WoF 2010 Pre-Launch News and Translator Call-Up

Seems South Africa may be in this time. Haven't checked all the posts so don't know if its been posted yet. :)

SORRY for the delay in getting the WoF 2010 sub-forum up and running; I did ask for it today but to be truthful, I'm glad I didn't have to sort all that out tonight; I've been working like a dog for the last couple of weeks and I'm shattered.

Rest assured, in the next few days (there are 3+ months till "kick off" after all) the Sub-Forum and all-new dedicated Website will be up, available and ready for all to see and use. I will of course do all I can to draw attention to these facilities once they appear.

For now, be glad you aren't me, find your countrymen, discover the joys of teamwork and plan plan plan :)

Hurrikane

It's good to hear WoF is alive... and kicking :laugh:; once the rules are set, I can translate for you (and post on our forum) the Romanian version.
Please put me down on the list.

It's good to hear WoF is alive... and kicking :laugh:; once the rules are set, I can translate for you (and post on our forum) the Romanian version.
Please put me down on the list.

All those who have offered translation services will be contacted by me as soon as I get the info out there. Where several have offered translation in the same language I'll probably go for the ones with the best English to begin with:)

Hurrikane

have the new rules been put out yet? is so someone point in the right way to finding them please this will be the thing that says if im in or out for the aussies this time...............

... Where several have offered translation in the same language I'll probably go for the ones with the best English to begin with:)

Hurrikane

Fair enough.

I can translate for the german speaking people. (our team has no name yet)

WoF 2010 pre-launch info:

Registration Starts: November 10th 2009

Captains Elected: Jan 10th 2010

First Match: Early February

Last Match: Early June

I would like to ask for the help of any multilingual players who can translate the new Rules and Info into readable text for the new Website and adverts (more of this later).

I'd like also to ask for anyone who knows players of any nationality not represented to ask them to step up for their flag.

Germany, Spain, Russia, as well as many other EU-playing countries, should all have a chance to shine. We want the whole EU-playing world involved.

Changes this year are intended to be final and a response to previous suggestions. They include bigger bonuses for both variety and winning a match, and more mobs for support to shoot at.
Moblists are also more progressive in difficulty through the Stages.

Proper Launch in a week or so.

Looking forward to number four:)

Hurrikane

you can count on me if you want a french translation

have the new rules been put out yet? is so someone point in the right way to finding them please this will be the thing that says if im in or out for the aussies this time...............

Expect them within 24 hours, sorry again for the delay.

Could you indicate which particular issue would cause you to not take part?

(Not that much will change in the meantime, just like to be informed:))

Hurrikane

Expect them within 24 hours, sorry again for the delay.

Could you indicate which particular issue would cause you to not take part?

(Not that much will change in the meantime, just like to be informed:))

Hurrikane

private message sent to you ;)

I can translate to Afrikaans if needed.

Probably not the right place to vent my frustrations on an event that seems to be riddled with lupholes, in an environment that seems mercenary and not honourable or patriotic.

Edited by Hurrikane.

To Macaulus: I'm sorry you feel this way but the issue you mention (mercenaries) has yet to lead to an unfair victory and will be addressed if and when it does. All events are different, the WoF allows a variety of tactics. Support is not the main part of the score, and Supporters are rewarded in many ways; ammo refunded, decay paid, even PED for playing. It's up to the teams what arrangement to make and to organise their efforts in any way they see fit.

I edited your post because it casts unfounded claims at an innocent party.

Hurrikane

Last edited by a moderator:
I can translate to Afrikaans if needed.

That would be great:)

If you do, post it as a new thread saying "WoF Rules (Afrikaans)"

Anyone else who's offered translation; so far we have Romanian and now Afrikaans on the way; would love to have Spanish and German, as well as any rarer ones:)

Hurrikane

seems the innocent party bit is a perceptual thing, i do not believe they are innocent, and you do.
the issue you mention (mercenaries) has yet to lead to an unfair victory
I dont believe this is the case, again perception, i will no longer put forward my opinion, seems if its not along the party line, it just gets edited out. Also seems that you do not believe this is a problem and its obvious things aren't going to change, count me out in 2010.

seems the innocent party bit is a perceptual thing, i do not believe they are innocent, and you do.

I dont believe this is the case, again perception, i will no longer put forward my opinion, seems if its not along the party line, it just gets edited out. Also seems that you do not believe this is a problem and its obvious things aren't going to change, count me out in 2010.

It wouldn't have been edited in the Suggestions thread. In the thread I'm using to get people to take part in my event, it's misdirected and had to go.

Hurrikane

i can do the german translation.

Back