***SEMI-FINAL Moblist***

Hurrikane

Slayer
Society
GloryHound Irregulars
Oscar Hurrikane SkyQuake
SEMI-FINAL TIME!!!!

Firstly, congratulations to all six of the Semi-Finalists, who battled and bested some severe opposition to get to this, the penultimate match of WoF 2010. Rarely has the competition been so close.

I will be posting in your team threads (as well as the eliminated teams, by way of consolation they get a message from me lol) with the match-ups; but in brief, we are looking at the following clashes:

Australia vs DACH

USA vs England

Russia vs Sweden

What's that you say? You already worked out who you were up against, you just wanna know the moblist? You wanna know why it's called.....
All Over The Place?

Ok, here you go; this Moblist is a little different, hope none of you get travel sick..........:)

Main Team:

(Remember: FIVE hunters allowed from the Main Team this match)

Daspletor : Dominant and above: 10 Points
Aurli : Devastator and above: 9 Points
Scipulor : All Maturities: 8 Points
Ambulimax : All Maturites: 7 Points
Aurli : Ravager and below: 6 Points
Daspletor : Guardian and below: 5 Points

Support:

Cornoanterion : All Maturities: 4 Points
Kreltin : Guardian and above: 3 Points
Equus : All Maturities: 2 Points
Kreltin : Provider and below: 1 Point

Bonus:

Leviathan : All Maturities: 25 points

No Win Bonus. All usual Bonuses apply, including Loot Boost.
Support team Unlimited Size as always, Support Cap set at 250 Points.

DATE: Saturday June 12th (limited Sunday spaces also available this round. sort ot out soon though)

TimeSlots: 14:00, 18:00, 22:00... please contact your opponents and agree a time.

(10:00 am Saturday is possibly available if none of these suit at all, please ask by PM after discussing it with your opponents)

Oh, and the Start/Finish Point:

Northwest Echidna Housing Area.
Co-ords are 79058, 87567 Eudoria

Oh, and nearly forgot; the SCAR award is awaiting any late submissions, and the prize fund is still being added to. Expect a full rundown of winners by this time next week, if you haven't posted your times then get on the case.... and the Prize Giving will be just before the WoF 2010 FINAL on June 26th.

Hurrikane

Last edited:
Whooo! aliens. Looking forward to the match against DACH.

Wowwwwww looks.. interesting.

Most importantly: no snables woo.

No Win Bonus. All usual Bonuses apply, including Loot Boost.

I already got a PM about this... explaination:

The win bonus was to reward winning a match in Group Stage 4. There is only 1 hunt on this moblist... so if you win you go to the Finals. That's the reward ;)

Looks like a mob list designed by MA to extract the maximum amount of peds in the shortest time. :rolleyes:

Looks like a mob list designed by MA to extract the maximum amount of peds in the shortest time. :rolleyes:

Nope, designed by me to provide a different challenge to the other moblists. As a previous finalist and member of a winning team, you must recall that CND and CP have featured in every WoF so far.... always in the late stages so that it is just the one match that folk have to travel for.

Also, the Moblist contains CND, CP and Planet-side mobs, most of which are popular among the hunting fraternity. This is so players have a choice of where to hunt, although admittedly the higher scoring mobs will undoubtedly be the more popular.

I'm sorry it doesn't fit with the super-eco version of the WoF you desire.

Hurrikane

I must say from the outset that I'm not a fan of this list.

From a support leader perspective I must say I'm looking forward to this list the least so far. Having mobs on all different places like this is needlessly complicated/expensive.

During WoF teams typically start across all mobs on the list to achieve the sweep bonus then eventually end up hunting in groups on the highest yielding mobs. In order to ensure the sweep before finally ending up on the highest yielding mob, it isnt uncommon for a support team to hit all 3 different mobs within the 3 hour hunt.

Teams usually throw eco to the wind during WoF and hunt as hard as they can for the duration, losses are quite common, but as always you try to avoid pointless costs where you can.

If theres a good reason that you made it this way which I am missing then by all means make it known to us. Until then this list is getting my vote for worst so far. It seems that you blind sided by the idea of an "all over the place" theme and didn't think through the practical side too well.

