A PE role play, is it a good or bad idea?

Is a PE role game a good or bad idea?

• YES!

Votes: 26 19.4%
  • NOPE!

Votes: 20 14.9%
  • MAYBE, it depends on....

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • EFD pleas!

Votes: 60 44.8%

• Total voters
"yes!" and "nope!" should have been "good" and "bad" :rolleyes:

ah THAT kind of role play...

Thought you meant how you play in game. Well I guess folks who are into pen and paper role play might be up for a PE rule set. Marco might be interested I think he used to write role play games or something

Wistrel

ah THAT kind of role play...

Thought you meant how you play in game. Well I guess folks who are into pen and paper role play might be up for a PE rule set. Marco might be interested I think he used to write role play games or something

Wistrel

And then when the ruleset is set you could create stories ;)

Marco might be interested I think he used to write role play games or something

I know he was at least in part responsible for a "film noir" style detective RPG.

Read all about it!

http://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marco_Behrmann

Use Google translate. He is a big name in the role play community in Sweden.

Hmmm... a Viking RG, huh? Hope they dispelled that myth about those bloody horns on the helmets, that was 18th century costuming and not history!

Thanks for the tip Nirfu. In return, if you ever get the chance to procure a Louisville Slugger baseball bat in D&D, do it. They do 1-6 instead of the normal 1-4 that a normal club does. My source? Gary frakkin' Gygax told me so @ Dragon*Con in 1992. :)

I wouldlove to hear the 22 so far "It depends" guy's oppinion. What it depends on etc.

I got a nice old box of Dragon Magazine around here somewhere ;)

My last efforts at DMing years ago was trying to develop a gambling system for RPG sorta the DM determines the odds and the player decides whether or not to take the bet with risk and incentives for doing so. Was going to use actual pennys as copper pieces etc.

Though I probably wont be revisiting my young rpg years, I love most stuff of this nature. I think understanding how dice rpgs work is a necessary step to understanding most modern games in general.

i played lot of those diced RPGs
usualy as GM
idea is good
and i found very easy 1d6 system in Shadowrun
quick-reference-sheets.

we got all those FAN paper pistols and finders ...
The Entropian issue#1 page 54 ^^ may give you some ideas

I want to see how this plays out. If it becomes what you envision I would really like to try.

Would characters be blank slates and gain experience solely through play, or would skills and abilities be added at character generation time? That's a major divisor among RPGs

T79, Traveller was a good system as well. You can do lots with a small batch of D6's. :)

I voted no.

Unless you can turn it into a betting game with money! The ONLY reason I play EU is because of the RCE.

If there was no cash at stake here, this would be just a very boring MMO. There are many other, much more engaging MMOs with traditional economies.

Back