WoF 2010: Team South Africa

First update failed so busy with round two now ( from scratch). Not sure if it will be done by tomorrow but am hopefull.

ouch... big update too not very kind on the cap

~mumble~ :( cap... whats that? :dunno: at the rate i'm purchasing top ups.. i may as well just upgrade my account to the 10GB

this is getting annoying - all the updates that fail.
I most of mine work (running xp) but slaine(running Win7) get problems every time.

~mumble~ :( cap... whats that? :dunno: at the rate i'm purchasing top ups.. i may as well just upgrade my account to the 10GB

I am thinking of changing to 10gig as well, I am already on 13gig for the month:(

Big thanks to e-Lite,
He created a channel for us 'WoF Team SA'
Server Address : ts.starbase.se:8767

Give him +rep for his trouble.
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/wof-2010/...server-31.html

I cannot find the server, are all the details correct or am I missing something?

PS...I am waiting at Ithaca atm;)....lol going to Zeus I read meeting place wrong

Am I doing something wrong?? cant connect to ts

Teamspeak v2 client might be the best option, i have not tried v3 yet

Having problems getting this download... tried yesterday and kept failing... left it overnight and this morning if had failed.... and retrying has kind used my cap up :mad:

Trying to add more but having a problem there as well :scratch2:

Yeah, maybe if i try to download the update for the 69th time it will work, does not help that IS chose to work on their system this week:mad::mad::bomb:

For those that does not know afrihost bandwidth is R29 per gig

We finished scouting locations and planning our strategy for Saturdays WOF round.

Proposed time- 20:00 SA time

We need everybody to pm Mayorputty with you relevant skills (hit/dmg/evade/dodge), HP and bot hunting gear so we can decide in what teams to put everyone.

Even if you can only tackle small drones we have a place for you. Anybody who wants to come and just fap is also more then welcome;)

The more teams we have out there the better our chances will be of getting enough points.

Regards Mordrell

Last edited:
Pepto, your a life saver! as always!

:beerchug::bowdown::beerchug:

I am taking the no response on the 1800 MA Time slot that everybody is happy with it.
So it is booked.

SAT 27 FEB 2010
1800 MA Time (20h00 SA time)​

WTF with 20h00??

My soapies :cry:

LOL, kidding...

Maybe...

Ok not really...

I'll be on before that just get Jay to shout at me in FL

*Buying portable television 115% @ boxes*

Anyone interested in helping with planning of the teams, drop me a pm.

Ok we settled on teams for round two;)

Main:
Mirewen Mir Ashem
C'Nedra Neddy Drak'mar
Gundarin Gergg Goreon
Major Fluffy Putty

Support #1:
Slip snurb15 Knot
undead Slaine hellspawn
Mordrell Baas WHAT

Support #2:
Gladiator Ripper Ferdius
Jason Pepto Amsterdam
Johnny Jay Appleseed
Hendrik Lokprakash Swart

If there is anyone I left out or who is not happy with the team setup pm me and I will update it.

Since I am dropping a deposit for this I just would like to get an idea of how much more or less so please can my support teammates tell me (Via PM or here):

Armour you're going to use
Gun you're going to use
Amount of ammo you're going to bring
Misc info that might be important (FAP maybe)

Gladiator Ripper Ferdius
Johnny Jay Appleseed
Hendrik Lokprakash Swart

My guesses so far:

Johnny Jay Appleseed - Settler amour, unamped Opalo (TT 0.75), 1000 medium cells and 2 probes :laugh:

P.S. I know it will be stack share, but what are the feelings regarding a solo kill that drops an item? Like if I end up away from you three and I kill something solo (only I damage it and only my name appears on the looting) and it drops an item worth a decent amount, then is that item mine or must it be split?

Generally if you were the only person who inflicted damage on the mob then looted an item, it would be yours to claim, but thats for you and your team mates to decide. Personally when in a team i settle on a general rule that any items over a certain ped amount be shared - you are after all team mates.

Usually you hunt in regular teams so you know what the deal is... when hunting with new people things change somtimes :scratch2:

Best suggestion would be to discuss with the team you will be hunting with before hand and all agree how you going to handle items when looted :)

I generally use the following rule for item sharing: item get split if it has a tt worth of over 10Y, where Y is the number of people in the team. Also everyone in the team is eligible for a share whether they were afk/revive/restocking.

But I also like your idea of if you kill a mob solo you get to keep the item;)

Best is to discuss with your team mates before you hunt.

PS.......I can make anybody who wants one a sig (see below) Have a gereral template save just send me a avatar pic :)

For main team loot rules, finders keepers

<code> code removed </code>

MP

Last edited:
In reply to previous <coded> message

<code>
Ek kan jou standpunt verstaan, ek het ses duisand rand twee weke terug gedepo om my sala te koop, was nie bewys ek sou deelneem aan wof die jaar nie, anders sou ek 'n bietjie gewag het. Maar wat ek oorhet en die bietjie wat ek nog kan depo behoort genoeg te wees. Wat ek vroer gesê het was meer gerig op 'n gewone span jag. WOF is 'n hele ander dier.. hier is dit nie "gaan jag en hoop jy maak 'n wins", dis eerder maak alles voor die voet vrek en hoop vir liggies :yay: So ek stem heeltemal saam met jou maj. Elke span moet maar dit bespreek en sien wat vir hulle pas.

<code>

All we can hope for is that we all do our best according to our abilities.

Back