Are you an Old Player but not super active?

RexDameon

Mentor
Society
Entropia Pioneers
RexDameon Rex Andreosn
Just wondering are there any players out there that are old like 5+ years in Entropia. Still Love Entropia but just because of Real Life or lack of time dont play a ton but still check in keep up with the forums.

Been playing a lot this last week but a new job and other responsibilities are making it more difficult to play + crap loot is not that big of a motivator.

Probably go back to playing less real soon.
Posted via Mobile Device

ihs 5, not an uber at all , still love entropia but boring of dinamic stuff i prefer invest in entropiabay

Hadn't logged in for about 6 months until a couple weeks ago due to really long hours at work. Still not got as much time to skill as i'd like.

Nice to see familiar names around. :)

Been playing since 2003, although lately I've been too busy IRL to grind out loot in EU. Probably why my best TT loot to date is still a 1933 Argonaut Young.

Also one of the reasons I'm currently selling my Shadow set on here. ;)

3 years...

3 years... play a lot and read forums... but my definition of "play" is probably a bit different than most. Running the shop and booth is a full time job.

Since 2004 ive never really gotten a grasp of the game, I dont understand half the things month old players know mainly because I play like how OP asked.

I reckon if I got a good hit, I'd play like I did in the first year but I dont play enough to increase the chance of a good hit.

Catch 22

Playing less than used to. I guess got borred of same old same old.

end of 2003. Just had a 1 1/2 year break. Depo'ed some, had some fun ;).
So. Yes, due to RL obligations I play allot less, just in my spare time (If I have any).

January 2005 here,

never really stopped playing. Lately my activity has been much higher than previous years, but again rather busy in RL so had to take some hours from EU to RL :)

Still here but extremely busy with work at the moment- I keep telling people I'll be on more.
Currently trying to rebalance into work to live, not live to work.

I still enjoy Entropia, but, it's probably the least rewarding and most frustrating game I play.
I suppose if it was that good, I'd find more time.

I'm playing since day one COT but sometimes I take like 1 year EU vacations :D
Lately I play more than I used to because of the missions and ofcourse the WOF (Go BeNeLux go!). ...must....kill....10.000.....more....mobs....

Just wondering are there any players out there that are old like 5+ years in Entropia.

My avatar turns 5 in August :yay: I still log in almost every day, try to get 1-2 hours average daily, even if just standing around and chatting, or exploring some... :)

i used to play 4-6 hrs a night now i barely do that in a week.

for me though its about the promises that things are changing but it just seems to get worse. people have always moaned about loots ect. MA just seem to want to squeeze more out of us with no real give back. There are so many other things that could be done too make EU economy much better but nope MA just squeeze us more.

I just wish things would get finished instead or introducing more crap. Vehicles, eggs, space pirates pfft! they said they were getting rid of the barbie hair look (beauty make over) and that has never been done.

ahh well rant over... I am sure other can add too this.

for me though its about the promises that things are changing but it just seems to get worse. people have always moaned about loots ect. MA just seem to want to squeeze more out of us with no real give back. There are so many other things that could be done too make EU economy much better but nope MA just squeeze us more.

I just wish things would get finished instead or introducing more crap. Vehicles, eggs, space pirates pfft! they said they were getting rid of the barbie hair look (beauty make over) and that has never been done.

Same here...

Still could spare 1-3 hours per day but no love left at all.
Now logging in 3-4 times a week for noob level hunts... socializing aspect lost too ... almost all of the friends left.

space pirates pfft! they said they were getting rid of the barbie hair look (beauty make over) and that has never been done.

Space Pirates (R), an exclusive registered trademark of NEVERDIE. Don't blame MA/FPC for that one...

I'm confused about the barbie hair look. What do you mean by getting rid of it? The new avatar appearance is not all that great, but it is more detailed than it was before.

I wish people wouldn't, though. There ought to be one thread on EF that's not a rant. :laugh:

Don't get me wrong: i think MA has the attention span of a five-year-old (er, not that kind of five-year-old ;) ) and follow-through of a geometric point, but anyone that has been around five years had to face that one long ago and presumably still found a reason to stay.

