Parallel WoB

Both Castle and Urquel are SAB Miller brands. SAB Miller stands for South African Breweries. They also own beer brands all over Europe.

Castle Lager was first brewed to quench the thirsts of hard-working, hard-drinking prospectors in the midst of the dusty gold-rush boom town that was Johannesburg. Today, Castle is brewed in nine countries and can be found in over 40 countries worldwide.

Other European brands SAB owns: http://www.sabmiller.com/index.asp?pageid=221

Some of my favourites:

http://www.sabmiller.com/index.asp?pageid=1606
pho_timisoreana_lrg.png

and
http://www.sabmiller.com/index.asp?pageid=1601
pho_stejar_lrg.png

Last edited:
Hello to all felow beer/PE lovers. here is my all time favs in order of awesomeness:

1) RUSSIAN BEER
BaltikaNo9.jpg

baltika9.gif

Name: Baltika No. 9 - Extra
Country of origin: St. Petersburg, Russia
Type: Strong Pilsner
ABV: 8.0%
Introduced: 1998

Baltika No. 9 - Extra is a strong pilsner beer with a taste close to classic lager varieties. The flavour is light and there is a suggestion of malt, together with sweetish notes and mild hops bitterness.

2) ENGLISH BEER
175px-NewkieBrownAleUSImport.JPG

The beer was introduced in 1927 in Newcastle upon Tyne, England, by Newcastle Breweries, which became Scottish & Newcastle in 1960.
Alcohol by volume 4.7%
Style English brown ale

3) AMERICAN(?) BEER
heineken_dark.jpg

Alcohol by Volume 5.1%
Heineken DARK LAGER!!!
Heineken International is a group which owns a worldwide portfolio of over 170 beer brands, mainly pale lager, though some other beer styles are produced

Hmmm, looks like a monster has been created from one post. :laugh: But a very tasty and droolworthy monster it is!! :yay:

Some European beers, especially the pilseners, have that really strong, distinctive taste which alot of Aussies find is too much. Lowenbrau and Carlsberg are quite tasty though. :)

Alot of Aussie pubs have Guinness on tap, restaurants are full of Corona, Budweiser, along with alot of the Asian Beers.

Most of the bigname, mass-produced beers over here (or Beers :D) are crap I.E. Fosters, Fourex, but they are well advertised, so sales are high.

Tasmania is an Australian State, an island still unpolluted and mostly wild, so the water they make their beer with is as pure as it gets. Cascade and Boags are the 2 main manufacturers there.

The Cascade factory will even let you pour yourself a beer...as long as you can kill and stuff a Rocktropia werewolf, then bring it with you.:lolup:

cascade.jpg

The best Beers are made by the smaller companies...this is my current favourite. Crafted with wheat and honey...sounds kinda strange, but it's delicious, even after 12 or more...apparently:)

beez_neez_small.jpg

branding_01.jpg

Berlin Rockzzzzzzzzzz :)

I have tried more than 250 beers so far ..... and all i can think is Belgian beers ;)

One of the BEST beers in the world IMHO :)

duvel.jpg

And

westmalle%20dubb.jpg

And .... a German beer i love ... brown-red, YUMIEST ever!

erdinger-weissbier-_bg.jpg

schwelmer_bernstein.jpg

a little bit too sweet for a Pilsner this is the right beer for beaches, lakeshores and other partysites with lots of sun. It is brownish golden, but not a dark beer like our Düsseldofer Alt, its still "ein Helles".

Great stuff with a huge hangover potential, though its still mild, you will love it!

Okay and now germanies big 4, the four worlds best beers if you ask me:

985-warsteinerbanner275.jpg
200803041623_becks.jpg

krombacher.jpg
veltins_image_399.jpg

----

I am serious!:silly2: These are Coke, Pepsi, Afri and Dr. Pepper of beer.

caipirinha-8713.jpg

:yay::handgun::woohoo::hammer::silly:

ups offtopic

Can't beat:
Red Back Beer
Coopers
Guiness
VB

No pics sadly, having issues with the uploader :silly2:

No need to upload .. go in google find em , copy image location and use the "insert image" icon , paste image link and you are ready :cool:
HTH

Demonikos :tiphat:

How can they be the biggest Beer drinkers if they cant even spell it :nana:

Hypocrat. :lolup:

Drinking and spelling may be two different things ... just my two PEC

:thumbup:

"omg look im on a spring break and love beer so much i always use capital b"

*cough*

On topic: This is definetely worth checking among people who enjoy dringking beer and not just spelling it.

Koff_porter.jpg

Last edited:
WOW!

You kill me! It'll take hours to update the list. :rolleyes:

edit:
Well, one last word for the spelling ... ehrm ... writing. Where I come from we write it this way:

Bier

Last edited:
Sometimes I drink this:

augustiner_edelstoff_flasche_glas.jpg

but my official WoF Beer is this :

augustiner.jpg

And If I want to get drunk fast :

faxe.jpg

List updated ... see post #2

Puhhh!

The lead so far ... goes toooooooo ...

BERLIN!

:yay::yay::yay:

Okay and now germanies big 4, the four worlds best beers if you ask me:
----
I am serious!:silly2: These are Coke, Pepsi, Afri and Dr. Pepper of beer.

LOL Parlog!

