Am I getting scammed for 200K? Help please!

Update 1.12.09
25 november support wrote that case will be resolved and my account unlocked before end of the week. 27 november (friday, end of week) they wrote "thank you for patience bla-bla, beginning of next week". Now it is tuesday's evening and nothing...
Anyhow, MA's quality of service is under any criticism...

If you get unlocked, it doesnt just mean everything is alright now, because this is Entropia.

I think you know that...

Mind to share some background information ?

Exactly what kind of background information you are thinking about?

Exactly what kind of background information you are thinking about?

Okay, lets go back to your original post then.

Right after VU10 my account was locked because of some “exploit investigation” putting on halt all my business in EU and making me unable to participate in EU and finish any deals in progress. Since then MA/FPC fail to explain what is wrong with my account and what kind of exploit they are talking about. To clear possible questions – I can't imagine me exploiting anything in EU. All my activities were concluding trades with other avatars, AFAIK without any bad history and well known and honorable players. Right now I am simply scared of loosing all my invested money for completely unknown reason...

May I ask for the names of the "well known and honorable players" you traded with ? (If not, np)

You say "AFAIK without any bad history".
How do you define history ? 2004-2009 ? 2008-2009 ?
Or did you gather the infos about other players from other players ? May I ask which players you were choosing to gather such informations ?

There is still no explanation from MindArk ? Nothing at all ?
Yet they decided to unlock you now.

That means the investigation is over, you will be fine and nothing is lost.

Werent you at court with Mindark ? I mean..200.000 US Dollar.

Does that mean that all my and possible everyone's else investments are not safe by any means ?

Im sure the EULA works somewhere into that direction, if MA decides against you.

And now I have payments to make and if I loose my account I will be double f####d:( Because bank won't care that I was scammed by someone... Also i had some private investors, who's money is locked as well. They don't care about me getting locked/scammed.

Investing money, that wasnt even yours, is always connected to the risk of loosing it. No ?
Im sure you were aware of that, when "investing" 200.000 US Dollar into a game called Entropia and should have taken some pre-cautions. (MA going bankrupt, you dying in an accident etc. etc. etc.)

Should I hope for their honesty?

Id say, if you are honest, you got the best chances for hope.

Should I contact Sweden police about company scamming me for vast money?

If you didnt do anything wrong (in MAs eyes you got locked for “exploit investigation”), calling the police would be the 1st thing Id do after "loosing" 200.000 US Dollar ! Hell, Id even hire a lawyer at the moment my avatar would have gone.

Thanks for your time.

Maybe Entropialaw can help you.. Weren't you all socmates? :rolleyes:

So, all is forgiven??

As you were??

What a silly game LOL

:scratch2:

This whole forum and this thread in particular is built on specualtions...

But all specualtion should have a basis...

This is a wonderful statement coming from you LOL

I have nagging feeling we will not see her in the banking business anymore and her money will be refunded...

i have had a quite insistant nagging feeling that you have no idea of what you are talking about, and its good to know that my feelings are so accurate..

and im pleased for the op that you dont :D

Update 1.12.09
25 november support wrote that case will be resolved and my account unlocked before end of the week. 27 november (friday, end of week) they wrote "thank you for patience bla-bla, beginning of next week". Now it is tuesday's evening and nothing...

i want to thank you for starting this thread and keeping it updated so people can form their own opinion about MA's quality of service and the safety of "investing" large sums of money.

It look like a fish, it look like a big fish, it smell fish, the smell is realy realy fishy, damn, its a fish !!

Seriousely I realy dont care that u was close to loose 200k USD on this plateform.

Why u come here crying ? lol this is awesome !

Normal fund administrator will never ever come here to cry out that he is in danger. Especially with this amount of money. With this much money I dont see any problems for u to buy a ticket for Gothenburg and sort that in PRIVATE with Marco or any administrative ppl in MA HQ.

