If a planet partner shuts down his planets

Galadea

Alpha
Society
The 3-Toed Sloths
Galadea Gala Durutti
what does happen with your assets on that planet?

Imagine: FPC (or any other planet partner) goes bankrupt and MA still continues running EU, what happens with my Avatar and my Items? Will I get transfered to another planet? What happens with my estates, my items? Will they all be TTed, espeically if that kind of item is not allowed on the remaining planets?

Last edited:

Background: MA is selling FPC because they know that they can't compete with the upcomming planet cyrene. If they don't find a buyer (which would be very strange with such a low pricetag), they will have to close planet calypso because they allerady have funding issues and can't sustain two companies. So what does happen to my avatar then?

If a planet gets closed I persume you can stand at the back in the line of creditors that all want a piece of the remaining pie. If you are lucky enough to get some, you will get tt value for your stuff.

Further you make a lot of assumptions in your post from which I doubt that they are true.

Background: MA is selling FPC because they know that they can't compete with the upcomming planet cyrene. If they don't find a buyer (which would be very strange with such a low pricetag), they will have to close planet calypso because they allerady have funding issues and can't sustain two companies. So what does happen to my avatar then?

Who knows, maybe same as when bank goes bankrupt... they should compensate all ppl equally I think, but we know how this ends up, ppl loosing their life savings.

MA should give you the TT value of items you have in storage (I think, it was like this be4)... or if Im not mistaken, they will refund you only deposited money in last 6 months lol. (so if u deposited 10Kusd before 7 months, you get just kiss for good bye)

Since your avatar and all of your items are bound to the entropia universe, it simply wont matter if a planet shuts down, you can continue on another planet.

Besides, as long as MA lives a planet cant shut down, the company behind the planet may fire its personell, but since ma is handling the servers, the cost for maintaining a planet would be Zero as long as you dont develop it any further.

Ergo, as long as MA have cash all is well.

Since your avatar and all of your items are bound to the entropia universe, it simply wont matter if a planet shuts down, you can continue on another planet.

How about real estate?

Besides, as long as MA lives a planet cant shut down, the company behind the planet may fire its personell, but since ma is handling the servers, the cost for maintaining a planet would be Zero as long as you dont develop it any further.

Ergo, as long as MA have cash all is well.

Even if MA run outta cash, MA would prob sell EU to someone, so even then EU would live on....

How about real estate?

Real estate is indeed planet bound, and would indeed become wortless.
But do keep in mind, that a planet only would shut down if its not economically viable to even fund the servers for that planet. And this is a small cost in comparison to actually develop and run a planet.

I see no reason to worry actually.

Last edited:
Why even bother with the question ._. I don't see PC shutting down anytime soon.

I thought that MA would take over management if a PP fails :scratch2: or it would get offered to another PP.

Further you make a lot of assumptions in your post from which I doubt that they are true.
Well my post is purely speculative, based on two facts we know:
a) the price for FPC is 6.000.000 $
b) MA has put the RL banking license on hold due to the lack of funds

:rolleyes:

Even if MA run outta cash, MA would prob sell EU to someone, so even then EU would live on....
If MA would be of any interest for big companies they would have been bought allready. And why somebody should buy a company that failed hard time is beyond me...

Why even bother with the question ._. I don't see PC shutting down anytime soon.
I agree with the last part, but do you really think MA will be around forever?

How about real estate?
Excatly, and what about items I am not allowed to carry to other planets?

Last edited:
Have you considered that MA might be selling FPC to create two distinct and independent companies (most of us still consider them to be one and the same) and to avoid any conflict of interests? Funds from the sale could be just a benefit of this. :)

WOW wait ... this is your own dream/nightmare ??

Where do you have proof that MA is selling their shares of FPC and that FPC is going to close lol ??

