Is this normal?

Does this seem strange and illogical to you?

• Yes

Votes: 54 43.5%
  • No (Please post why)

Votes: 70 56.5%

• Total voters

Kpeters

Stalker
Society
Antipodean Army
Konrad "KP" Peters
Is it normal to be as unlucky as I am with loot? Just check my tracker.

I've never had a Hof in my entire EU life only globals and very few.

Tracker Stats:
Drone Generation 06 88 PED Monday, June 07, 2010 22:34
Allophyl Young 51 PED Friday, January 08, 2010 23:52
Argonaut Young 53 PED Friday, April 10, 2009 22:57
Cornundacauda Old 82 PED Tuesday, November 11, 2008 07:26
Cornundacauda Provider 93 PED Tuesday, November 11, 2008

I mean come on im playing since early 2005!? And not a single HoF!? only on teams. I see a lot of noobs with whole pages of hofs and globals on the tracker who don't even deposit what the hell is wrong? :(

Im really frustrated would like to know if there are other ppl that have the same problem, if it is normal or if I should write a support case! My returns are almost always terrible mining is usual to have 50 NRFS in a row, crafting 500 ped loss. Hunting is the only thing I do better but still I keep on loosing.

I've got all experience needed through all these years even the best miners and crafters have told me nice secrets on how to do good but im still a failure at it!

Sometimes average loot on hunting is good for me I won't lie but never a global. I've managed to have 300 ped merp hunts with no globals? It's just strange.

So what could it be any guesses?!

Not strange at all.

Merps just don't global.

With those tracker stats you just don't turn over much PED and therefore don't global.

Especially on very small stuff it can take several k PED turnover to global.

Not strange at all.

Merps just don't global.

With those tracker stats you just don't turn over much PED and therefore don't global.

Especially on very small stuff it can take several k PED turnover to global.

Yeah but I don't just hunt merps.

I do Drones often, Argos, Traxes sometimes... Feffs.

What puzzles me is why a noob will get globals on the same mobs I hunt, like someone who deposits 10 usd goes kills some feffs and Hof...I deposit a lot more and burn a whole new Korss on feffs and get zero.

Just makes me wonder.

about hunting .... how many ammo u use in a run ? for drone or argo

about merps...man i used like 10-20k peds with not a single global , maybe more

What puzzles me is why a noob will get globals on the same mobs I hunt, like someone who deposits 10 usd goes kills some feffs and Hof...I deposit a lot more and burn a whole new Korss on feffs and get zero.

Just makes me wonder.

Well that is a bit weird i admit.

Although i have had certain times i could not global no matter what i hunted or how much i spend (mostly between 00:00-04:00 MA time).

Other than the usual advice: do long runs on mobs that seem to global a lot at the time you are hunting, or just kill bigger stuff, since more HP means easier to global, i am afraid i can't really help.

Is it normal to be as unlucky as I am with loot? Just check my tracker.

I've never had a Hof in my entire EU life only globals and very few.

Tracker Stats:
Drone Generation 06 88 PED Monday, June 07, 2010 22:34
Allophyl Young 51 PED Friday, January 08, 2010 23:52
Argonaut Young 53 PED Friday, April 10, 2009 22:57
Cornundacauda Old 82 PED Tuesday, November 11, 2008 07:26
Cornundacauda Provider 93 PED Tuesday, November 11, 2008

I mean come on im playing since early 2005!? And not a single HoF!? only on teams. I see a lot of noobs with whole pages of hofs and globals on the tracker who don't even deposit what the hell is wrong? :(

Im really frustrated would like to know if there are other ppl that have the same problem, if it is normal or if I should write a support case! My returns are almost always terrible mining is usual to have 50 NRFS in a row, crafting 500 ped loss. Hunting is the only thing I do better but still I keep on loosing.

I've got all experience needed through all these years even the best miners and crafters have told me nice secrets on how to do good but im still a failure at it!

Sometimes average loot on hunting is good for me I won't lie but never a global. I've managed to have 300 ped merp hunts with no globals? It's just strange.

So what could it be any guesses?!

Mining, crafting and hunting Argo, I lost ~400ped yesterday (approx -140 in 3x mining runs, +5 in 1x argo run, -255 in 2x mining speed enhancer runs).
I had 3 globals.

Large losses are normal, small losses are semi-regular, break even is uncommon, profit is rare.

On average, it costs me ~600ped/week to play Entropia.

YOU ARE NOT ALONE!

