Second Golden Age Officially Concluded

Multiple sets of eon, shadow, supremacy, angel, sentinel, martial. Drops of mod merc, mod fap, imp fap, imp mkII. Plenty of other drops (jag, DOAs, fap69 etc). Honestly, what the hell do you guys want?

If MA had removed the SGA tag from these items and released them over the space of 2 years everyone would have smiles on their faces because good item loots were possible again.

Come on everyone, let's give MA a good kicking for dropping these great items to other players - maybe if we kick them hard enough they won't dare to drop good items again.

Please MA, don't you even think about giving us the chance to loot good items again, we don't want it :rolleyes:

It's not really the Golden Age.

As someone said in the first Golden Age, MOD FAP and many power weapons drop at high rate and they have to TT em because there was not Storage. All people had their own stuffs.

Now, what happen in this Age Today!!

SGA stuffs drop limited and very rare and not all people are playing get their stuffs.

So how can we call it Golden AGE??

Multiple sets of eon, shadow, supremacy, angel, sentinel, martial. Drops of mod merc, mod fap, imp fap, imp mkII. Plenty of other drops (jag, DOAs, fap69 etc). Honestly, what the hell do you guys want?

If MA had removed the SGA tag from these items and released them over the space of 2 years everyone would have smiles on their faces because good item loots were possible again.

Come on everyone, let's give MA a good kicking for dropping these great items to other players - maybe if we kick them hard enough they won't dare to drop good items again.

Please MA, don't you even think about giving us the chance to loot good items again, we don't want it :rolleyes:

I am a crafter i dont need any mod merc mod fap too be happy but anything would make me happy . :mad::mad::mad::mad: a jester d1 sga bp or something

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the "first" golden age has been just that because it was still a "project" and they didn't have all things worked out. Not saying they have it worked out now either but you know what I mean.
And I doubt anyone expected medium/high level items to start drop like crazy.

But I for one expected to get a tiny pixie(or similar) sga part after returning to noob mobs so I could kill many more instead of a few larger mobs hoping to be REEALLY lucky. The knife I bought don't have the same "value" to me because I didn't "earn" it

I looted so many cool SGA items: some Sala, almost full Vigi, goblin, pixie, opalo... all from this really cool mob called Auction, and it didnt even cost me so much.

Guess I'm not a gambler :)

Although a few residual SGA edition items were found during the early days of 2010, the Second Golden Age of Calypso has officially concluded. Thanks to all colonists, old and new, that were part of that very special chapter of Calypso's history.

Originally Posted Here

Ohh yes indded, very speciel, wurst bullshit i even did see in my 4-5 years in here..
we will never forget that

And "Afew" items :scratch2: rofl

And "Afew" items :scratch2: rofl

Think it means compard to the months before January. Obv, you guys don't actually believe that more SGA was dropped in january than all the other months? I mean, I know you guys aren't that deluded.:confused:

I.. know..I think anyway... well I hope:(

Just fuck you pls.. You really dont understand why are people pissed.

No one wants your mod gear.. You can stick your mod merc to your ass..

What im talking about is that when someone is in top 100 on tracker for few months and loot shit ( not even a low-mid item ) something is wrong..

I cant complain i have my shogun harn. But people here were turning a good amount of money, they hunted their ass off to find out later that the items were added after the update. Got it ? THEY HAD NO CHANCE TO LOOT IT !

And also when you cycle like 1-2k ped ammo a day and you dont loot a fucking EWE PROTECTOR SGA,,, isnt something wrong ? Is it really "SECOND GOLDEN AGE" ? I really doubt it...

So yeah "few" items dropped... But how ? And to who ?

EDIT: And also multiple sets?? Check before you say something.. I think that for example eon is missing thigs.. And except martial its really not "multiple"

Yep, I would have at least liked to loot ANYTHING SGA, instead I hunted for 4 months strait and got a total of 5 globals - 2 oil, 1 bot parts, 2 (L) guns with under 100 PED TT and ~101% MU. Yeah, SGA was great :rolleyes:. Hell, at one point, I decided that at the very least I would like a noob-gear SGA item, so I plowed through noob mobs at a rate that could only be surpassed by glassing the surface of the planet with plasma weaponry mounted on a starship in orbit. Golden Age? More like Golden Shower - most players got pissed on by MA and there is no sugar coating that. Now pardon me while I debate if I'm ever going to deposit again.