The wole story just prove u was unable to protect ur ass (so ur clients ass) againts fishy ppl inside EU. That just prove u are an amateur.

If I were one of ur clients, I would FIRE u in the minute and I would ask u some "gentleman agreements" for the detriment, ofc.

Update 1.12.09

But I really wonder how you can accept that you and your assets get locked for more then two months. At least here in europe a court has to decide if freezing money because of a suspected crime is possible. In some cases the executives have the right to do so, too. But if a company does it without a decision it's illegal.

The only circumstance that makes your reaction understandable is that 200k is pocketmoney for you. But even if it is I would buy a birkin bag instead of a virtual bank for that money. Looks better and raises about 15% in value per year ;)

This thread (and most of its comments) just proves that the majority of EU players love to be mistreated, and the more they get mistreated the better they feel...

Last edited:
But I really wonder how you can accept that you and your assets get locked for more then two months.
[...]
This thread (and most of its comments) just proves that the majority of EU players love to be mistreated, and the more they get mistreated the better they feel...

Well, I disgaree here.
To start a topic like this in a case like this is a stupid move. As others said before: extremly unprofessional.

But I really wonder how you can accept that you and your assets get locked for more then two months.
[...]

There are two possible reasons for him to accept this:
1) You are right, he doesn't care.
2) The topic started lied to us. Maybe it was a ll a little different? Maybe MA could prove that something WAS fishy? Maybe the topic starter was very close to loose everything and he KNEW no court would help him to get the stuff back, because he did something fishy or even illegal?

I don't know any details about what happened, but one thing I learned from Entropia Universe forum:
Flamers and whiners never post the full truth.

Topic startes did not tell everything about the "scammed for 50k" (it turned out, someone shared an account, how stupid is that?, and obviously it happened here too.

Never believe the topic starters :)... better don't believe anyone, not even me, lol :D.

// Edit: sorry for posting in two different posts instead of one :(

i have had a quite insistant nagging feeling that you have no idea of what you are talking about, and its good to know that my feelings are so accurate..

and im pleased for the op that you dont :D

Yes.. it appears now I was just hungry...
;)

Or

was it that pizza Acapolco form the night before

Last edited:
i want to thank you for starting this thread and keeping it updated so people can form their own opinion about MA's quality of service and the safety of "investing" large sums of money.

I want to point out that you are pretty naive believing anyone here can form their "own opinion". MA won't tell you anything on this case as any company would not tell anything wheras the op is telling you a half-sided story full of accusations and missing valuable information. The op is trying to form your opinion in a way that suits him/her best.

Never believe the topic starters :)... better don't believe anyone, not even me, lol :D.

Actually it doesn't matter if I believe the OP or not, my answer is based on what she said and not what I believe.

Besides the only thing I said is that if the OP didn't get an official letter from a lawyer and his money was freezed by MA, then MA did something illegal.

This statement is not related to the truth of the story in any ways (at least if there is no capital crime like terrorism etc. involved). I am not interested in conspiracy theories wether they come from fanboys nor from MA haters.

I once was banned from MA, too, and if I would care about my virtual assets I would have sued them. And would have won.

Hello everyone.
Since all this idiotism is mostly over now I will try to make some conclusion and also answer some reasonable questions asked.
I won`t quote those questions since there are too many of them so if you are really interested - just read carefully through my post - you should recognise things you have asked about.

First, facts as they are now.
My avatar is unlocked and according to MA is free to participate in EU. According to MA support reply all this mess was about few items I traded in shortly before lock. Now those items are removed to "original owners". Which effectively means that MA's statements "all trades are final" are effective only when works in MA`s favour. It`s a pity that for some reason Rep`s trades and whole that situation don`t apply there.