:wise:

ps: no point writing a support case, because they'll say that your bad luck is the nature of the RCE, if you suggest your losses might cause you to quit, they'll say "oh, that's unfortunate... sux2bu!" and continue with their business.
I've come to realise that MA work on the idea that, if they can get half the world to deposit just once, they'll have $30 Billion. Once you deposit, they have your cash and don't care anymore.

I mean come on im playing since early 2005!?

Whats the TT value of your natural gained hunting skills? Just to have an figure to see your turnover. Cause the usual phrase 'i play since X years' has no information content.

Mining, crafting and hunting Argo, I lost ~400ped yesterday (approx -140 in 3x mining runs, +5 in 1x argo run, -255 in 2x mining speed enhancer runs).
I had 3 globals.

Large losses are normal, small losses are semi-regular, break even is uncommon, profit is rare.

On average, it costs me ~600ped/week to play Entropia.

YOU ARE NOT ALONE!

Pretty modest loses for an learn resistant 'click unreasonable stuff on condition' gambler imo.

Don't get me wrong, not my business why you keep doing the same, not working out, thing over and over again. But pesting the forum with your daily 5 complain posts and not doing anything about it get's a bit old really.

Code:
 	OreAmp OA-101 Light (L)  	52 PED  	Thursday, May 27, 2010 01:20
  	OreAmp OA-101 Light (L) 	50 PED 	Thursday, May 27, 2010 01:20
  	OreAmp OA-101 Light (L) 	54 PED 	Thursday, May 27, 2010 01:19
  	OreAmp OA-101 Light (L) 	90 PED 	Thursday, May 27, 2010 01:19
  	OreAmp OA-101 Light (L) 	251 PED 	Wednesday, May 26, 2010 16:46
  	OreAmp OA-101 Light (L) 	85 PED 	Wednesday, May 26, 2010 16:41
	OreAmp OA-101 Light (L) 	627 PED 	Wednesday, May 26, 2010 14:57
  	OreAmp OA-101 Light (L) 	53 PED 	Tuesday, May 25, 2010 15:05
  	OreAmp OA-101 Light (L) 	54 PED 	Tuesday, May 25, 2010 14:59
  	OreAmp OA-101 Light (L) 	54 PED 	Wednesday, May 19, 2010 15:25
  	OreAmp OA-101 Light (L) 	53 PED 	Wednesday, May 19, 2010 15:24
  	Simple I Plastic Springs 	91 PED 	Saturday, May 15, 2010 20:46
	Simple I Plastic Springs 	386 PED 	Tuesday, May 11, 2010 15:47
  	Basic Sheet Metal 	103 PED 	Thursday, April 29, 2010 12:48
  	Simple I Conductors 	59 PED 	Wednesday, March 17, 2010 23:57
  	Alekz Precision Scope 	61 PED 	Wednesday, March 17, 2010 04:49
  	Alekz Precision Scope 	58 PED 	Wednesday, March 17, 2010 04:48
  	Alekz Precision Scope 	110 PED 	Wednesday, March 17, 2010 04:48
  	Alekz Precision Scope 	62 PED 	Wednesday, March 17, 2010 04:19

Maybe one day... but ya, when i see a noob getting a hof it kinda makes me mad, but then i say to myself... one day ill get my big hof. one day......

The thing that happens to me allot, for example hunting spiders in the LA and get shit, then like 10 mins later after leaving the LA someone gets a hof, and ive spent like 500 peds ammo. It hurts even more on big mobs cause they cost alot to kill and its shittier when loot sucks. Happens to me all the time but hey, thats life in EU :D

I want to try something in RL, instead of spending 100$ in EU, ill buy for 100$ of scratch lottery and see how i do VS EU.

Last edited:
Pretty modest loses for an learn resistant 'click unreasonable stuff on condition' gambler imo.

Don't get me wrong, not my business why you keep doing the same, not working out, thing over and over again. But pesting the forum with your daily 5 complain posts and not doing anything about it get's a bit old really.

