The Uprising and Fall - The Story.

Status

gizze

Provider
(Made this thread since I FINALLY found my old harddrive with some documents in a storage facility)

What to expect?
A long/shorter story about my history
Me getting screwed over twice by MindArk

This is something I wanted to share with the community today.
Not only to brag and live on old memories, but also the reason I quitted along with losing millions of PEDs. Perhaps PE would have looked differently if I had stayed.

So, instead of writing a complete story about my uprising and fall. I decided it would be too hard to remember all the good and bad things.

Had already started writing quite a bit, but it's all diffuse since all happened 7-8 years ago. So I'm making a TL;DR version.

As some of you know, my glory days were during the Betas, Commercial Open Trial and shortly after the launch of Gold.

I was the first player that looted the two first IMK2's in the game. First one that I kept until the day I quitted, the second I sold to Guty(?) for a whooping 2000PEDs. With the gun in my possession (the first), I impressed and made impact on alot of people. Created a hype since it was so damn economical, you basically failed hard not making money out of it.

I played roughly 14-16 hours a day for a long period of time, experienced most that was available at that time. Also looted pretty much anything worth a shitload of money today.

NEVERDIE claims that he were the first player to recieve a full set of shadow, maybe he was, but I was pretty damn close behind in that case.

Anyhow, to not actually make the "story" long, dull and boring to read here goes.

I loved this game, more addicted then many others. It was literally a fix to log on each day for my monster sessions. Today I'd say PE made me sick and very asocial. Friends stopped visiting, got sacked from work, family got worried. One person stood by my side the entire time, my girlfriend. And she still is, with our newborn since Dec 29th 2009.

Made alot of friends during this time, in particular De1ta, Linzey, Burnsey and Leafren. But also had a blast chatting with Angel and Heart. So many people I'd like to mention, but hard to remember them all.

So, while having alot of fun playing Project-Entropia, I also made alot of money. Profiting each and single day, I could withdraw about $1000 a month, and still have enough PEDs ingame to do whatever I chosed to.

I even visited De1ta and Linzey in Gothenburg for a weekend, to get a real face behind the characters I'd played so much with. Fun thing is, we actually visited MA headquarters! But, as we went there, we introduced ourselves to the employee who answered the door. Got told that he didn't care whatsoever who we were, and were told to get lost. Do I have to mention he slammed the door in our faces? Nice!

One day, me and Linzey had an intense discussion about the current state PE was in, and what we could expect in the future. We agreed that after none of them dropped for a month, anykind of high-end equipment would simply completely stop dropping from monsters, and the best investment would be to buy and put it in storage.

I think at that time I had roughly 20k PEDs on my account, and decided I wouldn't withdraw anything that month and start buying things.

This is a list of all the things I had in storage, copied from a document I found about my "investments". It's not to brag or anything, just to show how much effort I put into it.

I know I have written a little different in some old thread, but the document said it all.

8 Improved MK2 - 2300 PEDs each (already owned one)
2 Modified EWE EP-40 Mercenary - 3000 PEDs each
1 Improved EWE EP-21 1000 PEDs
15 Duped Modified Fast Aid Pack (I TT'd these in fear of my account)
3 Legit Modified Fast Aid Pack - Looted 2, third TT+1000PEDs
3 Improved Fast Aid Pack - Looted 1, 2xTT+500
4 Improved ARR8000M - Looted
1 Improved ARR4400M - Looted
7 Omegaton A106
6 Omegaton A105
10 Shadow Arms (M) - Looted
10 Shadow Arms (F) - Looted
10 Shadow Harness (M) - Looted
10 Shadow Harness (F) - Looted
1 Shadow Gloves (M) - TT+250
1 Shadow Helm (M) - TT+1500
1 Shadow Thigh-Guards - Looted
1 Shadow Shin-Guards - TT+1500
1 Shadow Foot-Guards - Looted

I do remember having alot of angel parts too, but I think I sold them cheap prior to this investment plan.

Also, I actually believe that at least 75% of all Mod Faps in the game are dupes. Perhaps even more!

---------------------------------------------------

WHY I CASHED OUT AND QUITTED!

I one day got a message from Linzey (who knew about me stockpiling equipment) telling me to sell everything I owned and cash out, fast!

Of course I asked him why, and he told me a friend of him who worked at MindArk had some disturbing news, news that we had to be very quiet about.

MindArk AB was going bankrupt, within 2-3 weeks. And Project-Entropia was coming to an end. I refused to believe that, but when I saw Linzey starting to sell off some of his equipment, I realized he was telling the truth. He was as hardcore as I was back then, so I knew he wasn't selling out just to quit.