McCormick
I asked those people to read this and post if they feel they want to public know their names.
It was mentioned TOU 8.f,J parts were violated.
If I die from accident I really wouldn`t care about any investments I made :)
I am reasonable person, and I see going into court as last action before sending in boys:p Also lawyers cost money, and if I understand correctly MA ain`t going to pay me any compensations for 3,5 months I was locked. So as long as I saw a slightest possibility to deal with that situation outside court I wasn`t using anything rising my expenses.
Otherwise I try to negotiate with people in case I have problems with them.

Centech
I have no idea who is running Entropialaw.

Hulyss
I totally agree with you that it is no problem to buy ticket to Gothenburg and go to MA office. However according to your post I must say that you never tried to talk with MA. So I can inform you that it is impossible. Those people for some reason i cannot really understand refuse to communicate with anyone who`s not their employee (insert couple wide-known names here). But that`s a thing everyone knows, exept you.

Galadea
I cannot accept that. And I really cannot add anything here at this point for obvious reason.
I`m not MA fan not a hater either. I am just a very dissapointed in their service and how they deal with theyr problems.

Smoerble
It is stupid to post things like that not only in thread like that but in any thread. If you don`t have to say anything constructive better not say anything.

And in general.
Thanks to everyone who somehow suported me.
What goes to those who did opposite... I could imagine you people sitting by your PCs, saliva pouring from mouth "SOME-RICH-BITCH-WILL-BE-BANNED-I-DON'T-CARE IF-SHE'S-GUILTY-OR-NOT-JUST-GIVE-ME-HER-PEDS-AND-ITEMS-AND-ALL-STUFF-AT-LEAST-IN-LOOT-POOL-SO-WE-ALL-PROFIT-FROM-OTHER'S-DISASTER". And I`m very happy to inform you all - it ain`t gonna happen.
I don`t understand why all that took 3,5 months, I wasn`t expalined how exactly I violateted TOU 8.f.j and how I could avoid that. I didn't get any explanation from MA except those I wrote above.

If u REALY have 200.000 U$D ingame, on ur account, u dont have to ask u many questions. Just one : At what time i will land in sweden.

If u a honest guy, they will receive u. I bet my hand on that.

But if u smell the fish, the bertha bot fish detector at the entrance will probably annihilate you in the street, on the sidewalk.

I totally agree with you that it is no problem to buy ticket to Gothenburg and go to MA office. However according to your post I must say that you never tried to talk with MA. So I can inform you that it is impossible. Those people for some reason i cannot really understand refuse to communicate with anyone who`s not their employee (insert couple wide-known names here). But that`s a thing everyone knows, exept you.

About me posting stupid things:

1) A while ago every player who was online recieved a red message, his account is locked because of running 3rd party software. It was a "bug" made by a tech guy, however me and a lot people called MA on the phone, while we were online and got the answer right away.

2) I had an issue involved with a significant amount of PED, far from your investment though. I called MA and got direct contact to David. He really tried to help me. Happened maybe 2 years ago.

3) This year I made a 2 day visit at MA. One call, one mail and I was free to go there. (Yes, I had to pay flight and hotel myself, lol :))

So please stop saying players cannot reach MA. It's simply not true and I and a lot other players can prove that.

Hello everyone.
McCormick
I asked those people to read this and post if they feel they want to public know their names.

I was one who traded with Jolana, dont know about others. MA didnt mentioned what i breaked (tbh i am 100% sure i didnt break anything in EULA), but they told next time i will violate EULA i will be baned pernamently. If you ask me, i dont feel particulary happy after such conclusion.... I believe, i deserve at least exact explanation, why trading with some avatars are "good" and why trading with some of them are "bad". At least some list of potentionaly dangerous avatars or exploits in official MA site, would be very helpfull to avoid such situations for peoples who dont care about MA internal fights or problems.

My avatar is unlocked and according to MA is free to participate in EU. According to MA support reply all this mess was about few items I traded in shortly before lock. Now those items are removed to "original owners". Which effectively means that MA's statements "all trades are final" are effective only when works in MA`s favour. It`s a pity that for some reason Rep`s trades and whole that situation don`t apply there.

