Info: WoF 2010: FAQ

Rayne Jade

Marauder
Society
GloryHound Irregulars
Rayne Jade Blackmoore
Greetings all,

Been getting some questions in PM and ingame and I thought that I would make a list of them for the benefit of all. If one person asked, chances are someone else is wanting the same info.... so here we go :thumbup:

Q: In the section about the team's roles... wouldn't be better to have a Lieutenant instead of a Vice-Captain?
A: Each can organize in whatever way they want. The only person we (the WoF Staff) need to know about is the Captain. The Captain is responsible for picking hunting slots and naming the 12 Main Team members.

Q: Is it an obligation to register on the post?
A: There is no obligation at all. Let's take Team Tibet for example... Centech started the team and listed names. He is the Captain. He says "These are my Main Team hunters." That's all we need to be honest. We will expect Centech to pick hunt times and as long as the hunters are comprised of the Main Team members Centech listed, we are good to go.

Q: When does the wof teams settle down as "will not be able to enter to participate anymore"?
A: When Stage 1 starts, it will be a tough sell to add another team to the field. We can deal with that on a case by case basis.

Q: Can i enlist for another team if my team never gets enough people?
A: Yes. No one will be told what team they are on. If you want to be on Team Ireland (for example) but there is not enough interest, you are free to enlist for Team ??????.

Q: What can the max team's size be at any given time?
A: Stages 1, 2, 3, & 4 have a Main Team of 4. Stage 5 has a Main Team of 5. Stage 6 has a Main Team of 6. There is no limit to the number of hunters in Support.

Q: Can the main team have healers?
A: Yes. These healers can be anyone. If they are in the created Team during the hunt, they must be one of the Main Team 12 chosen by the Captain and will count against the total allowed in the hunt. Best to have them not in team and just healing.

Q: Can support teams have healers?
A: Yes. These healers can be anyone. They can be in the created team since there is no limit on Support Team participation.

Q: What about taggers and other helpers?
A: Taggers are fine and other helpers as well. The 4 Main Team hunters must do the looting and get the global / HoF. So make sure the Main Team does 51% or more of the damage. The helpers do not need to be in the team... in fact, only the 4 Main Team Member are allowed in the team (and the Judge).

Q: What can we get penalized for?
A: Missing In Action is when a Main Team member does not return to the Start Point within 10 minutes of the hunt ending. Hunts last for 3 hours, so if someone needs to leave early just have that person check out with the Judges to avoid the penalty. Otherwise, -10 points for each Main Team member that is late.

Some hunting may happen in PVP areas. Hunt mobs, not other players. If we think a team is intentionally PKing other teams to keep them from scoring we will take action. This does not happen usually - everyone is more interested in the mobs and getting good scores.

Q: How does time allocation works? We'll have to pick any timeslot, but does it have to be just one per stage, or there can be multiple runs per round?
A: Each team will pick a time slot for their hunt. The Main Team is required to be at the Start Point for the "GO GO GO" order. Then the clock starts and each hunt lasts for 3 hours. The Judges let each team know when the 3 hours is over. Main Team has 10 minutes to return to the Start Point. That is all that is required for each Stage. So you are looking at 1 three-hour hunt every other weekend.

Q: What about support teams? Do they also have just one shot per stage and it has to be same timeslot chosen for main team?
A: Support Teams hunt during the same time slot as the Main Team. They do not have to be at the Start Point. Most Support Teams are already in the field pointing weapons at mobs waiting for the "GO GO GO".

Q: How points are being calculated? Are they being added up across stages, or calculated specifically per stage?
A: Points are awarded based on the kills that are globals / HoFs. There is Stage 1 and Stage 2 which will have different mobs lists. Stages 3.1 - 3.3 are the same mobs all three hunts. The 12 teams with the highest combined scores from Stages 1 - 3.3 (5 hunts) will advance to Stage 4.