A couple of days after the bomb mentioned above, an IRC log was sent to me from my friend De1ta, which definitely made up my mind. A log from the Marketing Manager at MindArk and an Operator in the official IRC chatroom.

Will make a reply to this thread with the entire log, with certain parts of interest highlighted.

I then started to sell all of my equipment in panic, for a few less PEDs then I bought them for. I do remember that 3 of the IMK2's went to players that are considered ubers today, and one of the few LEGIT Mod Faps went to Angel in cK for TT+1100PEDs.

It took perhaps a full week to get rid of the weapons, FAPs and gear. But didn't have enough time to sell all the amplifiers, before Linzey yet again tells me to cash out. This time with the added "NOW".

I cashed out, feeling a huge amount of disgust that I had to quit and leave Entropia. Around 10 days later, the money arrived at my bank account and I was relieved I actually got them before the bankrupcy.

A few days after MindArk AB went bankrupt, and I realized I made the correct decision, and thanked Linzey and De1ta for the information given.
What I had to regret though, was that MindArk AB was a few days later bought by MindArk PE AB!

The infamous Jan Welter Timkrans bought HIS OWN GAME and PROJECT-ENTROPIA was still alive! This made me really sick, I had a fever and naussia for a good two weeks, barely able to move out of bed to take a piss.

When I had strength enough and felt well I logged on Enropia once again. Character was still there, naked and broke with nothing except the friends list.

I was then planning on buying all my equipment back, but everything had skyrocketed in price. All the money I had made wouldn't even buy me an IMK2 again, so I logged off and uninstalled the client. Didn't even care about the items which remained in storage.

I then only kept my account alive for few good years by reactivating the account when the e-mail came. Never logged on. In fear of my own feelings.

A while later I didn't recieve more activation mails. Sent the support several cases over a period of 6 months or so (occured perhaps 8-10 months after I should have got another mail) but never got a reply back.

So I basically got screwed over AGAIN. Because when I did get a reply from support, it said "you need to either fax or send a real mail with a picture of your ID along with billing documents" to show them I was who I claimed to be.

I waited for a month or two before sending in yet another support case. This took a few months extra as well. But I got a reply eventually! And I remember it clearly saying "Your account has been terminated. All items has been sold to terminal despite markup and PEDs added to the PED-card. But since it wasn't more than 1000PEDs we're not forced to give them back to you "Please read #insert paragraph from the EULA here#".

Thanks MindArk. It was your fault all along. Twice..

-----------------------------------------------------------

If you did read this entire thing I'm impressed. I wrote the most out of my head again, and got to vent some old feelings I've had for years, but nothing to back it up with. There might be some errors here and there, but most is accurate. I shed a few tears of the past memories. Soft? Hell yeah..

Thanks again for reading the entire story, it got to be alot less text than I planned initially.

Over and out, in game "gizze the legend", the orange suited freshman with a tale to tell.

Just so I am clear...

Some friends told you MA was going bankrupt. So you cashed out as fast as you could so as not to be caught. Then... MA managed to survive after all. Ingame market got much better and your investments were too expensive to get back. And this is MA's fault... how? :scratch2:

Just FYI, this thread is basically hitting rule 3.8
Forum Rules said:
3.8 - Quitting/Leaving
Any threads or posts about leaving Entropia Universe or EntropiaForum, such as “I’m Quitting” or “Taking a Break” whether for positive or negative reasons, WILL BE DELETED without notice...

but since my co-mod has questions, we'll leave it for now, with no guarantees as to its lifespan.

And while we're at it, why did it take you so long (years?) to post this? and why now? I know you said you just found your old hard drive again, but... :scratch:

Last edited:

I see this post as a tale of what happened. The OP does say that they are back now in game (with a drone hunting log in another thread no less...). It's more of a "I quit once, but now I'm back" story...

A very interesting story btw, great read. A tale of dedication, overreacting, abandoning it all...only to return:)

this is a real sad story, if this happened to me i would prob be crying for weeks or months

but since my co-mod has questions, we'll leave it for now, with no guarantees as to its lifespan.

And while we're at it, why did it take you so long (years?) to post this? and why now?

:rolleyes: Are you fucking serious!? The guy has a story to tell and you come in here with your smug attitude trying to play King!?

The guy has given us a look how EU (well then PE) was in the early days.

Let the thread stand and give yourself a kick in the arse...

Sounds like you did ok from PE and got out in time before it totally messed up your RL.

My understanding was that it was basically a story about why he quit long ago. If I misunderstood, my apologies.

Nice to here about your customer experience

Im not sure if that breaks the rules or not, but that sucks. Srry that happend to you, and I wish I could do something.