But forget about them. I am surrounded by two of them: Warsteiner (30km) and Veltins (60km). But low patriotism here ... Warsteiner is a high end Spuelwasser and Veltins is kinda JEVER light. The city of Jever is much more far away (260km). But their Bier is the most dry (bitter) beer you can get all over this planet Earth ... I'm pretty sure about. East Frisians live there and brew this potation. A Bier for real hunters ;)

List updated ... see post #2

Puhhh!

The lead so far ... goes toooooooo ...

BERLIN!

:yay::yay::yay:

funny...just returned from there today :D
My father moved back to "his" city, gave him a visit and we drank quite a bit.
He does not like the "piss" they serve up there, instead he kept his habit :

paulaner.jpg

Normally, I would never drink that, but the absolutely best Beer is always a deep cooled, free Beer :D (ok, except maybe Adelskrone...rahter stay sober before drinking that :D )

funny...just returned from there today :D
My father moved back to "his" city, gave him a visit and we drank quite a bit.
He does not like the "piss" they serve up there, instead he kept his habit :

paulaner.jpg

Normally, I would never drink that, but the absolutely best Beer is always a deep cooled, free Beer :D (ok, except maybe Adelskrone...rahter stay sober before drinking that :D )

Hmmm ... I am strictly neutrally of course! :D But man! Paulaner is from Bavaria!!! The Bavarians are nothing compared to East Frisians ... regarding beer brewing at least ...

BERLIN was a joke ... we will not have any winners here. Each one counts the same. :cool:

Best thing is: I get more +rep from "Challenge to community: Entropia Universe vote" where I posted

Please STOP voting for this buch of bullshit!

rather than from this nice WoB - thread :mad:

edit:
Well, I'm off with my U-Boat VII C ... back to WWII :D

Last edited:
Hmmm ... I am strictly neutrally of course! :D But man! Paulaner is from Bavaria!!! The Bavarians are nothing compared to East Frisians ... regarding beer brewing at least ...

BERLIN was a joke ... we will not have any winners here. Each one counts the same. :cool:

:scratch: I always thought the beer wins, that gets you drunk :D

Paulaner is from Munich and it is drinkable belwo a certain temperature, but is surely not tasty enough that you can drink more than 3-4. Augustiner I can drink like water, really goes down the throat like oil and even after the 6 bottle one still wants more of it :D

I would assume, he meant hypocrit but mixed it up with the crate of beer :D

Well I was guessing I was being called a hypocrite...I just didnt really know why :dunno:

yo ... grandpa Kurt Braun sunk a Tommy meanwhile:

:D

6200 tons btw :D

Last edited:
Well I was guessing I was being called a hypocrite...I just didnt really know why :dunno:

:scratch2: I think I would call somebody also a hypocrit, if he could really assume that would even care to spell right after a few too many beer :D
I might call him a hypocrate if his is sitting on my crate of beer and not willing to give me one, unless he is a cop, which would make him a hypocrat :D
Then again, I think I have more critical hit after the 6th pint, I think that would make me a hypocritter :D

:lolup:

are we accusing each other of beeing Beer-hypocrites because Woenk wrote beer without a capital B? Let me tell you something! For the last 200 years we started every noun with a capital letter in the german language, so of course we write Bier with a capital B. We never had this discussion, we never needed it. So to say we write Bier with a capital B by nature. We ended that capital B discussions already like 200 years ago and are not going to lose this capital B dispute :)

Quote from the BILD-Zeitung:
Mit einem Verbrauch von 115,8 Liter pro Kopf und Jahr liegen die Deutschen derzeit auf Platz 3 der Biertrinker-Nationen. Nur Tschechien und Irland machen uns am Glas noch was vor.
Translation:
With an uptake rate of 115,8 litre per head and year, zee germanz are currently on rank 3 of the beer drinking nations. Only the czech and the irish people "can teach us something about the glas".

We are also the proud inventors of Bierwurst!

Last edited:
this Beer was damn good, too

pilsner_urquell.jpg

Yummy :thumbup:

Totally agree, and best drunk on native czech soil where it's cheaper than evian!

Also love Breda from holland (and the channel islands)

Coors Extra Gold (when they sold it)

Stella Artois (an obvious choice but it's always nice)

And while on holiday in the States I found Hurricane High-Gravity:) Not the nicest beer but at 8.5% alcohol it's one I fully endorse:)

Hurrikane

eku_28.jpg

With 28% alc Eku28 is one of the worlds strongest beers, nice dmg/sec huh? :handjob:
Kulmbach Germany

Last edited:
How many do you have to drink to get totally smashed, just the one? ;):laugh:

they come in sixpacks... and a whole sixpack should have about the drive of 2 bottles of vodka, so thats something for the whole family

Cerveja !!!
/seɾ.ˈvei.ʒɐ/
(quite diferent from the word Beer)​

Sagres

ficheiro2311_sxgyjmeljnl.jpg
sagres-33.jpg

Super Bock

superbock.gif
Super_Bock_L.jpg

We also like Carlsberg and Imperial, but the first one is even danish, so :yay:

P.S. I don't drink Beer... yet

Last edited:
With 28% alc Eku28 is one of the worlds strongest beers, nice dmg/sec huh? :handjob:
Kulmbach Germany

But a mere 11% alcohol content according to my Googling research.

Still, half a pint would floor me I reckon. :)

Back