Code:
 	OreAmp OA-101 Light (L)  	52 PED  	Thursday, May 27, 2010 01:20
  	OreAmp OA-101 Light (L) 	50 PED 	Thursday, May 27, 2010 01:20
  	OreAmp OA-101 Light (L) 	54 PED 	Thursday, May 27, 2010 01:19
  	OreAmp OA-101 Light (L) 	90 PED 	Thursday, May 27, 2010 01:19
  	OreAmp OA-101 Light (L) 	251 PED 	Wednesday, May 26, 2010 16:46
  	OreAmp OA-101 Light (L) 	85 PED 	Wednesday, May 26, 2010 16:41
	OreAmp OA-101 Light (L) 	627 PED 	Wednesday, May 26, 2010 14:57
  	OreAmp OA-101 Light (L) 	53 PED 	Tuesday, May 25, 2010 15:05
  	OreAmp OA-101 Light (L) 	54 PED 	Tuesday, May 25, 2010 14:59
  	OreAmp OA-101 Light (L) 	54 PED 	Wednesday, May 19, 2010 15:25
  	OreAmp OA-101 Light (L) 	53 PED 	Wednesday, May 19, 2010 15:24
  	Simple I Plastic Springs 	91 PED 	Saturday, May 15, 2010 20:46
	Simple I Plastic Springs 	386 PED 	Tuesday, May 11, 2010 15:47
  	Basic Sheet Metal 	103 PED 	Thursday, April 29, 2010 12:48
  	Simple I Conductors 	59 PED 	Wednesday, March 17, 2010 23:57
  	Alekz Precision Scope 	61 PED 	Wednesday, March 17, 2010 04:49
  	Alekz Precision Scope 	58 PED 	Wednesday, March 17, 2010 04:48
  	Alekz Precision Scope 	110 PED 	Wednesday, March 17, 2010 04:48
  	Alekz Precision Scope 	62 PED 	Wednesday, March 17, 2010 04:19

I don't click condition anymore (which is why you don't see any globals on tracker except that 1 fluke enhancer). I have solely been clicking speed enhancer I for the last month, using my own materials (though admittedly I have to buy a few stacks of crystal off auction now and then).
I hunt stuff like Drone/Argo's with no armor and no fap (hella boring) instead of Atrox/Ambu etc...
I always mine resources average 10-15% more MU than I spend (namely; Belk, Igni, Himi, Pyrite, Niks - though Niks has dropped - Narc, Solis, Typo, Garcen, etc...).
Next?

You seem to think that there's a way that everyone can win, but there's not.

Sorry OP, had to defend myself against the know-it-all's again, didn't mean to flip your thread!

ps: you'll notice that my hunting globals have simply STOPPED since changing to Argo/Drone (~4500 Young-Gatherer Argo done since missions intro). You'll also notice it's been a month since globalling in crafting (since stopping condition) as well as in mining, although my globals mining yesterday are only because I strapped on some OA103/105 yesterday due to losses mining unamped in PVP (tried to make Vigi PED's hehe... fail). Ofcourse I play less now (15-30 hours/week down from 50-60) but I still clock reasonable amounts of time.

Last edited:
to the op if all u want is hof and globals go kill 500 levi, if u dont global or hof i'll pay ur losses. but then after those 500 levi let me know what ur return was with all those globals and hofs.

Get a budget and hunt for real!

You don't say anything about your hunting style or how much you cycle/day.

Take 3k peds use a p5a+104/105/106 and hunt drones 300 ped ammo/run. Try and burn those 3k ped. Do at least 2 runs/day (thats 4h perhaps). If you hunt a little here and there and go around to different locations in the same run you will get shit!

If you don't like doing things eco or mange your MU shut the fuck up. You don't need globals or hofs to get good return!

Yeha! I'm bitter! Don't bitch and whine in EF before you gave it a real try.

I don't click condition anymore. I hunt stuff like Drone/Argo's with no armor and no fap (hella boring) instead of Atrox/Ambu etc... I always mine resources average 10-15% more MU than I spend...

Good for you! :) Seriously very happy you got that managed because it was obvious it made you very unhappy.

(note the change in globals?).

Yes, my mistake and i apology!

No Next, just allow me a little remark please. More like well, an impression i have from the loot system. I think it is us ourselfs who control the loot volatility to some extend. Played that back and forth some times and thats how it seems. What i am saying, after switching to reasonable acitvities success might not come so soon because you still in a certain 'condition'. But don't give up on it.

You seem to think that there's a way that everyone can win, but there's not.

No, certainly not what i think. I think it is very hard to 'win' in EU. It's economy is brutal, rough and mean. Just as it is to expect from any real cash economy. And the reason why i am still motivated after 5 years.
There is only one enemy to beat in EU, that is myself. As long as i respect that i do well. As soon as i forget about it it get's bad.

I want to try something in RL, instead of spending 100$ in EU, ill buy for 100$ of scratch lottery and see how i do VS EU.

Rofl that made me laugh!

Good to hear well not good but I don't feel alone when I hear other ppl loose 600 ped a week.