I can't see any reason that these weren't split over the last 2 rounds.

Then again its not your peds being spent so I suppose you wouldn't really care.

PS. IF this was a round sponsored by the hangar owners why wouldn't you just say so.... at least it would make sense then.:scratch2:

Note to teams: The 'optional' slot for those who cannot agree on the 3 provided has been changed to 10:00am Saturday(I made a typo in the OP). Only ask for this slot after discussing with your opponents.

I must say from the outset that I'm not a fan of this list.

From a support leader perspective I must say I'm looking forward to this list the least so far. Having mobs on all different places like this is needlessly complicated/expensive.

During WoF teams typically start across all mobs on the list to achieve the sweep bonus then eventually end up hunting in groups on the highest yielding mobs. In order to ensure the sweep before finally ending up on the highest yielding mob, it isnt uncommon for a support team to hit all 3 different mobs within the 3 hour hunt.

Teams usually throw eco to the wind during WoF and hunt as hard as they can for the duration, losses are quite common, but as always you try to avoid pointless costs where you can.

If theres a good reason that you made it this way which I am missing then by all means make it known to us. Until then this list is getting my vote for worst so far. It seems that you blind sided by the idea of an "all over the place" theme and didn't think through the practical side too well.

I can't see any reason that these weren't split over the last 2 rounds.

Then again its not your peds being spent so I suppose you wouldn't really care.

PS. IF this was a round sponsored by the hangar owners why wouldn't you just say so.... at least it would make sense then.:scratch2:

This round isn't sponsored. CND and CP are regular inclusions. There is no SCAR award this round, it is the semi's and most teams have more than one support team. Different tactics are needed for different rounds. It might not always work to follow the same pattern of attack as used in other rounds. Or it might work fine. It's no different to any previous WoF in terms of travel costs in the 'off-world' rounds. The event strives to incorporate as much of the variety found in Calypso and it's environs as possible. The planet-side mobs were included after several years of people complaining about 'having' to travel. Now they don't. Two perfectly good planet-side scoring mobs for both Main and Support in the list.

Dunno how many other ways I can explain it. It's not meant to be easy:)

Oh, and the name came later. And as for not caring... you ain't sat here.

Hurrikane

The planet side mobs are a bit garbage to be honest. Levi as the bonus mob are good for 1 global, equus are below average at the best of times.

I dare say that every team will be hitting those for 1 global each and then moving offworld.

The point I was trying to make is that there isn't really a good logical reason that we didnt have CP and CND split over the 2 rounds. It would have made costs lower and organisation easier. God knows we have enough going on and spend enough money on WoF already. Thems jackets aint cheap.

Then again I suppose we need some way to seperate the wheat from the chaff. :sniper:

Brings em on :rocket:

Finally some real mobs for support. :yay:

Nope, designed by me to provide a different challenge to the other moblists. As a previous finalist and member of a winning team, you must recall that CND and CP have featured in every WoF so far.... always in the late stages so that it is just the one match that folk have to travel for.

Also, the Moblist contains CND, CP and Planet-side mobs, most of which are popular among the hunting fraternity. This is so players have a choice of where to hunt, although admittedly the higher scoring mobs will undoubtedly be the more popular.

I'm sorry it doesn't fit with the super-eco version of the WoF you desire.

Hurrikane

I think it's a great solution for what happened last year with CND. Glad to know that the finals won't be up there only. It was terrible last year so big thanks for listening !

Rock onward WOF!

I think it's a great solution for what happened last year with CND. Glad to know that the finals won't be up there only. It was terrible last year so big thanks for listening !

Oh jeez, I remember that disaster. I was part of US support that time too, but only for the one stage, then I stayed up on CND for a week or two so the PEDs spent getting there was worth it.

Anyhow, interesting mob list . . . . there just may be a lot of globals around that time, because the loot pool will be flooded with the alien-squashing that will happen.

Rock onward WOF!

Indeed, splitting the mobs like this may sound more complicated and expensive, however that is nothing compared to the frustration experienced in previous years with all in one dome, waiting around for respawn.
Well done on a challenging mob list I say.

