MSR - EU Road Trips

Status

MindStar9

Self-Requested Deactivation
MindStar9
BI-WEEKLY SATURDAY EVENT
MSR - EU Road Trips

msr-eu-roadtripsthreadphoto_993141.jpg

As most of us have discovered, Calypso has now been outfitted with some long and winding roads that never seem to end, and MSR is coordinating some long adventurous treks across our fair planet. These road trips are of an exploratory nature in an effort to become reacquainted with our redesigned environment.

However, in doing so, it will give us an opportunity to report to the rest of the community just where these roads lead, as well as what the discoveries are along the way. These road trips will be broadcast live on MSR, with plenty of sounds to stimulate our senses.

Also, each road trip will come with its own thread, as there will be a photo contest involved, along with a nice prize.

Watch for the MSR Road Trip Threads
Join the MSR - EU Road Trip Club

Last edited:
Great idea, I am in!:yay: Well as long as MA agrees to let me stay in :confused:

Sounds like fun. :D

I'll keep an eye out for further info and dates, to see if I can tag along.

Just wait for vehicles, then we can cross 'em with our caravans :yay:

This is a great idea. I'll certainly join if I'm available.

Great idea, I am in!:yay: Well as long as MA agrees to let me stay in :confused:

YEAH :yay: ... it's official then, the road trips are going to be crazy. :laugh: This is good news Softy, and with you along, I know that the spontaneity of your personality, and off-the-hook-out-there stuff will certainly make it an adventure, BUT ... there are many who bring this element into the mix when we all get together, so this will be a FUN thing. :silly2:

Sounds like fun. :D

I'll keep an eye out for further info and dates, to see if I can tag along.

Excellent ... that would definitely be a plus to have you along Thor, to help smack around the mobs we meet along the way. :D

Just wait for vehicles, then we can cross 'em with our caravans :yay:

Awwww MAN :duh: ... where's your sense of adventure my friend? :laugh: Besides, how long have we been holdin' our breath for the vehicles anyway. ;) It will be cool once we get vehicles and spacecraft and anything else connected with space that we don't have yet, but excursions into the wild on foot make it more exciting. :wtg: Hopefully you'll be able to join us. ;)

This is a great idea. I'll certainly join if I'm available.

That's great Calin ... would love for you and many others to be able to enjoy these road trips. :)

GENERAL COMMENTS

These road trips will be an opportunity to explore our new planet from a road design perspective with the roads that lead out of our cities, and the new ones we find along the way that fork off into other directions.

Each trip will be a new adventure, because while we may begin at a road that leads out of a city, the rest of the trip will be a spontaneous path through our new world. And on these trips, anything can happen, and most likely will knowing some of the nutbars who will be a part of the caravan. :laugh:

Harassing the mobs along the way is a definite must to make it more exciting, but we will certainly have people along to help protect those with a bit less all around protection than others. The goal is to entrench ourselves in the environment, and drink in all that is offered.

There are some amazing vistas out there, and why I want to incorporate a photo contest with each road trip. The rules for the photo contest on these road trips will be quite simple. I think you'll find the method for choosing the winning photo for each of these road trips interesting, as well as fair ... and fun, because everyone's eye in the camera lens captures a subjective uniqueness that makes them all winners.

Also, with all photos submitted following the basic guidelines, there will be a photo video created, and set to music to share with the community. I will be taking a solo pic of each person joining a road trip, and then including that pic with name just before the submitted photo in the video.

What we will do with these road trips, is not only to show how much fun they can be, but also to entice others to join future road trips in an effort to explore our new planet in a unique way. The video of each road trip of the photos submitted for the contest will show others what we find on each journey ... not to mention those captured spontaneous moments ... it doesn't have to be all about the scenery, but about what you capture in all of those beautiful and unique vistas. :D

The goal of MSR is to not just offer scheduled DJ shows in various locations, but to provide a variety of programming content that takes it to the next level, and engages the community in more ways than just standing in one spot dancing our sweet asses off ... even though these shows usually turn out to be quite hilarious and fun because of the awesome creativity of this community.

We're taking our show on the road so to speak, and we can have roving DJ shows that include adventures where we can truly embrace our environment in a fun way. We also want to incorporate these adventures in several time-frames so that everyone gets an opportunity to join up for the fun and adventure.

Stay tuned for more details ... because the first MSR EU Road Trip will most likely be coming this Saturday, Sep 5th. :wtg:

As an update ... I am confirming that the first of many MSR - EU Road Trips will be at 14:30 (in-world time) on Saturday, September 5th. We will begin our first road trip out of Fort Fury, and where everyone should be at the designated time. If you wish to join this road trip but do not yet have the Fort Fury TP, let us know and we will make sure that you have it before Saturday.

Each MSR EU - Road Trip ... will be supported by its own thread due to the photo contest involved, and the Fort Fury Road Trip thread will be posted sometime on Wednesday, September 2nd, so stay tuned for all of the details. :wtg:

ooooh sounds like fun and haven't had a chance to get athena sp o.0! I'm in

ooooh sounds like fun and haven't had a chance to get athena sp o.0! I'm in

The road trips are a bit different Hon ... there is a specific MSR - Athena Spaceport TP Run scheduled for Saturday at 21:00 in-world time, starting from the East Scylla TP, but the MSR road trips are not TP runs. They are a different kind of adventure, and each road trip will be out of a different city or location, but there will be a separate thread posted for each road trip.

Right now ... the MSR - Fort Fury Road Trip is scheduled for this Saturday as well at 16:30 in-world time, and we will meet of course at the Fort Fury TP. We will take a road leading out of town as shown in the graphics header in the thread, and we will see where it will lead us. I know for sure we will meet Feffoids, Faucers, and Frogs (Tripudions) practically right after we leave the town, but who knows what we will meet up with along this road trip to destinations unknown ... that's what makes it an adventure ... there's no set destination. :wtg:

Come join us and have some fun ... check out both events for all of the details, including the contests involved. MSR is working on other events to get the community interactive as well, so stay tuned for more announcements. We also have some special programming coming up in the near future, so check the MSR sub-forum periodically for updates.

Ok I am not quite awake yet, 16:30 is 12:30 EST and 21:00 is 5:00 EST right?

Softy, if you would stop messing around with those BOBs, you wouldnt be so tired.. :naughty:

Another good thing that may help, is to set the 2nd clock on your taskbar for MA time, then when you point at the clock, you get a little popup that gives you EST, and MA time. If its after 12 noon, just add 12 to whatever the time says for the 24 hour format. Uses less brain cells, which can be helpful after just waking up. :cool:

Ok I am not quite awake yet, 16:30 is 12:30 EST and 21:00 is 5:00 EST right?

Well girlfriend ... you're awake enough to figure the times out, because you're correct. :D

Softy, if you would stop messing around with those BOBs, you wouldnt be so tired.. :naughty:

Another good thing that may help, is to set the 2nd clock on your taskbar for MA time, then when you point at the clock, you get a little popup that gives you EST, and MA time. If its after 12 noon, just add 12 to whatever the time says for the 24 hour format. Uses less brain cells, which can be helpful after just waking up. :cool:

LOL Aeg I have that set up already but had to calculate the 12 hours thats why I was exactly sure cause I still had to use some of the brain cells I had :)

Status
Back