Votes: 13 31.7%
  • No

Votes: 9 22.0%
  • I was afraid to find out...

Votes: 9 22.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Needs more seeding, or it's useless, please join if you find this useful :wtg:

I'm still wondering why, since there's clearly a demand for this from some people and it's quite easy to do, arn't MA providing official game image torrents on each VU? would eliminate trust issues.

Reactions: Zap
I'm still wondering why, since there's clearly a demand for this from some people and it's quite easy to do, arn't MA providing official game image torrents on each VU? would eliminate trust issues.
It's easy, but they decided to go with a crappy simplified method, that can be closer integrated into the update process, but which cannot recover from failures (that's why it's crappy).

As for trust, you have an official copy of the game, obtained from MA. You can simply follow the visual instructions on the first post, and check to see if I share the same copy as yours. If I were to post a hacked/modified/cracked/virused version of EU VU 10.6.6, you or anyone else would have posted on these topics.

As for demand, there is less for this version, and the last torrent version is still out there, but I don't seed it anymore. Last torrent was downloaded over 30 times, this one not so much, there is less interest and support.

We can only hope that MA will offer the same support as I have, just a simple torrent to repair broken files, or the option to download the official versions of the broken files... or anything like it used to be before....

Please remember to read https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...-repair-entropia-universe-when-vu-breaks.html

Yeah I do make backups, but they're only partially successful as I haven't even had one single installation that could pass validation since the feature was introduced.
Just check from first install to last patch that the install is valid, and backup inbetween patches. It takes 2-3 minutes.

Since you are on the torrent topic, I guess you are getting a clean final and unbroken copy. So if you do, keep a copy of it :D

Also, we need more seeders, follow instructions in the pic.

Agreed...

Seeding current version to all in need :)

download finished, thanks all! will seed until the next VU although only quite slowly cause most of my outgoing bandwidth is already assigned for Tor and FreeNet

The download speed beats Ma's
and all the other tries ive did, ill give this one a shot, thanks for uploading :)

Please consider downloading an earlier version of the game, backing up and applying the patches, having many torrents available just splits the peers over several versions and not on the latest one.

Consider this one just to check your files for the moment, I won't be seeding it at full speed.

vu 10.7.1: http://upload.entropiahost.com/files/1/Entropia%20Universe%2010.7.1.torrent

Voted "not useful" since I haven't, not even once, experienced a significant bottleneck when downloading directly from MA's servers and I can't see any other reasons for this. Some may think that they have experience the bottleneck, but the problem don't have to be MA's server. Unless you have the bandwidth to eliminate any local problems, like Windows update pulling down date on it's own or whatever (I'm not an expert on this, though it may sound like I believe so), I have a hard time believing it.

Just to clarify, here is a speedtest of my connection:

and that's actually on a bad day. (shared connection you know)

Some of the really big updates takes a lot of time to download, even with a connection like mine so obviously it will take a lot longer if you have a worse connection and downloading from torrent don't make the update any smaller. All it does is changing the source that you're downloading from.

Best regards.

Voted "not useful" since I haven't, not even once, experienced a significant bottleneck when downloading directly from MA's servers and I can't see any other reasons for this. Some may think that they have experience the bottleneck, but the problem don't have to be MA's server. Unless you have the bandwidth to eliminate any local problems, like Windows update pulling down date on it's own or whatever (I'm not an expert on this, though it may sound like I believe so), I have a hard time believing it.

The main point here is not really to dl faster. It is only one of a couple of methods to recover after a patch that does not apply right. In this case, it can be a lot faster to get just the bad parts from the torrent then reinstall from scratch.

Back