A newbie story behind a scam

Parlog

Elite
Society
THE MINISTRY
Parlog Gothakaur
Hey you,
i dont know your real name, but you liked Monica Belucci. I don’t think you lied about your age, so you are maybe 22-23 or just 19-20 now, hmm contradictions? But you lied about your gender. Who was the girl on the pics you sent me? Your little sister? You are intelligent and you note down the things you say, or you have decent memory skills. Congratulations. But there are freeriders around you and they don’t have the discipline you got. Or you sometimes fail, … alcohol, drugs or just cold feet?

I met you on day 1 of my EU career in the southern container of Port Atlantis. And today I see that you are my story to tell and as this it seems that its my quest to hunt you down and make you stop scamming people. Hmm but is that even possible? We will see…

You had a pink dress and hat and held a yellow plant. You had a fap 15 maybe 28 and since you faped me on my first berycled (which was a 36peder in shiny goldpieces) I offered you my friendship in return. You and Stephan my mentor have been the first two persons on my FL.

And now after so many things have happened, I cant be silent anymore. I have a dirty little secret and its name is Monica. You studied me, you learned from me, with me, tried things out, jumped back into cover, when you went to far. You constructed a nice and beautiful, sometimes strange (girls pff) character called Monica aka J.J.J. ingame. And maybe during our more than 2 years lasting “friendship” you told me a few things too much. You ended this friendship by scamming a 150peder esi from a socm8 of mine, after you often tried, and always failed to borrow things from me. …The 5b plates story made me very suspicious. You told me you will leave for 6 month the next day. … Still when I saw J.J.J. loging back I was happy to see “her” again.

I invited you to my soc, as so many times before, we talked nights and nights and I fell in love with Monica. You got cold feet when you realized how serious I was. You wanted to hit and run. You did it, scammed a socm8 and for this you used my trust in you, and as this the trust of my socm8s in me. I was the socleader back then.

Freeriders… as I said, I don’t think that youre alone. If it’s a just role you play, its again a very good one, but why is it necessary for a pro trustscammer to play a stupid trust scammer? So who is that second guy or those other guys? Your friends, your little brother? Or is it just that you sometimes don’t get the story running and start to make stupid mistakes? Monica never was this way, did you stop making notes? No its someone else right? He is a hopeless case as a scammer, he cant lie not even in a chat. Still you helped him, and told him how to get into contact, I know your flowers of speech…. After the scam you revealed yourself that day, you told it to my socm8s you never told it to me personally. At least not with Monica.

=)

This is how your smileys look like! I was told that the keyboards of your country lack the “:” for some reason so you make smileys like this =). I have read it so often in the years with Monica. And that day when I met C.L ingame at Neas, I was shocked. Monica was long gone, kicked from soc and J.J.J. banned from EU, yet “she” was back with another avatar.

It was not only the smiley, it was the words you used, the things you said. I knew within a few sentences that this was Monica, or better to say the guy behind her in her role. I talked to you, I invited you into my soc, and when you were in my socchat I started an harsh interogation. The usual stuff, where are you from, are you a depositor or not, bloody new or more experienced, but I did it military style. You did not lie about your country, but about the city you lived in. Thinking pauses for the most basic questions? At Neas you were a formidable chatter… There it started, something changed, (I bet it was the other guy behind the keyboard or the cold feet).
You started with contradictions. Was it a “I got to get the hell out of here? The sooner the better”? A stupid lier is laughed at not hunted down? But again you told us the truth, who you really are, then we kicked you. Why did you tell us? Do you wanted to test us?

A week later my socm8s saw you hunting in a bunch of NBK hunters. And the same night I met HW at Ashi TP and I told him that his new acquisition is most likely a trustscammer. Whatever HW made to proof that, C.L. was kicked from NBK a few days later.

Monica was a masterpiece. When I came to EU I was already washed with the brutality of the net. But I didn’t know that a real trustscammer could hurt me so much, even though he gave me more than he took from me. He raised a deep suspiciousness in me about people who write a smiley like =), maybe he does more harm to his fellow countrymen than he can imagine. He doesn’t seem to care. As we can see from his latest scam, he is still amongst us, and maybe a new avatar of him is already grinding the gateway. He landed a new coup and I see this fuckers grinning face before me, when I read how he sold it.