Will be 5 years in november. First 3 years I played a lot and was very active. Then I had a son and for the last 1 1/2-2 years i've hardly played at all. After an extensive layoff, I've just recently started playing pretty much daily again, although in a much different style than I used to. Much more layed back and taking my time. But glad to be playing again. A lot to catch up on.

I started in 2003 and also still around, I follow the game very actively but play not that much.
I'm not a real grinder and due to the lack of time I don't login alot.

I'm always around during events tho... robot wars ... merry mayhem ... these are the things that i really like.

Just going ingame and shoot some mobs for a couple hours doesnt seem to be able to get my enthousiasm up ;D

I'm still inhere because I still believe in the future of the game and the possibilities ... I still think the game could make up to its promises but it will be hard I think.

Space Pirates (R), an exclusive registered trademark of NEVERDIE. Don't blame MA/FPC for that one...

I'm confused about the barbie hair look. What do you mean by getting rid of it? The new avatar appearance is not all that great, but it is more detailed than it was before.

I would like the old "able to make avatars really weird-looking" back though :yay:

we do still have squall though: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/galleria/163634-warning-argus-revival.html

and neverdie still says space pirates will come... ;)

Been with EU for over 5 years, don't log in much for quite a while now.

Too busy actually enjoying other games to bother with Mindark's bullsh!t anymore.
Quite refreshing actually to find that, unlike these MA-jackholes, there are indeed many MMO companies out there that really do care about playerbase satisfaction first and actually take pride in presenting and proactively improving upon the best game experience they can provide.

In December this will have been my 8th year ingame.
I haven't logged in for a while but still check the forums from time to time.

I just pretty much got tired of where the game was headed and the continual cycle of the same things happening over and over again.

I still check the forums. Otherwise I have been fairly inactive since CE2 came out. The bugs keep me away atm, as well as the failed auto-landscape design. I dropped about 800 bombs the last few days, but that's the most activity I've had this year.

I also completely ignored the faster-skillgains events. :rolleyes:

I think what you said pretty much sums things up for me too.

I mentioned exactly what you did in a thread concerning the new missions.

I called it a thinly veiled attempt to extract more money out of the existing player pool.

I, also, agree that MA should bring back all the things they they disabled to get VU 10 up and running. If you can call it up and running 8 1/2 months later. :rolleyes:

In December this will have been my 8th year ingame.
I haven't logged in for a while but still check the forums from time to time.

I just pretty much got tired of where the game was headed and the continual cycle of the same things happening over and over again.

after 8 years we finaly got rid of him :D awsome + rep god!

My avi reached the age of 5 years now.
My playtime has dropped from 4..20 hours a day to maybe 5 hours a week.
In the backlook i see that i was never successful enough that i could advance in weapons or armor.
Since the massive changes some years ago (the time the coins dissappeared from loot) i never lost the feeling to play the most missbalanced game of the world and lost the fait that it will ever change.
So i continue to deposit to play active some hours now and then.

after 8 years we finaly got rid of him :D awsome + rep god!

lol

About 6 years here.
Some month a year I play more and some less.
I was hardly online at all during April. But I do love(hate) Entropia.
Most of my friends from the old times has sold out and quit and some are more active than ever.

hehe, 4 years ingame..

The past year I haven't played a lot.. long working hours, deadlines etc.. + it gets a tad boring after a while ;)

good to see old names that used to be in global chat.. ah good old times :)

5 years + here.
I roam daily EF, and whish i could log in everyday and play ~4h every week night and ~12h/day during weekends as in the past, but work keeps me terribly busy since end of 2008. Nowadays i'm mostly a weekend player (~4 to 5h) but still manage to log during week days 2-3 times.

RL life outside work also manages to keep me away more than in the past, GF, boose and a son that will be born soon all manage to do that :).

PS: i still love the game but it's like having a mistress!

End of 2001 begining of 2002 in pregold beta phase thats when i first got into PE. Ever since then i quit few times last time for over a year due to accident. The economy now is starting to remind me a beta days. Noone has money, noone buys anything and all is getting cheaper and cheaper

It will be 5 years in November. :)

I don't consider myself old though ;)

In any case, I have a full time job,a wife and 2 kids that take up most of my time. My time is limited to the late evenings when everyone (except me and the cat) are asleep.

CHeers :beerchug:

Back