Stickynote - open for service

I use it every so often now that EntropiaBay is down and out. Some basic grouping against each planet and sub groups would be nice to see.

Last edited:
Okay so two people use it at least - Thank you for responding!

There is one request for self definable MU and one for grouping functions.

I'd love to see if some more people use it, so if like 3 more people speak up I'll give the site a design overhaul with bootstrap (trust me everything looks better with bootstrap) and will work on improving the usability of the functions.

I use you inv calc every 1-2month .)

Nice 2 people more show interest, one by using a +rep, so at least 4 people use it.

Anyway I was also considering setting up SSL by getting a free certificate from StartCOM...
this way you folks might feel safer transmitting your inventory data.

I am not yet committing to really put work into it, but I am easily motivated by kind words :yup:

Nice 2 people more show interest, one by using a +rep, so at least 4 people use it.

Anyway I was also considering setting up SSL by getting a free certificate from StartCOM...
this way you folks might feel safer transmitting your inventory data.

I am not yet committing to really put work into it, but I am easily motivated by kind words :yup:

You are awesome :yay:. I am really happy to see some people are putting time and hard work for free for the good of other people.BOW !

If some people show interest I'm ready to give it a design overhaul and if certain functions are needed and requested I might even add them ;-)

So ... give me feedback here hmkay?

feedback!
i used to use entropiabay a lot, but have been on a break, i tried your inv. calc. and the first thing i noticed (apart from the nice oldschool presentation) is that it is missing up to date data on MU, this was never perfect before of course but the lack of updates to peauction and the closure of entropiabay means a lot of items are missing, have you noticed that entropia life is scraping auction data? perhaps you can arrange something with them to collaborate on a up to date inv. calc.

as far as functions go, what i liked most about entropiabay was the ability to sort and exclude items, categories, or even whole planets at the click of a button, the before/after calculation was also invaluable, allowing one to track or compare a activity by pasting two different sets of inventory data.
the only function that entropiabay did not have but would be nice/fun was the ability to graph progress over a period of time, this was a function one of the earliest inv. calcs. had but was never taken up by entropiabay.
i still had a screenshot of that, it was really simple but it was nice to see the changes presented in this way:

feedback!
i used to use entropiabay a lot, but have been on a break, i tried your inv. calc. and the first thing i noticed (apart from the nice oldschool presentation) is that it is missing up to date data on MU, this was never perfect before of course but the lack of updates to peauction and the closure of entropiabay means a lot of items are missing, have you noticed that entropia life is scraping auction data? perhaps you can arrange something with them to collaborate on a up to date inv. calc.

as far as functions go, what i liked most about entropiabay was the ability to sort and exclude items, categories, or even whole planets at the click of a button, the before/after calculation was also invaluable, allowing one to track or compare a activity by pasting two different sets of inventory data.
the only function that entropiabay did not have but would be nice/fun was the ability to graph progress over a period of time, this was a function one of the earliest inv. calcs. had but was never taken up by entropiabay.
i still had a screenshot of that, it was really simple but it was nice to see the changes presented in this way:

Thanks for the detailed feedback.
I was wondering about the quality of the peauction values, as it never hurts to have multiple sources I'll definitely investigate the values entropia life provides.
Also I am toying with the idea to try and evaluate the auction data by myself... but that is a huge maybe.

On the front of inventory comparison - that would mean you would have to have an account and I would need to store inventory data by user.
As its not much and I could store it compressed in the database it would not take much storage space I assume (which is an issue as I have a server with not too much storage capacity).

For a safer feeling in committing data to my server I acquired a certificate and tomorrow I'll set it up, probably I will redirect all http calls towards the https connection, so no one lands on an insecure connection accidentally.

When I have done that I'll work on a redesigned site, which should then also allow easier integration of new features.
And when that is done I'll revisit the starting page of this thread, bring it up to date and decide what features to work on next.
Maybe another entropiabay comes around the corner offering much more than I could offer, we'll see :cool:

Well after some hassles I managed to set up the SSL.
Let me know if you run into any troubles using the site.

Further server maintenance:
In the next few days I will improve some aspects of the server, which is also necessary before any real work on the site itself can start.
So if the server is not available in the evenings (~16-22 MA time) don't be alarmed as it is just work in progress.

I finaly after some digging found this tool. Thx for your work m8.

A few things thou :).
Value filter for ped value to make the search abit easier.
Also a way to sort things according to TT would be usefull both as TT and as TT+MU
Filter for PLANETS this is crucial for me as a planet jumper :p

I finaly after some digging found this tool. Thx for your work m8.

A few things thou :).
Value filter for ped value to make the search abit easier.
Also a way to sort things according to TT would be usefull both as TT and as TT+MU
Filter for PLANETS this is crucial for me as a planet jumper :p

Hey thanks.

I am currently trying to resolve the situation of where to get current MU data, so I have not yet started to improve the site and tool as I had hoped for a quick resolution.
Sadly that is dragging on, so probably I am going to start on improving without having good market data.

Still unsure about if I should completely remove the MU part or carry it along with just the peauction data.

Outstanding work!!

To have a working inventory calc again is priceless for a hoarder like myself :ahh:

For me Auction data/MU history isnt that important but a handy thing that the others had was to highlight anything worth over 50ped in yellow,anything over 500ped in Orange and anything over 1kped in red.

This way it was really easy to scan down the list for any stacks that had gotten to a sellable amount.

