New planets, suggestions for Entropedia

Witte

Marauder
Society
Delta Force Elite
Vlugge Witte Harrie
We now have a new planet, and it seems it isn't much more than another LA. All items and skills can be used on both planets. I was first thinking to make different Entropedia editions, one for each planet, with a different database, but that plan is a off for now.

However, making a distinction between area's may be a good idea. I was thinking to add an extra column to each chart that says where it can be found. I can add a filter to every chart where you choose the continent, planet or planetary system. I can also make use of subdomains to have this filter active by default. For example calypso.entropiawiki.com would only show items found on calypso.

Some issues though, should the distinction be made between areas that cost money to travel to? Or between planetary system? Or between continents?

Any suggestions are welcome :cool:

Some issues though, should the distinction be made between areas that cost money to travel to? Or between planetary system? Or between continents?

I don't see any point distinguishing between whether something is on Amethera or Eudoria, for all practical purposes they're different parts of the same place. I would make the distinction between areas that have their own storage.

We now have a new planet, and it seems it isn't much more than another LA. All items and skills can be used on both planets. I was first thinking to make different Entropedia editions, one for each planet, with a different database, but that plan is a off for now.

However, making a distinction between area's may be a good idea. I was thinking to add an extra column to each chart that says where it can be found. I can add a filter to every chart where you choose the continent, planet or planetary system. I can also make use of subdomains to have this filter active by default. For example calypso.entropiawiki.com would only show items found on calypso.

I'm not sure how your DB works or so, but an suggestion would be to treat the new planet as CND/CP is treated.. It's the exactly same thing, just a bit more fat, more mobs and larger areas...

Dunno if this helps, but that's one way it could be done :)

Last edited:
Yeah, it's definitely time to start getting entropedia updated with info for new planets... though are there any planet specific items yet? It definitely needs to be noted which planets a creature is from though.

I think you just need to add the new mobs, items, TPs etc as normal.

Perhaps also add a new Planets section with info about each one (auction transport fee, storage, travel cost, mobs that are on it, etc).

Then you can link the two together so that each mob has a link to the planet(s) it comes from.

I think you should also consider CP and CND as separate planets for structural purposes.

Ah, at least being able to sort mobs by which planet they are on :)

I dont see the point in adding or changing anything actually. I bet the new planets or atleast most of them will be gone pretty soon as most ppl wont even visit them.

I added filters in the mob and weapon chart. I guess those are the only two that matter right now. I used storage as criteria, which is the same as travel fee I guess. Until items that can only be used on one planet come this will be sufficient. Thanks for the suggestions.

Imo, if I can go to the auctioneer and purcahse an item (transport fee or not) then it should be on the one database.

This could be interesting in the future if they made it so that only certain planets could trade with other planets. eg. rocktropia and planet cyrene cant trade with each other directly, yet each can trade with calypso.

Last edited:
For me there is no need to change anything to entropedia. But it might be a good idea to start thinking about how to handle it and get some practice for when a real planet comes along :)

I think this is a good idea. By adding this new field and filter on it you are prepared for the future. Rocktropia might be like a new LA now but if Next Island have put in much more work before there release it would be very helpfull to divide.
Even though a "Planet" is just another flawour of an LA keep in mind the big difference. A LA you can stuck with DNA and add som things like a TP. With your planet you have the full EU "engine" and you can do a lot more to your planet. It's up to the planet owner to design stuff, probably say where stuff spawn and so on. And hopefully you will have the poasibility to create your own terminals like the ones we see in the preshow from Next Island. Rocktropia is not just another LA, it's just not eveolved/developed to what it can and should be. If ND studios did follow theer own goals with studios and so on it will in the end be a very different planet compared to calypso and your small new field and your subdomains will help you in the future.

Hold your horses, didn't you see the info about them adding unique BP etc in next VU? Meh, it's VU 1.0!

Between places that cost money to get to imo;)

I was thinking to add an extra column to each chart that says where it can be found. I can add a filter to every chart where you choose the continent, planet or planetary system.

That would be perfect!

It doesn't quite work for me, to simply treat Rocktropia as another LA.

They made the distinction when they launched, of different Planetary Systems.

FPC is one planetary system / planet partner, within which we have Calypso, CND, CP, and various LAs.

The same needs to be possible for Rocktropia.

So, which Planetary System something is a part of, needs to be possible. It also needs to be possible to show that it's part of MORE THAN ONE planetary system.

If this is achieved by what you've suggested doing anyway, then great :)

Down the track I suppose there MIGHT be a difference between:
a) flying from Rocktropia to CP
b) flying from Rocktropia to Calypso.

Worth allowing for that kind of difference too - so maybe by "cost to fly" won't quite cut it.

Anyway, love your work Witte.

The way it currently works is that I have added a chart:

http://www.entropiawiki.com/Chart.aspx?chart=Planet

So I make a distinction between planets (places with own storage or travel fee) and planetary system (which can consist of several "planets").

However, it seems to me that filtering should be done between planets, and not planetary systems. If you are on CND and want to know what mobs are available, you don't want to know what mobs are in the whole planetary system. Planetary systems are just abstract things, for a user it would not matter that much if CND was part of Calypso or Rocktropia, except for the hight of the travel fee. I have added travel fee's to the chart linked above.

I will ask 711 to add subdomains, so you can type calypso.entropiawiki.com, rocktropia.entropiawiki.com etc.

However, it seems to me that filtering should be done between planets, and not planetary systems.

Yep makes a lot of sense. Looking at the chart, I totally agree.

Back