Nice story! It's good to know I'm not the only one to lose a lot in EU out of panic and frustration hehe...
Pleased to make your acquaintance :)

Sorry to say m8, but I only hear a story about "I could have been the uberest of uber players" if it wasn't for Linzey who made me sell out 7 years ago.
And for some reason you blame MA for that, twice?! :scratch2::scratch2:

I never was in Beta, nor in CoT, I entered 2 months after gold. I would have loved to buy me an iMK-II or MM at the prices that you mention, because I started way to late to have a serious chance on looting them. But prices already were increasing on a fast rate due to guys like you, with lots of stuff as an investment in storage. I tried to buy an iMK-II at 17k and at 34k, both times I did not manage to raise the funds fast enough.
After that I let go of that plan, leave it to the people with the real deep pockets...

If you would have stayed, taken a bit of a gamble, you would have been one of the big shots these days. But you aren't and for some reason you have to rant about it and blame MA for it 7 years later...

7 years FFS, what's the purpose of your whine?! I don't get it... :scratch2:

yep kinda sad story

And for some reason you blame MA for that, twice?! :scratch2::scratch2:

That is actually the part I wonder about :scratch2:

Why is it their fault? :confused:

8 Improved MK2 - 2300 PEDs each (already owned one)
2 Modified EWE EP-40 Mercenary - 3000 PEDs each
1 Improved EWE EP-21 1000 PEDs
15 Duped Modified Fast Aid Pack (I TT'd these in fear of my account)
3 Legit Modified Fast Aid Pack - Looted 2, third TT+1000PEDs
3 Improved Fast Aid Pack - Looted 1, 2xTT+500
4 Improved ARR8000M - Looted
1 Improved ARR4400M - Looted
7 Omegaton A106
6 Omegaton A105
10 Shadow Arms (M) - Looted
10 Shadow Arms (F) - Looted
10 Shadow Harness (M) - Looted
10 Shadow Harness (F) - Looted
1 Shadow Gloves (M) - TT+250
1 Shadow Helm (M) - TT+1500
1 Shadow Thigh-Guards - Looted
1 Shadow Shin-Guards - TT+1500

If I count this together with your prices and some well estimate prices for your looted items, then it was a market worth of around 95k ped at that time. In April 2003 MindArk went backrupt, around that time a Shadow Harness (M) would go for around 2500 ped. I know prices and stuff, it's a rather good estimate.

I was then planning on buying all my equipment back, but everything had skyrocketed in price. All the money I had made wouldn't even buy me an IMK2 again, so I logged off and uninstalled the client. Didn't even care about the items which remained in storage.

If you were to buy back at least some of your stuff, you probably could have bought iMK-II at around 10k and MM at around 7k in that time. Full shadow for 20k and a Mod Fap for 20-30k maybe less. Leaving you still with lots of playing cash and 7 years hard work to become the REAL BIG SHOT!!

Sorry m8, your post is uther bullshit, but I do congratulate you with looting the very first:

Back in 2003?! :scratch2:
*Uche uche*

You missed the boat and blame everybody but yourself....

Hey Gizze and thanks for your story ! Im still around living on memories from the past ;)

Be happy for what you infact did accomplish and the money you made and dont cry over what could have been. Seems you got a little bit too involved and Linzey infact not only tried to save your money but also your RL.

This is a prime example of why it is always very important to have people one can trust, but that are not close to one and able of objectively judging a matter.

With that I not only mean conflicts in relations, or legal conflicts but also matters of addiction.

Even when oneself feels that one is in the right or that what one does is good for oneself it must not be true.

Often family is too involved in other regards with one, so its important to be able to turn to a helping hand.
Sadly many people that have the luxury of such help being available do not even consider using it.

Interesting to see someone publically admit to doing an exploit on the number one forum for this game. I always thought the duplication bug was real but never thought I would live to see someone admit to owning dupped items.

Hindsight is 20/20 not to sound harsh, but you could of logged in to keep your account.

Kosmos

That hurts - but its not MAs fault or anybody else, just yours

1st - there was an inside info from MA that they going to bankrupt!
Do you still think all avatars are treated the same? No inside infos going to chosen avatars nowadays?

2nd - 15 duped ModFaps & other stuff you got 2xmod merc etc. Thats really crazy. On duped modfaps we can see where most of oldskool gamers / nowadays ubers came from (not all of em).

And to your crying I can say this:

You were relying on unofficial sources, you took unfair advantage on other players in hope you will save your ass. When using shady methods (and inside info that others dont have is shady) you can burn yourself.

Now you see you possibly lost 1 000 000s of PEDs, if you wouldnt sold it in panic. I can feel you, that must suck biiiig time :( But in NO WAY its MAs foult.

Or you suggest - that they gave you "not enough detailed" inside info?
You shouldn know shit about it, so stop crying that its MAs bad.