Not sure how easy that is to implement but if you're looking for improvements to make that would be on the top of my list.

Thanks again for your work, + rep:cool:

I tackled the bear I kept putting off to fight with.
Nobody should notice but I switched from apache to nginx... everything should work the same, had no chance to test myself yet, but will do so tomorrow.

Well... no lose screws to care for now anymore on the server, so starting the rewrite of the site is the next thing on the agenda.

I tackled the bear I kept putting off to fight with.
Nobody should notice but I switched from apache to nginx... everything should work the same, had no chance to test myself yet, but will do so tomorrow.

Well, this happens when I send my inventory to the website:

Code:
An error occurred.

Sorry, the page you are looking for is currently unavailable.
Please try again later.

If you are the system administrator of this resource then you should check the error log for details.

Faithfully yours, nginx.

I admit, I'm a horder and have 1356 items at the moment. Guess it's running into a timeout somewhere.

Ciao, Armin

Well, this happens when I send my inventory to the website:

Code:
An error occurred.

Sorry, the page you are looking for is currently unavailable.
Please try again later.

If you are the system administrator of this resource then you should check the error log for details.

Faithfully yours, nginx.

I admit, I'm a horder and have 1356 items at the moment. Guess it's running into a timeout somewhere.

Ciao, Armin

Thank you for the report - I only have about 50 items less and it worked.
Nonetheless I have set the timeout to 10 minutes now, the default apparently was 30 seconds.

Let me know if it works for you :)

Great work indeed!

I have 427 items and it worked, despite being a little slow.
I kind of miss a better indexing, but everything seems to be working :)

Great work indeed!

I have 427 items and it worked, despite being a little slow.
I kind of miss a better indexing, but everything seems to be working :)

Good to hear!

Well its a very "small" virtual server I am paying out of my pocket...
when I am done with the new layout and people like it I might introduce a donation area.

Should people indeed be willing to donate towards the server cost I'd love to upgrade, but that is something for later when the next steps are done.

Thank you for the report - I only have about 50 items less and it worked.
Nonetheless I have set the timeout to 10 minutes now, the default apparently was 30 seconds.

Let me know if it works for you :)

Thank you for your efforts. Yes, it works now! Took a few minutes, but it ran.

It would be nice, if you could give items another color if they're worth more than 100, 500 or 1000 peds.

Ciao, Armin

Wow guys I was really expecting some more trouble with switching over to nginx but so far all works like a charm it seems.
Configuration is much more logical than with Apache and it was a good reason to get rid of all the silly .htaccess files.

On other news I had a could exchange with entropialife, if I find enough time I'll tap their auction database and in exchange I'll try to provide an inventory calc plugin on their site.

When the new layout is ready I'll probably make a new thread, as I really don't want to try to copy the old entropiatools anymore, instead I will focus on developing features you folks ask for.

Bear with me until I have something to show :rolleyes:

Wow has it been a month already?

I wrote bear with me and I must continue to ask so.
Work has been a killer the last weeks and also time runs tight now and I am running out of time to finish writing the novel I started work on this year. Next month is NaNoWriMo and though I will be cheating and just translating the finished german novel into english, this will probably take more than enough time too.
So ... well don't expect to hear any news from me until December - Sorry Sorry!

Oh and wish me luck at the end of this month... might have a huge opportunity that I just might be able enough to catch :)

Hmm...
- Mob Maturities, locations, and drops?
- Mining zones for specific minerals?

No harm in having alternative tools at our disposal.

Hey guys,

was checking the stickynote out again and wondered as the sites the data came from are "down?". How updated is the information you get from the inv calc?

Cheers and thanks for all the work you put down on this! :yay:

Hey guys,

was checking the stickynote out again and wondered as the sites the data came from are "down?". How updated is the information you get from the inv calc?

Cheers and thanks for all the work you put down on this! :yay:

Well entropiabay is no more, so what is left is peauction.
If you take a look at the site you can see it is still updating
http://www.peauction.com/itemlisting.php?id=53

I checked in my database and for Alicenies Gel my system retrieved the data at "2015-02-12 23:01:26" from peauction.

Sadly the way peauction is getting its data is not really resulting in very reliable values...

Anyhow I haven't finished my book yet, so still no time to improve stickynote, sorry :-(

Thanks for update man and of course focus on your book. (What book?)

Sie bist toll mein freund!!!

:silly2:

FYI: I reconfigured the SSL for the site so it reaches full score for every category in the ssllabs checking tool.

If this causes connection problems let me know :)

Just a note, checking around on PEAuction.com and it seems tho that a lot of stuff have not been seen in a long time. So think they got some issue or is nobody selling anymore?

http://www.peauction.com/itemlisting.php?id=56

http://www.peauction.com/itemlisting.php?id=15

last seen early 2014

It seems the auction feed show's you only one page of data, on certain planets sub-sites, and refuses to update that information for at least the browsers session, if not the day. It seems MA have implemented something to prevent a single IP from gaining auction data and thus understanding the auction trends, possibly to prevent panic selling when the latest data showed everything was decreasing in value?

Oh by the way the tool is usable again... a server upgrade broke it a bit :p

Anyhow if anyone has a hint as to where current market data with good quality might be available let me know please!

Oh by the way the tool is usable again... a server upgrade broke it a bit :p

Anyhow if anyone has a hint as to where current market data with good quality might be available let me know please!

It's down again! :(

Back