The only problem with sga (from a hunters percpective) was that everyone expected to loot something great, and just won't shut up complaining that they hunted for x hours a day and burned y peds and lost z peds without looting that imp/mod sga item they feel they deserve.

Of course, it was a total load of BS and a waste of time from a miner/crafter point of view.

All Due Respect Sir. You are dead wrong in this post. Because that is not what the real issue is about, 'if or if not' that you looted something (that is about luck and how many peds you burning per hour). This is about that it ran over the time they said it would, and not by hours but days. Meanwhile people who DID grind the whole time and didn't get anything, now got a huge slap in the face finish.

I looted so many cool SGA items: some Sala, almost full Vigi, goblin, pixie, opalo... all from this really cool mob called Auction, and it didnt even cost me so much.

Guess I'm not a gambler :)

Not only are you a gambler, You're also a NEWB. So it explains why the auction is the easiest mob for you to kill.

You're still taking risk on the TT+ markup that you paid. That risk could be considered a gamble. Welcome to the game. You gambler you.

what???
SGA was started already???

So where are the promised items MA? :D

We had an second golden age? i didnt notice... is that what you call the snow?

Well I'm sick of seeing this joke and not sick
the truth is for many sga didn't even started
this should be a time wherre all the colonists would have a possibility of getting something.
Don't tell me i didn't tryed
I must be one of the few who hunted formidons (just for example) who didnt got a fucking jag.
Imo, this wasn't a SGA, this was a opportunity of better item drops.
Not golden age.
To be again a golden age you would need to put loot amplitude lower for a while, (like it used to be before, i didnt lived that time but I'm a forum worm).
And for once, I'd like to see a orgasmic loot window with some items, even if crappy, with the SGA on them.
I was hunting for most of the SGA what for rly? I got frustrated and i just went to mine, not worth for me to hunt for items, its ilusory.
SGA, was it a opportunity for all? Fuck no! Only some had the chanse to loot something. Some didnt looted or will ever get those "chanses like they had now" *wink wink*:rolleyes:
Im not complaining about loot, or didnt even getting anything worth it. who am I to complain
Life keeps going on, i just need to get throw it, but i don't like to see that this was a oppurtunity for all colonists.

PS: If this was a memorable time... I wonder how "good" the next times will be.... :rolleyes:

Just fuck you pls.. You really dont understand why are people pissed.

No one wants your mod gear.. You can stick your mod merc to your ass..

What im talking about is that when someone is in top 100 on tracker for few months and loot shit ( not even a low-mid item ) something is wrong..

I cant complain i have my shogun harn. But people here were turning a good amount of money, they hunted their ass off to find out later that the items were added after the update. Got it ? THEY HAD NO CHANCE TO LOOT IT !

And also when you cycle like 1-2k ped ammo a day and you dont loot a fucking EWE PROTECTOR SGA,,, isnt something wrong ? Is it really "SECOND GOLDEN AGE" ? I really doubt it...

So yeah "few" items dropped... But how ? And to who ?

EDIT: And also multiple sets?? Check before you say something.. I think that for example eon is missing thigs.. And except martial its really not "multiple"

Ok, if that's how we're going to talk then why don't you go fuck yourself too.

I've been a top100 hunter since tracker started, during sga i was top30, and I looted nothing except a couple of items i'd gladly throw in tt (from small mobs that were in the way of my spiders or other bigger mob)

1-2k ammo a day? I often did 5kped with an XT and got nothing.

Everyone had the same chance to loot something wether it was before or after an update. If nothing was dropping before update then EVERYONE had no chance to loot it, if something was dropping after an update then EVERYONE had a chance to loot it - got it?

Well, for me the Second Golden Age of Calypso was not an occassion for me to hunt or deposit more than usual. I played my usual rhythm and ended up with a couple of Pixie SGA parts and a Justifier MKII SGA.

Not the uber loot, but it is nice to al least have something.

I can understand the frustration though. The SGA did not do anythng to change my game, make it more interesting or fun, and did not leave me with the feeling that I had actually participated in something that could and should have been a special period in the history of Calypso.

Cheers :beerchug:

Should say "Thanks to all colonists, old and new, that were part of that very large scam which brought our financials out of the red."

I know your pissed but you rather see this game implode?