True, but with 2 teams instead of 3 going at once I don't think it would be as bad as last time. Add to that its the semis and merc budgets would be slightly lower and I think it would work out ok.

But dont hold me to that lol, all will become clear in good time.

If teams want to drop out because they don't like the mob list, BeNeLux is more than willing to take their spot :laugh::silly2:

Good luck everyone!

It's gonna be some exciting matches :)

Last edited:
Great list so far.

I am wondering about Points a little. 1 P for a Kreltin Provider and 7 for an Ambu young is a bit wired.... ;)

Bonus:

Leviathan : All Maturities: 25 points

This must be the easiest to score bonus mob in the history of WoF.

Nice list with a lot of traveling.

Buzz will like his tax that weekend for sure.

Cheers
Siam

This must be the easiest to score bonus mob in the history of WoF.

Nice list with a lot of traveling.

Buzz will like his tax that weekend for sure.

Cheers
Siam

Maybe... but consider this:

If the Bonus mob gives a HoF, the score is doubled for that mob, so 50 instead of 25.

If the timing of the HoF is right, maybe the PED amount for the HoF is 113 PED... x2 for a Hof, x2 for a Susan... 100 points.

There is also a decent chance for an ATH on many of the mobs featured in this list.

There is also a decent chance for an ATH on many of the mobs featured in this list.

Sorry if this has been asked before (possibly even by myself) ;) but if we get two ATH's in our Semi-Final does that mean our score is doubled twice, ie. quadrupled, or is the second ATH invalid? :cool:

Sorry if this has been asked before (possibly even by myself) ;) but if we get two ATH's in our Semi-Final does that mean our score is doubled twice, ie. quadrupled, or is the second ATH invalid? :cool:

If you get 2 ATH's then you probably wont be bothered about the score anyway :laugh:

There goes my plans for bribing Rayne Jade with beer to make Scipulor a Support mob :(

Rock onward WOF!

Mob selection for the support team during semifinal is clearly favored towards cp and cnd. So the so called "All Over The Place" is nothing but a diversion to me! .....and one doesn't have to be a rocket scientist to understand that ......as indicated by few posters before!:
The planet side mobs are a bit garbage to be honest. Levi as the bonus mob are good for 1 global, equus are below average at the best of times.

I dare say that every team will be hitting those for 1 global each and then moving offworld.

The point I was trying to make is that there isn't really a good logical reason that we didnt have CP and CND split over the 2 rounds. It would have made costs lower and organisation easier. God knows we have enough going on and spend enough money on WoF already. Thems jackets aint cheap.

Then again I suppose we need some way to seperate the wheat from the chaff. :sniper:

Brings em on :rocket:

My hope is (as cnd and CP already heavily included in the semifinal) the final mob selection (for the support team) would favor planetside.

I honestly think in the spirit of WOF the appeal for the final should be as broad and reach as possible.

Unless there are significant behind the scenes things involed, i absoutely see no justification for limiting (or heavily weighted) mobs for Final Match to cnd and or cp.

Just curious ... is the Final Match sponsored by CND/ND?

Last edited:
Just curious ... is the Final Match sponsored by CND/ND?

seeing the rock is on auction, and that by the final it will most likely have been sold...i'd guess that the answer is no :p

I hope that there are no events on CP and CND at the semi final time slots!

Will you be allowing extra time for teams to get back as this round is so spread out? A lot of us probably put our loot in storage so have to collect all that before heading back down for the finish.

I hope that there are no events on CP and CND at the semi final time slots!

Good point as Saturday nights are when Buzz holds his CP events. I hope he's been made aware that WoF is up there so he doesn't hold any?

Good point as Saturday nights are when Buzz holds his CP events. I hope he's been made aware that WoF is up there so he doesn't hold any?

Also the issue of someone else making an event on CP/CND during that timeframe should be considered. It could ruin the match. FPC/MA could just block the timeframe.

Cheers
Siam

Also the issue of someone else making an event on CP/CND during that timeframe should be considered. It could ruin the match. FPC/MA could just block the timeframe.

Cheers
Siam

Only buzz can make events on CP

Back