My total skills atm not much for a player as old as I am maybe, won't bother calculating all that atm.

At least now I know im not alone.

Get a budget and hunt for real!

You don't say anything about your hunting style or how much you cycle/day.

Take 3k peds use a p5a+104/105/106 and hunt drones 300 ped ammo/run. Try and burn those 3k ped. Do at least 2 runs/day (thats 4h perhaps). If you hunt a little here and there and go around to different locations in the same run you will get shit!

If you don't like doing things eco or mange your MU shut the fuck up. You don't need globals or hofs to get good return!

Yeha! I'm bitter! Don't bitch and whine in EF before you gave it a real try.

Im not bitching nor whining just asking. And unlike you I don't burn 300 dollars a day I got better things to do with my life.

Im talking about LOW DEPOSIT newbies that get more hofs or globs.

And gratz on bitching about me bitching ;) since im not.

Good for you! :) Seriously very happy you got that managed because it was obvious it made you very unhappy.

Yes, my mistake and i apology!

No Next, just allow me a little remark please. More like well, an impression i have from the loot system. I think it is us ourselfs who control the loot volatility to some extend. Played that back and forth some times and thats how it seems. What i am saying, after switching to reasonable acitvities success might not come so soon because you still in a certain 'condition'. But don't give up on it.

No, certainly not what i think. I think it is very hard to 'win' in EU. It's economy is brutal, rough and mean. Just as it is to expect from any real cash economy. And the reason why i am still motivated after 5 years.
There is only one enemy to beat in EU, that is myself. As long as i respect that i do well. As soon as i forget about it it get's bad.

You're FAR TOO LEVEL HEADED lol...
I think I like you... no homo!
:laugh:

Seriously though, sorry if I seem to get hot-under-the-collar, but you can imagine how frustrating it must be sometimes. I do hope you're right and it will turn around.

To the OP, keep on keeping on my man. If there's one thing I know of for certain in EU, it's that, when things seem their darkest you're most likely to see light!
My last big hunting loot was on a Berycled after losing thousands on Atrox and Feff! My biggest mining loot was after nearly 5k loss on CND! My biggest crafting loot was after losing everything!
Keep going, just try to remain sane, calm and collected (last two I'm still working on lol, I think.. repeat; THINK... I've got the first one sussed hehe).
:)

ps: for reference - if at all interested - you can see how my style has changed from my last avatar (lost close to $8K USD in 1 year) to this one (only ~$700-800 USD total spent so far). Strange thing is that I managed to stay afloat longer with my old avatar regardless of the gambling...
http://entropiatracker.com/player.asp?mode=viewPlayer&PlayerID=93454

:scratch2:

Last edited:
to the op if all u want is hof and globals go kill 500 levi, if u dont global or hof i'll pay ur losses. but then after those 500 levi let me know what ur return was with all those globals and hofs.

Let me guess return will be shit?

Don't get me wrong I've gotten a lot of hofs and globals on team and lost a lot of ped even when we had those. I understand that.

Thanks for the offer ;)

I would put odds on actually losing PED in the long run to be honest.

To the OP: We all like globals and HoFs... very exciting. But try an emphasis on good returns overall and less emphasis on swirlies. Just because you see people with pages and pages of globals and HoFs does not mean they are making money :wise:

My last big hunting loot was on a Berycled after losing thousands on Atrox and Feff!

Thanks man! Isn't it ironic when you've been killing troxes all day and then just shoot a snan or daik and get a global lol.

I would put odds on actually losing PED in the long run to be honest.

To the OP: We all like globals and HoFs... very exciting. But try an emphasis on good returns overall and less emphasis on swirlies. Just because you see people with pages and pages of globals and HoFs does not mean they are making money :wise:

i am fairly sure out of 100s killing levi bout 90% have huge losses while maybe 4 avatar will hit an ath in the spam of 4 months :p, and perhaps 1 out of 15 hunts u'll show profit when u hit a big hof.

but if the op just wanted something he can solo kill for globals and hofs nothing can be easier then these fish :)

Thanks to all for their feeback!

Thanks man! Isn't it ironic when you've been killing troxes all day and then just shoot a snan or daik and get a global lol.

Diversity and 'doing the unusual thing' is what often helped me out of an loot down. Like most people i tend to do the same stuff over and over again. In my case because i focus on skill gains, so i optimize for killspeed, spawn density.

Other people i know ingame are way more flexible and they do better then me, rightfully so.

Other people i know ingame are way more flexible and they do better then me, rightfully so.