Everyone had the same chance to loot something wether it was before or after an update. If nothing was dropping before update then EVERYONE had no chance to loot it, if something was dropping after an update then EVERYONE had a chance to loot it - got it?

Why did you ignore my post and pick after the one that is easier to attack?

Not everyone had the same chances, It's based by how many PEDS you can burn per hour. This will increase your chances.

Also skill based players had an advantage for a full month before ESI came back, They had an advantage over anyone new in the game because they couldn't chip skills and use a nicer weapon. So of course they are stuck as above burning slow peds and having LOWER overall chances.

So what you think this is fair, did MA give to EVERYONE equal chance when they *insert word of choice* about the end of the event. Sure you can say everyone had equal chance because nobody knew. But fact of matter is on a personal level you are robbed of your chance if you decided to take a break from the game and take MA at their word, meanwhile addicted gambler grinder X kept playing thus DECREASING your chances due to MA lying..

Good Day Sir

Not only are you a gambler, You're also a NEWB. So it explains why the auction is the easiest mob for you to kill.

You're still taking risk on the TT+ markup that you paid. That risk could be considered a gamble. Welcome to the game. You gambler you.

Well, next to the fact that I'm a noob, I'm also a miner, and indeed don't have much hunting skills. Frankly speaking, after a year of playing I realized that It's cheaper to mine and buy hunting skills with profits, then get them through hunting.

As for mark up gamble, I'm adding this thread with your post to my favourits, so you could see how much value of these items has risen, so I could tell you "I told you so" because though I'm not a gamble, I i like to spoil my ego :)

If, for some reason value doesnt rise - I will publicly apologize to you, but don't see that happening :))

So then, you admit you are gambling with the fact that the price will rise or drop? :D

I wasn't debating you on if the price will rise or fall. I hope it goes up for your sake. I was just saying that you are still a gambler by taking the risk in the first place. When you said you are not gambling at all.

Golden Age?

Real Golden Age looks like:
8 Improved MK2 - 2300 PEDs each (already owned one)
2 Modified EWE EP-40 Mercenary - 3000 PEDs each
1 Improved EWE EP-21 1000 PEDs
15 Duped Modified Fast Aid Pack (I TT'd these in fear of my account)
3 Legit Modified Fast Aid Pack - Looted 2, third TT+1000PEDs
3 Improved Fast Aid Pack - Looted 1, 2xTT+500
4 Improved ARR8000M - Looted
1 Improved ARR4400M - Looted
7 Omegaton A106
6 Omegaton A105
10 Shadow Arms (M) - Looted
10 Shadow Arms (F) - Looted
10 Shadow Harness (M) - Looted
10 Shadow Harness (F) - Looted
1 Shadow Gloves (M) - TT+250
1 Shadow Helm (M) - TT+1500
1 Shadow Thigh-Guards - Looted
1 Shadow Shin-Guards - TT+1500
1 Shadow Foot-Guards - Looted

:D

So then, you admit you are gambling with the fact that the price will rise or drop? :D

I wasn't debating you on if the price will rise or fall. I hope it goes up for your sake. I was just saying that you are still a gambler by taking the risk in the first place. When you said you are not gambling at all.

every time u step your foot outside of the house - it's a gamble, every time u talk to a stranger - it's a gamble, every time you buy canned food - it's a gamble.

Gambling is the wagering of money or something of material value on an event with an uncertain outcome with the primary intent of winning additional money and/or material goods. Typically, the outcome of the wager is evident within a short period. (according to wiki) - I buy stuff I want to have and use, and it cost me waaaaay less, then what ppl have spent, trying to lot it. So in comparissont to them I'm not a gambler.
And if that stuff will go down in value - well yes, i lose, but tbh I don't think it's really gambling :)

Although a few residual SGA edition items were found during the early days of 2010, the Second Golden Age of Calypso has officially concluded. Thanks to all colonists, old and new, that were part of that very special chapter of Calypso's history.

Originally Posted Here

Marco said he would investigate what went wrong (why SGA is not ended when it should).
What happened to this words. :handjob::confused:

:topic::popcorn:

When will you get the class action going Val?

After all your BIG $ Invested too.... How dare they.

Its not about some investment MA / FPC is a company and not a collection of politicians ----> but unfortunately you can not see any difference.:D

Why did you ignore my post and pick after the one that is easier to attack?