As I said, he will come back, maybe he is already here with 10 or 100 avatars. I am not on a witchunt here, its totally useless to call avatar X,Y this or that. He is not even guilty, its YOU and YOU only who is guilty if you fall prey to him. I don’t know his name, but maybe its my quest in EU from day 1 to hunt him down and make him stop scamming people.

He is not shy and he knows many of you, even the old farts, he was very close to male supremacy parts once and had many toys in hands during the years. He tries to get reputation via the forums, your friendship, your trust by giving back your items at first, your love even, he knows the rules and tries to twist and bend them. I am sure there are many scammers out there, but only a few in his ligue…

//

Close it if you want John, but I think I had to say this about the latest incidents… I post this in the newbie sections because it’s worth a read for everyone. Its never too early to learn the word collateral in EU.

Its doesn’t makes sense to hunt him down, all I can do is tell the truth and warn the people.

Par over and out

Last edited:
That was a very Sad read Parlog.

Its disappointed to see how people treat each and makes u really wonder where societys ethics and morales have gone.... or were they ever really around in the first place?

sigh......... a really really long sigh................

sigh......... a really really long sigh................
woops worng thread hhahaha

I read the story Parlog I somewhere found it a slice of romatic and drama.

For all that it means it is nice written.

And yes some ppl are just plain evil ingame

Reactions: das
A very sad story :/

Sad story yes, but at least you found out the truth in the end.

You are a good person letting people borrow from you etc. helping, you do it knowing you do a big favor, but its a Naiv thinking expecting everyone to be as fine as the best.

I am naiv many ways also, thinking the best of everyone, know the feeling,.

There are some really sick people out in the world. Too bad it bleeds into EU.

I met a trust scammer and never suspected.. someone else got scammed but still managed to hurt me. My good friend Tomba says " Trust only in those who r close enough to punch "

trust scammers are the worst kind. sorry to hear about this.

Sad story indeed. Him being from my country makes it even harder to read.

I was scammed a few times myself, up to 1k peds once, so i know perfectly well how hurtful it is. It's not even that you blame scammer, but rather yourself for being so gullible. But still, world where you can not trust anybody, would be really terrible place. At least for myself, i have learned to rely on my intuition, because in all cases it has been right. I tried to suppress it with cold rational thinking that there is nothing wrong with person in question, but almost instantly i would get a repulsion on emotional level. I can't even properly put in words, but if you get that feeling about someone, best is not to have any deals with such person.

It's a very sad story. I've seen too many scams already and I see more with the time.

I can't understand scamming, never could. I believe vast majority of people have thier price - a moment when they turn into thief (or when thief wakes up in them), but I'm almost always shocked to see how low this price is.

So sorry this happend to you :hug:

{removed}

yes mate, Theres a a few of those about, and when you call them out they will use things like, oh sorry if you fell for the ava! (even if you didnt!) and fall back on things like, there are many males that have female avas! (Thats exactly right there are), but as someone with male genetalia, i wont be rushing to date Star for example...why cos he makes it clear hes a guy as do most decent people in eu! The difference is, as males we treat women differently, (not a chauvenistic comment its in our genes!) I was infamously duped by one of these 'men' too for more than a year, who had female photo on here and stated also on ef IRL female and now that person is a general of one of the biggest amount of socs in eu, wont mention any names not sure if it could even be the biggest you would have to check with hardwrath on that! Then out of the blue this person decided to change their sex on here overnight along with their pictures, to a male, with some skinny runt with shat tattoos! go figure, now i may be an arse sometimes but i wouldnt swap places with people that sink that low!

wish you all the best mate and massive rep to you for posting what you did! *8)

by the way, buying hime if anyones selling...oops meant himi

Last edited by a moderator:
good read Parlog

reminds what I wrote earlier.. that trustscam the worst is not the peds you loose, its the bad feeling because of the broken trust/friendship.

i never understood scamming at all, couldn^t you earn more money irl in the same time? especially when you need years to build the trust you need...