Q: Is it allowed for a main team member to participate in other team's support teams?
A: Yes. There is no restrictions on who or how many are in a Support Team.

Q: Is it allowed for a main team member to join another main team if his original team lost tournament and so left it?
A: No. One a country decides on the 12 man Main Team Roster, no substitutions can be made.

Q: Are there "support" teams allowed that will take off some HP from mobs to help main team increasing killing rate?
A: Certainly. You just have to be careful about the damage. If the Main Team loots it and it globals, it counts. Otherwise, it will not count.

Q: How should the hunt teams be named?
A: Main Team should be clear: WoF England Main... WoF Tibet Main... etc. Support Teams can be "WoF England Support DJ", WoF Sweden Support Kill You All!" are fine. Make sure the country and team (Main or Support) are identified.

Q: What is a team globals on a mob that is not on the hunt list?
A: Enjoy the loot! It will not count for points. This happens every WoF weekend... the Judges get a kick out of it and this is called a "wrob"... Wrong Mob ;)

Q: If a team starts hunting at 12:00, but knows some people must leave at 14:00 what do we do?
A: If this happens in the Main Team, the hunter(s) leaving must check out with the Judges at the Start Point to avoid the MIA penalty. Support members are free to come and go as they please.

Q: What happens if a team crashes during the hunt?
A: This happens... a lot. Main Team is important, so reform the team as soon as possible with the same members.

Another measure we take: When you team is assigned a Judge, that Judge will add the Captain to the friend's list, and the Captain should add the judge as well. In the event of a crash, the Judge and the Captain can still be in communication by PM. Now we can invite people on FL into a team so that will get the Judge back in the team as well. Also, during a WoF hunt there is a LOT of data flying by in the chat window. Some Judges prefer to turn off Team Chat (we don't need to see who got 15 Animal Eye Oil). The Judge will let your team know if Team Chat will be off.

That's all I can think of for now... feel free to ask more and I shall add it to the list. Posting here or PM is fine.

Best of Luck to All Teams :thumbup:

Last edited:
Q: How should the hunt teams be named?
A: Main Team should be clear: WoF Team England... WoF Team Tibet... etc. Support Teams can be "WoF England Support DJ", WoF Sweden Support Kill You All!" are fine. Make sure the country and team (Main or Support) are identified.

Don't use the term "team" in the team name. "Team" will be written automatically in chat window.

Team "xxxxxxxx" killed a creature (Atrox Old) with a value of 75 PED!

It's annoying to read: Team "WoF Team Country" killed ...
Use the slots in your team name for other words, some joke or terms of pride or such.

Best is: "WOF <YOUR COUNTRY>" or "WOF <YOUR COUNTRY> MAIN". Don't hesitate to use CAPS ... it helps a lot for the judges in stress situations.

(Was it called an "Italien"? 4 globs within 1 minute ...)

Last edited:
Q: What happens if a team crashes during the hunt?
A: This happens... a lot. Main Team is important, so reform the team as soon as possible with the same members. Most of the Judges are understanding and if possible, the Judge will TP to the coordinates to re-join the Main Team. If this is a dangerous area, we appreciate that we are protected a little during this ;)

You don't have to be by each other to team anymore so judge should not need to tp there

(Was it called an "Italien"? 4 globs within 1 minute ...)

Yes, somehow Team Italy is famous for scoring multiple globals in seconds...

You don't have to be by each other to team anymore so judge should not need to tp there

... but at FL at least. Good point Johned.

I had forgetten about that !! Great point, guys. Also important for the Captain to have the Judge on FL :thumbup:

Do bonus's like variety and bonus mob count toward support cap?

Do bonus's like variety and bonus mob count toward support cap?

No, bonuses are in addition to the cap. For example, in Stage 1 the cap is 100 points. If a support team gets variety and the bonus mob, the score will be:

100 for the cap
+25 for the bonus mob
+25 for full variety bonus
150 total

When looking at the cap, think of it as a "raw score", before any bonuses are factored in.

