Second Golden Age Officially Concluded

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
Although a few residual SGA edition items were found during the early days of 2010, the Second Golden Age of Calypso has officially concluded. Thanks to all colonists, old and new, that were part of that very special chapter of Calypso's history.

Originally Posted Here

Hahaha. I wonder if that really is the end

One big thanks to MA from hunter who made it to top 100 hunters during SGA while having normal job for the almighty "SHOGUN HARNESSES SGA EDITION he has looted.

This fine piece of armor is going to be shown in his appartment and every evening a pray is going to be made in front of it.

Truly a time he will remember.. Forever...

EDIT: Frank i see you :)

Quick click here https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/hunting/177134-you-decide-i-kill.html

Vote and dont forget to tell everybody in the office !!!

Last edited:
Although a few residual SGA edition items were found during the early days of 2010, the Second Golden Age of Calypso has officially concluded. Thanks to all colonists, old and new, that were part of that very special chapter of Calypso's history.

Originally Posted Here

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Thank you for all those fine bps i looted during "SGA" .:mad:

Finally!!!!!!!!!

Thank god

btw, did all armors drop as a set, or did they leave any parts out of any?

only 2+ weeks after it was supposed to end...
maybe next time I wait until it ended before joining in on the event

what???
SGA was started already???

So where are the promised items MA? :D

A special chapter indeed, which, at the end, highlighted Mindark's incompetence to colonists.

Where is the apology that the previous SGA announcement was incorrect?

So no DOA Rockjacker or Strikehammer to name 2 weapons that I don't think dropped?

Yeah SGA was a waste of my time I got a Uber Kobold Face Guard SGA from a Thorifoid Master :yay: :rolleyes:

A special chapter indeed, which, at the end, highlighted Mindark's incompetence to colonists.

Where is the apology that the previous SGA announcement was incorrect?

That isn't FPC's fault. They didn't know that MA had stored extra items in.

The only problem with sga (from a hunters percpective) was that everyone expected to loot something great, and just won't shut up complaining that they hunted for x hours a day and burned y peds and lost z peds without looting that imp/mod sga item they feel they deserve.

Of course, it was a total load of BS and a waste of time from a miner/crafter point of view.

The only problem with sga (from a hunters percpective) was that everyone expected to loot something great, and just won't shut up complaining that they hunted for x hours a day and burned y peds and lost z peds without looting that imp/mod sga item they feel they deserve.

Of course, it was a total load of BS and a waste of time from a miner/crafter point of view.

To short but.. WORD!

Dont be mistaken, majority of hunters havent expected to loot imp, mod stuff, But just something SGA :D

The biggest problem from my perspective is that items were not in the loot pool from begining but they were most probably added by updates + the event havent ended when it was supposed to end = nothing even close to "SGA"

And even i think that miners and crafters should not have the same item rate drop.. i think they were screwed a lot..

Ofc there are those that whine that they didn`t get shadow/eon/imp, mod fap etc. But there quite a few who would have been happy with any of the plates, jaguar, mid level oldschool weapons, anything besides pixie, shogun, kobold.

Awesome whine, per usual =)

The people who didn't feel the need to add a few good items to the current selection of gear...did you even play the game?

There's been a steady nerf in the game, aimed at making any item dropped the same bland almost good for several years. Adding a few better items was sorely needed.

Now they're in the game and there's a slight hope of the forever-nerf downward spiral will be broken every 5 years or so. Rejoice!

Youre welcome dont spend it all in one place.

I´m pissed too.:mad:

But not because I loot no uber SGA.
I´m pissed because the most SGA was looted in the LAST days and AFTER SGA.

I´m pissed too.:mad:

But not because I loot no uber SGA.
I´m pissed because the most SGA was looted in the LAST days and AFTER SGA.

Yeah and about that time i was broke, and no sga at all. But hey I can see myself as a donator (giving money and get nothing in return).

Without long balads, my view of SGA wasnt too good.

Reasons (not in any order)
-------------------------
1st Lack of items for Miners and Crafters - Like they were some undeserved minority. I dont get it.

2nd Strange loot distribution - items added on the run - leaving players in fake believe they can loot it eventho they cant. 2 SGA mining amps to one player in one drop?! Crazy considering how much of that crap dropped :(

3rd CP hype: there were also 0 SGA items put to loot there IMO at the 1st week, great TP tax to suck more peds. (MA/FPC has officialy screwed up all pilots, and took their business, using monopol to increase price!!!!) From when is using a TP so expensive for MA/FPC to operate? :scratch2:

4rd It leaved more ppl unhappy than happy, but thats just my feeling and I can be wrong. Dedicated hunters looting nothing - and you say its ok. I dont get this too. Can you imagine that dissapointment? And having dissapointed players is ok strategy? And I dont mean uber items should drop like rain, I hope thats clear...

5th Merry mayhem - I consider it SGA too. Solohunting was impossible this year, it ended like ... I dont know: someone looting 30hours straight 1 chomper in 5seconds. All the time. Its impressive, and I mean it for real, only chance to win with those rules. Eh this kind of rules are a bit crazy to me and most of the players...

too lazy to go on!

Thank you for communicating something. Ma yall got alot of good and bad things you do, but I will give credit where credit is due. You all have IMPROVED communication ALOT. Please continue to do that. Even if it isn't what we would like to hear telling us something is better than nothing.

Kosmos

So now, Mindark news is dynamic too?
Sometimes it's true, sometimes it's not?
Is SGA really over this time?
Crap event anyway. :wise:

Originally Posted Here

Should say "Thanks to all colonists, old and new, that were part of that very large scam which brought our financials out of the red."

Should say "Thanks to all colonists, old and new, that were part of that very large scam which brought our financials out of the red."

Excellent ... really like that!
And of course ... totally agree :)

We had an second golden age? i didnt notice... is that what you call the snow?

Back