Not everyone had the same chances, It's based by how many PEDS you can burn per hour. This will increase your chances.

Also skill based players had an advantage for a full month before ESI came back, They had an advantage over anyone new in the game because they couldn't chip skills and use a nicer weapon. So of course they are stuck as above burning slow peds and having LOWER overall chances.

So what you think this is fair, did MA give to EVERYONE equal chance when they *insert word of choice* about the end of the event. Sure you can say everyone had equal chance because nobody knew. But fact of matter is on a personal level you are robbed of your chance if you decided to take a break from the game and take MA at their word, meanwhile addicted gambler grinder X kept playing thus DECREASING your chances due to MA lying..

Good Day Sir

Maybe if you told me to fuck off I woulda replied :laugh: also had to go offline so couldn't have replied anyway.

The late loot wasn't great planning by MA but I don't really see it as such a big disaster that i'd complain about it. The moment the first item dropped on Jan 1st we knew more would probably drop, so again everyone has the same chance to loot (except for the few people who decided to have a day offline)

To complain that you can't loot something because you don't have the skills in a skill based game seems to be a non-argument in my view. The esi situation is more valid, but didn't really give you less of a chance to loot something only restricted how you wanted to play. I never really noticed the esi problem, I was being screwed mining while esi was offline and only started hunting when I realised MA didn't plan on giving miners a fair shake, by that timie esi was back online.

As for those people pointing out the differences between 1st and 2nd golden age, obviously it was going to be different, I just don't understand the complaints about this.

Sga

SGA events allready start ?
i'm hunting at least 5 hours each day and 7/7 days but I did not notice anything special in my loot.
Its a joke i'm sure Sga events dont start yet.
Or meaby i'm bugged and stay in the first golden age.

I wish good luck to all for future Sga events

Other exemple of incompetence of Mindark :(
That's the explanation given to clients !!!!!
My case :(
Me and my friend Greuceanu, camp big GOKY almoust 90% of SGA in the only place where they was (melange with big formicida)
Proof of that, i take there 8 globals (GOKY) and my friend maybe 5.(in that period)
Maybe that not give a ideea, how much we hunted but if you saw tracker, first 5 hunters had 17, 15, 12, 11, 11 globals in all time tracker where are included little GOKY (who global more more often).
I dont begin to cry about the money versus lot and time spend there ! (get only 3 item carpets and a kobolt foots SGA :laugh:) I complain about my chance much better than others to loot a special item !!!

Now what I hear :( the items given there at 31 December when SGA official finish was rezidual :mad: Lazzy explanation :scratch2: its like :
-GOD put some items in no global lot and by coincidence a brave player who hunt Chomper along SGA pass there guided by the holly spirit and took all :)
LOOKS like "believe and not seek" ;) To many coincidences in this game, this forum is full of exemples :( and when Mindark had the buttons ... :scratch2:
I will ask MINDARK (if they read :rolleyes:) a logic compensation for their mistake ! in my case total ped spend there !!! (not for my time, that i consider my tribute for a "dinamic universe" )
This post it's before a official support to MA from a ex-captive player who spend a lot of time and money here who really thought this game made by Sweden people had a little of their values from past : justice, human care, competance and trust. Now i doubt !!!! Hope i will not get a unswer like "smile tomorow will be worse !" and hope maybe exist against MA others legal mesures if I dont get a satifactory explanation and compensating.

I expected to loot imp-fap or mod-fap but I didnt :cry: :whiner:

But atleast I tried :tapfinger

I read every post and all I can do is shake my head, for a lot of reasons :rolleyes:

I read every post and all I can do is shake my head, for a lot of reasons :rolleyes:

Geez.... I was able to shake my head after the first post. Maybe it's because of my line of work.... I can see through the B.S. I watched certain players spam global chat over, and over, and over.... many many players.... camping very large mobs and losing HUGE peds (knowing that at 40 ped/kill, a small global every 30 min wasn't giving them profit).... then finally looting that nice +20k MU SGA item after losing a mere 40-50k to get that 20k item. Sure, some got lucky and did very well... but in general, this was no "golden age" as even some of the "uber" item looters lost their shirts getting those said items. And I think the majority of mid level item looters lost their shirts. I'm actually shaking my head in awe at this point in the thread, that there isn't any harsh vulgarities being spit at MA/FPC over this "SGA" crap.

Back