Books - readable books

Journeyer

Provider
Society
Freelancer
Lorien Journeyer Goodfellow
I would love to see an implementation of readable and player publishable books in PE. As I myself use the PE concept to write fan-fiction it would be tremendeously fun to be able to publish these stories as books in the PE universe. They would also enhance the aestethics of peoples apartments and estates I think, and they would provide a certain amount of income for the authors. But of course; the stories should be reviewed prior to publication.

Just a thought ;)

Great idea! +rep.

I would love to write short stories, and sell them thru PE.
lol, they would have to be L items, so they could only be read a number of times, after which they'd expire. Would keep me in business!

Love it.

I like the idea, I write a bit..... and I'd love to enter a comp to win a cool in-game prize that didn't require a Digital Media Degree!

Bring on the StoryTellers... a vital part of any society!

Epictetus said:
I sent this suggestion to MA a while back....it would be very cool.

Ever play Morrowind? That had great books.

:)

Yes I played Morrowind and the add-ons, excellent RPGs...I'm highly anticipating Oblivion once it's published - though I'm not sure if I can ever get to play something other than PE now :laugh:

Hurrikane said:
I like the idea, I write a bit..... and I'd love to enter a comp to win a cool in-game prize that didn't require a Digital Media Degree!

Bring on the StoryTellers... a vital part of any society!

Absolutely - I couldn't agree more.

Parent: Lykke, you are on the pc too much ... why dont you read a book instead?

Daughter: Dad, I am ... actually I just finished "Lord of the Twins" ... and am about to read "Gone with the priest"

:rolleyes: but yeah, no excuses for parents anymore, I guess!

The idea is sweet - I have no clue if it would work out though. Personally I play PE because I need action, and not because I wish to read stuff. I read stuff on the forum, and that is real cool - because then I relax. But books I prefer to read in my sofa with a cup of tea and a biscuit :D

Nevertheless +rep for the idea. New stuff are always nice and lots of others might find it usefull :)

Journeyer said:
:)

Yes I played Morrowind and the add-ons, excellent RPGs...I'm highly anticipating Oblivion once it's published - though I'm not sure if I can ever get to play something other than PE now :laugh:

Yeah it's kinda hard to play a solo offline game with no real economy after you play a MMO and feel the rush of PE. But I really love the literary elements of the Morrowind games.

I heard about someone trying to collect every book in Morrowind and after they had filled up three stolen houses they gave up. LOL

The best Morrowind book was "ABC's for Barbarians" where there were three pages, with A, B, and C written on them. LMAO!!!

I like the idea, it is kool!

Back