There is always Rocktropia and i guess you will get an option to move to another planet for free . So then we all go to Rocktropia and play there.Which is a whole other game in its own ..Stop panicking ... FPC aint gonna stop and cyrene ??? There isnt even a beta /movie released ..

If we all got shut down

our avatars and stuffs will proably go into some sort stasiss

most likely it will last a few years

untill some rich dude reactivate us :)

But all MV will be gone and reset.... luckly if you can keep those skills points

They already answered this question during the original planet partner offerings

If a planet partner closes in order to maintain safety of participant the planet and all rights to object graphics and stuff goes back to mindark. in that way you dont risk loosing your land area or special fap or whatever

If FPC ceases to operate:
  • Travel, for a moderate cost, to another planet. :yay:
  • They sent us a "USB laugh machine" that will be activated every time a mob us a message of "no loot" in the new world. :rolleyes:
  • We will receive the gift of a cushion to sit on, also USB, which will produce an electrical shock whenever our weapon "miss" the shot. :confused:
  • Finally, and if all else fails, we will be received by Lootius in his glory. :rolleyes:

Well my post is purely speculative, based on two facts we know:
a) the price for FPC is 6.000.000 $
b) MA has put the RL banking license on hold due to the lack of funds

Please post a link to the information source. I been unable to find that facts on MindArk web site. however it is very interesting.

In MA´s latest statement they said that FPC has been sold to an undisclosed buyer. They also said that the condition of the sale depends on if the buyer can meet the required 4 downpayments that will stretch for 2 years?. The buyer has met the first downpayment without a problem. When all the downpayments are made - then FPC will change owner and the new owner will be made public.

Reason why the bank fell trough.
MA tried to go public to get the nessecarry moneybuffert for the bank. The company they tried to go public with turned out to be a scam :eyecrazy: So the effort to get new cash for the bank is pushed forward untill MA tries again. (Hopefully not with a scam company this time)

Please post a link to the information source. I been unable to find that facts on MindArk web site. however it is very interesting.

Those things were in the latest financial report.

to OP, have you played on planet cyrene(and ofc know how all the rest of the community feels)? or how do you know calypso wont be able to compete?

I for sure haven't played cyrene yet or even RT yet, so if you know a link to where I could play on it please post it so we all can get a feeling about it...

WOW wait ... this is your own dream/nightmare ??

Where do you have proof that MA is selling their shares of FPC and that FPC is going to close lol ??
I didn't say they are closing, nor do I think they will. And FPC has allready found a buyer...

They already answered this question during the original planet partner offerings

If a planet partner closes in order to maintain safety of participant the planet and all rights to object graphics and stuff goes back to mindark. in that way you dont risk loosing your land area or special fap or whatever

Oh, haven't found that part in the EULA. Can you please post it. And what use is a land area without a planet where the land is located? :)

Last edited:
I wouldn't go so far as to assume that Cyrene > Calypso yet, it hasn't even launched. Besides - look how RockTropia has gone - it looked MUCH cooler before it launched, but few mob varieties and poor loot made it far less appealing than Calypso.

Your avatar and items and all that stuff are owned by MA. So if a planet partner went down, you wouldnt lose any of that.

At worst you might loose that planet. But MA has said if one were to fail they would take it over and keep it running. At least thats what i remember, cant provide a quote that was a while ago. But it should be pretty cheap for them to keep any planet running, the backend is all theirs anyway. It would just be a matter of them picking up the support requests for that planet.

I didn't say they are closing, nor do I think they will. And FPC has allready found a buyer...

Oh, haven't found that part in the EULA. Can you please post it. And what use is a land area without a planet where the land is located? :)

hmm they used to have it on http://www.entropiaplatform.com but its not all the same as last I checked it cant find that mid document anymore. it was in the application to become a planet partner

can't remember where but somewhere when planets first started being announced MA said that it'd keep the planets running even if the partner closes shop. Since MA controls the loot and the servers, I'd say this is probably true...

remind me again.. what is the purpose of this thread?

Back