New Tracker Client (1.8) Avalible

Starfinder

Elite
Society
Planet Express
Ms. Kazzza 'Starfinder' Milla
New features:
- New design. (icon added to look like the new website i am also building)

- Possible to minimize to tray. (click tray icon to make it pop back up)

- Possible to enable debugging mode (it will generate a text file used to .. well.. debug errors)

- Ground work for new features implemented.

Bug fixes:
- Some globals were not sent to the server when they contained non latin characters. This has been fixed. (I hope)

- Security issue fixed.

-----------
As always the client is available at www.entropiatracker.com/client.rar

Please note:
The "old client" is still able to run - i will "turn off the old client" ultimo next week if no one reports errors with this version of the client.

If you have any "addons" you would like for this client - or the next, please let me know.
Regarding Aero them in vista/windows 7 ... I have yet to come up with a solution to get the screenshot functionality working when you are running in windowed mode. I seem to recall you can turn off "desktop compression" or something like that for the single application (Entropia Universe) which will make that application look like the old windows XP style - and thus be able to still take screenshots. Please verify someone?

Thanks for the continued development!

Question:

How do you minimize to the system tray as there is no minimize button?

Feature Requests:

1) Save the contents of the "Also take screenshot when ........ global" as a setting so I don't have to retype in our standard team name every time I run the client.

2) Don't delete the chat.log file, but rather rename it after processing it so that it still exists on disk. For example, chat.log = unprocessed chat text. Chat.ET.log = processed chat text.

Reason: Since chat window history is so small now, it's useful on large team hunts to be able to review the chat.log file to see what items were looted and by whom so that we can ensure that they get sold and split properly. With a team of 8+ it's possible that the loot split is longer than the chat history and so looking at the chat log is the only way to see what all was looted.

3) Allow me to change the date format of the screenshot directories. It's hard-coded (I think) to be DD-MM-YYYY and I would like to have it YYYY-MM-DD so that the directories are automatically sorted chronologically.

Another feature request:

Add personal bests to the detailed analysis pages for crafting same as there is for hunting as shown in the pic below. That is, the Your Loot, Your Globals, and Your High Loot sectoin so I can see how those 3 things compare to other crafters for varous components.

Yeah, I know it's for the ET website instead of the client, but figured I'd just put all my requests in one location (this thread).

Another feature request:
Yeah, I know it's for the ET website instead of the client, but figured I'd just put all my requests in one location (this thread).

Thats cool..

However, look at www.entropiatracker.com/new .. thats the new site im building... Perhaps your request is available there already (the top thingy isent)

The Start Menu shortcut gets installed in the Microsoft folder for some reason. Took me a while to find it :)

Using XP if that makes any difference.

The Start Menu shortcut gets installed in the Microsoft folder for some reason. Took me a while to find it :)

LOL.. I may have forgotten to actually change that from the default values when you start a visual studio project.. lol.. will be changed :D

Ok, ive made an update to the program now which places it in "Entropia Tracker" folder in your start menu.
However - you do need to remove the program from your computer for this to take effect.

Also added an "auto update" feature to the program now.
Every time you start the tracker client - it will (very much like the clientloader for Entropia Universe) look for updates and download them + install them.

So, please remove the program from your computer.... Download the client again (www.entropiatracker.com/client.rar) .. and install it...

Then you wont need to worrie about having the latest version of entropia tracker client installed anymore.. it will simply update...

(Which also means I dont have to worrie about people downloading the client and installing it when I make new changes.... which in effect will allow me to make more changes + smaller updates + faster updates... since I dont have to worrie about 100 ppl downloading the client again...)....

:)

EDIT: Never mind, I'm a fool :)

Last edited:
Minimize to tray doesnt work for me on Win7 x64... :scratch2:

If I doubleclick the et. logo, the program shut down.

I cannot get the program to run. In compatibility mode or otherwise.

I get "An error occurred while parsing EntityName. Line 8, position 26.

and the details are as follows:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.Xml.XmlException: An error occurred while parsing EntityName. Line 8, position 26.
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String arg)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseEntityName()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseEntityReference()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadNode(Boolean skipOverWhitespace)
at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadDocSequence(XmlDocument parentDoc)
at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace)
at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)
at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(String filename)
at ET.Classes.EntropiaTracker.login(String username, String password)
at DmgReader.Form1.button2_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Entropia Tracker Suite
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.1
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.1
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/XRemovedX/AppData/Local/Apps/2.0/N8LQX4KX.RVJ/93JE5PPW.5QL/entr..tion_8d0d4db70d5e3e95_0001.0000_c35b4b453eb9fd5e/Entropia%20Tracker%20Suite.exe
System
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4918 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

** Note - I was able to log in just once and setup the options. Nothing since.

Bart

Just downloaded the new version too ;)

Looking good, apart from not being able to find the chat log atm (havent started up EU yet :p) I cant find a button that would minimise the programme to the tray.