;) Jamira is quicker

When does it all kickoff?

Jamhot

is it allowed to replace any mainteamhunter by any random person during the whole event?

Last edited by a moderator:
is it allowed to replace any mainteamhunter by any random person during the whole event?

If a Main Team is not full, then adding people up to 12 just requires telling me or Rayne Jade they have signed.

If the team is full, the member being dropped must either agree, or have committed some transgression or other. For that reason Rayne Jade and me need to review each substitution before approving them, but most are conducted in an amicable fashion. Those who have hunted or scored for their team will have this on their side in any debate about dropping them, but unresolved issues can be put to a vote within the Main Team if no compromise can be made.

It's purely because no-one would like to be cheated out of their rightful place as part of the winning team; those jackets don't come easy:)

Hurrikane

Qualification round question

Quick question: as it seems we have less than 24 teams registered/participating, how would the Groups Round look? How many Teams will advance?
Also, if we get an odd number (say 17), will we have a group with 5 teams?

Thanks.

Quick question: as it seems we have less than 24 teams registered/participating, how would the Groups Round look? How many Teams will advance?
Also, if we get an odd number (say 17), will we have a group with 5 teams?

Thanks.

Good question... and that is why this year will have Stage 3 as "qualifiers" as well.

Stage 1, Stage 2, Stage 3.1 + 3.2 + 3.3 include every team. The scores from those 5 hunts are combined. The 12 teams with the highest combined total will be advanced to Stage 4.

Good question... and that is why this year will have Stage 3 as "qualifiers" as well.

Stage 1, Stage 2, Stage 3.1 + 3.2 + 3.3 include every team. The scores from those 5 hunts are combined. The 12 teams with the highest combined total will be advanced to Stage 4.

Will final standing after 5 qualifiers affect the draw for the group stage? Will the first 3 or 6 be seeded?

Will final standing after 5 qualifiers affect the draw for the group stage? Will the first 3 or 6 be seeded?

Top three are seeded. So if Wales, Estonia and Denmark are the top three, it will look like this:

GROUP A
Wales
----------
----------
----------

GROUP B
Estonia
----------
----------
----------

GROUP C
Denmark
----------
----------
----------

The missing 9 teams will be in the draw. First out of the hat is in Group A, next in Group B, and so on.

This removes to chance that the three top teams will be against each other right off the bat and prevents a weaker team from being chewed up by the three top teams in the same Group.

A: Missing In Action is when a Main Team member does not return to the Start Point within 10 minutes of the hunt ending. Hunts last for 3 hours, so if someone needs to leave early just have that person check out with the Judges to avoid the penalty. Otherwise, -10 points for each Main Team member that is late.
During the first stage WoF 2010, we 'lost' one of the players of our Main Team. The cause was electricity cut and we played the last 45 minutes of the event with only 3 players in our Main Team. Although we immediately informed the Judge in our team about this incident, I understand we were still penalized with -10 points ? Is this correct? If I read the OP correctly, this penalty can be avoided if we inform the judge, which we did. Also, as a side note, what is the point to penalize a team for playing with less players ? And what is the real need to have every single Main Team player present at the end of the round ? Sorry for all the questions :)

Top three are seeded. So if Wales, Estonia and Denmark are the top three, it will look like this:

GROUP A
Wales
----------
----------
----------

GROUP B
Estonia
----------
----------
----------

GROUP C
Denmark
----------
----------
----------

The missing 9 teams will be in the draw. First out of the hat is in Group A, next in Group B, and so on.

This removes to chance that the three top teams will be against each other right off the bat and prevents a weaker team from being chewed up by the three top teams in the same Group.

