Compiled help for issues or errors installing VU10.0 client

Thanks for a great post!

Noobish as I am I did use the x64 version and not the x86 as specified on the download page. Did even submit a support case before deciding to go here and see if anyone had an answer to my problems, and voila, found this as one of the first on my search :yay:

/Laurana

Tks, it is working now, Very Helpfull !!!:D

I don't get the error anymore, and the launcher patched. But when I click "launch" I get a black screen, with the cursor. I can hear the audio, but nothing else. Did i miss something?

I don't get the error anymore, and the launcher patched. But when I click "launch" I get a black screen, with the cursor. I can hear the audio, but nothing else. Did i miss something?

go into the options and hit the reset button, might help.

Hi.

Before new VU10 arrive i do download six install files. With new computer i try use this six files and install not work for me. Then i delete all and use five install files at Planet calypso page english language section today 10 September. And this works fine.

Greetings.

after installing V.U 10.07 i cant play becauce after inserting my pass Entropia not responding anymore what i must do???

New computer but cant login.

17241-crash.jpg

My installer is stuck in a loop keeps downloading and checking/testing the same update, any idea when MA is going to fix this problem?

:thumbup: to MA eu is lookin fit
Reagrds JJ

The problem is I cannot login to Microsoft site and download. What must I do?

The game used to work, but I did a windows reload, now also the patch load is stuck in a loop.:(

Problems with directx and other errors.

i have a problem with directx. its saying i need version 9c. i have directx 10 currently. running windows vista. i've seen a solution in this thread, but it didn't work for me. full details of this error and the other errors i keep getting when trying to install can be found at https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...s-installing-multiple-errors.html#post2122272

please post if you have any solutions to these problems :(

thanks,
James

Last edited:
I am receiving an error while trying to load dxwebsetup file you have mentioned at the first page. While installing components,it says: "A cabinet file necessary for installation can't be trusted.Please verify the Cryptographic Services are enabled and teh cabinet file certificate is valid."

:scratch2: Can't install directx, therefore cant install EU, what must I do? :(

New win 7 /64
Intalled EU fully with updates.
Loads
Cannot locate .exe
All updates done:scratch2:
Tried compatability in Vista 32 + sp 2 + sp 3 + admin... not working....errors.
Had a play with compatability, checked forum which says start from bin32
Did that no luck:scratch2:
Restarts computer (perhaps this is where it worked not sure?)
Knuckle heads thinks:)
On restart
Went to the versions of software in properties of EU on desktop >> tab 2 previous versions and clicked the most recent version update to start and updater started :)
Then went back and reset to compatability to 64 bit Win 7
All going :)
Hope it helps someone:D

Last edited:
New computer but cant login.

17241-crash.jpg

Did your mouse dissapear lke mine and if anyone has a solution please PM us!

I have logged using vista to reset mouse to system mouse and no difference.
Appreciate your help, possibly I'm too lazy having not read back a great deal around release days for RTM Win 7

Have all new/ latest drivers !

I am receiving an error while trying to load dxwebsetup file you have mentioned at the first page. While installing components,it says: "A cabinet file necessary for installation can't be trusted.Please verify the Cryptographic Services are enabled and teh cabinet file certificate is valid."

:scratch2: Can't install directx, therefore cant install EU, what must I do? :(

Yep, got the same problem here....any ideas anyone?

Cursor on login still missing
Able to login windowed easy but ...
Fullscreen remains impossible via an invisible mouse cursor buit it is is possible if you hover invisible cursor over the right box and correctly click then type. ( even though you cant see it)
In game after login in full screen, mouse cursor is still missing and its obvious the mouse is there but not visible ( higlights boxes when it is over them but invisible) ...anyone with some ideas, I'd appreciate them:)
Win 7 64 bit

Thanks

Did you try selecting the "system cursor" in the ingame options panel?
That should get you to a playable state.

Also, are you using any software (AV etc.) that prevents programs from changing your cursors?

Whips don't work any more :(

Too many pages to read if anyone mentioned that

Did you try selecting the "system cursor" in the ingame options panel?
That should get you to a playable state.

Also, are you using any software (AV etc.) that prevents programs from changing your cursors?

Thanks Misty for your reply.

I have logged in using playable OS and changed cursors, also changed cursor behaviours in Windows under pointer options to disabled "hide pointer options when typing" and this did not work.
have disabled Zone alarm and tried
have given privelages in zone alarm SSuite to logitech mouse software.
Set full control admin to all users in windows for client loader and .exe for Entropia .

I suspect this issue lies in HID usb drivers and unfound conflict with software, I'll try to work on Direct X next and see if any issue there per previous posting successes

I'll play a little more but appreciate whatever anyone can provide from experience as I would love to get Win7 64 bit up and functional.

Thankyou again for your time much appreciated.

Regards
Xaph :)

Xaph perhaps try getting MA to reset your avatar.

I was getting logged off every 6 minutes to the second for 2 days which i never would of thought could be due to my avatar, so perhaps this crazy mouse cursor is aswell? worth a shot mate, fixed my dilema after 2 days of messing and reinstalling and re damn well updating for 4 hours.

So yeah AVATAR reset :)

gl mate

Xaph perhaps try getting MA to reset your avatar.

I was getting logged off every 6 minutes to the second for 2 days which i never would of thought could be due to my avatar, so perhaps this crazy mouse cursor is aswell? worth a shot mate, fixed my dilema after 2 days of messing and reinstalling and re damn well updating for 4 hours.

So yeah AVATAR reset :)

gl mate
Hey mate thanks for the angle
I'll try that if it continues as mud, you might be onto something there appreciate the lead and good to here from an old EU mate:)

Gunho

Xaph

Did you try disabling the Logitech software? I used to have a Logitech mouse (on 32 bit XP) and uninstalled the software and never had any further problems, I only had a basic mouse so wasn't in need of extra buttons.

I have trouble with my MS mouse and the IntelliPoint software with EU, if I have the mouse software running when I log in I have very limited mouse control on my avatar, with it uninstalled I have full control again.

Again, this is a 'basic' mouse and works fine without any extra software so I can live without it.

So, maybe your problem is related?

If you have extra buttons that you need to bind then have a look at: http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Mice-Trackballs/Binding-Mouse-Buttons-3-4-and-5-in-Games/m-p/56203 and maybe change your Logitech settings.

Good luck.

Did you try disabling the Logitech software? I used to have a Logitech mouse (on 32 bit XP) and uninstalled the software and never had any further problems, I only had a basic mouse so wasn't in need of extra buttons.

I have trouble with my MS mouse and the IntelliPoint software with EU, if I have the mouse software running when I log in I have very limited mouse control on my avatar, with it uninstalled I have full control again.

Again, this is a 'basic' mouse and works fine without any extra software so I can live without it.

So, maybe your problem is related?

If you have extra buttons that you need to bind then have a look at: http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Mice-Trackballs/Binding-Mouse-Buttons-3-4-and-5-in-Games/m-p/56203 and maybe change your Logitech settings.

Good luck.

Excellent possibility I'll have a look at that soon :)

BTW referring to your sig
Old confucious proverb !
"man with hands in pockets always on the ball" ;)

hi gange,

i am having trouble reinstall eu here

An error occurred when trying to download a file.

entropia_universe_10.2.1.34917_setup.2

can anyone help me?

Back