Thread closing

Status
Thank you for the explanation :) But usually you give a reason, why not this time?

Think he did give an explanation..."at the request of David\MA"

Indeed, what rule did it break, other than an MA employee requested it be closed - and why no closing message as usual?

That's the reason there...

Imo u shouldnt just close the thread just because it was a request of David. What were the reasons?

:offtopic: stand still 711 :pic: we love ya m8 you keep this forum going for all of us :monkey:

We just like to know when were getting :nutkick: or if it was :whisper: or :trout: or maby even a :handjob:

But in anycase it is time to :locked: this topic as we already :smash: the subject.

Now everyone in EU for :shots: a bit of :rocket: and some :tp: (edit till 6 Oct)

Rock on EF :shower:

:offtopic: stand still 711 :pic: we love ya m8 you keep this forum going for all of us :monkey:

We just like to know when were getting :nutkick: or if it was :whisper: or :trout: or maby even a :handjob:

But in anycase it is time to :locked: this topic as we already :smash: the subject.

Now everyone in EU for :shots: a bit of :rocket: and some :tp: (edit till 6 Oct)

Rock on EF :shower:

So fuck the forum rules and lock anything for any reason?

as 711 has left this thread I see no answer coming.

The thread was nothing against 711, I love EF and PE/EU or whatever I'm supposed to call it :hug:

I Just didn't understand why a thread got locked and by whom :scratch2:

Dunno what the fuss is about, MA treats Planet Calypso as they want (see Landowners, Locked accounts, let the dynamics pick same persons to loot stuff) and 711 runs EF like he wants.

Planet Calypso is owned by MA.
EF is owned by 711.

Usually the owner can do what he want with his stuff, no?

*cough*

The thread in question was closed by me, at the request of David|MindArk.

FYI, MindArk/FPC officials only have moderator abilities in the MindArk News forum; they cannot close threads in any other section of EntropiaForum.

Clearly, They can close threads anywhere they like..

I'd be happyto bet absoloutly anything, that upon request of any MindArk/FPC offical, you would close any thread they asked you too. But, they will only request thread to be closed if it somehow sheds some negative light upon PlanetCalypso.. Which is in yours and many other peoples favour (including myself) !

Sinking Ship !!

711 posted he closed it at request of David read up :)

It is the why we wanted to know and that isn't going to happen so move along nothing to see here.

I was hoping he would explain it before leaving... it was a fair question no one was attacking him i think.

I was hoping he would explain it before leaving... it was a fair question no one was attacking him i think.

He did explain, He said David asked him to ;)

Ofcourse...

711 Has assets in-game, worth alot of RL $ .. So do all of his friends. He owns this forum, and can manipulate whats posted to further secure the value of in-game assets.

MindArk don't want anything negative posted, because lets be honest.. for the majority of us 'normal' players, its just throwing money away for entertainment. And not cheap entertainment. If people wake up from the addiction, they realise, and CHIP-OUT !

For all the guys with "uber" gear, land, malls etc.. They profit and will do anything they can to protect this form of income.

I've not read the forum-rules fully.. But i fairly sure chipping-out/leaving threads are not allowed? For what reason?

Perhaps EF needs a competition forum, where people can actully speak their mind (ER does not count!)..

I seriously feel as if EU is a sinking ship.. i could be, and probably am, very wrong.. but thats how i feel. Time will tell !

EDIT: Countdown untill this thread/post is closed or deleted!

There are good points in here. However, despite all the recent neg talk I think most people still like the game, they want MA to fix a few issues and continue playing the game the like.

With the arrival of the new worlds, things are going to be very different. How the planet partners implement their planets and how many new customers they get to their own planets are going have an impact on EU as a whole.

With Planet Calypso it is also quite predictable that it will change. Some of the changes I reckon will include gameplay elements that cost no peds to play, just a few leisure activities as addons e.g chess... The game also lacks true service professions i.e. professions where it's not a "gamble" but instead rely on an individuals personal skills to determine success. Trading is one such existing profession but more such service professions are likely to pop up. This would create areas in the game where they are indeed free to play. Players gain from such professions, FPC/MA gain from a more happier customer base.

Things take time though, MA have a lot on their plates, I'm sure they have such plans in the pipeline, with time we will see some of them materialise but progress is a slow road - it will take a long time.

Threads are sometimes closed without there having been a particular forum rule violation. For example, if a threadstarter requests that a thread be closed, or if a thread is disrupting the forum.