Thank you for clarifications

During the first stage WoF 2010, we 'lost' one of the players of our Main Team. The cause was electricity cut and we played the last 45 minutes of the event with only 3 players in our Main Team. Although we immediately informed the Judge in our team about this incident, I understand we were still penalized with -10 points ? Is this correct? If I read the OP correctly, this penalty can be avoided if we inform the judge, which we did. Also, as a side note, what is the point to penalize a team for playing with less players ? And what is the real need to have every single Main Team player present at the end of the round ? Sorry for all the questions :)

"Leaving early" is like if a hunter can only be there for 2 hours and needs to go to work or gets sick. Same with arriving late for similar reasons. The hunter that is leaving early or arriving late must be the one doing the informing.

Having the Main Team return to the Start Point: This was initially covered way back in 2007...

The End: Important! Points can be lost!

The Teams have to be at the Start/Finish point within 10minutes of the Finish time, or forfeit points.
For every team member not back in time a percentage is knocked off the team's score. This is chiefly for efficiency, so each hunt can have a quick de-brief with all participants present and settle any problems while they are fresh; Judges will want to get on with other things and there's a lot of hunts to get through.

It is not a percentage anymore... simply -10 points for each member missing.

"Leaving early" is like if a hunter can only be there for 2 hours and needs to go to work or gets sick. Same with arriving late for similar reasons. The hunter that is leaving early or arriving late must be the one doing the informing.

Having the Main Team return to the Start Point: This was initially covered way back in 2007...

It is not a percentage anymore... simply -10 points for each member missing.

Also, many factors make a final score and reflect on the hunting ability of any given nation, reliable electricity being one of them:) If a massive power cut wiped out both teams and most of your support, I probably would have called the match void and allowed you to reschedule, but one player's power cut is a cut and dried case of MIA.

MIA is one of the few rules that involves a penalty and will always be unpopular, but it is part of the Tournament.

Hurrikane

MIA is one of the few rules that involves a penalty and will always be unpopular, but it is part of the Tournament.
I’m not asking to take out the penalty. I’m asking for the penalty to be applied to everyone, that’s all !!!

And from what I understand from below quote, teams can avoid such penalty by informing the judge that a member needs to leave the event early:

So:

a) If someone doesn't feel like showing up at the meeting point after the event, he just needs to inform the judge and team gets no penalty.

b) If someone is kicked out of game due to electricity cut and the judge is informed about it, Team gets 10 point penalty because it should have been the guy with no electricity that should have informed the judge...

If this is the case, then I will ask all my team members to inform you right at the beginning of the event that they will need to leave earlier, just in case anything happens.

I’m not asking to take out the penalty. I’m asking for the penalty to be applied to everyone, that’s all !!!

And from what I understand from below quote, teams can avoid such penalty by informing the judge that a member needs to leave the event early:

So:

a) If someone doesn't feel like showing up at the meeting point after the event, he just needs to inform the judge and team gets no penalty.

b) If someone is kicked out of game due to electricity cut and the judge is informed about it, Team gets 10 point penalty because it should have been the guy with no electricity that should have informed the judge...

If this is the case, then I will ask all my team members to inform you right at the beginning of the event that they will need to leave earlier, just in case anything happens.

AHHHHH I see the misunderstanding.

Checking Out, including doing it early, involves returning to the Start Point in person and informing the Judge in All Chat, therefore emulating the proper Match-closing procedure of returning to the Start.

So leave after popping back to say you gotta go, then you escape the penalty.

Just leaving the battlefield and not returning= MIA.

The only other exception, as mentioned, is in the case of Catastrophy: Mass ctd's for both teams/large areas of the game (servers down etc).

Hope this helps.

Hurrikane

AHHHHH I see the misunderstanding.

Checking Out, including doing it early, involves returning to the Start Point in person and informing the Judge in All Chat, therefore emulating the proper Match-closing procedure of returning to the Start.

So leave after popping back to say you gotta go, then you escape the penalty.

Just leaving the battlefield and not returning= MIA.

The only other exception, as mentioned, is in the case of Catastrophy: Mass ctd's for both teams/large areas of the game (servers down etc).

Hope this helps.

Hurrikane

AHHH, now it's clear to me. Thanks :)

Back