AND

If you have problems with it several years after that shit happened, and now I mean it for real without any jokes mate, find help of psychoterapeut. Its normal. Partner of my mother lost 3 000 000+ crowns (150k USD) during one bad night on internet auction. It was the majority of money he made to that time. Thats about the same sum you possibly "lost" (theoreticaly). He used the help of psychoterapeut too, thats just too much for person to loose and be ok next morning. (if you not multi milionaire).

Last edited:
Have also been around for pretty long time in this game...not on Ef though, more then 6 years now... and all i can say is that i both feel for you and not.

You are still one of the few persons in this game that could withdraw 1000$/month.

Regarding the "loss" of the eq. all "old" players that is still around lives with that feeling sorry that we didnt gamle and deposited enough and bought all the good stuff for a bargain back then wich now cost a small fortune. Although of course i have camed to accept that.

I could also been rich ;) didnt buy a hangar back then for a cheap sum of 20k or so if i dont remeber wrong. :)

But then again... i dont consider me a looser just because of that or that ppl should feel sry for me that i didnt buy this and that.

My best advice is:
Learn from your mistakes and try not to repeat them in the future!! :)

Cheers!

And congratz on the baby thats the biggest fortune all parents have!!! :)

Am I the only one thinking Linzey might have some questions to answer? :scratch2:

Am I the only one thinking Linzey might have some questions to answer? :scratch2:

If Linzey actually bought some of Gizze's stuff, then maybe yes. On the other hand:

1. MA did go bankrupt.
2. It's so longtime ago, why bother.
I sold:
Adj Fap for 44k
MK-V ME for 44k

These 2 items both went to price ranges of 50-65k for a while. Should I blame MA that I sold to cheap? Or should I be glad that I sold them before they went to the current prices which are lower then I sold for?

I sold a 6 part Shadow/Angel combo for 40k. All parts now have a value together of definitely over 60k. Should I blame MA that I sold to cheap?

I just don't see a point for the OP except for feeling bad about a missed chance 7 years ago. A chance that he missed because someboy else gave him some information and he overreacted heavily to that.
Why not sell all except 1 iMK-II, 1 MM, 1 Mod Fap and 1 Full Shadow set? According to his prices that would have costed him maybe $2k if the game really would have gone down the drain. Now how bad is that if you claim to have withdrawn $1k at least for several months.

Now, 7 years later he crawls from beneath his rock and blames MA because he let an opportunity to make millions of ped over other players backs pass by...

Please let the "blaming MA" be done by the people that actually played last 7 years...

Last edited:
Dude, first of all, be happy with family and, well, congratz on this IRL ATH which for sure is your baby :)

As for being screwed by MindArk, he's reffering to the bankruptcy maneuvre and how exactly did MindArk AB went bankrupt and how exactly did MindArk PE AB bought MindArk AB.

For inside info for some players, and duped items, well lol, wtf did you expected guys? :laugh:

Sidenote: do you now understand what kind of bullshit is MA talking about when they justify why high-end equipment doesn't drop? Namely it was possible for gizze and ND to loot their own set of Shadow, gl doing that in 10 years from now on.

Last edited:
Nice story.

i read and enjoyed it.

I hope it wasnt real.

And i will not beleaive you. SS or u have no proof.

But it was a nice story. i liked the part where MA slammed the door on you.

If i ran a company like this. and a player came i would let em in to hang out for a bit. in the non classified zones at least :D.

LOLZ.

but to be fair. That is one of the issues on playing a game for fun and playing a game for money.

Risk Risk Risk. you got insider info. you sold out. and got screwed. Thats some Wall Streat the movie type shit. cept it was in EU. and u didnt goto jail :D

i think so too

and don't close this thread ;)

"I one day got a message from Linzey (who knew about me stockpiling equipment) telling me to sell everything I owned and cash out, fast!

Of course I asked him why, and he told me a friend of him who worked at MindArk had some disturbing news, news that we had to be very quiet about.

MindArk AB was going bankrupt, within 2-3 weeks. And Project-Entropia was coming to an end. I refused to believe that, but when I saw Linzey starting to sell off some of his equipment, I realized he was telling the truth. He was as hardcore as I was back then, so I knew he wasn't selling out just to quit.

A couple of days after the bomb mentioned above, an IRC log was sent to me from my friend De1ta, which definitely made up my mind. A log from the Marketing Manager at MindArk and an Operator in the official IRC chatroom."

Ingame characters with inside information. What more do some avatars know, that the majority dont know? Probably not a issue, but it doesnt look good at first sight.

Cool story , but I think you are better of outside PE/EU if you get that addicted.

Interesting ... inside information can be devastating I see ...
You can't blaim MA for this though.

Status
Back