One of the best posts I've read for a while. Thx Par.

Sad story, seen it too many times. I only trust persons who i can eaasily find IRL. Like Tomba said.

Thanks for sharing the story... I'm really sorry that you had to experience this :(

Ok I read it after all. Sucks how some ppl can be so sick...

What an amazing read!! So very sorry to hear this tale that happened to you tho mate.

You do have a nice way of telling your story tho...I could have kept reading.. and I'm not a big reader lol

My reply is go little away from the pc and go in real life out have drink some nice night go 2-3 weeks in holydai (ibiza) and about trust i dont understand how people can trust in one avatar in one game its hard to trust in real life ....nice story my frend but i will never understand this kind off people...

Parlog u think this can be the same Monica I reported in 2006?:

2006-09-16 00:41 - You wrote:

Hello,

I was just approached by "TopModel Monica Bellucci" MindArk time 2006-09-16 00:32:00 or so and she offered to "upgrade" my armour. Because I understand it is a scam I told here I was quite satisfied with what I have, but she kept on naggin' about it. At the end of our conversation she went away and logged off.

I think you should investigate it.

2006-09-18 13:43 - Entropia Universe Support:

Hi,
Thanks for reporting. You did exactly the right thing. You protected yourself and your belongings. Human nature is not homogenous and this will also affect the Entropia Universe since it has been made to resemble the real world in as many fundamental ways as possible. You will again and again come across people who try to take advantage of your misplaced trust and want to rob you of your possessions via legal in-world means. When this occurs, there is nothing MindArk can do for you. Although low and despicable, this is something that can happen in real life too. Therefore you have to be really careful and check that everything is really OK before you close a deal.

Regards,
Entropia Support

Nice post on detection of deception.
I dont feel sorry specifically for you what I do feel is the collateral damge and betrayal of a whole community...ah the corrosion of trust!

I've seen this kind of caper and if allowed to persist within societies for too long it becomes detsructive.

This kind of induvidual is so psychopathic they inject there value into the fabric of a society and often can destroy them.

Cheers for fessing the story as people need to be mindful...

Sry to hear that Parlog.

From my side I'm more like Star. I have a female ava, yes, but it is clear from the start that there is a man sitting before the keyboard. :cool:

Being quite kind to ppl myself, I always wait before I entrust someone, even IRL.
An I rely on feelings too, I mean when I can't "feel" a person, I remain careful.

Hopefully there are enough good ppl in our universe :yay:

Peace to all Colonists.

Lez. :wtg:

sigh.....

whats up with all the scams going on recently?....

I met a trust scammer and never suspected.. someone else got scammed but still managed to hurt me. My good friend Tomba says " Trust only in those who r close enough to punch "

sigh.....

whats up with all the scams going on recently?....

Well their always have been scams here.
In the early days you where lucky to get a good mentor who adviced you what to do. Then you also had the safe haven of the NAZ with FCP employee where nobody actually tried to scam. Now that is all gone and newbies just want pedszzzz peddzzzzz pedzzzzzz an fall for every stupid scam out there. Nobody actually care for them and the only couple of ppl that do care, get burned, and shut down by the community. Creating a safe haven for scammers now as MA wont do anything, EF wont allowed, EP does neither and no where for ppl the go to for help and get their money back. In the end the newbie that actually wanted to invest in this game thinks twice and goes home searching for another game.

Today i stood in Swamp for 30 min. I counted 5 trade scammer, 1 survey annoucer (illegal by MA) m and countless of false information. Do i say anything about it .. well i can try but newbies dont listen anymore execpt if you give them free stuff.

My Philsopy I want to give you advice what to , how to do and create a nice gameplay. I wont give you free stuff but rather like to endorce a newbie to depo 10 US dollar (7-8 euro woopie do) and then try out numerous things. Give them advice for tht how to procede. Only does newbies that actually want that and really seek advice they stay. I'm looking at one of the biggest newbie helpers now which got trained that way, I see 3-4 good players now that also sticked around and are very active here.

As for scammers, screen then, support case them let support now that we dont want those ppl anymore

Sorry to hear :(

Sucks to be scamed like that!

Back