Well the items you traded for were supposed to be locked out of the game. They are simply reversing what should have always been. Maybe it was for legal reasons who knows but something tells me in my gut the "botters" are still being tied up in some way legally.

As far as Rep I hope they work with him to resolve the issues. Its a bit different since that whole matter was not about locked items and involved a trust scam and/or account security (ie letting someone have access to an account) from what I can gather from the postings but that is another story in another thread.

I can only speak for myself here but had I been in your shoes I would not have posted anything on this forum about the situation. I would have dealt directly with MA/FPC and/or my lawyer. It would have saved you a "Big Ole Can O Worms" IMHO.

So congratulations on getting your account unlocked and I would direct any anger at those who traded you the items and then if they did so unknowningly they can direct their anger to whomever traded to them. Eventually that anger will finally reach those who knowingly did something "fishy" and put everyone else's account in danger.

Thanks Jolana for the updates. It's good for the community to know how MA acts in these situations.

I can't help but wonder though how come it took so long for you to get your account back when others who traded with the banned avvies were unlocked a lot sooner?? They've been unlocked for a month now. Seems MA took their time or?????? to unlock your account. Something seems wrong there. Did you trade with more than one? I don't understand them taking so long to put the items back where they 'belong.'

You mention you'll not get any compensation from them? I would think they could determine some average amount your bank makes per month and compensate for the time locked. It seems you're not going to push that issue. It is good to know though that a business in here can be shut down for an extended period of time like that... :(

Learned-
Nope... all trades aren't final.....
Yes, MA gets involved and puts things back when it effects them and their bugs.
No, you're not safe to trade in EU and risk losing everything.
As business owner / larger investor.. doesn't protect or help you in any way to get better service from them.

No - You're not compensated for THEIR mistakes (Their bug allowing banned avvies into the game in the first place that caused all this! )

Well the items you traded for were supposed to be locked out of the game. They are simply reversing what should have always been. Maybe it was for legal reasons who knows but something tells me in my gut the "botters" are still being tied up in some way legally.

(A bit off topic, but still related to some parts in general ;))
After 750 days of inactivity, the account is terminated.
All stuff on a terminated account will be put in tt, and tt-value is transfered
to PED-card.
My guess is that they want these items back in loot after 750 days.
Not many will remember all permanently banned avatars and their items,
and think when a highend item is dropped in loot:
"-Oh shit! A imp mkII is looted!", while it's probably from a terminated
acoount, rather than a new drop.
But the drop will for sure get attention from a lot of players... ;)

(A bit off topic, but still related to some parts in general ;))
After 750 days of inactivity, the account is terminated.
All stuff on a terminated account will be put in tt, and tt-value is transfered
to PED-card.
My guess is that they want these items back in loot after 750 days.
Not many will remember all permanently banned avatars and their items,
and think when a highend item is dropped in loot:
"-Oh shit! A imp mkII is looted!", while it's probably from a terminated
acoount, rather than a new drop.
But the drop will for sure get attention from a lot of players... ;)

Well in that case, as I understand it, the 750 days counter just became reset back to zero as of Aug 09.

Well in that case, as I understand it, the 750 days counter just became reset back to zero as of Aug 09.
Could be. But the day it finally drop, I doubt that many will remember a
account that were perm banned +2yrs earlier... ;)

Those people might have gotten banned before there was a counter. Now they got in, under the new rules, got banned again, and hey, now there is a counter. Yes, it is that obvious, and I've realised that since I heard about this months ago.

