Content 11.3.0 RELEASE

I'd like to see Oil prices rise from the introduction of new vehicles.

P.S. Looking forward to getting a Boat... NO HILLS!!! ;)

ssssshh! Before you know there will be tidal waves destroying yout boat.

And finally the negatives:
* Has anyone tried depositing yet? I did, and after the deposit had gone through a new dialogue pops up asking you to confirm you want to subscribe to voice-chat. Were I the sort of player who would just click 'yes' without reading the accompanying message then I would have lost PED on a service I have no intention of using.... :rolleyes:
Now you were supposed to give me your chat voucher ;)

deposits before 28th oct gets 30days free triel of the service

Now you were supposed to give me your chat voucher ;)

deposits before 28th oct gets 30days free triel of the service

Ah, that's okay then ... but still won't be using it.

Managed to log in again for a grand total of sixty seconds before another CTD, and got the same dialogue asking if I agree to ToU for voice-chat .... would be handy if we got the option to click 'No, and don't ask me again'.

Anway - one last try and if/when I CTD this time I might just call it a night.

Just in case anyone cares:

The 10PED per month don't come from nowhere. I assume that there's a contract between MA and Ericsson. They seem to have agreed on a royalty of 10USD per year per user if the user uses it throughout the year (~80c per month). Then MA crunched the numbers backwards and introduced the 10PEDs per month. That's why the initial price is 8 PEDs per month to not let it a have a negative impact on their numbers. The difference of 2PEDs seem to go to MA. Obvious question: into MA's pockets or loot-pool?

Somebody mentioned deaf people. Well, phones?!? They exist for quite a while and just not too long ago phone companies started to introduce video chats (hint, hint!).

secured voice chat!

Did i tell you guys it is so bad to use ventrillo or skype or teamspeak? it reveal your ip opening your computer to many hack attempt...

I made a post about this earlier week and im glad a secured option is available now. the only problem is those who keep using ventrillo and think 10ped is too much for security wont be able to talk back to ppl using the ingame system.

oh and if you are worried about death when jumping off a cliff, drive off...

I made a suicide on a cliff first 131.6dmg on my 131.59 or so HP lol

then drove off the same cliff/place in my "hummer" (=high speed deeper fall) and it only took 0.4 SI dmg from the fall and 4SI dmg from me hitting a tree just when I landed, not a chance to steer clear of it :D

oh and if you are worried about death when jumping off a cliff, drive off...

I made a suicide on a cliff first 131.6dmg on my 131.59 or so HP lol

then drove off the same cliff/place in my "hummer" (=high speed deeper fall) and it only took 0.4 SI dmg from the fall and 4SI dmg from me hitting a tree just when I landed, not a chance to steer clear of it :D

If we are climbing a mountain (or TP to a mountaintop, in most cases), there will not be a suitable spot for spawning the vehicle. Even if the hill is too steep.

I can't even get on, I Crash to Desktop every time I try to log in! Awesome way to start off the new version!...

As much as I want a boat... I'd rather have back the Mentor, Taming, Facemasks, Beacons, and Hangar systems BEFORE they start coming out with so much new stuff (that has apparently left EU in a very buggy state!)

Voice chat with very limited options that you have to pay to use? WTF?! Really? MA heard of Vent, TS, and Skype?! PFFFT!

Since I can't get into game due to the Crashing problem that many others are having as well due to the new release, I took some time to read the update info... No mention of the graphics issue where some textured clothing items have a black underlying layer that does not belong! I'm sure I'm not the only one who reported this issue, and you'd think they would have fixed it, seeings how Miss Entropia & HE-Man Comps are announced! But sadly, no. (For those who are unaware of this bug, I'll post a pic below) Really hope they fix this issue in an update before those competitions, otherwise why even bother announcing them in the first place?!...

(As you can see, the wildly colored shirt in the info window is equipped, but appears all black! This is a bug with textured Master Coats, along with some other textured clothing items! This bug will be a major problem for the upcoming annual fashion events!!!)

Not thrilled about falling damage and vehicle collision additions, sounds like a huge pain in the ass and the wallet I keep near it!

On the plus side, extended friends list is awesome!!!

Last edited:
Great VU, +REP MA, but where is the missing old content ????
Well at lest the knock is back, what about hangars, taming, makeup, beacons ??????

Voice chat sounds useless. Having to pay and having it restricted to people on your FL means that TS/Vent/etc will always be better.

For example for WoF England it's currently very simple, we just jump on the TS channel and off we go.

Switch over to the built-in system and someone would have to have everyone who wanted to join on their FL, or go and find them in game, and then again if people lose connection, need to relog, etc.

I don't want to have to do all that while also trying to compete in a WoF match, and I certainly don't want to pay for the privilege.

I haven't actually tried it yet, but that's how I understand it works from the release notes.

hey Oleg, you are free to not use it :p

Adding people to FL from soc terminal doesn't work.