Quite right, I could not agree more. I am such a creature of habit... and it is my downfall. Check my tracker... mobs that start with an "A" :laugh:

If you really want to global, I'd suggest circulating atleast 300-500 peds per day on mobs with more than 500 hp.

Feffoids tend to global on average maybe once per 200-300 peds spent or so.

Kpeters, i don't understand how you can't global on feffs after having burnt a full korss 400. I used to have 1-4 globals per 300 ped ammo in the days.
You seem to only global once every 7-8 months? wow! Even by only hunting small game such as young molisk and young fouls for the missions, i managed to get two globals this week! And i still loose peds.

Your loot must suckzorz!:eek:

i voted yes, but wanted to vote no...

Kpeters, i don't understand how you can't global on feffs after having burnt a full korss 400. I used to have 1-4 globals per 300 ped ammo in the days.
You seem to only global once every 7-8 months? wow! Even by only hunting small game such as young molisk and young fouls for the missions, i managed to get two globals this week! And i still loose peds.

Your loot must suckzorz!:eek:

i voted yes, but wanted to vote no...

Lol that's exactly what I mean :D.

Of course globals are down Since V10 also because I've been guiding 90% of time. But low global rate has been happening for ages.

I forgot to mention the guiding thing :ahh:

Im not bitching nor whining just asking. And unlike you I don't burn 300 dollars a day I got better things to do with my life.

Im talking about LOW DEPOSIT newbies that get more hofs or globs.

And gratz on bitching about me bitching ;) since im not.

I don't burn them I cycle. I don't deposit at all for hunting. Fine low lvl then: Use 200 ped and hunt with opalo+a101 on combibos and try and burn it or not getting a global...If you don't hunt much you will get low amount of globlas and hof thats the way it is.

And if you don't global on this lvl when you hunt for like 1h/week its normal.

Thx :) I'm bitching on you because you expect big return when you cycle low ( cycle is not the same as spending).

I voted no not strange. I believe MA codes certain avatars to win and certain avatars to lose or break even. I have no idea what criteria they use to determine if you win or lose, but it is there, make no mistake. ofc avatars that win (or, "profit" if you will) will say "EU is dynamic, accept the losses as entertainment value for your $. (While they buy apartments and armour and weapons we only dream about. and now vehicles.)

I have my hot and cold streaks, I got 1 hof (2400 ped) and I have a couple globies solo (shit I had 1 day last month 4 globies in 1 day) but in general, I am like you. I Team global from time to time, I solo global once in a while, I have some good hunts/mining runs/crafting runs where I don't lose my shirt, but I also see ALOT of chat "spam" of 1 solo avatar globalling over and over and over and next week, I see the same avatar global over and over and over, be it mining, hunting or crafting. These avatars are "blessed" by MA to win. (and, I bet the same ones got a car first time around.)

so, I consider myself mid-range player. I do not lose everything, I do not lose always, but then, I do not really "Win" either. I must continue to depo. I last as long as I can, selling looted oils and shit to TT, then, after a couple weeks, I have to depo or quit. Then, I get a globie that allows me to play a little longer. Then, my returns turn to shit. So I go back to hunting snables with a knife. WTF I should be killing atrax with a maddox IV in Tiger Armour, but no, i am stabbing snables with a knife in street clothes. Whatever.

I want a car.

Just makes me wonder.

Those things aren't big enough to hoff very often. With the exception of feffoids, they are just bight enough to get a small hof if you do lots of them.

Same boat i killed mostly the above stuff or similiar sized stuff since 2005; but the vast majority has been in 2009/2010(several hundred thousand hunting loot events in that time period). And my largest loot was 160 ish ped, until a couple weeks ago. After ~100,000 drones i finally hit a hof on them. Ive done another ~15,000 kills since then, largest has been 132 ped.

The problem is, if you look at the hof list you need at least 250 ish ped to make a hoff. On something that takes around a ped to kill, 250 just doesnt happen, high 100s yes, but that wont make the hof list. The next large one up from there is like 1k ped or 10k ped, and those are RARE.

If you hunt something that takes arround 2-4 ped to kill, then you can make the hof list rarely with small hofs. But were still talking one to ten thousand kills or so to have a reasonable chance.

Its all about the ped turn over.And how much it takes to kill something. If it takes a ped or less, the hofs are just going to be extremely rare.

You are basically a team player and very conservative. Solo is not your cup of tea, deduce from your responses from members posts. So stop complaining u dont HoF solo. Do more solo and I'm sure MA will be kind to you, noob :rolleyes:

Back