Estates market idea!

Ludvig|MindArk

MindArk Official
Staff member
Admin
MindArk Official
Formerly "Foeburner Nighthawk Delta"
How about seperating the estate part from the auction, and making it into a building on it's own? :)

This estate building could exist in 2-3 towns only, adding a more unique feeling to some places :D

The building could have the following things:
- 3 'estate brokers', one for each category (shops, landareas, apartments/houses).
- One wallmap of Amathera with land areas marked out and some script so they change color if for sale (yellow instead of green or something).
- A function to let the seller of an estate upload a screenshot of the estate, and a small layout map of the estate in question.

Other suggestions? Or do ya just think this is a bad idea? ;) lol

I like most idea's that involve getting away from the universal auction house. I think an estate broker would work really well, I think apartments and houses should have their 'broker' at the building or near it at least. I really like the Wallmap idea for Land Areas too, it gives people a chance to see when LA's open up, and helps you comparison shop too.

The game does need more estate homes. Easy enough for MA to do and will generate more cash for them. I for one would like to have my house back but it was my decision to sell it. ;)

You know, MindArk is too lazy for the small & lovely details.

Else, nice idea. :)

You know, MindArk is too lazy for the small & lovely details.

Else, nice idea. :)

Well it would be FPC designing it, and Marco did say that more unique stuff, placemarks, and such as we have before VU10 will come back... :)

I have a few ideas on unique places for Calypso, so bring on a competition Marco! ;) lol

a couple of ideas...

Good idea... Here's a couple more...

- let deeds be sold in shops. They can be sold in shopkeepers and auction, but not in shops themselves... Yes, you don't want people to drop their deeds and loose access to the place that way, but come on... that auction fee for people that don't have a shopkeeper yet is very high.

- Break up market history between various deeds. No reason for a small apartment to have the same history as a hanger...

- even though this is not really estate related... let shops also sell stuff below 1 pec in value... You can't drop stuff like that, but can put it in a shop shopkeeper... gives shopkeeper owners an advantage in selling in some ways. Best example I can come up with would be sweat... can't sell less than 1k in shop since 1k or more has a tt value... but you can sell less than 1k in a shopkeeper.

I like the idea. I also consider a commodity exchange and letting the auction of today have focus on finished products.

I like the idea. I also consider a commodity exchange and letting the auction of today have focus on finished products.

Cool :) I think that might be a nice idea :wtg:

It is nice to see you responding more often on EF lately.
Or at least I notice now :ahh:

I like this suggestion... I really like the idea of apartment/LA/Estates being listed separately and the statistical sales data being separated...

Go on Marco, you know you want to do it...:D

It is nice to see you responding more often on EF lately.
Or at least I notice now :ahh:

Nah, he's is actually taking note of what we do here on EF now days. :)

bumping this :wtg:

I also consider a commodity exchange and letting the auction of today have focus on finished products.
Nothing too drastic I hope! Just a SMALL change would be fine.

Great ideas, and good to see Marco in this thread too :)

I really like this idea.

I'd also like to see an advertising broker so the advertising can be directed to different cities/ displays with different rates. ie big screen at Twin Peaks cost more than same screen at less populated towns. The advertising in game could be linked as a package buy for estate listings, so the listing with image gets some airtime on ad screens.

To make it even better, I'd love to see players link their screens into the broker system, so someone buying some advertising could buy ad time on large screens at cities, some time on small screens (entrance to service centres) and on player screens in apartments, shops etc. Possibly build a rating system of the player screen locations - ie inside empty apartment = low ranking, inside busy shop or hair salon high ranking. The owner would then earn revenue based on ads shown on their screen.

I'd also like to see a building/NPC created to sell event tickets. A large screen could display ads for events, another could show a calendar of events. This building would be a one stop shop for anyone thinking they'd like to join an event. When an event is created at a Landmarker, option would be given to x number of tickets available at the landmarker, x number as tokens for private trade and x number to be sold through event building.

To take it even further and really ad some enterprise into the game, why not privatise these buildings, MA sells the ticket offices - the owner then makes a % of ticket sales and has incentive to promote events on behalf of event managers. I am in Australia, we have companies like Ticketmaster and Ticketek where we can visit their office and buy tickets to theatre, circus, sporting events etc and they take commission for the service.

I'm keen to hear if anyone thinks these ideas could work.

Last edited:
Well, maybe it's just me, but I prefer having as many things as possible in one place, rather than having to go to several different places to get things.

bumping this up hopefully to get marco's attention on all the good idea's that are here and that he had commented on in the past as a reminder to him to get to work before vacation time rolls around again

To make it even better, I'd love to see players link their screens into the broker system, so someone buying some advertising could buy ad time on large screens at cities, some time on small screens (entrance to service centres) and on player screens in apartments, shops etc. Possibly build a rating system of the player screen locations - ie inside empty apartment = low ranking, inside busy shop or hair salon high ranking. The owner would then earn revenue based on ads shown on their screen.
that would be a really cool idea.

bumping this up hopefully to get marco's attention on all the good idea's that are here and that he had commented on in the past as a reminder to him to get to work before vacation time rolls around again

I agree!! Bring some more uniqeness to the planet!! :wtg:

One of the better idea's I have read about.

Back