Those people might have gotten banned before there was a counter. Now they got in, under the new rules, got banned again, and hey, now there is a counter. Yes, it is that obvious, and I've realised that since I heard about this months ago.
There were a counter before these rules. I think it were at 510 days at
that time... Reason why I have this theory, is simple. A certain item were
dropped a certain time after a certain account were banned... circumstance?
Could be, but I truley doubt it... ;)

Tbh, since i am one who remember and know peoples, about whom we speak here (and was forced to lost a lot of peds cause this accident due coowned items)- as far i know, there never was any statement or proofs was given from MA about them, i know for fact one of avatars who got locked here wasnt even hunter type lately (we speak about hunting bot stuff here right?)or any official conclusion, but not like this one are first case... spider 90k+ loot went same way... so for me its other mystery who cost peoples time and money. :confused:

For MA everyone is equal to the TOU.
But some are more equal than others...

I'm very sure if it was with Bank Neverdie (Not bashing on ND) it would been solved in a completely different way and he would have a lot more feedback from key persons.

MA isn't helping themselves here, It would me make me very reserved to do a big investement after your story.
For example: New CP domes for sale, you buy them for 1M ped, the day after you do a trade with a person you don't know and suddenly your account can be locked and no decent explenation is given, and you are uncertain if you just lost 100K US$ in one day for months :confused:

But we only heared one side, it would be nice to get a statement from MA about your case. Why and how your account was locked, why you didn't got any real feedback and why it took so long.
MA responds often about small stuff here on EF, I don't see why they could give a decent explenation as well.

But we only heared one side, it would be nice to get a statement from MA about your case. Why and how your account was locked, why you didn't got any real feedback and why it took so long.
MA responds often about small stuff here on EF, I don't see why they could give a decent explenation as well.

They can't say much because what they did is illegal (at least if no capital crime was invovled). And if they would announce that they just lock people to check if something is wrong, it shows two things:
1. EU is implemented very very poorly: It isn't hard to code an app which does the necessary database logs and just locks the items, NOT the accounts. Actually that is so hilarious that it makes me smile.
2. Investing money in EU isn't safe at all

I thought about buying a mall when they were released, but that was just a flash of stupidity. When i got my rationality back it was very clear for me that I wouldn't make such an investment in EU and nobody sane would.

So they reversed the trades...

Does that mean they returned the PED that you paid for the items they took away from you?

Hello everyone.
Since all this idiotism is mostly over now I will try to make some conclusion and also answer some reasonable questions asked.
I won`t quote those questions since there are too many of them so if you are really interested - just read carefully through my post - you should recognise things you have asked about.

McCormick
It was mentioned TOU 8.f,J parts were violated.
If I die from accident I really wouldn`t care about any investments I made :)
I am reasonable person, and I see going into court as last action before sending in boys:p Also lawyers cost money, and if I understand correctly MA ain`t going to pay me any compensations for 3,5 months I was locked. So as long as I saw a slightest possibility to deal with that situation outside court I wasn`t using anything rising my expenses.
Otherwise I try to negotiate with people in case I have problems with them.

Centech
I have no idea who is running Entropialaw.

Hulyss

Galadea
I cannot accept that. And I really cannot add anything here at this point for obvious reason.
I`m not MA fan not a hater either. I am just a very dissapointed in their service and how they deal with theyr problems.

Smoerble
It is stupid to post things like that not only in thread like that but in any thread. If you don`t have to say anything constructive better not say anything.

And in general.
Thanks to everyone who somehow suported me.
What goes to those who did opposite... I could imagine you people sitting by your PCs, saliva pouring from mouth "SOME-RICH-BITCH-WILL-BE-BANNED-I-DON'T-CARE IF-SHE'S-GUILTY-OR-NOT-JUST-GIVE-ME-HER-PEDS-AND-ITEMS-AND-ALL-STUFF-AT-LEAST-IN-LOOT-POOL-SO-WE-ALL-PROFIT-FROM-OTHER'S-DISASTER". And I`m very happy to inform you all - it ain`t gonna happen.
I don`t understand why all that took 3,5 months, I wasn`t expalined how exactly I violateted TOU 8.f.j and how I could avoid that. I didn't get any explanation from MA except those I wrote above.

You forgot:

Jolana said:
Gabriel
No, I wont tell you about my former avatar and why THAT one was permanently locked

Back