Question: Why was CND made by Mindark?

Stutoman

Prowler
Society
Freelancer
Dan Richard Baker
I am not totally sure of this but other threads have hinted that mindark made CND.

Neverdie is developing planets from his own studios, so that gives him the ability to create cnd himself. Maybe mindark would need to approve it etc, how big the domes are and how many. But still I feel they should have let neverdie make it himself.

Also why would you charge people to tp up there if A) Mining is the same as on calypso. B) There are no mobs spawning yet. C) There is no music streaming through the radio.

Personally I haven't visited since the last VU but from what I hear Mindark totally screwed up here.

Also if you run slower inside due to low gravity in space (as was in the old VU) then why can you not jump really high too? That would solve the problems of the hills in the domes.

Also if you run slower inside due to low gravity in space (as was in the old VU) then why can you not jump really high too? That would solve the problems of the hills in the domes.

That is probably the best idea i read in the last few days !!!

I'm really too lazy to answer you initial question today, but i'm sure that others will take the time to answer you.

If I wanted to create CND I would make it flat flat, just 1 concrete slab with mobs on, no vegitations. :D

I am not totally sure of this but other threads have hinted that mindark made CND.

Neverdie is developing planets from his own studios, so that gives him the ability to create cnd himself. Maybe mindark would need to approve it etc, how big the domes are and how many. But still I feel they should have let neverdie make it himself.

Also why would you charge people to tp up there if A) Mining is the same as on calypso. B) There are no mobs spawning yet. C) There is no music streaming through the radio.

Personally I haven't visited since the last VU but from what I hear Mindark totally screwed up here.

Well MA made CND because at that time new planets did not exist (+ I guess from what the first TI sold and the publicity with it was good to do it again).
I think (never visited CND) but miners say claims are bigger there whatever that means.:scratch2:

Yes jumping higher will be logical.;)

and there a mobs only available on CND :) Daspletor :pPPPPPP the pink pig haha

Well MA made CND because at that time new planets did not exist (+ I guess from what the first TI sold and the publicity with it was good to do it again).
I think (never visited CND) but miners say claims are bigger there whatever that means.:scratch2:

No i'm talking about the remake of it for cryengine2. I know why Mindark made it the first time round.

because everything so far has been made by Mindark, CND is 4 years old (so maybe 4.5 in conception) while the "planets" concept is much newer, maybe only a couple of years? Note that Neverdie is developing planets for others.

You find bigger claims, but also much fewer, so on a bad run you can just find nothing with 200 amped bombs. And then some luckor scores a 28k tower within his first 10 bombs there ever (woot first trip to CND!!)

No i'm talking about the remake of it for cryengine2. I know why Mindark made it the first time round.

Ah I see. Well, bottom line is that ND doesn't have any say about what Mindark/FPC does. I think he's quite as surprised the way it turned out as everyone else. Of course he will give his opinions to the developers and it's likly they will heed some of it.

The teleporter is just temporary until hangars are back up and running.

Edit: Note that CND is not a "planet" as such, it's still a part of Planet Calypso and therefor not developed by ND.

Dont talk about things like that changed more or less in the game.
MA sayd: In coming VU's everything will be fixed.
So why donnt you make a thread like this after everything is fixed and you are sure that its sh*t or even better things came with CE2.
I cant say anything ( and im not saying at all) bifore MA has fixed all the bugs and everything.
Maybe MA (or as you sayd its maybe made by ND(so he would fix it)) will change to better side the whole CND and you will be able to climb all the hils and maybe high jumping (maybe worse) in coming VU's.
Peoples talking much nonsense right now, but dont forget that MA is fixing everything and working on it.
So, just be patience and see what will happen after MA will announce that everything is fixed. Only then you can make threads like this.
Cheers.
Cherry :cheer:

So why donnt you make a thread like this after everything is fixed and you are sure that its sh*t or even better things came with CE2.
I cant say anything ( and im not saying at all) bifore MA has fixed all the bugs and everything.
Maybe MA (or as you sayd its maybe made by ND(so he would fix it)) will change to better side the whole CND and you will be able to climb all the hils and maybe high jumping (maybe worse) in coming VU's.
Peoples talking much nonsense right now, but dont forget that MA is fixing everything and working on it.
So, just be patience and see what will happen after MA will announce that everything is fixed. Only then you can make threads like this.
Cheers.

A little bit passionate for a pretty simple thread? :scratch2:

Cheers.

Maybe you need to play ‘games’ alot of them to realize that gaming industry is not supposed to release non finished product.;)

When you will realize that the actual FPC under the CE2 is not just ‘bugged’ but is simply not finished you will realize how strange you post is.

But to judge games you must play games…;)

Ok did not get it that way.:)

Is quite simple ND is movie producer, not game designer.
When you see the actual CE2 in EU done by pro designer (I hope they are) you can imagine how hard it will be for someone not pro to do all project.

That why you go to game designer shools.;)

But why peoples making 100's of threads with same problems/bugs report and asking themselfs/everyones "Why is it so'' , ''How can it be so" , "Its not finished VU!" If they do realy know that MA is still working on it!
I could post the same answer to all the threads been made in last few days with an answer "MA is still working" and there will be no questions no more..

But why peoples making 100's of threads with same problems/bugs report and asking themselfs/everyones "Why is it so'' , ''How can it be so" , "Its not finished VU!" If they do realy know that MA is still working on it!
I could post the same answer to all the threads been made in last few days with an answer "MA is still working" and there will be no questions no more..

Well because humans are lazy they don’t like to search.:laugh:

I wrote same post at least 20 times am about to do as MA support does just copy past.

I start to understand why they do it.;)

I get you feeling is true so many disappointed ppl so many bugs post don’t really make thinks look good so yes if there was less of them it will kind be better.But can we actually blame them? After all is the MA that gives them the bugs = make them complain… remember Cherry what you see is two years work + 5 months testing.:scratch2:

PS. Cherry remember when we tried to help you get the game running? The all answers were on top of the forum. Did you read them? No. So don’t inspect ppl to read something you did not read.:laugh:

So you don’t forget you are human: >> https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/n00bs-corner/160209-see-post-something-usefull.html

;)

Last edited:
Back