any Clues would be appreciated:)

Jung

decompression error #6
is what i am getting and its asking me to insert disc or browse for files

I now downloaded all 6 files today in one folder...everything appeared to start out correctly however it is asking my now for a disk #2 or installation so i gave it the path with the correct folder. It says setup can not open the correct archive file(you may have inserted the wrong disk) but the path i gave it //documents/settings/hp adm/desktop ect is not registering and yes all my files are under one folder and yes the path adress is for setup exe file 2. Also as i cancel it all it says a decrompression arror occured in file 6 (read/write falure). should i try to redownload file 6? or what?

Same boat here for a week or 2 now. Downloaded everything and redownloaded evrything till my monthly internet usage was shot. Then waited like a week till first of Sept to redwonload the files after deleting the others only to end up with the SAME shitty problem.

INSERT DISK 2 or browse... then decompression error WTF? This is too damn complicated. I'm running Vista. Just no end of trouble with this, totally left in the lurch with this stupid Insert Disk business.

Finally I see i'm not the only one plagued with this problem.

I miss my fecking avatar!! Three weeks later.... :(

Hey you guys with the Insert Disk problem during Installation, I just managed to Install and I have the shortcut on my desktop.

If you can look on the Forum >Technical> and the thread is WHY???

Have a read and it could also be the answer to this annoying problem.

Thanks to DR Doom for suggesting to extract the zipped files! :wtg::bowdown::cheer:

Basically I had the files (compressed zip) and I had to right click and Extract each in turn. Then using the extracted exe. start installing and it will ask to Insert Disk 2 it seems that Disk 2 correlates to setup 2 and so on. So now Browse the folder the files are in and select setup2 the extracted one. Now it continues installing and stops asking for Disk 3, so browse setup3 and so on.

Then check the shortcut is there once it's all finished.

Haven't had the chance to click it yet and see how I go but it's a hell of a lot better than before!!!

thanks Legion your a star. +++rep

Last edited:
Back