Considering that David|MindArk felt that he was being misquoted and his viewpoints being misrepresented in the opening post of the thread in question, I think the following forum rule would certainly apply:

Forum Rules said:
2.11 - Entropia Universe Terms of Use/EULA Violation
Any thread, post, signature or publicly viewable content that clearly violates the Entropia Universe Terms of Use or End User License Agreement (EULA) WILL BE DELETED, and may result in a temporary or permanent ban from the forum. This rule includes such things as the sale of avatars, the sale of PED or items for cash, attempts to circumvent the official deposit/withdrawal channels, attempts to exploit a weakness in the client software and/or Entropia Universe servers, or defamation of Mindark, its representatives and/or Entropia Universe.

in line with this portion of the EULA:

k. You may not spread any rumors, false or inaccurate information about MindArk, the Entropia Universe or MindArk's Partners, associates, staff or affiliates, which MindArk consider, at MindArk's sole discretion, to be potentially damaging, by using the Entropia Universe, IRC (chats) or any other public forums in any media, now known or not currently known, including but not limited to a web site.​

Hi, I would like to voice my opinion (normally pretty shy:ahh )

I agree a reason should have been given for closing the thread, as this would show at least some respect for the original poster, despite his views. This forum is full of interesting views and most of which are helpful, and help us get the game in perspective.

Unfortunately,the update a lot of us had been looking forward too has been less than perfect, and as well as being annoying (an understatement) for us, will also be a lot of hard work for the MA team.

The original post that was posted was most certainly a biased view, and if I am honest, made me think maybe MA are treating us like we are muppets. The game has run for a long time, and has continually been developed. This would be the same for any business, and any business strives to keep its customers.
Whilst there has been no reason given, IMO, I believe such posts do not attract new customers (or cash cows as someone put it)to the game, and we, the players are the ones who will end up suffering the consequences.

As to why there was no reason? Wasn't a clever thing to do IMO, as this opens up further roads of speculation.

Thanks
Ardle Gromit Cheese

welcome!

good to hear new voices,

and good points...

I have to say that even though certain comments made by FPC officials have come off as less than proffesional , I'd rather know the game is run by people who are emotionally attached rather than some sort of robotic gods on high...

most of us do understand that implimenting a new graphics engine will have hicups, and enjoy the game enough to see what the future will bring...

right now David seems frustrated with rampant negativity in the community...

as a human being, most of us can understand an angry comment or two...

At this point, i think FPC would be served with trying to harness this energy of the community into positive input...

1: give us a couple ideas you're debating for the future and let us give feedback...

2: ask us about the one (non loot related) frustration we want to see fixed

As a community, we love being able to interact with those who have input into the future of our hobby, which is why what was probably an offhand comment turned into a fiasco...

We'd be just as likely to respond if David made a thread about asking what we liked... Just give us [the community] some directions about how you'd like to help, let us know you're paying attention... and most of us will be alot more patient as MA works out the kinks in the new VU...

I hope that FPC understands that squashing negativity will only work for so long,

I hope they'll take the weird exchanges of the past few days and turn it into something positive...

welcome!

good to hear new voices,

and good points...

I have to say that even though certain comments made by FPC officials have come off as less than proffesional , I'd rather know the game is run by people who are emotionally attached rather than some sort of robotic gods on high...

most of us do understand that implimenting a new graphics engine will have hicups, and enjoy the game enough to see what the future will bring...

right now David seems frustrated with rampant negativity in the community...

as a human being, most of us can understand an angry comment or two...

At this point, i think FPC would be served with trying to harness this energy of the community into positive input...

1: give us a couple ideas you're debating for the future and let us give feedback...

2: ask us about the one (non loot related) frustration we want to see fixed

As a community, we love being able to interact with those who have input into the future of our hobby, which is why what was probably an offhand comment turned into a fiasco...

We'd be just as likely to respond if David made a thread about asking what we liked... Just give us [the community] some directions about how you'd like to help, let us know you're paying attention... and most of us will be alot more patient as MA works out the kinks in the new VU...

I hope that FPC understands that squashing negativity will only work for so long,

I hope they'll take the weird exchanges of the past few days and turn it into something positive...

Some really good points in there, which if implemented would make for a happier community.

My apologies for not posting a lock reason in the thread that was locked, as is customary. I certainly did not wish to cause any further drama or confusion.

If anyone has any further questions about the administration/moderation of EntropiaForum, please feel free to contact me via private message.

:locked:

Status
Back