Is there meant to be a button the same as any other programme at the top right of the window? If it is theres nothing there on mine?

Aside from that i like the new look of the programme :) looks more professional lol

crap

I just downloaded and installed the new client
Now I can't login, it wouldn't accept my API... says I don't need one, but my password didn't work either
I signed up for a new password, now i can't log into the web site anymore at all....Has everything been erased???
F!!!!!!!!!!
aLL i KNOW is that I D/Led the new client and now I cant use it or log into the website anyomre.
can you help me

PM if possible.

duuh

I dunno, i'm an idiot... now it' works...
:scratch2:

Just downloaded the new version too ;)

Looking good, apart from not being able to find the chat log atm (havent started up EU yet :p) I cant find a button that would minimise the programme to the tray.

Is there meant to be a button the same as any other programme at the top right of the window? If it is theres nothing there on mine?

Aside from that i like the new look of the programme :) looks more professional lol

Yes.. its an issue with Aero theme.. (god I hate aero.. lol).. The program places an image at the "button location".. and when you click that.. it minimize.. try clicking "where it should be".. might work..

the old one stopped working today. So I updated with new!

Now can't find chat log on my computer at all. Since I was using it fine before it must exist somewhere but i dunno where.

What's the file called?
I found a private chat log file but think the main chat log file is different.

Someone please help !

the old one stopped working today. So I updated with new!

Now can't find chat log on my computer at all. Since I was using it fine before it must exist somewhere but i dunno where.

What's the file called?
I found a private chat log file but think the main chat log file is different.

Someone please help !

Are you looking in the correct section?
Its in the 'documents' folder now.

Are you looking in the correct section?
Its in the 'documents' folder now.

And where is this correct section?

I looked everywhere, even did a search, i'm having no luck!

Can you give me the full path please

well I'm using win7 so I just go to the 'documents' folder(in the windows start menu) then 'entropia universe' and chat is the only file in there.

Actually there is 2 Entropia Universe folders in the document folder,one has all the conetnts for the game and the other one is just the chat folder.

well I'm using win7 so I just go to the 'documents' folder(in the start menu) then 'entropia universe' and chat is the only file in there.

Actually there is 2 Entropia Universe folders in the document folder,one has all the conetnts for the game and the other one is just the chat folder.

thanks i think i found it in my documents.

Strange how windows search didn't find it, but it did find private chat. Anyway thanks for help

yep that'll be the one and np ;)

Yes.. its an issue with Aero theme.. (god I hate aero.. lol).. The program places an image at the "button location".. and when you click that.. it minimize.. try clicking "where it should be".. might work..

Sorry forgot to get back here lol.

I tried clicking in the location youd normally expect to find it but nowt happened ;( Bloody Vista lol.

C

running ET with windows7 x64.

Hi there!

EU running.
ET loggin no problem but:

*"program status: stopped"
*"waiting for EU to be active"

*and the button "start logging" is not highlighted

*auto-start entropia universe not working

any idea? what am i doin wrong?

running ET with windows7 x64.

Hi there!

EU running.
ET loggin no problem but:

*"program status: stopped"
*"waiting for EU to be active"

*and the button "start logging" is not highlighted

*auto-start entropia universe not working

any idea? what am i doin wrong?

Did you set it up.. find the chat.log..?

Entropia Tracker should have built in option to save printscreens in high definition (very good quality). This would be useful for picture contests.

If it could also be set up to take print screens with automatic time location stamp that would be neat. Not sure if that is possible, although I think I've seen one screenshot software on EF that claims to do that.

Saving settings in a file would also be good. Then we don't need to enter them each time we update.

There should be some method to preserve the main chat log.

If I can add a couple of whishes:

• Option to automatically start logging on startup
  • yyyy-mm-dd subfolder, european format dd-mm-yyyy screws ordering
  • Place the button to put in systray also in the form... I can't see it in Vista (though it works if you guess the position), as already noted by others
  • All the options could reside in one single tab, leaving a second tab for server communication log.
  • An option to reduce time between chat.log reads; most of time in my machines the screenshot is taken too late to capture the moment ;)

If you need another couple of hands developing, just PM me.

Last edited:
Did you set it up.. find the chat.log..?

yes thanks. all new to this. it´s running fine.

another question. any issue if the printscreen comes out all black on globals?

also for players installing ET for the 1st time, could you add an easy install/configure guide. i looked for it but couldn´t find it. my bad i know i am not an expert :p but maybe it would save you some time answering noob problems like mine hehe

btw, great job done with ET!
tc and thanks again

if some can help me ;)
i have one account in entropia tracker for long time, so much time that i forgot the pass and username. if i try to do a new one says that one account exist to the avatar mike eraser slater.
best regards

if some can help me ;)
i have one account in entropia tracker for long time, so much time that i forgot the pass and username. if i try to do a new one says that one account exist to the avatar mike eraser slater.
best regards

please PM me your avatarname + email you signed up with.. then i will reset your account.

Back