Have you tried relogging? There's been a bug for some time when friends added from soc list don't get added to the FL immediately, but they're there when you relog. So I guess you are just seeing the same bug.

hey Oleg, you are free to not use it :p

Yep absolutely, I probably will end up using it on rare occasions, and I suspect many people will use it rarely or not at all, but some people will use it a lot. An extra option is a good thing.

i CANNOT LOG IN STILL FOR A WHILE:

ANY PICTURES AROUND ABOUT THE NEW ITEMS?????

Okay, so log in and find something high! lol, can't wait to get a boat!

ssssshh! Before you know there will be tidal waves destroying yout boat.

Ah, the tsunami from mass suicides of avatars jumping from cliffs in wheelchairs [L].

[if you take the interval from the first mention of wheelchair suicides to this post, divide the age of the latest update, and multiply by an appropriate number, you can calculate the time of your next global].

If we are climbing a mountain (or TP to a mountaintop, in most cases), there will not be a suitable spot for spawning the vehicle. Even if the hill is too steep.
Ok maybe not all places but I been able to spawn it in some places I thought impossible, just be quick to jump in ;)

but how often are you up such places without the intent to suicide after a terrible ped spending trip?

:scratch: I can find mobs in this VU... :(

I dunno...Seems like a lot of people having the same issue w/ client crashing....As am I: 4 times in approx 30min - no "set" time inbetween, just kind random...
Went to repair option so let's see if that works...

As far as boats, hovers, etc...No opinion...As a new player i can't afford those so i guess it's good for the richer players...No way for the newer players to catch up at all it seems so the "higher" players will always be better at everything than the new players...
:/
I did manage to fall (on purpose) and wondered why I died - now I know....Hmmm...More realistic I guess but will make some trips very inconvenient, not to mention I know this will have bugs as well....

Kinda was hoping instead of introducing all this new stuff for all the ubers to grab up and make overpriced that EU/MA would reimplement some of the older stuff they took out. (pets, makeup, tatoos(?), etc....)
Maybe I'd have a use for the 50k nutrio bars I've made....I guess I'll start eating them myself, they look tasty.

IMO we don't need the new "stuff" atm, we needed the old stuff fixed...Without fixing old bugs and nerfs it will only "snowball" issues on top of existing issues....

But yea, basically the platform seems unstable and I am sure as mentioned the new stuff will create even more lag...Let's see if the repair worked...If not then my vote is "This update sucks ass out loud" because i won't, because i CAN'T actually PLAY EU regardless of all the new bugs/items/"whatevers".......

Tippin'
P.S. This new forum is kind of a pain inna ass to post on too....Keeps scrolling to the top when I write....Wtf?

Interesting voice chat ... hehe, can't wait to hear all those female avatars with a male voice (myself included).
But paying for it ... no thx, will use TS when necessary.

If they continue like this we will have to :

1) Pay appartement fee : 10 / month
2) Pay voice fee : 10 / month
3) Pay armor & cloth decay for putting things on and off : X / month
4) Pay auction fee : y / month
5) Pay ...

Soon we'll pay a fee comparable with other MMO but there you play for free, whilst here the fee is only to login and use some features. Playing is extra costs :scratch2:

But I don't want to be negative, we are expanding nicely I see ...
Boats, space, ... nice, I want to fly soon :)

Atami

PS :

We need contracts so lending out items is not an issue !!
Just lost FAP-90 2.3 in such a trade from a honest person who was hacked and support even refused to find the tiered item ... there shouldn't be that many.

Also if someone can confirm before I think of buying something: Are the flying vehicles really limited to 500m? If so, they're of no interest for me (for discovering - ie to land on hilltops).

I dont know if they are limited to 500m or not, but even if they are maybe later ones will fly higher. :)

I dont know if they are limited to 500m or not, but even if they are maybe later ones will fly higher. :)

Noooooooooos, don't give them any more ideas! Wait until they fix the old stuff first :duh:

Just like in reallife :

Driver:"Sh!t, we gonna crash into those trees..."

Co-Driver:"Keep calm man, those are non-solid trees!" :)

*Drives over a small tuff of grass before reaching the trees which sends the vehicle tumbling erratically through the air, you get up and make a drink while waiting for the vehicle to finish its spasm.

But seriously, nice update, lots of shiny new toys, looking forward to trying them out. :b

Noooooooooos, don't give them any more ideas! Wait until they fix the old stuff first :duh:

I dont think beacons and piloting are that far away and being generous, I think make up delay is because they are improving it (for example making it so masks dont have to be symmetrical) and taming may have additional features - such as a high level tamer can ride his pet Atrox (muzzled of course ;) ).

Once I'd have said impossible, but today we got boats and planes, so I think its only a matter of whether Mindark want it to happen.

And I think they might. :)

Agreed....Why they didn't do this 1st is beyond me....

Maybe they'll start charging me each time this new update makes the client crash as well?

Vote: "New update sucks ass out loud"
:(

Tippin'

*Drives over a small tuff of grass before reaching the trees which sends the vehicle tumbling erratically through the air, you get up and make a drink while waiting for the vehicle to finish its spasm.

And then tumbles through the tree.

hm?

Just wondering, how big's the update? My bandwidth is reaching the limit and if it's less than 50MB I'll be ok, thanks in advance :D.

Back